Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kids Room Stuff Trailer Is Here!

Comments

• JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    Jerrello wrote: »
    *EA announces everything sims fans have ever wanted* Fans still unsatisfied.

That's unfair to say considering how much was missing at launch and things were still waiting for such as family play, deeper interactions, and toddlers to name a few.

Don't get me wrong I genuinely appreciate all the hard work they have put into the game..Obviously these people are talented, but these are really important features the game desperately needs right now.
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    Evalen wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    Hmmm it looks like we'll be getting a "new Tween Pop radio station" and a new "BEtween TV channel." Could this be a hint towards preteens?

Kind of upset me a little, because seeing Tween Pop radio station and Between TV Channel made me think that we would not get preteens as this would satisfied us for preteens. but not me, I want real Preteens not satisfying me with pre teen stuff.

They know this is not enough. According to Graham "It's common for kids to like things that are a bit older than them; this pack plays on that idea as base game kids skewed young.". I still think preteens are coming, and then it will make sense for children to like preteen stuff. Otherwise, children would like "teen" stuff since that's currently the next life stage.
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member

Polyrhythm wrote: »
    Hmmm it looks like we'll be getting a "new Tween Pop radio station" and a new "BEtween TV channel." Could this be a hint towards preteens?
    I hope so
    That or the kids are older than I thought they were lol
    I imagine they are trying to subtly tell us that this is as close to preteens as we're gonna get.

@elanorbreton My thought also, sure hope not, I want preteens. I feel the same way about toddlers. It has been too long now. Just keeping us in the dark, see no reason why they cannot say they are in the future at least. they do not have to say when or how.

Puppet station is neat but I probably won't get it for a while. Still kind of worn out of stuff packs and I'm a huge CC user so it's not like I'm lacking in objects for kids
    I hope so

or another way of keeping you hoping
    edited June 2016
    Neia wrote: »
    I have a feeling my neighborhood population is going to explode soon :D

I like the tween vibe, I didn't expect it, but I think it will be a great way to do some kind of continuous aging, by changing the clothes, their room, and new activities as the time passes.

tween vibe, NO, I want real preteens, I don't want them to make me think I go preteens, as we do not. It does not age theses little kids into preteens, by changing their clothes or room or ay activity. they are still just little kids, not preteens.
  • Marycool33Marycool33 Posts: 151 Member
    edited June 2016
    This is so cute! It really adds a lot of new styles to things which can really help differentiate the personalities of all sims children. What a great stuff pack. But these comments on people BEGGING for old expansions and stuff are driving me absolutely INSANE! Calm down will ya? We get it, you want generations and toddlers and stuff from the old games but HOLD YOUR HORSES, please. I'm sure by now EA knows exactly what you want so pleading for it won't change anything. Just chill out, play the sims, don't worry about releases. If the stuff you want comes, great, if it doesn't, then I'm sorry, that probably sucks.

Edit: But I do agree, they should at least tell those who want stuff like toddlers if it's something that might come in the future or not. I feel bad for those that feel like it's a very important part of the game. If I was missing something I loved in The Sims, I'd probably complain too (only for a bit though, it can get annoying).
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

I'm sorry but have they announced toddlers?

Everything the fans wanted is toddlers and preteens. I never asked for puppet shows, new games, toys etc. even if I do like that they put them in.

• PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited June 2016

Everything the fans wanted is toddlers and preteens. I never asked for puppet shows, new games, toys etc. even if I do like that they put them in.

Well in their defense this is just a SP so I don't think anyone was expecting toddlers or preteens in it. In fact I do think this SP will blend very well when (or if)they do add preteens since children will be able to like "tween" stuff which will be the next life stage for them (just like in real life). They may have had this in mind when they designed it.
  • JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member

Marycool33 wrote: »
    This is so cute! It really adds a lot of new styles to things which can really help differentiate the personalities of all sims children. What a great stuff pack. But these comments on people BEGGING for old expansions and stuff are driving me absolutely INSANE! Calm down will ya? We get it, you want generations and toddlers and stuff from the old games but HOLD YOUR HORSES, please. I'm sure by now EA knows exactly what you want so pleading for it won't change anything. Just chill out, play the sims, don't worry about releases. If the stuff you want comes, great, if it doesn't, then I'm sorry, that probably plum.

Edit: But I do agree, they should at least tell those who want stuff like toddlers if it's something that might come in the future or not. I feel bad for those that feel like it's a very important part of the game. If I was missing something I loved in The Sims, I'd probably complain too (only for a bit though, it can get annoying).

As annoying as it may be, being silent on the matter isn't going to get us anywhere either.

Well in their defense this is just a SP so I don't think anyone was expecting toddlers or preteens in it. In fact I do think this SP will blend very well when (or if)they do add preteens since children will be able to like "tween" stuff which will be the next life stage for them (just like in real life). They may have had this in mind when they designed it.

@QDog Just hoping that the new EXP is toddlers and Preteens. I hope you are right. I was not expecting preteens in a stuff pack. but seeing the preteens stuff, just made me think that they wanted us to think that we had preteens. Or that this would satisfied our need for preteens.

• BrattonMattonBrattonMatton Posts: 896 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    I have a feeling my neighborhood population is going to explode soon :D

I like the tween vibe, I didn't expect it, but I think it will be a great way to do some kind of continuous aging, by changing the clothes, their room, and new activities as the time passes.

tween vibe, NO, I want real preteens, I don't want them to make me think I go preteens, as we do not. It does not age theses little kids into preteens, by changing their clothes or room or ay activity. they are still just little kids, not preteens.

Cheers! Claps! Applause! Thank you!!!!
  • BrattonMattonBrattonMatton Posts: 896 Member
    I'm just moving this post back to the General forum so that there's a thread for those who don't normally visit the Stuff Pack sub-forum to discuss today's announcement of Kids Room Stuff.

I barely see you on here???
  • merifortnmerifortn Posts: 48 Member
    I'm excited for the braided hairstyle I think my little simmies will get a ton of use out of it.
  • Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member
    edited June 2016
    Not interested
    22611_supernatural-yawn-tv-sam-winchester.gif

• Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    I love it! It sorts remind me of TS2-Teen Stuff Pack, which I have not gotten. I especially love the puppet show and creature under the bed. :)
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @shan_26 wrote: »
    I hope so
    I imagine they are trying to subtly tell us that this is as close to preteens as we're gonna get.

I am happy to see some kids stuff added though. Shame it's not a fully fledged generations EP, which I have my doubts will ever appear. But it will be an excellent start if they do choose to add more at a later date.

I think we will get Generations, it was popular with TS3. I can't speak for everybody but it was one of my favorites besides Seasons.

It was bashed by Critics and (40/100) and sold the worst of all the EP's.
    Yes, regarding those children in TS4, they look around 8 years old. Not all children like what their age focus on. Some children at that age, like concerts, video games, etc rather than children tv shows, dolls, blocks, books, toy cars, etc. Yes, they also like both of them mixed, though. It is really up to the individuals and preferences.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    @jackjack_k Generations did NOT sell the worst by any means whatsoever. Please don't spread lies. Also, reviews of Sims EPs mean nothing. Most game reviewers don't even understand Sims games, or class them as 'real games.' Most of them don't even bother reviewing EPs.

Generations WAS one of the most popular and most-requested EPs in the community. People went crazy when the trailer was leaked, and it was very positively recieved (other than the "glorified SP" comments) as it added to family play and merged seamlessly with the base game. This EP was very important to me and many others in TS3, and is even more important to us in TS4.
    jeej again giant stuff.. -_-
    Also why waist 10 seconds of gameplay and toys we already have in the game? Nothing else to show?
    Did we not ask for a small gameconsole??

The toys we have are now in an updated toy chest -- it'll fit especially well with a more modern decor. They showed the toys in order to show off the new chest.
    It's so nice to finally have this pack fully announced and out there for people to see. The stuff pack team is super proud of this one; we know you're going to love what it brings to the game. I really hope that anyone who hasn't tried a Sims 4 stuff pack to this point gives this one a second look :smiley:

Cinebar wrote: »
    I think SimGuruGraham is the only producer over there that understands we want distinction between the life stages and he has done what he could with a stuff pack. Which in my view defines 'children' more than the base game did, so to me I'm grateful someone (SimGuruGraham) does what they can with player's feedback. He just seems to get it when we complain. :D

I appreciate the kind words, but the direction for stuff packs (and everything really) is a collaboration between members of the team. For Kids Room in particular, send some smiles to @SimGuruLakshmi @SimGuruLyndsay and @SimGuruPizza for helping set the overall style :smile:

@SimGuruPizza? Oh great, now I'm hungry...maybe the local Mountain Mike's delivers and doesn't have a huge minimum order requirement (husband's off celebrating his 60th birthday with his brother while I'm kicking back with Sims news). B)

Showing 10 secs of old toys just for a new chest is not the way to go and not logic. They could just show the chest, or even in the last part where furniture is showed and sometimes you have no idea what is is. I stay with my earlier point ;)
    More annoyed by the giant toys actually when we asked several times for smaller consoles and smaller activity objects.

There also seems to be new toys in the chest as well.

And the battle station isn't giant, and is MUCH more interesting than Sims just sitting infront of the TV with a remote.

The Sims should be interesting, not boring. Sorry. People begging for "small game consoles" vs an actual interesting object with heaps of animations and back stories, and the first people to cry because EA are taking animation shortcuts and reusing ideas.
  • CharlieGothCharlieGoth Posts: 192 Member
    Voidcritter cards? LOVEEEE IT. They remind me of the good ol' days of Pokemon.

The tween hint makes me think we won't ever get pre-teens.
    @Simanite wrote: »
    @jackjack_k Generations did NOT sell the worst by any means whatsoever. Please don't spread lies. Also, reviews of Sims EPs mean nothing. Most game reviewers don't even understand Sims games, or class them as 'real games.' Most of them don't even bother reviewing EPs.

Generations WAS one of the most popular and most-requested EPs in the community. People went crazy when the trailer was leaked, and it was very positively recieved (other than the "glorified SP" comments) as it added to family play and merged seamlessly with the base game. This EP was very important to me and many others in TS3, and is even more important to us in TS4.

It was the only Sims 3 EP not to make it to the Top 10 best sellers of the year it came out in. Get To Work also made it.

Well Generations was bashed by Critics for not containing enough stuff, and being half hearted. It was bad. People just like family play. Generations could be a Game Pack easily.

And Critics do understand Sims. That's why the base game got 86, and Sims 2 got 90. Generations was just bad. End of.

Family Play is good, but Generations was bad.
  • ToblieToblie Posts: 3,099 Member
    Yay, stuff we have to pay for just so we can have more diversity in our game. Yeahaw.
    Beds that should have been in the base game (btw that bed looks like the beds already in game just new colours)
    Can we get a colour wheel back please. I would much preferred a bedroom Ep with beds and stuff for all ages because there isn't enough options for that either. But i guess that will be labelled romantic bedrooms or something and come with one bed and a love heart curtain and table.
    Anywhoo. Will wait to see it in a bundle pack in the future.
    Yes I am whinging about this. One bed Come on!
    Correct me if i am wrong but i only saw one bed just different colours.
    edited June 2016
    Also, to include more interactions for children themselves and with their parents, more family activities, more new furniture like bunk beds, playing sports, etc, would probably be in the expansion similar to Generations. Even, adding toddlers would probably be in the expansion instead being patched in.
    edited June 2016
    @Toblie wrote: »
    Yay, stuff we have to pay for just so we can have more diversity in our game. Yeahaw.
    Beds that should have been in the base game (btw that bed looks like the beds already in game just new colours)
    Can we get a colour wheel back please. I would much preferred a bedroom Ep with beds and stuff for all ages because there isn't enough options for that either. But i guess that will be labelled romantic bedrooms or something and come with one bed and a love heart curtain and table.
    Anywhoo. Will wait to see it in a bundle pack in the future.
    Yes I am whinging about this. One bed Come on!
    Correct me if i am wrong but i only saw one bed just different colours.

"Beds that should have been in the base game"

*rolls eyes*

Not everything should be in the base game because you said it should. We weren't short for beds in the base game, just the packs after OR.