Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get to Work or Dine Out??

2...Next

Comments

• More_MooreMore_Moore Posts: 408 Member
    Grab GTW if on sale, but I personally enjoy Dine Out better - but this is likely because I have wanted real functioning restaurants since TS2.
    Simmer since day one. Owns every Expansion and extras. Even the console games. XD

Feel free to chat me (I like games/RPGs, game dev, and animu/anime)
  • GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    As others have said, I would recommend getting GTW over DO ... especially if you can get it on sale.

Content and gameplay wise, the EP does add more to the game than a GP. The three careers in GTW can get repetitive after a while, but you can choose to go to work with the sim or not, so it isn't a daily chore. The alien aspect is probably by far my favorite part of the EP, then the detective, scientist and lastly the doctor career. Retail is just a mess.

DO is new, I like it. I like being able to have my active family all go to a restaurant and eat. haven't tried running one myself yet so I can't comment on that aspect of it. It does add some new experimental dishes your sim can cook.

So go grab that sale!
  • PukingautotunePukingautotune Posts: 154 Member
    Neither. Both are pretty bad, especially GTW
    tumblr_nz9zidvExq1s2nj6io1_250.gif
  • CharlieGothCharlieGoth Posts: 192 Member
    Expansion packs always offer more content, so if you want more items, buy the EP. Now, in terms of gameplay, both restaurants and retails are similar imo. So, Id buy GTW first, because well, aliens.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    I would look at the reviews that people gave you above and decide which you think would make you happier. If you want my opinion, like one simmer said, GTW is on sale. Also, even if it wasn't, I would get GTW. I have both and both are great, but dining and owning a diner/eatery is just one thing. With GTW, you can own a store and put stuff on sale in it. You can also be a doctor, detective, and scientist. I've played all three and they are fun. I think you would have many happy playing hours with GTW, which has four things to do, plus a bunch of items. Good luck and happy simming.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'd say GTW first because then you get Magnolia Promenade that adds 4 lots you can use for restaurants in Dine Out. I've made Magnolia Promenade my entertainment district; I have a bar and a lounge on the 20x20 lots, a nightclub on the 40x30, and one of the Maxis restaurants on the 30x20. Great area to send my Sims on dates.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    davina1221 wrote: »
    I would look at the reviews that people gave you above and decide which you think would make you happier. If you want my opinion, like one simmer said, GTW is on sale. Also, even if it wasn't, I would get GTW. I have both and both are great, but dining and owning a diner/eatery is just one thing. With GTW, you can own a store and put stuff on sale in it. You can also be a doctor, detective, and scientist. I've played all three and they are fun. I think you would have many happy playing hours with GTW, which has four things to do, plus a bunch of items. Good luck and happy simming.

Now that they've changed the Scientist career where you keep your skills even after retiring/leaving the career (so you can keep making serums and using the SimRay) I'm going to start playing my Liam O'Dourke; get him to the top of the career quickly (might use Coolspear's mods) then quit and have him set up a basement lab. I played him when GTW first came out (he married a townie and had 3 kids including one from alien abduction) and had a lot of fun.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    Get to Work is on sale on Origin 1/2 price.. good deal.. I would get that one or both if you have enough with gt being on sale!
  • JuneDuneJuneDune Posts: 50 Member
    I recommend you get GTW since it's on sale. There are some bugs right now that they're working with through on DO (they just fixed the marriage bug), so you might want to wait a little while before getting that one. That's what I'm doing. :smile:

Get to Work has a lot of content, too, CAS-wise and Buy and Build-wise. The active careers are fun for a while, and if you love owning and running a retail store, GTW has that too. As well as aliens (if you're into that)! I've heard good things about DO and how they have improved the behavior of the employees, but GTW has loads of content to play. In my opinion, I think EPs are more worth your money than the GPs, if they are at the same price, which is right now.

Hope that helped! :blush:
  • pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    Like others said, Get to Work because it's on sale! And it's a pretty cool pack, especially worth it at the price it is right now!

I normally love the game packs, but I can't recommend Dine Out right now. They need to sort out a lot of bugs before I'd recommend that pack to anyone.
  • teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Get to work first;)))))))))))))
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    I would say GTW. it's on sale and has more opportunities and content than Dine Out. GTW made my games so much more fun with scientists and cloning.
  • SkewedReality04SkewedReality04 Posts: 1,450 Member
    edited June 2016
    Dine out, to me gtw has no replay value and I hardly ever use the work features.
  • FLIRTYINPINKFLIRTYINPINK Posts: 109 Member
    Does Get Together have a new world?