Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build Mode Feedback for EA

Comments

• StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Just thought I'd add a request for metallic wall coverings. (I couldn't find it listed on page 1, but sorry if it's already.)
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    StSciurus wrote: »
    sawdust wrote: »
    It sounds like a similar problem that occurred with placing pools and is due to the ground not being perfectly level. Are you on the block where the Juice Bar is (can't remember the name) at the far right end of the commercial section in Oasis Springs? That's a terrible block to work on and EA have never fixed it.

That's precisely where it is. I think I'll move my build to a new lot before I get too much farther along. Although curiously enough, the ground was level (i.e. I could place the floor tiles) before I put in the basement wall to MOO up the wall sculpture.

Before I build I usually cover the lot in a pool (as much of the lot as possible) then select the pool and delete. This usually levels the lot in case it isn't flat already. Sometimes I forget though, then I get mad later.
    Interesting tip! Thanks, @EmmaVane ! :smiley:
    Just thought I'd add a request for metallic wall coverings. (I couldn't find it listed on page 1, but sorry if it's already.)

If you have GTW there's a couple under panelling. Called "CleanRoom" - I think the metal ones are used at the lab.

7cab409a11.jpg

If you mean a separate "Metal" sort, I apologize.
  • N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    sawdust wrote: »
    It sounds like a similar problem that occurred with placing pools and is due to the ground not being perfectly level. Are you on the block where the Juice Bar is (can't remember the name) at the far right end of the commercial section in Oasis Springs? That's a terrible block to work on and EA have never fixed it.

I've had similar problems, one place was the "Slipshod Mesquite" lot. I find it interesting that we don't have terrain tools but the lots don't stay completely flat.
    Thanks @EmmaVane That's a good work around.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
    I'd like to request an update to the BG/GTW (and any other pack) decals so that they work with the Dine Out signs. You can use the Dine Out ones on walls, but not vice versa.
    EmmaVane wrote: »

If you have GTW there's a couple under panelling. Called "CleanRoom" - I think the metal ones are used at the lab.

7cab409a11.jpg

If you mean a separate "Metal" sort, I apologize.

I did mean a separate "Metal" category, but I didn't know about the wall covering you showed! Thank you, @EmmaVane ! :smiley:
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Hi made a Post about this In Bugs and Issues but I was redirected here.

So I was doing some renovations to my main house, and I was trying to decided on back doors for my back porch.
    however With the new lighting I like to cycle through the time of day and see how the light comes in.

Now the Issue is with this Door, from Get To Work.

screen_shot_2016_06_13_at_7_00_23_pm_by_mphattyboi-da69ebv.png

and I did try it with the other doors, and they let in light.
    screen_shot_2016_06_13_at_6_59_14_pm_by_mphattyboi-da69edk.png
    (this one has a little glitch too, but I don't mind it...
    screen_shot_2016_06_13_at_6_59_38_pm_by_mphattyboi-da69ecw.png
    even a CC door
    screen_shot_2016_06_13_at_7_00_08_pm_by_mphattyboi-da69ecf.png

I would prefer to use the door that doesn't let light through, but it doesn't let light through.
    maybe I'll go with the second option.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    edited June 2016
    I will catch up on everyone's posts shortly, but I wanted to note another basement lighting problem that affects builders who elevate objects from basement rooms. Things are still fine if you're elevating up into a room, but if you are elevating outdoors, things have changed a bit. Pre-patch, the object would only receive room lighting, but now it is receiving a rather odd combination of both room and outdoor lighting. That can make it difficult/impossible to get the object's color looking like you want it to. Adding more lighting in the room doesn't really help.

Here's an example:
    basementlightingugh_zpsorcijacw.jpg

The object on the left was elevated from ground level and is its proper white color (less a little Oasis Springs hue). The object on the right was elevated from a basement room and has a weird greyish look and shadowing. I am hoping that EA will either fix it so that the objects take on only room lighting as they did pre-patch or fix the prior bug that causes objects elevated from outside rooms in basements to drop to the ground.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
    Yeah, best to avoid the Rattlesnake Juice lot, @Stcurius. Thanks for letting him know @sawdust, and thanks for the tip @EmmaVane. As for specific wall patterns (or other decor specifics), I don't list them in the index due to space limitations, but rather, we've just asked for more wall patterns in general. My hope is that the devs read the thread details in addition to just checking the index, so they are aware of specific requests like this.

@EmmaVane that would be nice to have. I'll add your request. The workaround would be to MOO the decals onto the signs, but of course, that is tricky if you don't have the sign in a room or over a flat.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature @MasonGamer. As you can see from the image below, there is actually a little light penetrating the door at the very bottom. There are a few other doors that appear to have been coded similarly (I put a couple in the picture). We can definitely ask about this, as it would make more sense if they let in more light like the other doors.

doorlight_zpsufi9tdpa.jpg
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
    So I've kept running into max text issues in the index post, and I decided that the best way to eliminate enough text to give us room for growth in requests was to remove all of the various "requested by SoAndSo" notations on the list. I apologize if anyone is upset by this change, but I would have to place a hold on requests altogether if I didn't make some significant room in the post.
    An update on the invisible walls issue: I had believed that the bug was related to certain wall patterns, but I am no longer so sure. Creating a new room or rooms on a different lot with the supposedly bugged patterns did not cause any rooms to go invisible. When I went back to the Villareal lot, I also found that if I created new room(s) away from the main structure and applied the Mosaic Mania pattern that had seemed to be bugged, those walls showed up just find *and* seemed to fix the invisible walls in the pre-made structure. So I'm back to thinking this is more of a corruption issue of some sort...
    edited June 2016
    I was able to duplicate the half wall trim lighting issue, and it's been added to the lighting problems collection thread on the AHQ here.

Half wall trim color is incorrect in rooms with windows and/or windowed doors. This problem is similar in appearance to the curtain problem in that the color tends to take on a blue hue. For example, this is what the white trim looks like when windows are present:

hwall1_zpsutiglxmg.jpg

But when the windows and door are removed, it is the correct color (although a bit shadowed):
    hwall2_zpsnapz6rqx.jpg

I tried various windows and doors in various positions. The only way to get the correct color on the half wall trim was to delete them all. I also tried moving the half wall to various positions in the room with no change. I tried rotating the room to see if different orientations might impact the color. They don't, but it is interesting to note that where light from the windows actually falls on the half wall in some orientations, the area of trim that it hits looks to be the correct color. Thus, I don't think it's the light itself necessarily that is causing the blue tint.
    hwall3_zpsb6qy39aj.jpg

I don't know of any workarounds for this issue. Using darker colored trim does make it less noticeable though.
    edited June 2016
    I've got another graphics glitch, a strange one, that may be related to the disappearing doors/windows, but it's very different circumstances, so I'm not sure. I discovered it in a WIP that I worked on pre-patch with no issues but now is displaying this behavior. However, I can re-create it on any lot in a fresh game.

The issue is that objects below a certain size elevated from a basement room into the level above disappear when viewed from a level higher than ground level. Here are images to show what I mean.

The basement room:
    elevprob1_zps5ikls2l4.jpg

View at ground level:
    elevprob2_zpsqrd4mz7v.jpg

View at the next level up:
    elevprob3_zpsy19dxtlx.jpg

If I eyedropper one of the objects and enlarge it (note that the objects were already enlarged twice to begin with), it then remains visible when viewing from higher levels.
    elevprob4_zpsdgzzhyas.jpg

From my testing, the height you choose to elevate the object to does not matter. The object type does not matter. Also, even if you choose a naturally large object, it will still be subject to the glitch unless you enlarge it at least one time.

Guess my WIP is going on hold...the perils of being an experimental builder. :/

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Create a two or more level high structure on a lot.
    2. Draw a basement room (location doesn't matter, but for visibility, should not be under the house/rooms you drew above ground).
    3. Turn on bb.moveobjects
    4. Select an object and place it within the basement room.
    5. Elevate it using CTRL+9 until it is at a height that will cause it to appear above ground (you can go up a level to check on the height).
    6. Change your view to ground level and observe that you can see the object.
    7. Change your view to a level above ground level and observe that you can no longer see the object.
    8. Go back to basement level and enlarge the object a couple more times by pressing SHIFT+] (only once is necessary for large objects - more for smaller objects).
    9. Change your view to ground level and observe that you can see the object.
    10. Change your view to a level above ground level and observe that you can still see the object.

Edit: Fun fact that I just discovered - the objects still appear in mirrors. :p
    funfact_zpsf0l3awlb.jpg
    Post edited by BryonyRae on
  • juju1807juju1807 Posts: 1 New Member
    Wonderful mod, thank you !
    Just a heads-up to my fellow builders; a couple of people have reported that their builds have disappeared from the gallery. In both cases, it was a build that was curated by Maxis. If you get a moment, please check your own builds. This is not the same as the bug that makes it appear like items are not shared in your library. In this case, the items are actually missing from the gallery, if you look your ID up on the community tab. If you do discover a build missing, please report it here.
  • LemonMorrangLemonMorrang Posts: 50 Member
    BryonyRae wrote: »
    Just a heads-up to my fellow builders; a couple of people have reported that their builds have disappeared from the gallery. In both cases, it was a build that was curated by Maxis. If you get a moment, please check your own builds. This is not the same as the bug that makes it appear like items are not shared in your library. In this case, the items are actually missing from the gallery, if you look your ID up on the community tab. If you do discover a build missing, please report it here.

Wow thanks for that. Does it affect my Library? I saved lots to my library but rarely to the gallery. Should I still be cautious?
    @LemonMorrang nope, not a library issue, just gallery.
    I have a new request. I would like the ability to replace pool walls with half walls and/or fencing. This is why:
    wouldbecool_zpsyfqciaa1.jpg

I want to be able to have a clear, seamless wall like shown in the image above. We don't have a tall seamless glass fence yet, but I'm hoping we'll get one at some point. It would look a ton better than placing windows on the pool walls. In the meantime, being able to use the tallest half wall right now would allow us to create a true infinity edge on the pool.
  • love9soulslove9souls Posts: 76 Member
    edited June 2016
    Floating objects using MOO and Ctrl+9 fall to the ground after uploading to the gallery

I'm having an issue with keeping objects in their place, or more specifically suspended in the air after uploading them to the gallery. I did some research and came across one solution, which seems to be outdated when I tried it out myself. The solution was basically going into basement level and pressing ctrl+9 to elevate the object above the ground of the first level. But again, after uploading to the Gallery, the object just falls to the ground of the basement level upon placement of the lot. Anyone know a solution or work around for this? I know it can be done as I've seen other builders in the Gallery keep their objects in place. I just don't know how...

Edit: I just realized that the solution mentioned above was probably from this thread! I watched BryonyRae's video, but the work-around didn't work for me...
    tumblr_nnyv751ryH1uv05lbo1_250.gif
    There are two ways around the problem @love9souls. You're right, the way basement spaces work was changed a few patches back. We did report it as a bug, but it may wind up being a permanent change. You can still use the basement to elevate, but you must create a basement room, place the object in the room, and elevate it from there. The problem with this technique after the latest patch is that the lighting can be strange if you are elevating the object up into an outdoor space. The game seems to apply a combination of outdoor lighting and room lighting, which does not look good in some cases. We have reported this issue.

The other way to keep objects up is to place a flat and elevate the objects from it. This can be difficult depending on what you are doing with landscaping though, as you can't use terrain paint on a flat and must pick flooring for it. There are a couple of grass-like floorings, but they don't blend very well. You can try covering it with rocks, grass, etc. in some cases though. At least, there are no lighting issues with this technique.
  • kreatorakreatora Posts: 557 Member
    I do not know if this is a good place to report such requests, but I have a big problem with my club in the game.
    There's no parcel, which can be used for closed meetings of the club. It have to be just my house or a public plot - such as gym, Spa or pub. The house is too small for this type of activity, and I can't modify it every time, when the club changes the type of activity.
    Although one plot designate specifically only "for the club" with the option whether or not to be open to persons not members of the club would be enough. Would have to be at least 30x30 or larger.that we could be create a club we want.
    No to mention of the creators joy in Gallery who immediately will start producing such buildings.
    P.S. Sorry for all mistakes I have committed in English
    My ID Origin kreatora
    Hero on EA AHQ
    @kreatora What about the club doors? My understanding was that they could be set to where they would be locked to any non-club members... If so, why not set up one of the public lots with the club doors? NPCs might still show up outside but couldn't get in...
  • jol1990jol1990 Posts: 257 Member
    .eJwFwW0OgyAMANC7cADKR7HiZQxBAiw6iK3Zj2V333tf9dyn2lQTmbwBHJ3zuA_NMu5Ui65j1LOk2VnncUESSbld5S0MdjFIlsgbIvQrLgFsDM45MtGjxzXEgPBpSfa-cyn6Nav6_QFx4SPq.wE-ViEME1ZvzazdzZoAgXIbs_RU.jpg

anyone has this issue at all?... or gets annoyed by it?
    mETeT9z.jpg

Check out my buildings on the gallery under my name or on my building showcase! http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/794210/j0l1990-s-building-showcase/p3
    To find me on the gallery, look for J0L1990 thats the number 0, not an O!
  • jol1990jol1990 Posts: 257 Member
    let me explain thsi further, in my builds i try to make houses with limitations, for instance, only use certain packs so more people can get use out of my builds. Untill they changed that i could find an object that snook in the house before but this option dissapeared all the sudden. I try to filter the packs but this resets every time you go in the objects menus! It would be so much handier if i saw what objects i used from what pack in my builds again.
    mETeT9z.jpg

Check out my buildings on the gallery under my name or on my building showcase! http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/794210/j0l1990-s-building-showcase/p3
    To find me on the gallery, look for J0L1990 thats the number 0, not an O!