Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think of Malcolm Landgraab?

LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
13450812_615231248627174_364809187332389323_n.jpg?oh=e9018f6190c93498da134f6bbb6c9fd8&oe=57CD3BC3

In the current game save I'm playing Kaylynn was fired from her job with the Pleasants before she and Daniel got together, Mary-Sue made sure of that. Anyways after loosing her job, Don invited her to move in with him briefly, but she couldn't stay with him. It was because he ended up getting married to Nina (he got busted) and Cassandra ended up getting married to Darren. Anyways, as I mentioned, Kaylynn did get her own place pretty quick, and eventually met Malcolm Landgraab, and was eventually married. Her life time wish is to celebrate her golden anniversary. Anyways while playing Malcolm, his life time wish was to become the top of the criminal career, while using his business that he owns as cover for what he's doing behind the scenes.

This really is the first time I have really played him that much, normally he's just one of those sims walking through the neighborhood. But looking at him, he just looks the part of a guy who's hiding something. Him and Kaylynn are expecting their first child, but I'm not really sure how these two are going to faire, because when they attempt to talk, they just don't have that much in common, it's only when they are being romantic with each other.

What do you think of Malcolm? Do you think he is hiding something as well?

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

Malcolm is one of my favorite TS2 Sims. He's mean, he can be a great dad, he's a hard worker... I've always liked playing him. His kids always end up being hit with the ugly stick but they can pay to fix it- plus it should breed out in a generation or three. :lol:
  • SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    He's kind of creepy looking to me. Is he a regular or did you create him? I've never seen him in a neighborhood.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    He is a premade sim who lives in the shopping district called Bluewater Village.
  • LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    First time I played Malcolm, his aspiration was really low and he went outside with the cup in hand begging for money to any passer-by! :(
    I had played Fortune Sims before this but never experienced it, then I noticed there is a Sim who does this in the intro.
    Perhaps Malcolm killed off his parents to inherit the home and all their money?
  • DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    when I played Kaylynn her aspiration was the one with many children. Malcom's children look alright. His house is awkward, I thought.
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • taffy550taffy550 Posts: 666 Member
    I agree with DivinylsFan. His house is awkward, badly decorated. I usually have my sim marry him, never had children with him, and then kill him off in the swimming pool. That way sim gets his businesses. :D
    I Always have to fix EA's houses. XD

Aw... poor Malcolm. He's great Sim to play. :hugz MalcolmSim:
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited June 2016
    In my game Malcolm is not going to meet some horrible end, unless he causes it himself. Him and Kaylynn just had their first son, and I named him Geoffrey. I ended up adding another bedroom on the other side of the study.
  • chrstal27chrstal27 Posts: 75 Member
    I always made him gay.
    chrstal27 wrote: »
    I always made him gay.
    How do you do that?
    I thought it was random who a Sim was attracted to.
    chrstal27 wrote: »
    I always made him gay.
    How do you do that?
    I thought it was random who a Sim was attracted to.

Sims can be whichever you want. Have them flirt with whichever, or both, gender.
    @Rflong7
    All these years and I didn't know that! :(
    Before using scope room, your Sim has to flirt, thereafter it is obvious!
    I have never had a Sim that is attracted to both - I probably will now! :)
  • DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    it's whichever gender you have them flirt with first, and in my experience the premades are a clean slate when you first enter the house, so all's @chrstal27 has to do is make Malcom flirt with a male first off. It's my experience also that once you've done the first flirt, the sim won't try to flirt for the other gender unless you make them, and I THINK other sims won't try it to them either, it's like they have a straight/gay radar.
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
    Sims don't have Straight/Gay radars. They will be attracted to a Sim of their preference no matter the other Sims preference. :)
  • Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    You should download ACR if you don't have it, works really well for mixing things up, sims go and do romantic interactions on their own based on attraction level. You can set their preference to gay, straight, bi, it's a great mod.
  • aavemyrskyaavemyrsky Posts: 143 Member
    He's kind of creepy looking to me. Is he a regular or did you create him? I've never seen him in a neighborhood.

I don't like his looks either, he looks mean! :D I've never played with him but, thanks to this thread and your stories, I'm kind of inspired! @chrstal27 I think he could be gay too! Maybe I'll steal that idea from you 8)
    He's the founder of my ISBI challenge in my BaCC Pleasantview. :)

Malcolm%20Landgraab_zps8r3qx1op.png
  • GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    The perfectionist in me always hated how every child he has inherits the IV part of his last name. I'm sure there's a way to change it with SimPE, but I just avoided him. You can't all be the 4th gen!
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    To my knowledge, he is not hiding anything. He owns two businesses with one employee each in Bluewater Village,
  • chrstal27chrstal27 Posts: 75 Member
    it's whichever gender you have them flirt with first, and in my experience the premades are a clean slate when you first enter the house, so all's @chrstal27 has to do is make Malcom flirt with a male first off. It's my experience also that once you've done the first flirt, the sim won't try to flirt for the other gender unless you make them, and I THINK other sims won't try it to them either, it's like they have a straight/gay radar.

Yup! Love the attraction system in Sims 2 and the fact that they can have an actual orientation unlike in 3 where it's all random (and all the random strait lovebirds in 4..so annoying because not all my sims are straight). I wish they would bring something similar back. I used to sometimes edit their gender bias with Sim PE. The game actually keeps track of the number of interactions you make to determine how gay or straight they are.
  • SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    Interesting, because when I started off with the nanny and trying to get her friendly with the household so I could get her to move in, she was MASSIVELY attracted to the husband of the house and fell in love with him, but wound up ultimately falling in love with and marrying the maid (female) who moved in later on.
  • Crazy_SimsLoverCrazy_SimsLover Posts: 30 Member
    His face says hot while his expressions says evil lol.
  • kamra19610kamra19610 Posts: 461 Member
    I have always loved Malcolm. Yes his kids are ugly no matter the women he has them with. But once he did have twins with a townie boy/girl, who were cute. I have had him married to a grown up Ginger Newson, also to the women in the bin with the twin brother. Now she and Malcolm had the worse ugly kid. I always play him as a nice and thoughtful husband and father, though he does cheat sometimes but he is careful about it.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    When I was playing at the time I made him marry a cas sim of mine Bianca Turner well now Bianca Landgraab they had two children Malcolm V and Lexi.
  • Juliette_CappJuliette_Capp Posts: 50 Member
    I've never played any of the premade sims because I don't like the houses, and it's too much effort to fix them, but I love inviting Malcom over to spice up my gatherings!