The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Update...

Anyone else having problems with the game freezing/"not responding" AFTER they released the darn patch that was meant to fix it? Ugh.

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,569 Member
    Hello
    I am sorry that you are having issues.

Do you have cc/mods in your game? If you do, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the issue is still there.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.

Try switching back to 32 bit mode and see if that helps. To do that ,
    Go to My Games in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture.
    Click on “Game Properties”
    Change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 32-bit”

Try playing in off-line mode and see if that helps the issues.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    DameGiggsy wrote: »
    Anyone else having problems with the game freezing/"not responding" AFTER they released the darn patch that was meant to fix it? Ugh.

At what point is it freezing/not responding ? On start up or somewhere in the game ?
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• MASchlabachMASchlabach Posts: 58 Member

Yes, yes, yes!!! Was seriously suffering this starting some time after the 06/02 patch, followed a tip from @Deaderpool and took the game COMPLETELY off-line. Ran like a champ. As of today, it's back and seems even slower. Off-line, on-line, doesn't matter.

@Crinrict - This happens at EVERY load screen. Sequence of events is l-o-n-g wait during load, can see where game goes into "not responding" on the bar up top, entire screen flashes white and game finally goes into last thirty seconds of load. In game, HORRIBLE lag and HORRIBLE delay between clicking on sim/object and menu finally coming up.

And as with issues from a week ago, absolutely no changes were made to trigger the plague. No new or updated mods, nothing.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,569 Member
    edited June 2016

Yes, yes, yes!!! Was seriously suffering this starting some time after the 06/02 patch, followed a tip from @Deaderpool and took the game COMPLETELY off-line. Ran like a champ. As of today, it's back and seems even slower. Off-line, on-line, doesn't matter.

@Crinrict - This happens at EVERY load screen. Sequence of events is l-o-n-g wait during load, can see where game goes into "not responding" on the bar up top, entire screen flashes white and game finally goes into last thirty seconds of load. In game, HORRIBLE lag and HORRIBLE delay between clicking on sim/object and menu finally coming up.

And as with issues from a week ago, absolutely no changes were made to trigger the plague. No new or updated mods, nothing.

Hello @MASchlabach .
    I am sorry that you are having these issues.
    If you haven't already tried this, try switching to 32 bit mode and see if that may help.
    To do that , go to My Games in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture.
    Click on “Game Properties”
    Change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 32-bit”

Try starting a new save game and see if that may help.

Uninstall and reinstall origin.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try right clicking the origin icon on the desktop and click " run as administrator " .

Try turning off origin in-game
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/deactivate-origin-in-game/
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member

Yours sounds a bit different then as as I understand the others, it either completely froze or crashed.

Does the same happen for you if you start a new game for testing purposes ?
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial