Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Short Story Challenges: October: So Spooky

Comments

• Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    Here's my entry for this month: Moment of Calm.
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Here's my entry! Tracks

(I switched to a different story, so this one doesn't have the wild painting backgrounds I asked about earlier in the month!)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    putacece4lyfeputacece4lyfe Posts: 1,734 Member
    I think I'm going to first take a stab at the April Month Screenshots challenge. It seems like the less time consuming one of the bunch because guess what.. the screenshots are already provided for you. Lol. Only thing i have to do is take 2 days to write and edit.
    disney-princess-challenge.png

Disney Princess Legacy Challenge Updated: 12/20 | Monthly Short Story Blog: Simming Through the Story Hour Haitus | It's an Olivia Love World Haitus
  • Options
    SummerFallsSummerFalls Posts: 6,413 Member
    I saw collywobbles and giggled. That word is always a favourite of mine, haha!
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    Origin ID: SummerFalls
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
    | Simblr | Youtube | I love creating sims! |
  • Options
    Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    I saw collywobbles and giggled. That word is always a favourite of mine, haha!

Mission accomplished with this theme. All I wanted was to make someone giggle :)
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
  • Options
    Peach77Peach77 Posts: 313 Member
    So I made a story for this.

Epizeuxis Epistaxis Excuses

You can guess what my word was. :D Although I slipped a couple others in there for good measure. WP tells me it's 514 words, so just barely long enough.

I also couldn't resist making the title sound like some kind of Harry Potter spell. I guess I'm warped that way.
  • Options
    Got yours added @Peach77 . Thanks for participating! :)
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:

Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
  • Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    Yay, we have a few new folks to Short Story Challenges this month! I love seeing new faces here!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    Anyone planning last minute entries this month? Less than two days left. It's always fun to see that happening. And I agree @mastressalita I love seeing new people participating too!
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:

• Options
    ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    I'm trying to finalize one! :)
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Options
    KingSmartiesKingSmarties Posts: 899 Member
    This looks like such an awesome challenge :) I might have to do the July challenge as I won't have time for the June project (due to Abnormality) :P Everyone's stories so far have been great though and if there are any more stories that get submitted I'll be excited to read them
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    This month got away from me. I won't be participating this month. However, I do want to wish everyone who is submitting stories or who have already submitted stories luck in the contest. :)
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    WinteryGarnetWinteryGarnet Posts: 2,320 Member
    I haven't submitted and most likely won't. I wanted to because I was really happy with my idea, but things aren't so good on my end of life. I haven't read any of the entries either.

Basically what I was going to write this month was use the word necromancy and then tell the story of how Shakespeare got famous. He basically visited three witches (like the witches in Macbeth) and sold his soul so that he could be one of history's best playwrights. He then communicates with the dead and meets Romeo, Juliet, Mercutio, Tybalt, Puck, and Hermia (all from Sims 2 Veronaville, but remade in Sims 4) and that's how he gets ideas for his hit plays.
  • Options
    CeltyGirly wrote: »
    I haven't submitted and most likely won't. I wanted to because I was really happy with my idea, but things aren't so good on my end of life. I haven't read any of the entries either.

Basically what I was going to write this month was use the word necromancy and then tell the story of how Shakespeare got famous. He basically visited three witches (like the witches in Macbeth) and sold his soul so that he could be one of history's best playwrights. He then communicates with the dead and meets Romeo, Juliet, Mercutio, Tybalt, Puck, and Hermia (all from Sims 2 Veronaville, but remade in Sims 4) and that's how he gets ideas for his hit plays.

@CeltyGirly That's such a great and creative idea for a story! I'm sorry you didn't get to finish it this month, but if you ever do - remember I can add it to the For Fun section. And I'm sorry to hear that you're having to deal with some stuff in your real life. Hugs to you. Hope everything is okay.
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:

• Options
    You still have nearly 1 1/2 hours to submit for June, but I don't know if I'll be back to the forums tonight - so I'm going to post the theme for July now. Hope y'all like it!

July's Theme: I Open with the Close

This month is our twelfth month of these writing challenges! As our first year of short stories draws to a close I wanted to do something to mark the occasion with the theme. A full year's worth of challenges puts me in the mind of having come full circle. And so... This month your entry must begin and end with the same sentence. What that sentence is will be up to each individual writer.

Special Rules: SURPRISE!! You have the option of using extra words and screenshots this month: 500-2000 words and 1-15 screenshots.

(PS. Yep the name of the theme is an attempt at a Harry Potter reference. :) )

E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:

• Options
    I got the reference! Starting and ending with the same sentence is certainly going to be a unique challenge.
  • Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    You still have nearly 1 1/2 hours to submit for June, but I don't know if I'll be back to the forums tonight - so I'm going to post the theme for July now. Hope y'all like it!

This month is our twelfth month of these writing challenges! As our first year of short stories draws to a close I wanted to do something to mark the occasion with the theme. A full year's worth of challenges puts me in the mind of having come full circle. And so... This month your entry must begin and end with the same sentence. What that sentence is will be up to each individual writer.

Special Rules: SURPRISE!! You have the option of using extra words and screenshots this month: 500-2000 words and 1-15 screenshots.

[/i]

I have an idea :) I hope I can get it to fit the challenge :)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    This month got away from me. I won't be participating this month. However, I do want to wish everyone who is submitting stories or who have already submitted stories luck in the contest. :)

TY @AdamsEve1231 .. next months looks great.

@everyone do we get a list of submissions to ensure we have gotten them all to review and instructions on how to vote?
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    lisabee2 wrote: »

TY @AdamsEve1231 .. next months looks great.

@everyone do we get a list of submissions to ensure we have gotten them all to review and instructions on how to vote?
    Yes, Carewren will post that sometime today/tomorrow along with the link to the poll.
  • Options
    lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,877 Member
    Hey lovelies! Think I got back just in time to start a July submission :D also, even though I didn't submit anything for June am I able to vote for my favourites? <3
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
  • Options
    KingSmartiesKingSmarties Posts: 899 Member
    Oooooo the July theme is awesome! I've got my idea ready, I just need to apply it :D
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    @Lizzie1234 yes! :blush: You don't have to have participated in the challenge to vote! Anyone can vote each month :smiley:

July's theme sounds interesting! I'm gonna ponder this one :tongue:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    SummerFallsSummerFalls Posts: 6,413 Member

YES YES YES YES.
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    Origin ID: SummerFalls
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
    | Simblr | Youtube | I love creating sims! |
  • Options
    Thanks @Pegasus143 and @CitizenErased14 for fielding questions while I was offline. They were exactly right.
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories: