Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kids Room Stuff Trailer Is Here!

Comments

• vqra45vqra45 Posts: 32 Member
    Omg I saw a pug painting on the wall o-o
  • RubyxAngelRubyxAngel Posts: 333 Member
    The stuff pack looks so cute! I love that they added tween elements such as girls excitement over boy bands and pokemon style trading cards!!!

16anmoj.png

2i106cg.png
  • kitangel1kitangel1 Posts: 200 Member
    Do you guys think they might patch in more cards in the future? I mean I'm not expecting another 20 or so, but I think it would be cute if they patched in a card or two with future patches. I would give some kids new ones to go out and try and collect.
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    kitangel1 wrote: »
    Do you guys think they might patch in more cards in the future? I mean I'm not expecting another 20 or so, but I think it would be cute if they patched in a card or two with future patches. I would give some kids new ones to go out and try and collect.

Awesome idea ! I would love that too, perhaps for some seasonal events ?
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    :) Just like the tween radio station they should make a kids radio station like that disney station on the am radio or pandora radio that play nothing but disney songs lol js
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    davina1221 wrote: »
    It is a nice pack. I like the robot and the two new animations. The big game is new, so that will be a neat addition and I curious about the puppet show. I will have to see the clothes IRL so I can see the colors and patterns. I wonder if it is coming with a new radio station and wall papers for the rooms. I will get it, but I wish it had included games for the tv, bunkbeds, and more toys like dolls ect. I really hope that these things will make it into a Generation type EP.
    I think That if EA is smart, they will make several childrenš packs....
  • HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    davina1221 wrote: »
    It is a nice pack. I like the robot and the two new animations. The big game is new, so that will be a neat addition and I curious about the puppet show. I will have to see the clothes IRL so I can see the colors and patterns. I wonder if it is coming with a new radio station and wall papers for the rooms. I will get it, but I wish it had included games for the tv, bunkbeds, and more toys like dolls ect. I really hope that these things will make it into a Generation type EP.
    I think That if EA is smart, they will make several childrenš packs....

If they do make several children's packs, they'll be yelled at for milking children, and will be told that "they should've put all this stuff into one SP," even though it would be way too much to do in one.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,543 Member
    If they do make several children's packs, they'll be yelled at for milking children, and will be told that "they should've put all this stuff into one SP," even though it would be way too much to do in one.
    I'm pretty sure they wouldn't do that anyway. They don't seem to like devoting much to age groups other than YA/A, so I very much doubt we will ever see any further kids content - unless, of course, they finally make a Gen EP and it is contained within that.
  • HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    I'm pretty sure they wouldn't do that anyway. They don't seem to like devoting much to age groups other than YA/A, so I very much doubt we will ever see any further kids content - unless, of course, they finally make a Gen EP and it is contained within that.

Honestly, just one or two more stuff packs based around kids would be fine. If the Backyard Stuff adds in the playground equipment, treehouses, and that sort of stuff, and they do add everything else for them in a Generations-style GP or EP while also adding more stuff like the monster under the bed to the BG to flesh kids out more, I think they could give kids very diverse activities and interactions to do.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • dsefdsef Posts: 1,219 Member
    couldn't you given us more time between dine out and kids room stuff, I mean it's exactly 20 days before their releases, that's very cloe
  • imey82imey82 Posts: 70 Member
    I was REALLY hoping for bunk beds :( would have been a much better gameplay object to add imo. Im still excited though!
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,543 Member
    imey82 wrote: »
    I was REALLY hoping for bunk beds :( would have been a much better gameplay object to add imo. Im still excited though!
    Yeah, kids bedrooms need interesting beds. A bed is central to the bedroom, and these days kids have some awesome ones. Mid sleepers, high sleepers, beds with slides off them, beds with tunnels over the top, bunk beds etc. If I were making the pack I would have picked at least a couple of different types of beds and added those in. But maybe they will do that in a Gen EP, if they ever make one.

My excitement for the pack has been somewhat dampened since the trailer came out, firstly because someone said the 'superstar' tee is of Jacob Sartorius (my sim kids will NEVER be allowed to wear that tee lol) and then with all the hoo har over EA's lack of customer service. Also, not quite the pack's fault but it kind of runs along with it, I think the monsters under the bed are going to be a pain in the neck (and, yes, I know there is an anti-monster light but it is freaking huge and ugly!)
  • shan_26shan_26 Posts: 951 Member
    edited June 2016
    Edit: Found the answer in another thread.
    Post edited by shan_26 on
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Everything I saw looks very cute, but I'm still waiting for something special that will surprise or amaze me. That may not be the fault of the teams. Maybe the past Sims games were too amazing and anything released after those games just falls flat. I think I am doing too much comparing between the past and now. I'll buy the new stuff pack so my Sim kids will have more to do and wear, but I hope the monster under the bed isn't something that happens every single night. That could become a bit irritating after a few game sessions.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    Everything I saw looks very cute, but I'm still waiting for something special that will surprise or amaze me. That may not be the fault of the teams. Maybe the past Sims games were too amazing and anything released after those games just falls flat. I think I am doing too much comparing between the past and now. I'll buy the new stuff pack so my Sim kids will have more to do and wear, but I hope the monster under the bed isn't something that happens every single night. That could become a bit irritating after a few game sessions.

The monster under the bed is added with the last patch. There's a nightlight to stop the monster appearing too.
  • Le0HeartLe0Heart Posts: 154 Member
    I don't know if anybody has talked about this, bu have you seen that there is a two new radio options ? in the stream I saw backyard radio and barbecue radio
    edited June 2016
    Le0Heart wrote: »
    I don't know if anybody has talked about this, bu have you seen that there is a two new radio options ? in the stream I saw backyard radio and barbecue radio

Backyard is from Perfect Patio, but not heard of Barbeque Radio... *Goes to rewatch stream*
  • princessdylanprincessdylan Posts: 124 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »

Backyard is from Perfect Patio, but not heard of Barbeque Radio... *Goes to rewatch stream*

I think they mean Baroque that we got with Romantic Garden Stuff lol
    qodtl3.jpg
    Gallery & Origin: princessdyland
    I play the Sims 2/3/4 & Medieval
    Please use she/her pronouns (:
    EmmaVane wrote: »

I think they mean Baroque that we got with Romantic Garden Stuff lol

Yep. I just rewatched the stereo part and that's the only one that fits.
  • Le0HeartLe0Heart Posts: 154 Member
    So embarrassing haha! Thanks for checking I was confused, I just glanced at it and got somewhat excited lol
  • tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    I don't know if anyone's asked. But are there new traits? Or does anyone know?
  • StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    I don't know if anyone's asked. But are there new traits? Or does anyone know?

I believe they said that since this is stuff there are no new traits...but if I am wrong then it will be a pleasant surprise.
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    It does look quite cute, but Idk I don't see the Puppet theatre or the new game as "new gameplay" if that makes sense? Running the restaurant in Dine Out is new gameplay, owning a retail store or traveling with your Sims to work also counts to me. But new objects don't really count IMO, I feel like it's a way for them to make us think we are getting more than we actually are. I can see how some Simmers are getting frustrated. Me, I just want more and more content lol so I'll likely end up getting this.

Yeah, I don't understand this. The puppet theater and battle station provide new things that our sims could not do in the game before. How is that NOT new gameplay?
    It depends on how it will work. If it's a one dimensional animation thing you can turn on and off like the tv, I wouldn't consider that exactly gameplay. Which would be fine because it's a stuff pack. Gameplay that really contributes to enjoying the game is more complicated and includes 'levels', layers. I've only seen the trailer, didn't read more information. Maybe it does come with more gameplay.
    I do like this stuff pack by the way; finally something that contributes to family play.

There will be a blog about it later this week, but apparently there's a whole collecting/trading system with these cards, so even if the battle station itself doesn't that much animations going on, there will still be new gameplay.

Thanks, well, that does sound like gameplay. Really curious for this SP!
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Mariah5SOSMariah5SOS Posts: 1 New Member
    So, you have to have this pack to have the Tween Pop radio station?
  • VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited January 2017
    Yes Tween Pop is an exclusive radio station that comes with this pack. I personally don't think you are missing out on much since it is only 4 songs. Artists included are Isaac Elliot, Skylar Stecker, That Poppy, and The Heydaze.