Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ISSUES/BUGS with Dine Out

Comments

• crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Ah, that :)

Yeah that is a known issue. The musical chair issue is more defined as changing seats to engage in other conversations so I just wanted to make sure that's not what you're seeing.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• sbeno22sbeno22 Posts: 1 New Member
    Has anyone else noticed a hole on one of the male hairs? I was making a family and tried one of the new hairs, turned the sim around and saw a hole. I tried to post a picture, but the site won't let me.
    sbeno22 wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed a hole on one of the male hairs? I was making a family and tried one of the new hairs, turned the sim around and saw a hole. I tried to post a picture, but the site won't let me.

Hi,

yes, it's been reported multiple times.

Thanks.
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• kinot9229kinot9229 Posts: 528 Member
    edited June 2016
    If I live on my restaurant lot, sometimes some npc sims shows and will never leave.
    I also can't ask him/her to leave.
    It's very annoying.

And once I recommended a dish for my guest.
    She just never got her meal ...
    This interaction is broken.

I don't know if it is a bug.
    But the fire of my chef station is always on...
    It never went out.
    1. Do you have any interactions on them ? It's been reported by quite a few people
    2. I never had an issue with it but others have reported having issues with this as well.
    3. Yeah, annoying. It doesn't always happen but more than not.

Are you using a self-built restaurant or a default one ?

kinot9229 wrote: »
    If I live on my restaurant lot, sometimes some npc sims shows and will never leave.
    It's very annoying.

It never went out.

AHQ Tutorial

• ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    A few more issues I've ran into with Dine Out:

Owning a Restaurant:

Some sims will just never get served. They will order, but their meal will never be prepared.

Waiter's/Waitress' drop the queue to deliver food, therefore customers never get served (this happens when your the customer, too).

When food is delivered, customer will stand up, grab drink, put drink on floor, and stand there until you close the restaurant just to get rid of them. I had a restaurant full of sims doing this. I waited 6 hours for them to do something. They wouldn't. I finally had to close my restaurant to get rid of them. (This only started happening in my restaurant AFTER I got the "Fast Eater" perk).

Entire restaurant of customers will reset themselves (arms fling out and then back to their sides). Their meals forgotten, then they'll just stand around, sometimes the sim will pick up with their meal, but that isn't the norm. The wait staff, host, and my sim are not effected.

Eating at a Restaurant:

Takes 12-18+ hours to eat a full course of meals (appetizer, entree, dessert). By the time you get thru the entire meal, you are still hungry from waiting so long. If the appetizer or entree isn't going to be enough to fill up a sim, they need to work on making the overall dining experience take less time. Spending all day at the restaurant is bananas.

Waiter's/Waitress' needs drop, and they'll quit delivering food to go to bathroom, then your meal is forgotten. You have to cancel the order and reorder (part of why it takes 12+ hours to eat).

Sometimes the meal will just never be prepared. The waitress/waiter will take your order, but the meal will never be put on the pass to be delivered.

p8L4V6v.png
  • KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,463 Member
    Okay, I converted a theater venue into a restuarant and set the menu to Italian and my sims were seated and able to order. They got their drinks but have been waiting for their food for hours. They have taken multiple naps, bathroom breaks, and now it is morning and all the waitstaff is angry and my sims are starving! I don't have any mods in Sims4 am I going to need one like Relativity?
  • Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    Most annoying issues (in an otherwise good pack)...

1) Ambitious Sims with restaurants/diners getting a bad moodlet because they have no job. And always wanting to get a job.
    2) Inability to BAN a person from the business. Including enemies who just come over to annoy the staff.
    3) People incl staff always kicking over the bins. I had one employee kick it over twice & rummage in them once in the FIRST DAY!
    4) I tried to 'class up' the place with a piano. But can't get to it half the time because people (who had been seated at their tables) use it as a seat!
    5) You are hungry so decide to cook a meal in the diner kitchen. Another member of your household from the other side of the place will stop whatever they are doing, run over, stop you & tell you you are acting inappropriately! It's inappropriate for me to cook in a kitchen in business I own? Really!
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    I am using the little girl's hair from dine out on an alien girl. I have chosen the lightest blonde but, once I go into gameplay, her hair turns black for every occasion except for everyday which remains blonde.
  • ST7_MTNMANST7_MTNMAN Posts: 172 Member
    edited June 2016
    Happy Simming! :)
    Post edited by ST7_MTNMAN on
    Bananas_45 wrote: »
    I am using the little girl's hair from dine out on an alien girl. I have chosen the lightest blonde but, once I go into gameplay, her hair turns black for every occasion except for everyday which remains blonde.

This is a known issue that has been in the game for a while now.

You can press me too here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Child-s-Hair-Color-Changing-When-Re-Opening-Save-File/td-p/3581609
    AHQ Tutorial

Okay, I converted a theater venue into a restuarant and set the menu to Italian and my sims were seated and able to order. They got their drinks but have been waiting for their food for hours. They have taken multiple naps, bathroom breaks, and now it is morning and all the waitstaff is angry and my sims are starving! I don't have any mods in Sims4 am I going to need one like Relativity?

Which chief station are you using ? Make sure nothing is blocking that tray the non-windowed one has.
    AHQ Tutorial

Knoxhood wrote: »
    crinrict wrote: »
    Had the most awful experience with the Get Together club features and this game pack. Made my club show up to the restaurant, 5 seconds later the crown disappeared from my sim's plumbob, each of the group members didn't say they were in a club and then for the rest of the night they kept playing musical chairs as well as getting cranky with each other. Lol what a nightmare. I just gave up seriously.

Are you using any mods in your game ?

Have not tried a club meeting at a restaurant but this sounds extreme.

No mods at all. Complete fresh install of the game.

Is it reproducible or a one time thing ?

Have had it happen twice.

I've finally tested this and I think there's a conflict between managing the restaurant and being in a gathering.

When you enter gathering first and then open the restaurant, that works (but not well) but when you do it the other way round (open restaurant and then try to start a gathering, it doesn't allow you to, saying that you can't be a manager and in a gathering.

Can you try if you have the same on a not-owned venue ?
    AHQ Tutorial

• EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    knazzer wrote: »
    Anyone figured out how to connect two booths facing each other? One table will connect to the booth, but the opposite one wont?

06-18-16_10-24-33nbspAM.png~original

I think you need both ends of the straight booths open, not against the wall. If they can't access both ends, they can't use it (they don't scoot over). With only one placed, it's accessible at both ends, so snaps into place. Not the case with 2 unless you move it away from the wall.
  • kaitlyntaborkaitlyntabor Posts: 2 New Member
    Fizzstix wrote: »
    I am having an issue with my cooks not doing a plum thing. they come in, put something on the stove, then wander off and do whatever else they want. I can't access management when clicking on them. It isn't even available. I've hired and fired 3 cooks now and all of them do the same thing. I even had a staff come in and then steal something! Ugh.

Me too.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    xSpoiledx wrote: »
    I found another one, in addition to the "standing up to take a sip of drink" one I posted about before. This time, loads of dirty dishes are turning up on the floor. I didn't see whether it was the waiters or the customers putting them there, but the waiters were not picking them up. My customer sim had to clean up!

I saw one waiter continually putting dirty dishes on the floor next to my Sim's table, but eventually another server came along and cleaned them up so it was probably just an issue with that server. My big issue was that I clicked on the table to order (my Sim was dining alone, at the Diving Pelican in Windenburg), the waiter came and took the order, but the food never came; I saw other tables who were seated after my Sims get their food so I clicked again and all my choices had been erased so I had to order again. (Good thing he has a couple of days off before his next workday so plenty of time to take care of his work tasks.) Finally got the food but then couldn't pay the bill so I exited without saving. I'll try again today with that Sim and see if I have the same issues. Also not sure how to register a complaint about the service, or if that's only available if it's a Sim-owned restaurant.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Looks like musical chairs arent fixed at all. And they have spent most their time on that? pff.. horrible.

I haven't experienced musical chairs at a restaurant, but I do have one Sim that continually stands up then sits back down in the same chair. And when I sent the family out to eat, his dad kept leaving to dance, even when the food was coming to the table.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • scwhit84scwhit84 Posts: 70 Member
    I am pretty sure I am having every glitch/bug in my restaurant. Each bug is different each time I open. Employees do not show up, or the show and do not do their jobs. I often cannot close the restaurant. Sims sit down and order but the food never comes. Even after 12 hours and the chefs in the kitchen cooking for the exact same customers. The food critic never gets served, and leaves in frustration. Sims show up when I disallow new customers. I rarely make profit on my restaurant no matter what I do. You name it and it happens in my game. I have no mods and cheats. Anyone have any suggestions to fix these problems.
    scwhit84 wrote: »
    I am pretty sure I am having every glitch/bug in my restaurant. Each bug is different each time I open. Employees do not show up, or the show and do not do their jobs. I often cannot close the restaurant. Sims sit down and order but the food never comes. Even after 12 hours and the chefs in the kitchen cooking for the exact same customers. The food critic never gets served, and leaves in frustration. Sims show up when I disallow new customers. I rarely make profit on my restaurant no matter what I do. You name it and it happens in my game. I have no mods and cheats. Anyone have any suggestions to fix these problems.

Are you using a premade restaurant or did you build one yourself ?
    AHQ Tutorial

• sugasweet999sugasweet999 Posts: 39 Member
    These are the issues I am having, copied and modified the ones already posted by people. (ps. I don't use mods)

The "Disallow new customers" on the hostess table don't work .. new customers are still entering.

Takes 12-18+ hours to eat a full course meals (appetizer, entree, dessert).

people (who had been seated at their tables) get up and use the piano or other seats (with no tables attached/ lounging seats), when their food arrive they continue to stay at the piano or lounging seats until they get tired of waiting and leave only when I close the restaurant.

no idea who is sitting with who because they are all walking around the restaurant talking to anyone in sight, forming groups of people. When food comes they go back to pick up their drinks and food and come back and continue talking. -_-

After ordering I notice sims tend to get up.. And go back to the hostess stand.

After getting their food, they get up to eat it.
    Are you using a premade restaurant ? In which town is your restaurant ?
    AHQ Tutorial

• kinot9229kinot9229 Posts: 528 Member
    edited June 2016
    1. Do you have any interactions on them ? It's been reported by quite a few people
    2. I never had an issue with it but others have reported having issues with this as well.

It's very annoying.

It never went out.

@crinrict

Hi.

1.I have. I can interact with them normally. But just can't let them leave.
    And I tried to invite one of them to have a meal with the owner of the restaurant.
    After they finished their meal then they gone.

2.I only used this interaction once for the food critic. I haven't tried for normal guests yet.

3.For me, the fire is always there.

I'm using a default restaurant.(Hogan's Burger Bar)

It's very annoying.

It never went out.

@crinrict

Hi.

1.I have. I can interact with them normally. But just can't let them leave.
    And I tried to invite one of them to have a meal with the owner of the restaurant.
    After they finished their meal then they gone.

2.I only used this interaction once for the food critic. I haven't tried for normal guests yet.

3.For me, the fire is always there.

I'm using a default restaurant.(Hogan's Burger Bar)

You mean they aren't there as guests but as normal Sims without a Star over their head ? Do they knock on your door ?
    AHQ Tutorial

• sugasweet999sugasweet999 Posts: 39 Member

I am using a restaurant I built myself in magnolia promenade

I am using a restaurant I built myself in magnolia promenade

Do you have it uploaded to the gallery ? If so, what's your OriginID and what's the name of the lot ?
    AHQ Tutorial

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top