Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Saying Goodbye to TS4 Community

fidlertenfidlerten Posts: 7,615 Member
edited June 2016 in The Sims 4 Lots
Recently, things out of my control have been happening. First, the new patch caused issues in my game that made walls disappear or become transparent with certain wall coverings. I wrote a thread here on the "The Sims 4 Lots" that was virtually ignored by Maxis as though it just didn't matter at all.

Then, my only favored lot Tal Mahala, was removed by Maxis for an unknown reason; no explanation or P.M. was sent to me. I started a thread asking them for answers. Again, entirely ignored as though it did not matter. Other builders, out of their concern, even contacted Guru Drake and even though it has been about four days since this happened, there has been no response whatsoever.

I have been really down about these happenings, unable to sleep and depressed. Then to add on to that with something far more serious, some of my LGBT brothers and sisters were slaughtered and wounded in a nightclub in Orlando, Florida, thanks to someone's hate.

I realize that sabotaging someone's creative work is far below a gunman shooting up a nightclub because of their hate, but hate is hate either way. With all this piling up on me, the only thing I feel I can do is get away from being a victim myself of someone's hate.

I don't know why this person or persons hate me and what I might have done that deserves to be attacked all the way from TS2 when my page and my work was downgraded by some unknown person with the power to do so, to TS3 when my popular help thread was "accidentally" deleted three times, also by someone with the power to do so, and now in TS4 when my first house that was favored by Maxis was removed from the Gallery, again from someone with the power to do so.

Some of my fellow simmers have tried to convince me each time that surely it was not on purpose but here I am several days into my lot being removed and I have not even been given an apology or has even one Maxis employee showed a bit of concern.

Let me give one message to the employee or employees who has struck out at me: We simmers, every single one of us are people. We are not just pixels that you can set on fire, electrocute, drown, starve or whatever just for the pleasure of it. We feel pain, we bleed, we suffer, we even die when someone reaches out their hand to harm us. What you have done to me does not even come close to the terrible tragedy that happened in Orlando when lives were taken and families' loved ones are no longer with us, but that tragedy affects me strongly as a fellow LGBT. Your insensitive attack upon my work for whatever your reasoning, only adds to the sorrow I feel right now, and which has taken me down a dark road alone, a road I have traveled so many times in my life when I had to hide who I was just so I could live, when people like me did not enjoy the same rights as we do now, thanks to the efforts of wonderful leaders like Obama. I can well remember a beating I took at the hands of three huge men who caught me leaving a gay night club one night in OKC. So any kind of hate affects me strongly because I know what it's like very much so.

It also does not help that even those gurus who work for Maxis didn't care enough to offer their apologies or try to find the reason for it happening, and in doing so became enablers to a senseless attack upon me personally.

So I won't trouble you anymore. I will miss all the great simmers who have encouraged me and made me feel like I belong. Unfortunately, all their great compliments and support cannot overcome the overwhelming feeling of rejection I have gotten from those in power, those who are able to make a difference in how they treat us who have spent our money and who have toiled over a lot or building up a household or legacy family, wherever our creative talents have taken us.

In the next couple of days it will be as though I was never here as I remove ALL my lots from the Gallery and I no longer plead for help. I will go silently into the night without one whimper, just because my spirit is broken and I can no longer deal with the rejection and the hate.

Again, thanks to all the support and love from the good people who make up the majority of simmers, and even those gurus who do care but are helpless to do anything at this time.

Goodbye

Signature%2005-29-17_zpsti5fd2z4.png
Post edited by fidlerten on

Comments

• bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    So sorry this has happened to you @fidlerten and that it, along with other events, had made you leave.

Wishing you all the love and happiness that each of us deserve.

Hopefully you will return one day.
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    Hello
    I wish I could take away the pain that you are feeling inside but I can't. I am saddened that you are in distress and are feeling like you do. I am so sorry for all that you have been through in your life. It would have been not very nice for you and very painful deep down inside .
    Please stay here in the simming community. Your fellow simmers enjoy your builds and although you feel hurt, we don't look at whether builds have been favoured or not, we just all enjoy supporting and encouraging each other as fellow simmers whether that be as we look at builds, or sim household creations or reading about what happens in each other's games.
    I send hugs to you <3
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    I agree with @rosemow. You are such a creative person, and many of us enjoy and are inspired by what you offer to the community. We will miss you terribly. <3
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    @fidlerten - I am so sorry to hear that you are leaving! Is there anything I can say that will change your mind? Why not keep on building and sharing your builds because you love building? People love to see your work and you have helped and inspired a lot of people here in this community. What happened to you is very unfortunate and I do not know why it happened either! I am sorry that you did not get any response from any of the gurus. *sigh* I only know that you will be missed here in this community. Thanks for all the help and guidance you have given me via your showcase thread. Hope you change your mind and come back soon. Hugs
  • PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    So sad. You have obviously been through a lot. Sims is a great escape from the harsh reality and we expect it to be
    a nice and most of all fair experience. When this isn't the case, well. That's just terrible.

I don't like the thought of someone leaving because they are feeling chased away. No one should have to feel like that.
    I also understand why you don't have the strenght to "fight" at the moment but still, don't say good bye forever. You do have
    your fellow creators behind you and we are many. Even if it's not enough now (and that's ok btw), it may be enough one day
    when you are feeling stronger again. For what it's worth, I am not giving up yet on the whole Tal Mahala issue because I know
    how I would feel if it happened to me. I would like an answer, and that is why I think you deserve and answer to. *hugz*
  • swiirl73swiirl73 Posts: 73 Member
    Dear @fidlerten, so sorry for your loss and for what happened to you here. You helped me once way back in the beginning of TS3, and I never forgot how service minded and helpful you were. You are a person who truly cares, and I wish you won't let them brake your spirit.
    Feel better <3 and hope to see you back in some kind of Sims community again some day.
    You are not nobody. You are a respected member and you need to know that!
  • DippyDesignsDippyDesigns Posts: 1,809 Member
    Larry, I posted to you on Facebook that there is definitely something wrong with the gallery. I had a Greek villa that was recently curated by maxis and it has also now gone from the gallery - totally wiped off. I am sure that this is a mistake and I am sure that with time this can be rectified. I think we need other builders to check their uploads, as I do not think you have been singled out, my villa has also been deleted so please give the guru's some time to work out what has gone wrong. We are a community and we value you <3
    My Origin ID is DippyDesigns

DIPPY DOODLE on Facebook

644362_1491605541100631_1472781576571833276_n.jpg?oh=c0019c8ce2de98a0158c1aba60509bc8&oe=57C1A708

• BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    @Fidlerten, if you or @DippyDesigns could create a post on AHQ (here), it might really help. Since this issue sounds like it may impact multiple creators, and it's a bad one, we need to get the reporting going on it. I checked my builds, and fortunately they are all still up (for now).
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • fidlertenfidlerten Posts: 7,615 Member
    Though I have said goodbye to all of you, I will make this one post to let you know I have not disappeared completely.

First, thank all of you for your encouragement.

The issue with the transparent walls have been going on since Maxis gave us the patch, which I might add, was not optional as TS4 updated automatically the next time we opened it. Yet it caused walls with certain wall coverings (several, I don't know how many) to simply disappear and become transparent. I wrote a thread that very morning with my concerns and it has been completely ignored by the gurus, not one word. This may have something to do with houses disappearing that have this problem going on with them, thanks to a post patch by Maxis that messed things up more than helped them.

With the concern of lots disappearing from the Gallery. I had a thread since Friday morning concerning this, and our response from the gurus: Nothing whatsoever.

So here we have several simmers, especially creators, trying to speculate reasons for what's happening with Maxis and their employees who have an obligation to communicate with us as their customers, if only to say we're sorry for whatever is happening and we're investigating the issue and will get back to you when we know more.

But no, they have chosen to let us sit and brew over what has happened without one single word coming from them, with some of us trying to excuse the gurus with some kind of reasoning for their behavior. Make no mistake, they know about these threads and they know we're concerned. What should concern us the most is the reason they have chosen to ignore us. Personally, I refuse to be one of their victims sitting around waiting patiently for just one little crumb of information to say, "We're on it and we're here to help."

Before I continue to be under their thumb so that they can reach out and cause me harm anytime they wish, I expect a personal apology for what has happened so far. There simply is no excuse for them not doing their job.
    Here's the thing though @fidlerten, pretty much every single patch has introduced new bugs along with the fixes; it's been this way from the beginning. I don't honestly remember now if it was this way or not with TS3. Anyway, there are almost never any immediate fixes. Typically, the most egregious bugs get addressed in the next patch, but sometimes it takes a patch or two. I can understand your frustration over that. I wish they'd get fixed faster myself, but I guess I am used to the cycle.

The other thing is that the Lots forum really isn't the place to post bugs, although I do track all of the build mode related ones in our feedback thread. But in general, for getting faster attention to them, it's better to post them in the Bugs forum and better yet to post them on AHQ, which I linked above. Of course, for the most immediate attention and to really have a conversation with a person, you can call/message customer support on the main EA support site, and you may want to try that given the gravity of your issue. With this particular case, I would definitely make the AHQ post though.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • DippyDesignsDippyDesigns Posts: 1,809 Member
    edited June 2016

Hi Bryony,

I have followed your advice and made a post over at AHQ, adding the link here in case others are affected which I assume we will find they are as it would be odd if it were just myself and Larry that have been affected by this bug or glitch.

I am sure Maxis would not remove a lot without good reason and I hope that other creators will check their catalog and see if they are missing any shared lots.

Shared-lot-curated-by-maxis-has-gone-from-the-gallery
    My Origin ID is DippyDesigns

DIPPY DOODLE on Facebook

644362_1491605541100631_1472781576571833276_n.jpg?oh=c0019c8ce2de98a0158c1aba60509bc8&oe=57C1A708

@Manssom @BryonyRae @DippyDesigns Just wanted to ask you guys: How's that communication coming from the gurus going, uh? Not happening, is it? We just don't matter to much to them it would seem. They pretty much proved my point.
    Thanks for doing that @DippyDesigns. :) I see that @crinrict responded with a suggested line of contact. Please let us know if you pursue it, and what the outcome is.
  • ZuckerschockZuckerschock Posts: 28 Member
    @fidlerten as much as I understand your frustration due to revolving cases of your work being corrupted I do not quite understand what this has to do with anything regarding the LGBT community but the fact that you maybe derive from your experience being discriminated. But deleted gallery houses and deleted walls are definitely not part of this and making this kind of connection (especially to the happenings in Orlando) is....well...

Also you said that you opened a thread on Friday morning and since then are waiting for a gurus respond. Just take into consideration that their schedule could have been already full on friday and now deserve a weekend like all of us.

But please don't leave. Your work is beautiful and highly admired by so many. It would be such a pitty.
    I couldn't help respond to your post @Zuckerschock

We're not talking about this last Friday, but the Friday before. There is also no connection with the situation in Orlando except for the fact that I have been grieving over it, and the piling on of the situation here was no help. Sorry if it seemed I implied otherwise.

And, thank you for you high compliment and I'd love to stay on, but obviously those in charge has made it quite clear they don't want me around, and perhaps others too, as they've surely had plenty of time to respond to this post and the other posts, pleading for their help. This idea that we need to somehow find special channels to get their attention sounds a little desperate to say the least. I'm certainly not going to beg them to please pay attention to their customers and I'm not going to search out several avenues of communication just to get their attention, hoping that finally, even one of them responds.

Again, thank you for caring enough to respond where those who should, still haven't.
  • follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    Hi Fid not long back from a short holiday and was very sad to see this post. I do hope that you will change your mind about going and stay for those of us who care about seeing you creating and supporting new comers as you have done before. Hugs Folly
  • SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    Hello @fidlerten

I will do my best to address the concerns / accusations you have laid out:
    • Tal Mahala lot - The team has investigated this and it was indeed an error and it has been brought back (it may take a little bit of time to populate in your gallery again.)
    • "The Sims 4 Lots" Thread - I do not see this in your discussion post history. In any case, if you (or anyone) experiences any issues it is imperative that you use either AHQ or the Bugs / Issues section to report it. This allows for more visibility to the QA Team and allows for more users to report whether they have experienced the issue or something similar.
    • Accusations you've made about employees - While I understand that you've been dealing with a lot recently (several of us at Maxis / EA are either part of the LGBTQ or have friends / family who are so what occurred in Orlando hit us just as hard) I can't excuse you making up ridiculous accusations against any member of the team. No one employed by EA or Maxis is targeting you, if things get removed from the gallery it is either due to one of the following: a high level of community reports made against the creation or there is an issue with the gallery not populating correctly. Neither of which is caused by an employee targeting anyone. We try our best to go into threads that we are tagged into to respond but there aren't a lot of hours in the day to do so with the work we already have on our plates daily--also please remember that the people who work here do have personal lives and do like to spend their evenings / weekends doing things not work related.

Additionally we do have QA people on the forums now who you can loop into threads about issues you are experiencing @SimGuruArvin @SimGuruNick @SimQARobo so that they can start attempting to reproduce it to get a fix in place.
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • SimGuruNickSimGuruNick Posts: 384 SimGuru (retired)
    We're aware of the issue with certain wallpapers going invisible, we're able to repro on our end as well. :smile:
    edited June 2016
    @SimGuruDrake and @SimGuruNick thank you for finally responding. I am also sorry if you or any of the other gurus and staff of Maxis have been offended by my words. However do understand, I have had a long history of things happening since I have been involved in the Sims community. I understand that neither of you are responsible for those things but I still find it hard to accept that everything has just been coincidental throughout all these incidents.

And of course, I also realize that many of the staff at Maxis and EA are members of the LGBT community, and as I explained to Zuckershock, I was not implying otherwise, only pointing out that the timing of things - which of course was indeed coincidental - made things worse for me personally as I have been greatly affected by what happened in Orlando, as I'm sure many of us are. I will say it affected my whole outlook on everything and brought me to a dark place in my own life. I apologized for letting it affect my response to the incidents happening here, which in hindsight, I shouldn't have.

I will tell you that I will follow the protocol that you have laid out in the future and hope to get a quicker response by doing so.

Again, thank you for responding to this email.
  • Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    Glad you got your answer, Fidlerten! Sounds like the issue has been resolved and we can move on. Can't wait to see more of your works if you chose to participate in the community. If not, then good luck with whatever it is you choose to pursue!
    5sXtTqH.png
    Thanks @Ash072 right now I'm in, and my latest is a unique restaurant called Pier Point, which you can find in my gallery.
  • PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    Just remember everyone is different and things like this can be very stressful for some of us. Especially if the person in
    question is already feeling depressed for some reason. Well, that's just my opinion and I am very happy you got your answer.
    Thank you @Manssom and you're right, it can be very stressful.