Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

spiral stairs

2...Next

Comments

• pixel_leeepixel_leee Posts: 234 Member
    edited June 2013
    We are getting a spiral staircase in the next patch and a ladder!!!

Deb :mrgreen:
  • ladybarefeetladybarefeet Posts: 35 Member
    edited June 2013
    I have SIMS generations but my spiral stairs arent there either. I've only had this game for two weeks and I've been dealing with bugs in the game ever since. My sim panels get mixed and dont change when I click different sim portraits and I have to reboot and everything.
  • imsocool34imsocool34 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Try getting some from http://www.thesimsresource.com/. They have a plenty of custom made stairs to suit your needs, all for free. You don't even need to have a certain expansion pack to get them to work. Just make sure you drag everything to C:\Users\Della\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads or else it won't work. And also, you have to install it on The Sims Launcher in the downloads tab as well to get it on the game. It is a very safe site, and I have tons of downloads from it, and it hasn't messed up my game and my computer yet!
  • sim850sim850 Posts: 1
    edited July 2014
    I am here to tell you that in some patch of eather pets or seasons they do give you one kind of spiral stairs and one ladder :) they heard all of your cries and answered!!!!!

for one thing I'm relieved!!!
  • Sims_for_lifeSims_for_life Posts: 195 Member
    I heard there is a mod for spiral staircases though...
    I am the champion, my friend
  • XLexisimsXXLexisimsX Posts: 44 Member
    The spiral stairs from the pack are useable now haha ...i know it's been 5 yrs tho XD
  • am606am606 Posts: 2 New Member
    I can't find the spiral stairs either
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    am606 wrote: »
    I can't find the spiral stairs either

They're under a tab above the regular staircase options.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    Also, just FYI, if you have Island Paradise, I find that spiral stairs anywhere lead to terrible lag and routing errors. Sims are constantly getting stuck on them, so I replace them with regular stairs or ladders. Maybe it's just me, maybe it's the particular floor plans in IP.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Hm, @Stdlr9 - I thought it was only if the spiral stairs were stacked one on top of another that they caused problems. Of course, it they are turned so that the footprint goes through a wall, fence, or even window; then, they can say something is in the way. Sometimes you have to tell them to "go here" or something in order for them to approach differently. Routing can sure be a strange thing to figure out at times!
  • AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    I don't use Generations, but I usually use the spiral stairs so I know they come with other eps. I can't tell you which ones though.