Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dark Screen When Playing TS3

I know lots of other people have had this problem but I'm a bit stumped. I'm playing The Sims 3 (with the latest update 1.69) on Windows 8.1 with "Run this game with compatibility" checked in case the game doesn't like 8.1. It runs beautifully but there is a problem where the whole screen darkens when playing this game. It's so annoying because daytime in my game looks like nighttime and nighttime is almost pitch black. It doesn't affect the way I play much except it's a bit dark. I'm not sure how to fix this, do I need to turn off compatibility mode (it's set to windows 7)? I'm worried my game won't work then, such as crashes and stuff and I don't want that.
Thanks.
P.S. I don't think I've always had this problem. I can't remember when it started. Also, I think the game is using my AMD card because I have high settings in my game.

Comments

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    You dont need to play in compatibility mode. Both my laptop and desktop run the game on 8.1 The game will also run on windows 10. What ever your problem is , its not a windows problem. What AMD card do you have ?

@chesterbigbird need AMD help thanks
  • PurpleNightOwlPurpleNightOwl Posts: 205 Member
    You dont need to play in compatibility mode. Both my laptop and desktop run the game on 8.1 The game will also run on windows 10. What ever your problem is , its not a windows problem. What AMD card do you have ?

My graphics card is an AMD Radeon R9 200 series card.
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member

My graphics card is an AMD Radeon R9 200 series card.

Which specific one. For example My sons friend has an r9 240 and that card will not run a lot of games well . For this game you need like an r9 270x or better to run all eps
  • PurpleNightOwlPurpleNightOwl Posts: 205 Member
    Quick update, I turned off compatibility mode and it seems to have done the trick. My game is so much brighter now, I can properly see what I'm doing and the game still works fine. Thanks!
  • SimmerForverSimmerForver Posts: 3 New Member
    Earlier today I was playing the sims 3 for like 5 mins until my laptop restarted and I forgot that it was schedule for upgrade to windows 10. After it was done upgrading I got back on to play the sims 3 again but my game seemed darker and was so slow. Before the upgrade it ran smoothly and perfect but now i dont know what happened. Please help me fix my game.