Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Monster under the bed?

Comments

• Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    suzanna13 wrote: »
    I got a monster the first night, second night and third night. Poor kid was exhausted. I bought the light but the monster showed up for a forth night. I moved the doll house to the basement and bought a double bed. No monster! The monster and reactions are super cute but my child needs her sleep. Wish I knew why the light didn't work for me, then I could have a weekend monster.

Make sure the nightlight is turned on and not set for auto off.
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    I kinda wish the monster would sometimes drag the child under the bed, then do what the cowplant does and spit the child back out onto the floor.
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    Gruffman wrote: »
    I kinda wish the monster would sometimes drag the child under the bed, then do what the cowplant does and spit the child back out onto the floor.
    This would be so horribly amazing! :D

Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    Where do you buy the little spray bottle for the monsters? Also the Pikachu lamp is what you use to keep them away right? Haven't seen one yet but want to be proactive about this lol
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    YungGigi wrote: »
    Where do you buy the little spray bottle for the monsters? Also the Pikachu lamp is what you use to keep them away right? Haven't seen one yet but want to be proactive about this lol

You don't have to buy the spray ^__^
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    A Pikachu lamp? I was asked in person a few years ago if they are going to add Pokemon related stuff in The Sims, and here it is. I haven't seen that lamp yet, since I'm still trying to update the game. I'm still updating because the first two update attempts had failed.

• Options
    edited June 2016
    sunman502 wrote: »
    A Pikachu lamp? I was asked in person a few years ago if they are going to add Pokemon related stuff in The Sims, and here it is. I haven't seen that lamp yet, since I'm still trying to update the game. I'm still updating because the first two update attempts had failed.

It's not a Pikachu lamp, they can't add other companies properties without the rights for them. It's in fact a lamp with the fuzzy stuffed animal that is coming in the next Stuff Pack.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

It's not a Pikachu lamp, they can't add other companies properties without the rights for them. It's in fact a lamp with the fuzzy stuffed animal that is coming in the next Stuff Pack.
    Since I'm still trying to update the game, I haven't seen the new wall lamp yet. I do not know what it is or even looks like. I was just going by what the other Simmer said is all.
    As far as rights goes! They don't need to own the rights to something that another company owns in order to use it in the game. They just need that company's permission in writing is all. Now if they want to use that item without permission. Then they'll need to buy the rights to it first. That's how that goes as far as U.S laws on copyright ownership goes.

• Options
    edited June 2016

Since I'm still trying to update the game, I haven't seen the new wall lamp yet. I do not know what it is or even looks like. I was just going by what the other Simmer said is all.
    As far as rights goes! They don't need to own the rights to something that another company owns in order to use it in the game.They just need that company's permission in writing is all. Now if they want to use that item without permission. Then they'll need to buy the rights to it first. That's how that goes as far as U.S laws on copyright ownership goes.

It's not that easy darling, especially when it's something that someone would profit from.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    You can have the lamp, but if it is turned on, the Monster will not appear. If it is off, it can.
    Does this mean it is the light being on that keeps the monster away, rather than the object itself? ie. would any light be adequate, if it was switched on?
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    You can have the lamp, but if it is turned on, the Monster will not appear. If it is off, it can.
    Does this mean it is the light being on that keeps the monster away, rather than the object itself? ie. would any light be adequate, if it was switched on?

It seems it has to be that particular light, and it has to be left on like a nightlight, in order to keep the monsters away.
  • Options

As far as rights goes! They don't need to own the rights to something that another company owns in order to use it in the game.They just need that company's permission in writing is all. Now if they want to use that item without permission. Then they'll need to buy the rights to it first. That's how that goes as far as U.S laws on copyright ownership goes.

It's not that easy darling, especially when it's something that someone would profit from.
    It never is that simple. And yes, if they plan to gain a profit. Then they would need to buy the rights to it first. But then again, when ever is anything on this level ever so simple? Especially since the laws of two nations might come in to play here on this matter.

• Options
    Well my game just finished updating, and I got to see the new wall lamp. And there does appear to be an image of three creatures on the lamp that do look sort of like Pikachu in a way. I don't think that copyright comes in to play here, since this was a free content.
  • Options
    SIMGURURUSSKIISIMGURURUSSKII Posts: 1,247 SimGuru (retired)

Not any light, just "Coolala The Defender" wall light. And yes it has to be on at night.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    UniSims wrote: »
    I somehow managed to get the monster on my first night. Halle was so panicky for being a gothic child. I tried to get her to talk to it, but she was so frightened she woke up everyone in the household. lol!

They should have brought the Brave trait back along with the monsters, so that Brave children wouldn't panic when the monster shows up.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I somehow managed to get the monster on my first night. Halle was so panicky for being a gothic child. I tried to get her to talk to it, but she was so frightened she woke up everyone in the household. lol!

They should have brought the Brave trait back along with the monsters, so that Brave children wouldn't panic when the monster shows up.

Good thinking! Hopefully we see something like that down the road.
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I've gotten the monsters three times in two different nights. I have two kids- well, four, but two are school age- and both saw the monsters. Their dad sprayed their beds. The oldest will be a teen in 4 days and his sister will be a teen in 8 days. Rose, the younger one, also became an older sister to twins Jacob and Kady. (For those who are familiar with the sims 3 version of the Alderman's, Jacob and Kady were the couple's two grandchildren.)
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    iplaysims24iplaysims24 Posts: 7 New Member
    Ugh! These monsters are EXTREMELY irritating! I think I will try adding those lights that someone mentioned, or using only double beds instead. But just a question: is anyone else experiencing the following problem? - whenever an older-than-child-age sim goes to apparently 'spray the bed', the option that makes them spray the bed is just blank. So it's just a blank option. Just a glitch, I'm sure, but I thought I'd point this out. Also, since the update with these monsters, my game has been quite glitchy and occasionally laggy.
  • Options
    iplaysims24iplaysims24 Posts: 7 New Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

Good thinking! Hopefully we see something like that down the road.

Yes that would be super helpful! I mean, they really should just have the brave trait anyway! I miss that one :(
  • Options
    SIMGURURUSSKIISIMGURURUSSKII Posts: 1,247 SimGuru (retired)
    Ugh! These monsters are EXTREMELY irritating! I think I will try adding those lights that someone mentioned, or using only double beds instead. But just a question: is anyone else experiencing the following problem? - whenever an older-than-child-age sim goes to apparently 'spray the bed', the option that makes them spray the bed is just blank. So it's just a blank option. Just a glitch, I'm sure, but I thought I'd point this out. Also, since the update with these monsters, my game has been quite glitchy and occasionally laggy.

Try repairing your game to fix that text display issue on the options. =)

• Options
    JSwartz0181JSwartz0181 Posts: 42 Member
    Is there some condition to the nightlight actually working, other than just being on? Short of a mod completely removing the monsters, I have to use the nightlights to never have them under the bed (they aren't real, and I don't particularly want them in my game as real entities (if it was just one sim's imagination, okay, but it's not -- all kids in the room are impacted by it)), except it hasn't worked for me thus far. Nightlight is in the room and is on, and yet I still get monsters under the bed. I did dim the intensity, as it was just lighting up the room too much. And the only open spot on the wall was on the other side of the room. Does the bed have to be in the light's radius?
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Okay, I gotta get another kid in my game asap. I just aged up my teenager.. this looks really cute.

I had to wait for the baby to age up. I was beside myself. But, waiting was worth it. Poor kid. He couldn't convince one of his adults to help him out, at first, and kept running back to his bedroom to "check what was happening". Once his baby brother aged up, he also had fits with said monster. So funny! Their father finally came in and sprayed under the beds. Their auntie also sprayed under the beds the next night. I just decided to move them to the upstairs "Game Room" and re-purpose their old bedroom to "Game Room", instead. I didn't know the spray would last for a little while. It just became evening in my game, and not a hint of the monster. I miss the fool thing. LOL This addition really adds a nice layer of gameplay. Kudos, EA!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    cookiesimmerrrcookiesimmerrr Posts: 159 Member
    This update is so cute!! My sim's poor kid is so scared of the monster, their mom sprays under the bed every night, they can't risk it :lol:
  • Options
    mmhazelwood11mmhazelwood11 Posts: 1 New Member
    So I've been through eight sim nights and still have not seen a monster. My son has the outgoing trait, sleeps in a single kids bed, hasn't sprayed the monster repellent, doesn't have the nightlight, and still no monster? I even got rid of all of the windows in his room for good measure. Do you guys have your game on the fast forward mode when the monster appears? Or does that even matter? I'm not sure what to do to get this thing to show up?! Any tips would be helpful! Thanks!
  • Options
    TerrieNovaTerrieNova Posts: 5 New Member
    I don't have any kids on the house that I am playing. The youngest sims are teens, but they do have single beds and I saw a monster under the bed. I don't have kids stuff but I have the latest patch...