Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge - House 016 - Rules

VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
GAME SET UP FOR THOSE CONTINUING THE FULL 24 HOUSE CHALLENGE
-Built Lots in Oasis Springs and Willow Creek worlds may be replaced (with the same lot type)
-Place a Museum on the Municipal Muses lot in Willow Creek
-You are free to evict and/or delete any Sims except The Heir from House 015
All other worlds and vacation destinations may be built upon or populated however you'd like
*Adding in unique Lot types from other packs is encouraged

GAME SET UP FOR THOSE PLAYING JUST HOUSE 016
-Evict any Sims who are living on the Yuma Heights Lot in Oasis Springs world
-Demolish the Yuma Heights Lot
-Set the Yuma Heights Lot to Residential
All other worlds and vacation destinations may be built upon or populated however you'd like
*Adding in unique Lot types from other packs is encouraged

MAKING THE DRIFTER
Create one Sim who is a:
-Young Adult
-Humanoid or other Occult from the following list:
*Alien (Get To Work needed)
*Mermaid (Island Living needed)
*Spellcaster (Realm Of Magic needed)
*Using Story Mode for creating The Drifter is not allowed
*If you download a Sim, you will need to make sure that they do not have any Skills or extra Traits gained as this could give unwanted advantages

REQUIRED GAME SETTINGS
Under Gameplay tab in the Game Options menu select the following:
-Autonomy - Full
-Auto Age (Played Sims) - Yes
-Sim Lifespan - Normal

WHERE TO START AND LAST MINUTE PREPARATIONS
-In Game Options set Season length as as well as rain/snow options (Seasons needed)
-In Game Options you may choose to opt out of Fame (Get Famous needed)
-Move The Drifter onto the Yuma Heights Residential Lot in Oasis Springs
-You may select 1-3 Lot Traits in Build Mode (these can be changed at any time)
-Using the Calendar create/add any Holidays or Events you'd like (Seasons needed)
-Sell or Delete any objects that The Drifter has brought along in their inventory
*If you choose to keep any items, you must deduct the cost of the object(s) from the Active Household Funds before ANY other object(s) are allowed to be purchased
-Drop the Active Household Funds to $0 Simoleons (testingcheats on + Money 0)
-Save your game
-Make a backup save (start of House 016)
*I highly recommend that you make these separate game save files so that if you are unsatisfied with how things turn out or you experience a House Challenge fail, you will have the option to redo House 016 without losing all prior world progress

THE PLAYABLE SIMS THIS HOUSE CHALLENGE ARE:
-The Drifter (the previous heir coming from House 015 if you are continuing)
*The Sim you created if you are doing just House 016
-The Heir
*All other Household Sims are considered non-playable who may only be controlled using options available through their portrait in the bottom left hand corner

REQUIRED GOALS OF HOUSE 016
1. Catch a Bat Fish

2. Achieve level 10 of the Handiness Skill

3. Perform at least one upgrade on the following objects:
-Toilet, Sink, Bathtub, Shower
-Fireplace, Stove, Microwave, Refrigerator, Coffee or Tea Brewer
-Stereo, Television, Computer, Motion Gaming Rig
-Microscope and Observatory

Those working on the full 24 House Challenge keep track of which objects from this list that The Heir crafts (amounts are not necessary):
-Bar Stool
-End Table
-Dining Chair
-Dining Table
-Guitar
-Violin
-Wooden Bathtub
-Wooden Toilet

4. Produce and raise The Heir to the Young Adult life stage
*When The Heir reaches the Young Adult stage, you must stop game play and save if you are continuing on to House 017

ALL ABOUT THE HEIR
-The Heir is the firstborn baby made between The Drifter and another Sim who is part of the Active Household at the time the WooHoo For Baby interaction is used
*Vampire babies cannot be considered as The Heir

IT IS A HOUSE CHALLENGE FAIL IF:
-Any Required Goal was not completed before The Heir ages to Young Adult
-The Heir dies or is otherwise removed from the Active Household

WHERE AND WHEN YOU CAN TRAVEL
$1k Simoleons sitting in Active Household Funds is required ANY time you travel to:

-Party or Event locations the Household is asked to attend or playable Sims host
-Willow Creek - to access the tree to Sylvan Glade
-Sylvan Glade
-Parks
-The Grotto
-Nightclubs
-Gyms
-Museums
-Granite Falls (Outdoor Retreat needed)
-Spas (Spa Day needed)
-The Bluffs (Get Together needed) - invite required
-The Ruins (Get Together needed) - invite required
-The Von Haunt Estate (Get Together needed) - invite required
-Club locations the Household is asked to attend or playable Sims host (Get Together needed)
-Festival locations (City Living needed) - invite required
-Restaurants (Dine Out needed)
-Vet Clinics (Cats And Dogs needed)
-Selvadorada (Jungle Adventures needed)
-Strangerville (Strangerville needed) - to purchase items from the Curio vendor
-Beaches (Island Living Needed)
-Glimmerbrook - to access the portal to the Magic Realm (Realm Of Magic needed)
-The Magic Realm *HQ, Gardens, Dueling Grounds and Casters Alley* (Realm Of Magic needed)

*The Active Household Funds requirement does not apply if you travel to:
-Visit the Final Resting Place of Sims - to strengthen ties or release spirits
-Lots required for work or Aspiration Milestones - for the required updates
-Retail Lots that the Active Household owns (Get To Work needed)
-Hospital (Get To Work needed)
-Police Station (Get To Work needed)
-Science Station (Get To Work needed)
-Sixam (Get To Work needed)

ADDING SIMS TO THE ACTIVE HOUSEHOLD
-Sims that join the Active Household MUST be added using the Move In interaction except:
*Adopted Sims
*Created Clones (Get To Work needed)
*Whispering Wishing Well acquired Sims (Romantic Garden Stuff needed)
*Adopted Pets (Cats And Dogs needed)
*Duplicato Spell Created Clones (Realm Of Magic needed)
-If a Sim you are inviting to Move In has other Household Members attached, you may split their Household or Move In any number of them
-Check mark "Sell All Lot Furnishings" if the option is available
-Active Household Funds MUST be reset to the amount it was before the new Sim(s) Moved In

NON-PLAYABLE SIMS CAN:
-Redeem their points in the Rewards Store
-Answer phones and respond to pop-up events
-Use the following interactions:
*Blow Out Candles, Make A Wish, or Taste Frosting (Age Up)
*Change Outfit
*Claim Bed
-Spend Fame Points (Get Famous needed)

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO:
-Use any age altering or life prolonging items
-Create or designate other Sims to fill the role of The Drifter or The Heir should either of them die or be removed from the Active Household
-Move any Sims OUT of the Active Household
-Host Club Gatherings on the Active Home Lot (Get Together needed)
-Designate the Active Home Lot as a Club Hangout destination (Get Together needed)
-Have any of your Playable Sims become a Vampire (Vampires needed)

ADDITIONAL INFO
-You may select the Traits of the Sims in the Active Household (upon Age Up)
-At any time you may change the Aspiration of any Sim in the Active Household
-Any playable Sim in the Active Household may purchase and/or manage the following:
*Retail tail Lot (Get To Work needed)
*Restaurant (Get To Work needed)
*Vet Clinic (Cats And Dogs needed)
-Puppies or kittens born into the Active Household may be kept or sold (Cats and Dogs needed)
-The use of any Mods or Custom Content is at your discretion
rXyqmuX.jpg
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    edited September 2019
    GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY DRIFTING!!
    Post edited by Vihisha on
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    edited June 2016
    I STILL made it on the 1st Thursday of this month...I was cutting it dang close ha ha ha!
    Hope that u all enjoy House 016 of The Drifter Challenge :smiley:
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    edited September 2019
    What is your favorite crafted item that your Sims made!?
    Post edited by Vihisha on
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Angel_NorthAngel_North Posts: 65 Member
    @vihisha this house looks awesome, cant wait to get to it. Although since I started back from the beginning I have only made it back to house 5. I am sorely tempted to skip ahead. I might, I haven't decided yet. lol. Between this, my 100 baby and a legacy challenge I started to prepare for the dine out expansion that came out today (I wanted to create a legacy family to run a family dinner), I am not going thru the houses as fast and it is putting me way behind on the houses. I may jump back to house 12 which is where I left off and catch up then if I have extra time in between go back and do the other houses again in between. We'll see. Any way I decide to go will be fun so I cant lose. Happy drifting. :wink:
    rM9I0vYaxyLKm4VsZ1Mg8FQL1CPq6MQmG46iB1tCy89VLdTgHPAtia2Dg7e-2De_SepOHzEaYbu-jZ3ZPcevvfAT6jYIc3WnKO0-xOWBvufkiFsmK6lj9pymhWw71dEIET3sPn1pyjs6N38IvmBMdKAEIN3YE5PStBvUJXahotgYHnk8Uu3SUCSJOmm1D_EK14hbOu9cf_tnFz0udrCq1ke3rteYwsue5KeJ5fi15iEYS3KoDL1tFiJ5mGlPpzjtHjxxR6yIpeMr0G5HDqhoazF9dD7I_9y-u4ejtawz6n1UEL0rvWyIyGmfdcDb6wfOBVm1sOa4Nt1PNxRXc_3I4mQcfgk_ukOXgGefLb8LSNQWVpj1X9XHjl2svIrLb0Sl1t6CDWgGAhwC5of2BYBpEiJHOFQEfpeOI8R3txnHLAGqw6PMGpZ11MQrbMbJFnoF3HILC8ZEkGErj0eX3EaFiOlgzaGgJ2FyzNPWMFFBGqVrofzlpmzNorME4NKeen2ems5vRA8X6IGS7_7OJ9v6P7HW1Rcl0tB3PNii9aR6kVuccVRG38hwos_ORUCyuoUlkVaXaVibyhGEJdHcg1Tvqp4SWkqZGes=w1275-h717-no
    @Angel_North Woot Woot!! I can't wait 4 u 2 try this house mini-challenge...I would love 2 hear what u think! :smile:
    Bounce around on the houses or other game saves all u like....these DO work as stand-alone challenges as well so.... Many Drifters have multiple saves so they can try out the new houses when I launch them!
    Happy Drifting, my friend! :blush:
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Darra84Darra84 Posts: 144 Member
    I love your Drifter Challenge! <3 Just began it today myself on my channel :)
    My blog: https://simsstoriesmyblog.wordpress.com/
    My YouTube channel: Daalia
    My twitter: Daalia_Simmer
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    edited June 2016
    I'm definitely going to skip ahead. I'm going to create a new family line/Sim and begin here. Should I create/place the community lots that were allowed in previous challenges? Or just start in a fresh world?

Edit: I've already begun. I couldn't help myself. I started with a fresh world and a new family founder. His name is David Drake. He is in the gallery. And he's a best friend with a female that was housemates with Vihisha's sim self. lol
    Post edited by Rawla on
    @Darra84 I added your channel 2 the list on House 001 thread :smile:

@Rawla u can do either/or....you'll wanna' add in the community lots allowed in the world up 2 this point so...
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Vihisha wrote: »
    @Rawla u can do either/or....you'll wanna' add in the community lots allowed in the world up 2 this point so...

Sounds good. Thanks. :smiley:

@Vihisha ...I just had to say how much I loved this little comment. "- Catch a Batfish (nanannana Batfish!)" It made me grin. Thanks for the little fun things. :smiley:
    Here is David Drake and his wife Christina. David is my playable Sim and the founder of this new family line. He is level 6 handiness skill at this point.

06-17-16_6-25-16nbspPM_zps6hoaq5qj.png
    Updates:
    David is now level eight in the handiness skill and has been upgrading many things. I'm having a lot of fun with this challenge!
    With eight days to go before both of them become adults, Christina is now eating for two. Yes! The heir is on the way. :smiley:
    edited June 2016
    Maybe its just me, but she looks awfully big for only being in her 2nd trimester. Who guesses she might have more than one? Raise your hand. *raises hand* lol

06-17-16_8-27-24nbspPM_zpswo15hxhc.png

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Edit to add:

LEVEL 10 Handiness!!

David%20Drake%20lvl%2010%20handiness_zpsvvmjyay4.png
    edited June 2016
    Results of the big baby belly......

It's a girl! And only one. I'm surprised. The baby is named Naomi Drake. :smiley:

XXXXXXXXXX

Edit to add:

Question for @Vihisha.... "- You may take one of each of the following items to House 017
    - These must all be crafted by your Heir" ......... Is this the heir that will inherit 017, or the heir I'm playing with now that is the YA/Adult, etc for house 016?
    Post edited by Rawla on
    edited June 2016
    Meet Naomi Drake.
    06-18-16_12-35-36nbspAM_zpsymgeywee.png

Here she is eating with her father, David.
    06-18-16_12-45-19nbspAM_zpseryhgyxe.png

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Edit to add:

Three daughters and mom is pregnant again.
    Naomi (heir), Terra, Raina

David is an adult now and as you know from the news above has maxed his handiness skill. I've been sending him to the grotto (with 1k+ in the funds. He's level 8 fishing already but no bat fish. I'm using frogs as bait. Am I doing something wrong? Am I fishing in the wrong spot? Upgrades on everything are almost complete.
    Post edited by Rawla on
    Rawla wrote: »
    Sounds good. Thanks. :smiley:
    U betcha! :smiley:
    Rawla wrote: »
    @Vihisha ...I just had to say how much I loved this little comment. "- Catch a Batfish (nanannana Batfish!)" It made me grin. Thanks for the little fun things. :smiley:
    A ha ha ha I was in quite the silly mood when I wrote that :blush: Glad it made ya smile!!

@Rawla LVL 10 in handiness already?! Booyah!!!
    & 2 answer your question...they must b crafted by the heir u will b taking into House 017...in your case..the adorable Naomi <3
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    edited June 2016
    @Vihisha Sounds great! I'll put Naomi on learning the handiness skill as soon as she becomes a teen. As for catching a batfish, I feel like such an idiot. I've not been going to the grotto. I've been going to sylvan glade. He's level 9 in fishing already and no batfish. Now I know why. I've been fishing in the wrong spot. *mega face palms* LOL

Edit to add:

He did it! (When he actually started fishing in the right spot. lol)

06-18-16_2-59-23nbspPM_zpsql8hiegv.png

Edit to add: David's fourth child has been born. Finally, its a boy! Charlie Drake is his name.

Another edit: Naomi (heir) has become a teenager! Her handiness training has begun. Here she is in the outfit and hairstyle she aged up in.

06-18-16_7-08-32nbspPM_zps5efxzozb.png
    Post edited by Rawla on
    @Rawla O no!!!! Fishing in Sylvan Glade won't get that Batfish heh *face palms* is right :wink:
    Awesome shot....when u caught it!!
    Not long now & Naomi will b out on her own! Hope you've enjoyed this house mini-challenge so far!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    @Rawla O no!!!! Fishing in Sylvan Glade won't get that Batfish heh *face palms* is right :wink:
    Awesome shot....when u caught it!!
    Not long now & Naomi will b out on her own! Hope you've enjoyed this house mini-challenge so far!

Thanks! I just happened to hit pause at the right time. When the 'catching new fish' notice came up, I zoomed in and hovered over the pause. And yay! It was a bat fish. It was the second thing he caught in that location. lol I have enjoyed this challenge very much! I can't wait until the next one. :smiley:
    @Rawla well I'm sooo glad 2 hear that!! :smiley: I'm leaving 4 vacation today & will b gone 4 a week & a bit...i just hope I have enough time 2 get all my ducks in a row so I can launch The Drifter Challenge House 017 on time!! THX so much 4 playing :smiley:
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    @Rawla well I'm sooo glad 2 hear that!! :smiley: I'm leaving 4 vacation today & will b gone 4 a week & a bit...i just hope I have enough time 2 get all my ducks in a row so I can launch The Drifter Challenge House 017 on time!! THX so much 4 playing :smiley:

If you are a little late on the next challenge, don't stress over it. Vacations rule! Have a great one. :smiley:
    @Rawla Vacation Rule! Heck yeah they do!! :smiley:
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    @Vihisha Welcome back! I'm glad you had a great vacation. Now get to work, I want to see the next challenge. /teases <3
    *whip sounds effect* ha ha ha :wink:
    rXyqmuX.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top