Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kids Room Stuff Trailer Is Here!

Comments

• Options
    jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    edited June 2016
    Really? Remember when we got a whole ton of "kids room stuff" with the generations ep in sims 3? I know, I know this is only a stuff pack but still! This quantity over quality is getting ridiculous! An entire trailer for literally a handful of objects and one or two interactions? SPs, GPs, EPs, it's silly!

They are slicing and dicing everything we used to get into smaller and smaller "packages." Sims 5 we're going to paying per room! Oh wait, that's already here.....
  • Options
    ToblieToblie Posts: 3,099 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @Toblie wrote: »
    Yay, stuff we have to pay for just so we can have more diversity in our game. Yeahaw.
    Beds that should have been in the base game (btw that bed looks like the beds already in game just new colours)
    Can we get a colour wheel back please. I would much preferred a bedroom Ep with beds and stuff for all ages because there isn't enough options for that either. But i guess that will be labelled romantic bedrooms or something and come with one bed and a love heart curtain and table.
    Anywhoo. Will wait to see it in a bundle pack in the future.
    Yes I am whinging about this. One bed Come on!
    Correct me if i am wrong but i only saw one bed just different colours.

"Beds that should have been in the base game"

*rolls eyes*

*rolls eyes @ you rolling eyes*
    One kids bed is meh, that's my opinion you don't have to agree with it. *shrugs shoulders* *taps foot* *blinks*
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited June 2016
    @jaxie086 wrote: »
    Really? Remember when we got a whole ton of "kids room stuff" with the generations ep in sims 3? I know, I know this is only a stuff pack but still! This quality over quantity is getting ridiculous! An entire trailer for literally a handful of objects and one or two interactions? SPs, GPs, EPs, it's silly!

Handful of objects? There were HEAPS. You aren't looking close enough.

Also, Generations had just over 150 items and less than 100 items for CAS. $40.

Stuff Packs have 60 items. $10. Puppets, Game Console, Cards collecting,

It kind of works out.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Really? Remember when we got a whole ton of "kids room stuff" with the generations ep in sims 3? I know, I know this is only a stuff pack but still! This quality over quantity is getting ridiculous! An entire trailer for literally a handful of objects and one or two interactions? SPs, GPs, EPs, it's silly!

What objects then? List them for me.... or a link.
    Sims 4 specializes in clutter objects that have no use. Do those count?
  • Options
    jaxie086 wrote: »

What objects then? List them for me.... or a link

I agree it was like 12 objects including 1 bed I counted, maybe 15, just shown in the different styles over and over.
  • Options
    Yay, stuff we have to pay for just so we can have more diversity in our game. Yeahaw.
    Beds that should have been in the base game (btw that bed looks like the beds already in game just new colours)
    Can we get a colour wheel back please. I would much preferred a bedroom Ep with beds and stuff for all ages because there isn't enough options for that either. But i guess that will be labelled romantic bedrooms or something and come with one bed and a love heart curtain and table.

*rolls eyes*

One kids bed is meh, that's my opinion you don't have to agree with it. *shrugs shoulders* *taps foot* *blinks*

I never said one bed is good. But the fact it should be in the base game because you're bored of the base game beds? Yeah nah.
  • Options

What objects then? List them for me.... or a link.
    Sims 4 specializes in clutter objects that have no use. Do those count?

Well yeah. Generations was heavy on clutter too.
    What's the difference?

http://wiki.thesimsresource.com/index.php?title=Generations_Objects
  • Options

*rolls eyes*

I never said one bed is good. But the fact it should be in the base game because you're bored of the base game beds? Yeah nah.

I wouldn't mind if we had a colour wheel.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    @jackjack_k Generations was NOT bad, your opinion is NOT fact. Please learn to respect other people's opinions. Generations is my favourite EP.
  • Options

I agree it was like 12 objects including 1 bed I counted, maybe 15, just shown in the different styles over and over.

12 objects. Yeah okay, watch it on slow if you need too.
  • Options

lol ok, I did, let's just agree to disagree. Because obviously it's hard for you to deal with someone having a different opinion. I'm not saying it looks bad in design just skinny in content and I don't think it's worth $20AUD
  • Options

And how many are actually useable that will add to the depth of the game? I see a puppet theater that is basically a mini version of a tv, and a toy chest. Did I miss something?
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    @Simanite wrote: »
    @jackjack_k Generations was NOT bad, your opinion is NOT fact. Please learn to respect other people's opinions. Generations is my favourite EP.

My opinion may not be fact, but the critics are. Sorry.

Just because you like Generations, doesn't mean the general opinion of it was "good".
    The original post I quoted said Generations was a popular EP.

The general information shows it didn't sell much, it was bashed by critics, and fans gave it bad reviews.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/the-sims-3-generations

Fans gave the game 3.5/10.

The game originally had a 40/100 when it came out but it seems to have gone up to 70 (which is still okayish, its what the Sims 4 base game had and critics bashed that too).

Fans didn't like it as much as the rest and it wasn't popular.

Sorry.

---

I NEVER said people couldn't have their own opinions, but to claim Generations was a "popular EP" when it has the worst stats of all Sims 3 EP's (and most EP's ever) means that it wasn't a popular EP.

People just want more family content.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Since people seem to have missed the link the first time around:

https://thesims.com/news/the-sims-4-kids-room-stuff-reveal
    A child Sim can put on a performance in the Puppet Theater to help with their social development, they can stoke their competitive fire by challenging their friends at the Voidcritter Battle Station, and they can go out exploring in the world to discover and acquire the new Voidcritter collection.

…hold on a second, a Void-what? Voidcritters! As the story goes, these cute and occasionally ferocious monsters are mysteriously appearing in your Sims’ world, and it’s up to the children in your family to capture, collect, trade, and train them. Voidcritters are a brand new collection of twenty collectible (duh!) cards, which can be battled against each other in the Voidcritter Battle Station. Each competitor inserts their critter’s card into this electronic arena, and the digital screen springs to life as kids attempt to button mash their way to victory while the battle unfolds. This collectible card game is unlike anything you’ve ever seen in The Sims before.

Children will also find the Puppet Theater waiting for them when looking for an amicable social undertaking. In another first for the franchise, friends and family will gather around as your child Sim puts on the performance of their lifetime. When the curtain rises, a variety of stories can unfold… will two friends lost in the woods make it back to safety? Will a monster with razor sharp teeth find living arrangements in a suburban family’s home? Will the dastardly deviant that stole a notebook be brought to justice by the school’s private eye? Five plays in total are unlocked as a child raises their social skill, and each one is positively adorable to watch as it’s acted out.

To complete the experience, we imagine you’ll want to do some renovations to your kid's rooms, as well as a wardrobe overhaul to set the right tone. You’ll find that objects are aged up in style from the primary shapes and colors that adorn the existing kid’s furniture; the content in this stuff pack helps children start to define their own space. Clothing is similarly expressive and unique, with patterns, logos, colors, and fashions that help tell the world who they are and what they like. Finally, what better way for kids to pass idle time in their room than listening to the new Tween Pop radio station, or watching the new BEtween TV channel.

Seems to be on par if not more than the other Stuff packs, and far more than two or three objects, with multiple interactions per object.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options

And how many are actually useable that will add to the depth of the game? I see a puppet theater that is basically a mini version of a tv, and a toy chest. Did I miss something?

Considering that you will be able to personalize your child's rooms, that's depth.
    We are getting Puppets, Gaming Station, Card Collections, Monsters under the bed etc for $10.

Depth doesn't come just as gameplay. The depth of your Sims is also important.

I mean, this has much for going for it than "Family Fun Stuff" which Sims 2 players rave about, and was double the price.

The bias here is way to strong, and I can see through it :)

• Options

Considering that you will be able to personalize your child's rooms, that's depth.
    We are getting Puppets, Gaming Station, Card Collections, Monsters under the bed etc for $10.

I mean, this has much for going for it than "Family Fun Stuff" which Sims 2 players rave about, and was double the price.

You didn't answer my question
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    Really? Remember when we got a whole ton of "kids room stuff" with the generations ep in sims 3? I know, I know this is only a stuff pack but still! This quantity over quality is getting ridiculous! An entire trailer for literally a handful of objects and one or two interactions? SPs, GPs, EPs, it's silly!

They are slicing and dicing everything we used to get into smaller and smaller "packages." Sims 5 we're going to paying per room! Oh wait, that's already here.....

I'm going to assume you haven't seen the blog post, and probably don't care enough to actually see it, and you'll just see this as a stupid SP with nothing in it, even though this SP seems to be even more fleshed out than any of the SPs we've gotten for TS3. And it costs less.

Also which is it, do we have a handful of objects, or too many shoddily made ones? There seems to be conflicting reasoning going on here.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member

Lol @ talking about "quantity over quality" and "smaller package" while using TS3 as an example. You know TS3 has a store that sell even smaller packages and there are way more TS3 store sets than TS4 stuff packs, right?
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Now this finally makes sense. Remember someone on Twitter said they'd just finished working on the voices for the little monstahs? I think these voidcritters are the little monsters they were talking about.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options

I never said I didn't like the sims 4 In fact I love the design and look of the game. I'm just sick of paying for something that feels like it's limited on content.
    And it's not $10 for me, it's $20 or sometimes $30 even GP's Are $40-$50 all AUD.
    I'm glad some people are excited for this. I just feel it's skint. I will wait for bundles like i did for the others GP's And SP"s for this game.
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    I think this looks really cute- even the collectible, "monsters" cards sounds fun and I'm not that much into collecting- my seven year old's gonna really LOVE it, lol. AND THERE'S A NEW BED (insert uncontrollable crying here like I've just won the lottery). I can't wait til next week, it really looks like a fun pack. I have a little girl in my legacy game (and her best friend next door) that I'm gonna have to fire back up! This looks like another really good SP imo- far more value than the S3 Store sets and I feel like some thought went into the design. It'll give kids something more to do.
  • Options
    CharlieGothCharlieGoth Posts: 192 Member
    Generations could have been better. It felt like what we know these days as "Game Packs" to me. It felt smaller, in comparison to EPS like Seasons, or World Adventures.

Having said that, I really like the focus of this stuff pack. Very specific, and concrete.
  • Options
    KalebsmommaKalebsmomma Posts: 88 Member
    can't wait. comes out on my first day of my vacation!
  • Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member

It's hilarious that you of all people are lecturing about bias.
  • Options
    RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    Still no bunk beds..