Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dine Out - Table and Chair Compatibility

I haven't seen a discussion about this anywhere so I thought I'd start a thread here to share info.

I've been looking into why pre-Dine Out cc chairs and tables do not seem to be working well in restaurants. Here are my findings so far...

Tables:

New slots have been added to tables to allow for colouring on placemats. You can fix cc tables quite easily by exporting the rig and slot binary files from an official table, and importing them to your cc table. You just have to match the right table size (eg 1x1 or 1x2).

Chairs:

For some reason cc chairs are not allowing the restaurant interactions to show up on tables. You can use an official, or a cc table with an official chair and get most of the restaurant interaction. However, if you use a cc chair with either an official or cc table, the interactions will be missing from the table. So there is something about cc chairs that needs changing. Importing the rig/slot/footprint has not worked, and I've also tried changing the tuning. I'm thinking it is something to do with the model but haven't discovered what yet.

So, it is the chairs that seem to be the main issue... not the tables as I had previously thought. If anyone has any insight please feel free to jump in. :)

Comments

• SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
    Hey @Cinderellimouse ,

You should look at the Tag entries in the Catalog Product resource (0X319E4F1D).

In this case the tag you are likely missing is 1006, which flags the item as a Dining Chair. Bar stools should be flagged as 1008.

Another tag of relevance is 26625 which flags the object as a Restaurant Item so it appears in the catalog when that filter is applied.

-SGMS
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited June 2016
    Thank you for this info @SimGuruModSquad :)

edit: I got the cc tables and chairs working! Thank you again for your help.
    Post edited by Cinderellimouse on
  • FeyonaFeyona Posts: 145 Member
    edited June 2016
    @SimGuruModSquad thank you for info! I wanted to ask what is tag 602 for? I found that tables from Dine Out have this tag and tried adding this tag to CC tables and also use them without this tag but didn't see the difference. Very curious what is this tag for.
    Update: seems it's the tag for patio tables that required for park venue? Is there is a list with descriptions what each tag is for?
    @Cinderellimouse happy to see that you've figured out how to fix CC tables, I fixed all my CC tables and chairs. Thank you for sharing!
    Post edited by Feyona on
  • BigUglyHagBigUglyHag Posts: 195 Member

I seriously had no clue what @SimGuruModSquad was talking about here, so with some translation help from siminimonster, I made this
    "Guru Jargon Simplified" version for those in need. (Thank you for the help tho!)

How to Update a Chair For Dine Out
    Open the chair in S4S:

tumblr_inline_o8oxlirsb31t9qq7x_540.png

Click the warehouse tab, select the first “Object Catalog” then scroll down on the right hand side to “Tags” and click “Edit Items”

https://67.media.tumblr.com/b3ba15ca4f8fe26235be0fbc94e7522d/tumblr_inline_o8oxwcPLqx1t9qq7x_540.png

A new window will open. Click “Add”. The new tag will say “None”. On the right hand side where it says “Tag Value” erase the zero and type in the number “26625″. The word “None” will change to “BuyCat_Venue_Restaurant”.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/38fb8ea1d5c0fef9e59424d61e7ac8d8/tumblr_inline_o8oyhj60pR1t9qq7x_540.png

Don’t forget to save both in this window and the main window.

Do this for ALL remaining “Object Catalog” entries.

Important note: Also check to make sure your chair has the tag “1006″ , if not add it in the same manner as above.
    haggysiggywip.png
  • SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
    @Feyona Correct, 602 flags the item as a Patio Table, which is a required object for a park venue. The tags are fully defined in tuning (see the tuning called "tag", the tdesc is Tuning\tag.tdesc). A lot of the tag meanings are also defined in tuning (such as in this case the venue tuning). So I'd suggest looking there to determine what tags are used for. If there are specific tags that you are having issues with, I can help.
  • FeyonaFeyona Posts: 145 Member
    @SimGuruModSquad thank you for getting back. I thought that would be an easier way to understand how to get this info. I am not sure how to get to read this info from TDESC files that provided in Maxis documentation (as I understood I meant that I have to search in this thread? I saw you mentioned 010 editor for opening binary files but I think it's too much for me to comprehend at this moment.
  • DarkWalkerDarkWalker Posts: 64 Member
    @Feyona
    To get the list of tags you need to look at the extracted tuning files. You can extract the files from your Sims 4 install with "XML Extractor for The Sims 4", by Scumbumbo, or with "Sims 4 Studio".

The file you want for the list of tags is BG\S4_03B33DDF_00000000_D89CB9186B79ACB7_tag.xml if extracted with Scumbumbo's extractor. If extracting with Sims 4 Studio, you can search for a tuning named "tag" and extract just that.
  • catalina_45catalina_45 Posts: 359 Member
    How to update a CC table for restaurant?
    Words are soul's image
    How to update a CC table for restaurant?

Hi @catalina_45, tables will work in restaurants to a point as long as they use an official chair, or a cc chair that has been updated. The only reason to update a table is to add the ability for sims to draw pictures. This requires specific slots to be added.

The way I did this was by using Sims4Studio. I had a 1x1 sized custom table. So I cloned a Dine Out table of the same size. Then I exported the 'slot' and 'rig' files from the official table using the 'warehouse' tab in Sims4Studio. Then I opened my cc table and imported the 'rig' and 'slot' files. This seemed the easiest way to me.

Once you've exported the rig and slot files for a 1x1 table, you can easily just import these to every cc table you wish to update. The only thing to be careful of is that you are using a matching sized table (so for a 2x1 seater, you'd need the rig and slot files from an official 2x1 seater table).

Hope that helps. :)
    edited June 2016
    @Cinderellimouse thanks for replay, I did it, but I can not add the table to a restaurant sofa or a sofa corner. It work only like independent table...

EDIT: Maybe should clone the corner with table? In S4S doesn't exist, only in game...

Does it matter if the official table has placemat or not?

I must delete the original rig and slot from CC tables? or simply adding the new rig and slot?

(wow, how many questions I put)
    Words are soul's image
    I must delete the original rig and slot from CC tables? or simply adding the new rig and slot?

I click on the existing 'rig'/'slot' and then choose 'import' from the bottom right of the S4S window. I think it overwrites the file.
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Unfortunately I can't do that with my round table set or all the slots will be in the wrong place :(
    edited June 2016
    @Cinderellimouse wrote: Then I exported the 'slot' and 'rig' files from the official table using the 'warehouse' tab in Sims4Studio.

Edit:
    What you use for export? "Export" or "export batch"? should use Export

For import you use "Import" or "Import batch" ? should use Import

I did it .... now it works... :)

Post edited by catalina_45 on
    Words are soul's image
    IngeJones wrote: »
    Unfortunately I can't do that with my round table set or all the slots will be in the wrong place :(

It's a lovely table though! I have it in my game. Too nice to let Sims colour near it anyway. :D

@catalina_45 just 'export' not 'export batch'. :)

edited June 2016
    @Cinderellimouse I'm so happy that finally all my CC chairs and tables work with Dine out.... happy. happy, happy!! (now I can made my own restaurant more beatiful)

I thank you and I apologize if i got angry to you with my questions... and sorry for my English...

The next step is to recolor the sofa and corner sofa...
    Post edited by catalina_45 on
    Words are soul's image
    No problem! I'm happy you got everything working. :)
    edited June 2016
    A question for @SimGuruModSquad

After the 1.20 patch I discovered a new tag on the single bed 1542 - Func_Bed_Valid_MonsterUnder_Target

What else we must change to have CC bed (single bed) compatible with monster under the bad?
    Words are soul's image
  • DarkWalkerDarkWalker Posts: 64 Member
    What else we must change to have CC bed (single bed) compatible with monster under the bad?

At the very least the referenced tuning (though if you reference a tuning that already exists in the game you should avoid this issue).
    I dare say there is a new slot or something too
    @IngeJones I hope one of the SimGuru will give me an answer...
    Words are soul's image
    Do you think it might be easier for the guru to spot if you made a seperate thread, as it is no longer about tables and chairs or even the same game pack?
    Do you think it might be easier for the guru to spot if you made a seperate thread, as it is no longer about tables and chairs or even the same game pack?

Thanks, good advice, I will start a new thread ...
    Words are soul's image
    edited July 2016
    There will be a possibility to convert the round table from the new backyard pack to be used in restaurant?

The method rig and slot I don't think will work, type table is unique.
    Words are soul's image
    edited July 2016
    Catalina, I asked the question and SimGuruGraham answered it in the livestream - the round table from the backyard pack is intended to work with restaurants as it is.
    edited July 2016
    Catalina, I asked the question and SimGuruGraham answered it in the livestream - the round table from the backyard pack is intended to work with restaurants as it is.

I think there will be need to add tag 26625 to found it more easily... I saw that tag is optional.

It will be very useful for a restaurant with terrace.

Thanks @IngeJones for information.
    Words are soul's image