Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    The sims game is literally about a sims life . In the earlier games, you can tell that what it was a bout .Even in the base games, it was about a sims life . Rather it was getting a job, improving skills, getting a career, going to parties,having a family, and making friends . The games a ll revolved around a sims life . Each of the things were fully fleshed out, and fit the theme. But than there is 4, even excluding family play . The game was definitely not flesh out, or finish. There seem to be a lot of missing corners of the sims lives . Some major, and some minor. It seems the four foundation is not the sims life . It seems to be about the party life, which is a small faraction of there life

I agree wholeheartedly and it makes me so sad...
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    @Voeille. I love the winter in TS3 (it was so well made) not so much irl because the winter is too long here. Middle of June and I'm freezing, whearing fleece to keep me warm lol, we have had around 10 degrees the last weeks and in the northern parts it's been snowing!
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Well, we just started summer here in the Mid Atlantic part of the Eastern US. Rained all last month. Not really crazy about it being in the 90's. I prefer 80's or below.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,321 Member
    I live in Missouri, we have basically weird weather . Some times it gets really cold, like the ones you have in fall. Right now we have regular summer waeather where its verry hot. Sometimes the weather is nice,Summer is my favorite season.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    My favourite mod I got for TS2 when I first learnt how to use mods was a mod to give kids summer holidays with seasons. I love that so much because in the UK kids spend a lot of time at home with their families and I loved being able to recreate that in the sims. I started a game with Brandi Broke and her family and it was fantastic to have Dustin be there to support her with his siblings instead of trying to juggle pregnancy and a toddler alone!
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,321 Member
    You know the one big critism I had with Sims 2 .Is the ages , and how short there lives were .I'm glad in 3 you get have any days for a life stage you want , or let them stop aging all together It made it easier teaching all them skills, and be able to have more time for them to do things you want . I mean it was just so short, how I would do the ages in Sims 2.
    Baby the same 3 days
    Toddler So 8 days To me a toddler is a 2- 3 year stage . So being four days is not enough, especially when you have nursery rhymes.
    Kids 2 weeks and half Being a week to me is to short . While teens age is double , it doesn't make since . Since we have more years in kid years . I guess because they give teens more days , because they could do more . Not that i'm complaining but I wish it was more even.
    Teens the same , or 3 weeks
    Adults 50 days . The problem is adults life are so short . I mean how can you do your skills, or have your life time wish.Also if you rasied a family , that is time consuming
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,622 Member
    I think I have overloaded on toddler complaints lol, my poor head hurts. I get pulled in to certain threads and cannot stop reading...

Back to work tomorrow (meh) after a lovely long week off. I have been re-starting my TS4 games, re-doing the hoods with new/edited Lots and I definitely need more time!!!!!! (maybe another week off ha ha). This is what I seem to spend most of my time doing these days when I load up any sims game. Re-doing hoods.

I hope we get some news soon. It would be nice even if we just had some news about the new kid stuff pack.
  • Options
    VoeilleVoeille Posts: 474 Member
    @Horrorgirl6
    I actually like the length of the life stages in TS2, babies can’t do much, so 3 days are more than enough, 4 days for toddlers are enough to teach them 4 toddler skills and a few points in normal skills (when my toddlers age up to children they usually have 4-5 points [1-2 per skill that is available to learn while using toys]), similarly to children and teens, my teens usually have a few scholarships due to high skill level, and they’re close to full lifetime aspiration when they age up to young adults. For adults I use life potions (I especially like the one I can make using a converted potion station from Castaway stories, it removes all the days that passed), and I don’t let them age up to elder and die. And I usually max up all the skills and career before they start a family, and usually also do something else, like travelling and/or running a business. In TS3 there are so many skills and other things to do that I never wanted my sims to have a family, I preferred all the exploring, adventures, collecting and so on, I especially like fully exploring all the WA tombs. And of course being a supernatural creature :) Also, given that the YA stage isn’t restricted to university my sims stay in that stage.
    “Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
    Pond & Sea Water Overhaul (TS2)
    Simblr (my TS2 CC)
    MTS Profile
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I think I have overloaded on toddler complaints lol, my poor head hurts. I get pulled in to certain threads and cannot stop reading...

Back to work tomorrow (meh) after a lovely long week off. I have been re-starting my TS4 games, re-doing the hoods with new/edited Lots and I definitely need more time!!!!!! (maybe another week off ha ha). This is what I seem to spend most of my time doing these days when I load up any sims game. Re-doing hoods.

I hope we get some news soon. It would be nice even if we just had some news about the new kid stuff pack.
    I know. It is getting tired and yes hard not to keep reading them. I admit I just ranted in one. :blush: I'm just sick of the name calling for wanting a feature or even better family play.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    No Sims announcements for this year's E3. Not surprised, mildly disappointed.
  • Options
    mizuru007 wrote: »
    No Sims announcements for this year's E3. Not surprised, mildly disappointed.
    I don't think they are attending it. SimGuruGraham was actually talking about how expensive setting those events are. So I don't think there will be a Sims event this year which is ok. I don't want to see a repeat of Gamescom.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I'm thinking we'll see another of those little teaser videos beginning of July. The forum will likely go absolutely crazy then. My guess would be the big release of info will be in August. Perhaps at Gamescom, if they are attending? They didn't attend E3 or EA Play, so I'm not even sure if they'll go to Gamescom. Is there any way to know?

The release of that teaser video will be quite the thing. All eyes will be on those 15 seconds, looking for clues that we might finally get what we've been asking for since the game was announced. We all might need to wear our flame 🐸🐸🐸🐸 suits to survive the forums. :p And yes, I'm being facetious. I would love it if EP3 will be Generations. But, I've been burned again and again, and I tend to be silly and sarcastic when trying to fight off the feelings of hopelessness.
  • Options
    crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member
    I'm thinking we'll see another of those little teaser videos beginning of July. The forum will likely go absolutely crazy then. My guess would be the big release of info will be in August. Perhaps at Gamescom, if they are attending? They didn't attend E3 or EA Play, so I'm not even sure if they'll go to Gamescom. Is there any way to know?

The release of that teaser video will be quite the thing. All eyes will be on those 15 seconds, looking for clues that we might finally get what we've been asking for since the game was announced. We all might need to wear our flame plum suits to survive the forums. :p And yes, I'm being facetious. I would love it if EP3 will be Generations. But, I've been burned again and again, and I tend to be silly and sarcastic when trying to fight off the feelings of hopelessness.

And Toddlers patch in as a free update.
  • Options
    Anyone else jokingly thought of Boo when they saw the tentacle under the bed? XD
    726a9f0770b1ec17589057acdd37ebcf.jpg
  • Options
    kphillips2977kphillips2977 Posts: 135 Member
    @Scobre I didn't...........but now I do XD What a cutie! My children use to watch Monster Inc. I can't count how many times I have seen that movie due to their love of that movie lol
    [img][/img]001701c.gif

• Options
    @Scobre I didn't...........but now I do XD What a cutie! My children use to watch Monster Inc. I can't count how many times I have seen that movie due to their love of that movie lol
    Yeah I love it too. I like a lot of Pixar films. There is just a nice family vibe to them. I'm still hoping Boo and Riley could be inspiration for Sims 4 toddlers if they ever come.
  • Options
    kphillips2977kphillips2977 Posts: 135 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Yeah I love it too. I like a lot of Pixar films. There is just a nice family vibe to them. I'm still hoping Boo and Riley could be inspiration for Sims 4 toddlers if they ever come.

That truly would be awesome! I am hoping for toddlers and trying to play a different way till they come. Today has been rather fun because me and my daughter have been having build wars on and off today. I made a little house so she made a bigger and it was back and forth but so fun!!
    [img][/img]001701c.gif

• Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

That truly would be awesome! I am hoping for toddlers and trying to play a different way till they come. Today has been rather fun because me and my daughter have been having build wars on and off today. I made a little house so she made a bigger and it was back and forth but so fun!!

Aww what a lovely idea <3

I love boo <3

I'm around but in the background. I've had enough this weekend. If you need me please pm. Thank you <3
  • Options
    Swjosdotschka2Swjosdotschka2 Posts: 110 Member
    Hey you all,

I am busy playing Sims 2 a lot these days. My first child of my Simself (after I started a new neighbourhood) just turned into a toddler and he is one of the cutest Simchilds out of my Simself I ever had. I would like to share pics of him, but can anyone tell me what the measurements of the pics have to be?
  • Options
    angl2005151angl2005151 Posts: 149 Member
    Hey you all,

I am busy playing Sims 2 a lot these days. My first child of my Simself (after I started a new neighbourhood) just turned into a toddler and he is one of the cutest Simchilds out of my Simself I ever had. I would like to share pics of him, but can anyone tell me what the measurements of the pics have to be?

I always upload them to Photobucket and paste them here. I believe they don't really look at the measurements :smile:
    Nicole's Sims Story's
    www.nicolesimsstories.weebly.com

• Options
    VoeilleVoeille Posts: 474 Member
    @simIrrevirre
    If you want to quote someone without using buttons you can type BBCode for quoting manually – [quote=person]quoted text[/quote], in this case it would be [quote=Scobre]her post[/quote], and this is the result:
    Scobre wrote:
    Well I have to agree that toddlers aren't the only family thing lacking in the Sims 4. They are just the tip of the iceberg. Babies are boring, children can't play, teens and elders look like clones of adults and young adults, and Sims couldn't care less what happens to their family members. Plus there is the bloody incest that occurs between family members because some relationships aren't recognized in the family tree. I mean there isn't even real romantic interactions between couples anymore. It looks like Sims have cooties with each other with how lame makeouts are on the couch and bed. Sims can't even cuddle with each other. :( Plus they look like ducks when kissing. So am I happy how family play has been treated in the Sims 4? No I'm not. It's an embarrassment especially for a franchise that has been around for 16 years and for an AAA game. I don't find Sims realistic or relatable. That's the thing about life simulation games, it is hard making it appear like real life. Right now the Sims 4 is not depicting real life for me or even an entertaining game yet. It is depicting a sitcom show which can be very annoying. I can honestly say in my opinion, the Sims 4 has the worst version of family play ever to hit the series. Sometimes I wish it could have been called the Sims Singles, but that seems to be the only lifestyle the Sims 4 is doing decently at. It is failing at the romantic and family aspects that should bring two or more Sims together with. That is why when you read most stories, people are playing with only one Sims because that is mainly the only type of gameplay the game allows. It is not built for more than one Sims play between the culling and the relationship culling and ghost culling and employee culling and the small hoods. The game just isn't built for growth. It is stunted to single Sim gameplay only. That is what I find the most sad..
    Note: don’t copy the example BBCode tags from my post, I used zero-width space to leave them unparsed.

And I also agree with those things that @Scobre said, it all seems about flirting and cheating instead of creating meaningful relationships, and I really don’t like that direction :( A sim should be a cheater only if I want them to be, the game shouldn’t decide on that instead of me. Basically all sims are cheaters by default – randomly generated romantic relations are game-breaking for me, and I had to mod them out.
    “Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
    Pond & Sea Water Overhaul (TS2)
    Simblr (my TS2 CC)
    MTS Profile
  • Options
    McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    I just read about this post on a news article on a gamer site and wanted to say well done to the OP.

This is one of three main reasons I haven't bought the Sims 4 and will not buy until it's fixed.

No generations/family play = no buy
    No story progression = no buy
    No open world = no buy

I've been playing the same Sims 3 game for over 2 years now, my original family's great, great, great, great, great, great (I think maybe a few more greats I forget) grandchildren are still living in the same house (albeit a lot of renovation/adding onto has been done over the generations and it's more of a mansion than a house now ;D)

So it's only EA losing on money out not me, I'm still happily playing The Sims with all the features I want.

I'll buy the Sims 4 when/if it matches the quality of Sims 3. If it never does then I'll never buy it and again I'm not losing out, EA is.
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
  • Options
    NoogsterNoogster Posts: 627 Member
    edited June 2016
    McTosh wrote: »
    and will not buy until it's fixed.

I don't know why you think TS4 is BROKEN, when it's a completely new game.
    It's just a sims without what you want. There is nothing to be fixed.
    I'll buy the Sims 4 when/if it matches the quality of Sims 3

Why would you want a game that is exactly the same? In every installment there has been something new in the game that previous games didn't have, or don't have. TS4 was programmed/developed completely different. There is no way it can match the quality of a game from 2009, because they have advanced their technology.

• Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    @scobre the thread was closed so I couldn't quote or respond to your post
    ----
    "Well I have to agree that toddlers aren't the only family thing lacking in the Sims 4. They are just the tip of the iceberg. Babies are boring, children can't play, teens and elders look like clones of adults and young adults, and Sims couldn't care less what happens to their family members. Plus there is the bloody incest that occurs between family members because some relationships aren't recognized in the family tree. I mean there isn't even real romantic interactions between couples anymore. It looks like Sims have cooties with each other with how lame makeouts are on the couch and bed. Sims can't even cuddle with each other. :( Plus they look like ducks when kissing. So am I happy how family play has been treated in the Sims 4? No I'm not. It's an embarrassment especially for a franchise that has been around for 16 years and for an AAA game. I don't find Sims realistic or relatable. That's the thing about life simulation games, it is hard making it appear like real life. Right now the Sims 4 is not depicting real life for me or even an entertaining game yet. It is depicting a sitcom show which can be very annoying. I can honestly say in my opinion, the Sims 4 has the worst version of family play ever to hit the series. Sometimes I wish it could have been called the Sims Singles, but that seems to be the only lifestyle the Sims 4 is doing decently at. It is failing at the romantic and family aspects that should bring two or more Sims together with. That is why when you read most stories, people are playing with only one Sims because that is mainly the only type of gameplay the game allows. It is not built for more than one Sims play between the culling and the relationship culling and ghost culling and employee culling and the small hoods. The game just isn't built for growth. It is stunted to single Sim gameplay only. That is what I find the most sad.."
    ----
    It sums up what I believe TS4 lacks when it comes to family play.

Amen, :)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top