Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No mention of The Sims (Sims 4) during the EA Press Conference that just happened today in LA....

Comments

• Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    The simple answer is because they have nothing in hand. I am 100% certain that Maxis is suffering from a shortage of staff. They are not meeting their deadlines and nothing seems to be ready.

With how things are going now I think this year there will be only one EP that might be released any time in Sept/Oct.

I'd love to know where they said that they aren't meeting deadlines. Maxis has hundreds of employees and not looking for many ATM. I think they're doing fine
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Is that Pescado I see there in green, near the middle?
  • revgrvrevgrv Posts: 225 Member
    Sims 4 is like, what? Two years old? Very few games have a life cycle this long, it was never going to get mentioned with the shiny and new.
    &PHgr;
  • uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
    Bugger
    *rips up his return flight ticket, extinguishes his torch and packs away his pitchfork*
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I really wanted to go to the EA Play in London, but when I found out Sims wasn't there I didn't bother.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Icy_Lava wrote: »
    @CK213 Isn't Sims their most successful game? I find that weird they treat it so badly.
    Used to be Stars Wars is the new child and they gotta keep Disney happy or else they lose license.

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited June 2016
    I don't think that they really care about the game anymore.

EA not showcasing it at a few games conventions doesn't mean they don't care about the game anymore. I mean, they must still care about the game otherwise they wouldn't be paying their employees to sit around and develop new content.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    edited June 2016
    Yeah, it's a bit confusing as to why they aren't promoting Sims4 as they should be. But, given their track record with the last two patches and the Dine Out pack, everyone on a dev team is probably scrambling to fix what they broke...again. If I were EA I wouldn't want to commit to saying anything about the game right now, either. I'd be too embarrassed. The fact they broke their own fixes isn't anything new, though. It's happened a lot over the years. But at least they let us know they were looking into the problem and working at getting it fixed. Now all we get is white noise. Love the game, dislike the people manning the head offices. One of them in particular is rather dismissive of the game and it's many fans. As if The Sims4 is something to be ashamed of. Not every game can become a series, or an instant hit with millions of copies flying off the shelves in a matter of months. Sometimes it takes going slow and steady for a number of years for that to happen. I think the Sims franchise has proven itself to be a winner. Now the dev teams and EA need to get behind the winner they created and stop all the double speak. Are they in this for the long haul or is this all we can expect from them? They take the income from the Sims franchise and put it into the development costs for something else. Little wonder everything released for Sims4 so far has failed to meet expectations. A new game pack that fails to do what it was advertised to do, will never be a winner. It's just frustrating watching them drag this game downhill.
  • DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited June 2016
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    Yeah, it's a bit confusing as to why they aren't promoting Sims4 as they should be. But, given their track record with the last two patches and the Dine Out pack, everyone on a dev team is probably scrambling to fix what they broke...again. If I were EA I wouldn't want to commit to saying anything about the game right now, either. I'd be too embarrassed. The fact they broke their own fixes isn't anything new, though. It's happened a lot over the years. But at least they let us know they were looking into the problem and working at getting it fixed. Now all we get is white noise. Love the game, dislike the people manning the head offices. One of them in particular is rather dismissive of the game and it's many fans. As if The Sims4 is something to be ashamed of. Not every game can become a series, or an instant hit with millions of copies flying off the shelves in a matter of months. Sometimes it takes going slow and steady for a number of years for that to happen. I think the Sims franchise has proven itself to be a winner. Now the dev teams and EA need to get behind the winner they created and stop all the double speak. Are they in this for the long haul or is this all we can expect from them? They take the income from the Sims franchise and put it into the development costs for something else. Little wonder everything released for Sims4 so far has failed to meet expectations. A new game pack that fails to do what it was advertised to do, will never be a winner. It's just frustrating watching them drag this game downhill.

With a game like this though it's kind of hard not to accidentally break something while other things are being updated. It also isn't new to TS4 because all of the other iterations of the game had the same problems where something old would break when something new was introduced and it isn't a problem just isolated to The Sims or even EA. Plenty of games these days release with bugs and some of those bugs are never fixed.

Don't get me wrong it'd be nice if they'd speak more with us more often but then at the same time why would they want to? Whenever a Guru posts here they just get the same response from people here. Too many people bite the hands that feed them and let's face it, if they did communicate more often about more things they'd be accused of spending more time talking to us and not enough time working on the "🐸🐸🐸🐸 poor" game.

I don't think they can really win at this point.
  • SimonSimpsonSimonSimpson Posts: 1,223 Member
    A lot of numbers get thrown around, sometimes carelessly. Here's a list with what they mean and where they come from.:

175M - Units of Sims from EA press release, Sep 2014. This must be all titles, all platforms. Just a guess, but I believe it includes offshoots such as The Urbz as they have included them by name in other Sims press releases.

11.24M - Copies of The Sims sold, according to Guinness 2016. I think this is base-game PC only.
    "Over 16M" - Copies of The Sims sold, according to EA press release, Feb 2005. I think this means base-game, all platforms.

"Over 6M PC, 13M all platforms" - Copies of Sims 2 sold. Sourcing is difficult, the quote is from a 2012 web article which quotes GameSpy which is a dead link. This implies base-game only.
    "Over 20M" - Units of Sims 2 from 2007 EA press release for Pets, this must include EPs and SPs, and I think all platforms.

7.72M - Copies of The Sims 3 sold, according to Guinness 2016. I think this is base-game PC only.

By Comparison:

54M - unique players engaged with EA Sports console titles during FY 2016. EA press release May 2016.
    14M - Units of Star Wars Battlefront sold in FY2016. EA press release May 2016.

$2,942M - Console revenue for FY 2016. EA earnings release May 2016.
    $814M - PC revenue for FY 2016. EA earnings release May 2016.

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    It's not like they don't promote the game at all - they do, just not at this event, maybe/maybe not at Gamescom. What would people have wanted them to do at the EA Play press conference? They seem to no longer be allowed to announce add-ons outside of the quarter they're being released. So they should have demonstrated an already released Game Pack for a two-year-old game? That would be really lame. And did people actually like the overly early announcement of GT at Gamescom, when they were way too early for a proper demo etc.? Pretty much a resounding NO. It's a two-year-old game, almost. I think its time at major annual industry events just might be naturally done.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • LogisitcsLogisitcs Posts: 1,156 Member
    How disappointing. If they think 15> second trailers every couple of months is going to rake in sales for their packs they are sorely mistaken!
    Whoever is behind these restrictions at EA is the one holding back The Sims 4
    edited June 2016
    In the past, I've noticed whenever they did go to big gaming events to show off/reveal new Sims games a lot of the audience acted snobbish/rude because in their eyes 'Sims isn't a real game' like GTA or FIFA is. They didn't get why horses were such a big deal, or snow in Sunset Valley. So I can understand why the Gurus prefer to keep it on a smaller scale and communicate with the fans directly.

Edit: Obviously the exception would be when a new base game is announced.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I think Gurus already mentioned that they wouldn't be there for the Sims 4. I don't know if there will be any conferences for the Sims 4 this year, which I'm ok with. I think they mentioned they wouldn't be at Gamescom either.

No they said E3 nothe Gamescom.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,377 Member
    I may be wrong but I thought sure I saw a tweet from SimGuruGraham awhile back saying Sims 4 wasn't going to be at E3 but was going to hold a standalone EA Play later. I have to go hunt that tweet down.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
    I suspect they ll show EP3 and reveal it with a trailer at Gamescom and release in September. EP3 however will probably be shown in the teaser trailer but it won't give away much..
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    I may be wrong but I thought sure I saw a tweet from SimGuruGraham awhile back saying Sims 4 wasn't going to be at E3 but was going to hold a standalone EA Play later. I have to go hunt that tweet down.

EA is not at E3 at all. EA Play is the replacement for any part of EA going to E3, and the EA press conference yesterday was part of EA Play. Sims is not at EA Play, but we were told that in advance.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    The vast majority of the audience who watches their EA Play conference has zero interest in The Sims. And you wonder why they didn't talk about The Sims?
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • FabooshFaboosh Posts: 160 Member
    Is "she who shall not be named" practicing her dance moves? Get your groove on,shows us what it's about! It was cringe worthy last time,but nobody puts "she who shall not be named" in a corner! I can't remember why they were dancing around just covering my eyes and saying No! Oh No! Bad idea! But I did watch it and I feel it's time for a comeback! Bring it on!
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2016
    bshag4lv wrote: »

They are not at E3 they are doing a stand alone - EA though, not Maxis. It was all EA games and the EA play started right after the Conference in both EA LA and EA London. The EA Play is still going on. There's even celebs there like Jamie Fox and Ian Somersworth are even playing EA Play. But no Sims. There's Star Wars, Titanfall 2, Mass Effect Andromedor, Battlefield, some Indie game I did not catch the name of - and more including Madden 17 and Fifa17, and a Hockey game and more - tons going on, just no Sims.

Andrew Wilson was presenting the LA one and Peter Moore is running the London one.

Nope - "she" was not there. LOL. Besides Andrew I saw Peter Moore as I mentioned, plus some of the Ceo's from EA's other studios like Dice, etc...

ETA - It was an amazing Conference - the videos blew me away - everything look so realistic - if you have not seen the conference I suggest you do - Man I would love to have the realism in all those games there and that amazing game engine in the Sims.... Of course I suspect that will never happen - but yes I really liked the conference even if I don't play most of those games. The visuals were great. Lots of my family though do play those games. Hubby is excited for some of them.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

I wish some of the gurus would have been at EA Play in London, I totally would have gone to see them. London is only a 2 hour train ride from my town. :cry:
    I think EP 3 will formally be announced in August at Gamescom and come out in September. I don't think we'll have the long wait after EP 3 is revealed like we did with Get Together. EP 3 is way overdue anyway. We haven't had an expansion since December. Were at 6 months now. I figure they'll get EP 3 out in September and Gamepack 4 will be out by December.
  • SimGamer15SimGamer15 Posts: 2,019 Member
    I think EP 3 will formally be announced in August at Gamescom and come out in September. I don't think we'll have the long wait after EP 3 is revealed like we did with Get Together. EP 3 is way overdue anyway. We haven't had an expansion since December. Were at 6 months now. I figure they'll get EP 3 out in September and Gamepack 4 will be out by December.

I can agree that the EP 3 is overdue!
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited June 2016
    elelunicy wrote: »
    The vast majority of the audience who watches their EA Play conference has zero interest in The Sims. And you wonder why they didn't talk about The Sims?

You have been away for long. I hope everything is OK.

Well, if they want sims audience to watch their conference they better start showing and talking about sims related stuff. The majority of audience have zero interest about sims because they are not showing anything about the sims. Why would I go or watch if there is nothing sims related?
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif