Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Random crash to desktop, possible cause and possible solution

Comments

• TheOnlyAuntieMameTheOnlyAuntieMame Posts: 7 New Member
    edited October 2014
    > @luthienrising said:
    > There's a lot in that "put back in" list that you don't always need to have in game.
    > - Saves: If you have old saves you don't think you're going to go back to, keep them in a separate folder. You'll still have them for later if you end up wanting them
    > - Screenshots: If you have some you aren't using as memories, there's no advantage to having them in your Screenshots folder. You can keep them elsewhere. I did see a case of someone who's game was crashing with lots of screenshots.
    > - Tray: You need this only when you're using My Library. The rest of the time, you can keep it elsewhere, in a separate folder. Also, consider playing with Origin offline except when you need to access the Community Gallery.
    > - Mods and CC: Always a good idea to move these back in bit by bit, starting with the ones you care most about. Anything in there could be crashing a game.

Okay, I wasn't entirely sure. Thank you for clarifying all of that. The game does seem to be running better today. I haven't had it crash yet. I'll post again if it does.
    Just another update. My game hasn't crashed in two days. I'd say the above steps are a good bet if your game is still crashing, although, read @luthienrising 's comments as well.
    > @TheOnlyAuntieMame said:
    > Just another update. My game hasn't crashed in two days. I'd say the above steps are a good bet if your game is still crashing, although, read luthienrising 's comments as well.

I take that back. It's crashing again... -_-
  • Nazran123Nazran123 Posts: 9 New Member
    I think you were right......it starts to crash when a sim is spawning.A glitched sims(coloured in Purple,red,bule and green) then my game start to stuck and crashes...But that does not explain why when I first play it didnt crash but now 5 🐸🐸🐸🐸 minutes it crashes....
    edited February 2015
    That also does not explain why i CANT save my game.When i click save(normal time for saving in the sims 4 is like 15 sec until 1 min the longest is 2 minutes..The very longest..)but when I saving...I waited for like 15 minutes and it still saving.then after that it freeze and crash..anyone who knows why?i would really appreciate that.
    Now.I was glad I used the pirated one..the game is very expensive and in my country,its like 446 dollars..I will be very angry if I pay for just look this game crashes over and over again...Well.i promise to pay back when i have enough money but.Duhh....
    Seriously I am tired of this crashes.....Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand corrupted files....By the way why there is a corrupted save????It keeps bring me back to main menu when i click play button...When the holy freak will the developers fix this??
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Nazran123 wrote: »
    Now.I was glad I used the pirated one..the game is very expensive and in my country,its like 446 dollars..I will be very angry if I pay for just look this game crashes over and over again...Well.i promise to pay back when i have enough money but.Duhh....

Buy the game. Maybe someone will then be interested in helping you. Maybe it'll even work.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    Oh yeah btw this crashes happen after I updated my sims 4 to version where pool where added.sooo.Why does it crashes?some random ghost spawn or wat?
    edited February 2015
    > @Sebastianyzl said:
    > Has anyone experience crash while saving game? The message said "The Sims 4 had stopped working". Seriously EA have you ever make a game that is actually playable? My Sims 3 is now extremely laggy (especially after Seasons and University), crash most of the time till I gave up playing it.

I agree..its a very expensive game and it just like burning moneys in the fire of madness(wth am I talking about)However.It crashes because 1st it cant load your sims face when emotion is changed(for example:Focused to Flirty) it will never let you

save..2nd when you are saving the game suddenly play then a sim spawn..3rd it could not save your game...so when this happen.DO NOT save your game..eventually when your game crash while saving soo many time.Your game will corrupt and you cannot open it.I am serious that really happen
    So yeah i deleted all my not in world sims and it still crashes.so i deleted all of the sims except my sims(I know..its pretty silly)then the game crashes right after the world loaded...So.....eheh...How to fix the random crashes thou.it crashes after my sims change their emotion rapidly and then my sims become invisible and my game crash..Texture error?
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member

You admit to pirating the game. No one in this forum can help you with your issues.

Buy the game. Maybe someone will then be interested in helping you. Maybe it'll even work.

why is this poster Nazran123 still permitted to post?
  • MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member

Maybe not enough of us have flagged him.
    MsPhy wrote: »

Maybe not enough of us have flagged him.

How many flags does it take? I flagged him the other day when he first posted, you flagged him, Im sure luthienrising flagged him.

He just keeps bumping an old thread with nonsense
  • MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    No clue. I just keep flagging away.
    edited February 2015
    Ok...So the game crashes might be because of you accidentally buy a ** DEBUG ** items.and name.(itemname).(sort) or something that shouldnt be there.so the solution is.Idk.What the solution?

The game also crashes MAYBE because the sims that spawned at your lot accidentally wear a debug clothes that right after the sim fade in(spawned)your game freeze and crash

Another thing Extreme lag can also cause crashes

Also When your sims emotion change rapidly can also cause crash(e.g:Flirty to Very Flirty and Very flirty turn to flirty and turned to happy in just like 3 sec)

The solutions:Lets say...NO SOLUTION.you have to restart your game over and over and over and over as there is nothing better thing to do!(I am joking of course)Save your lot and make a new game.I always do that and it does work.But after some hours later it started happening again.

Please dont comment I am embarrassed ...
    (FOR GOD SAKE!!THE PIRATED ONE IS JUST AS SAME AS I PAY THE GAME!!!!)

Not when it comes to other players' willingness to help you, it isn't.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.

(FOR GOD SAKE!!THE PIRATED ONE IS JUST AS SAME AS I PAY THE GAME!!!!)

Please dont comment I am embarrassed ...

You should be embarrassed for stealing the game. No a stolen copy will not function the way a legal copy of the game will an no one will help you. All your doing at this point is spamming this thread.

Wait again what is this discussion for?
    @Nazran123 keep editing your posts trying to remove evidence that you admit pirating the game. If you look at the thread we made copies before you changed your posts. Im sure EA will catch on as to what you are up to.
    MsPhy wrote: »
    No clue. I just keep flagging away.

will do !
    Wait again what is this discussion for?

It's for helping people with Sims 4 if they own legitimate copies of the game.
    Fine...I shut up now!
  • DeecogameDeecogame Posts: 1 New Member
    the sims 4 failed me...i'm disappoint and angry, i buy a legitimate and all dlc b'coz discount a week a go, and after i've download and play its crash every 1-10 minutes, deleting household not in this world, not helping me either...i've send report massage to origin, they don't response...*sigh, seriously guys, don't buy this game, i've spent about $100....such a waste!!!