Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Not So Happy Play Thread & Neutral , No Bashing just your thought's

Comments

• BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    My latest discovery is that the interaction "Hook up with..." is really, excessively, powerful. I had one Sim tell his friend that she should "Hook up with" another Sim who lived in his house. She says she'll introduce herself to him. The next notification I get is that the two of them have gone out on a date -- even though his housemate is still in the room and hasn't left the house. And then they're boyfriend and girlfriend! I was hoping for a boost to friendship with maybe a romantic interest, but this was crazy. I'm surprised they didn't get married.

My problem is that when I play TS2, I really miss the look of TS4 Sims, and the ability to give them outfits that they'll change into themselves. And I miss being able to send them out into the neighborhood, even if it isn't a full open world.

But there are so many annoyances with TS4 -- my current Sim's great-grandparents are still alive, but they're not on her family tree and she could marry her great-grandfather if she wanted. Whenever I try to have two Sims become enemies, they keep wanting to have friendly interactions with the Sim who just insulted them and threw a drink in their face. And when they watch a movie it's 50-50 whether they'll laugh and cry at the appropriate places. I miss toddlers and I miss the full-blown personality they had as soon as they spun around.

I want to love the game, and I keep trying to create a playstyle that will enable me to do that. But I can't help remembering that with TS1, 2, and 3, I just...played.

Yup agreed, :)
    @Baenre - Let me know what helps? Someone else is bound to hit the same leftover-from-the-mod issue sometime.

Thank you for helping out, it is much appreciated, :)
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    START VENT-Today I played as my self created sim (Who is currently a teen/ just aged up teen) and my father who I made a version of. Now as soon as my sim became a teen I wanted her to get some cooking skills under her belt. And what happened 🐸🐸🐸🐸 me off to the point where I took off Autonomy for the selected sim. Every time I had her read a cookbook, she would do it for a few moments then cancel that action and go to the computer. She is a Bookworm and a Foodie. She NEVER grabs a book to read unless I make her. Its always the TV or COMPUTER in her fathers office. So I locked the office off to her and now all she does is watch TV!! This is really 🐸🐸🐸🐸 me off and it makes me want to sell the tv. For the Love of all good things she is not acting like shes suppose to. Personally, I loved learning how to cook as a teen! I would pick up a book over watching tv anytime! What are the points of having these traits if they don't follow through?! You would think a foodie would not only like to eat great food but learn how to cook it as well (I consider myself a foodie) and Well a bookworm speaks for itself and there nothing bookwormy about that sim. -VENT OVER-

Now how I feel about The Sims 4 in a nutshell:

I love the sims 4, however I feel like its a love/hate relationship. Very bittersweet. There are moments when I'm enjoying my gameplay but then I either get bored and wish there was more for my sims to do (Mainly Children and Teens) and wish for a better storyline over and over. I constantly find myself going back to the sims 3 just to have a storyline. Just to be able to give a description of personality in CAS. Just to have MORE. But then I go back to the sims 4 because of CAS lol. I'm trying to keep my faith and hope that there will be more content later that reflects what we all want for our game. what we all have been begging for. For one it will show that the Gurus are listening to its fan base as well as it would make more people want to buy the game jump on THe sims 4 bandwagon. Either way OP I'm glad you posed this. It was nice to vent. :*
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
    START VENT-Today I played as my self created sim (Who is currently a teen/ just aged up teen) and my father who I made a version of. Now as soon as my sim became a teen I wanted her to get some cooking skills under her belt. And what happened 🐸🐸🐸🐸 me off to the point where I took off Autonomy for the selected sim. Every time I had her read a cookbook, she would do it for a few moments then cancel that action and go to the computer. She is a Bookworm and a Foodie. She NEVER grabs a book to read unless I make her. Its always the TV or COMPUTER in her fathers office. So I locked the office off to her and now all she does is watch TV!! This is really 🐸🐸🐸🐸 me off and it makes me want to sell the tv. For the Love of all good things she is not acting like shes suppose to. Personally, I loved learning how to cook as a teen! I would pick up a book over watching tv anytime! What are the points of having these traits if they don't follow through?! You would think a foodie would not only like to eat great food but learn how to cook it as well (I consider myself a foodie) and Well a bookworm speaks for itself and there nothing bookwormy about that sim. -VENT OVER-

Now how I feel about The Sims 4 in a nutshell:

I love the sims 4, however I feel like its a love/hate relationship. Very bittersweet. There are moments when I'm enjoying my gameplay but then I either get bored and wish there was more for my sims to do (Mainly Children and Teens) and wish for a better storyline over and over. I constantly find myself going back to the sims 3 just to have a storyline. Just to be able to give a description of personality in CAS. Just to have MORE. But then I go back to the sims 4 because of CAS lol. I'm trying to keep my faith and hope that there will be more content later that reflects what we all want for our game. what we all have been begging for. For one it will show that the Gurus are listening to its fan base as well as it would make more people want to buy the game jump on THe sims 4 bandwagon. Either way OP I'm glad you posed this. It was nice to vent. :*

Sorry that the game is being a pest, I am wondering why they even bothered to add traits, since the Sim's do not act like they are suppose to, they really need to Fix a lot of things as far as how they act in the game, yup., thanks for posting.
    Sims 4 is one of the emptiest sim games so far. The game feels half finished, the packs all feel half done. There are wonderful graphics and an awesome CAS but so far the game is pretty flat. I do love the building system which keeps me entertained more than anything else but the lack of innovation and new ideas within build mode goes hand in hand with the lack of innovation and new ideas amongst the rest of the game. In short, there's hardly anything 'new' in this game aside from clubs. Previous games have the same things and did it better. I can't help but shake my head a bit at when anyone says we should be grateful for any packs. Why, when they don't correlate to each other and hardly add anything to gameplay? I've never had an expansion pack feel so empty! Plus as another simmer said, the packs are all stand alone and don't carry on into other ones.

For a sequel, this game feels like the franchise has gone backwards. More so do to with the lack of options almost everywhere! Whilst I admit the clothing, hair and general CAS choices are really good in this one, outside of CAS the options are very few. Few places to build lots, few build mode options, few buy mode options, few careers, few aspirations -oh gosh don't get me started on the aspirations, I literally put anything and then proceed to ignore it - and few traits that have little to no impact on your sim. I spend a lot of time in CAS and I create this whole sim and personality, the moment I zoom out and see them start moving I instantly know they are exactly the same as every other sim I have made. Any difference is because of my own imagination and stories I hold on to. The emotions and watered-down traits stop sims from having any individuality. You leave your sims alone for a bit (which by the way they will be PERFECTLY FINE without you) and they go on to do repeated actions that every sim does whether it's to do with their personality or not. Remember in TS3 and you could train your sim to do more of a certain behaviour and less of another one? That seems gone now.

The (awful) emotion system that they claimed would make our sims so "realistic" actually turned them into predictable caricatures. I feel like I could get more emotion and insight into thoughts/feelings with the moodlets in TS3 than I can in TS4. Now the moodlets do nothing but add on emotional buffs I tend to cheat to remove. Can they please not always feel happy?! I love when they are just 'fine'. And such a lack of negative emotions! I actually really enjoyed the "very sad" emotion state my sim was in after her husband died, I commend them on the detail of that emotion, though only half the family got that and the rest were non responsive to their father's death even when seeing it right there. Also, it was easy to get them out of the mood and quickly into inspired or something (I really loathe 'inspired' the most). I'd be happier if they did away with emotions.

I'll leave my post here for today. I do enjoy the game in some aspects, I'm just disappointed because they could be doing so much more!

Yup I agree, to Me My sims are just like the walking Dead, no feeling's what so ever, makes Me wonder if we just started out with Zombie's , instead of People, thank you for your post, :)
    Okay I was due for a rant and here it is, > I am not happy that We have to use 2 lot's for 1 sim ! , I mean really, there is not enough room in the world's as is , and in order to own a business and live in a home the Sim's have to use 2 lot's ? that is ridiculous!!, I wanted My Sim's to own a business and live on the lot as well, But if they do that then it can not be a business where costumer's show up, I am so not happy bout that, They need to make it so our Sim's can live on the property as well as run the business, that way they are NOT, taking up 2 lot's, GRRR.
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Okay I was due for a rant and here it is, > I am not happy that We have to use 2 lot's for 1 sim ! , I mean really, there is not enough room in the world's as is , and in order to own a business and live in a home the Sim's have to use 2 lot's ? that is ridiculous!!, I wanted My Sim's to own a business and live on the lot as well, But if they do that then it can not be a business where costumer's show up, I am so not happy bout that, They need to make it so our Sim's can live on the property as well as run the business, that way they are NOT, taking up 2 lot's, GRRR.

Reading this, I just had an idea. I usually do have my sims live on the lot where their store is, but that means there's a whole empty lot that's supposed to be their residence. But you can still do things with that lot. Turn it into a gym and bulldoze the other gyms except for one that you keep to fulfill that first requirement of the Bodybuilder aspiration. Fill it with the science equipment and make it the clubhouse for your science club. Turn it into the Wishing Well park. It won't really be a public place, but if you have Get Together, you could have your clubs meet there. If you don't have Get Together, invite everyone your sim knows to a goalless party when you go there.

Sorry to intrude on your rant -- I just had this idea. (Sigh -- too many ideas, not enough hours in the day.)

• Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    right now playing my current rotational game
    i moved my painter from the other save to this main one so he doesn't know anybody there but since he was at the museum & he met there very briefly another sim & seemingly had a rather unpleasant encounter so the relationship bar with the other sim went a little into red
    now from that little red, it must be 5 to 10 points only maybe he starts to wish to be mean to the other sim - completely senseless

he could wish for so many things in his life, his house is unfurnished, he doesn't know really anybody just the members of his painter club but the only thing interesting to him is to bug the other sim ?
    his traits are creative, noncommital & outgoing
    is this negative encounter for him now an invitation to a friendship ? why doesn't he wish for those sims he met in the painter club, those who share his passion for painting ?

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA

Reading this, I just had an idea. I usually do have my sims live on the lot where their store is, but that means there's a whole empty lot that's supposed to be their residence. But you can still do things with that lot. Turn it into a gym and bulldoze the other gyms except for one that you keep to fulfill that first requirement of the Bodybuilder aspiration. Fill it with the science equipment and make it the clubhouse for your science club. Turn it into the Wishing Well park. It won't really be a public place, but if you have Get Together, you could have your clubs meet there. If you don't have Get Together, invite everyone your sim knows to a goalless party when you go there.

Sorry to intrude on your rant -- I just had this idea. (Sigh -- too many ideas, not enough hours in the day.)

Sounds nice, But the game won't let My Sims Live where the Business is, I do not know why that is, If I put My Sim's on the same lot, then it can not be a business, I have no clue why they made the game like that,. I just know it is a waste to have 1 sim use up 2 lot's, but thank for info.
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    @BlueBlack007 your sims can live on a retail lot, it's just that they need a residential lot for the bills etc. On a retail lot you can build an apartment or house style living area and meet all their needs there, it's just that it has to stay as a 'retail lot type' for the business to function. Making use of the door locks you can make it so no other sims except your own has access to the living areas.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
    edited June 2016
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    @BlueBlack007 your sims can live on a retail lot, it's just that they need a residential lot for the bills etc. On a retail lot you can build an apartment or house style living area and meet all their needs there, it's just that it has to stay as a 'retail lot type' for the business to function. Making use of the door locks you can make it so no other sims except your own has access to the living areas.

ok so as long as it is on Retail, then I can free up that other Lot for another Sim family?
    PS, but if it is on Retail, I won't be able to hire other sims and such to work there right?
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    edited June 2016

ok so as long as it is on Retail, then I can free up that other Lot for another Sim family?
    PS, but if it is on Retail, I won't be able to hire other sims and such to work there right?

No, you can't free the other lot for another Sim family to live there. But you can make your residential lot -- the one you have to buy at the beginning -- a place where your sim can meet other sims to do things that your sim might otherwise do on community lots -- which you can then bulldoze to make more space. On your retail lot, you can build an apartment above your store or at the back, lock the door to household only, and pay bills from your telephone or a computer. Your sims will still go to their "residential" lot when they return from work and school, but you can just send them back to their store to eat, sleep, shower, etc.

Even if you're living on the retail lot, you can still hire other sims. At the moment, my sim who is managing a restaurant lives on the restaurant lot. She only has a tent, a cooler, and a shower because she can't afford more furniture, but as soon as she makes enough money, she'll build an addition. Her chef, waitress, and hostess all show up when she opens the restaurant and go away when she closes it.

ETA: Oh, by hiring, did you mean hiring a maid, a repairperson, etc.? I think you probably can. You would have to unlock the door for them, though. I'd advise closing your store while they're there. I hardly ever hire a maid so I'm not sure.

Anyway, sorry to go so far off topic.

No, you can't free the other lot for another Sim family to live there. But you can make your residential lot -- the one you have to buy at the beginning -- a place where your sim can meet other sims to do things that your sim might otherwise do on community lots -- which you can then bulldoze to make more space. On your retail lot, you can build an apartment above your store or at the back, lock the door to household only, and pay bills from your telephone or a computer. Your sims will still go to their "residential" lot when they return from work and school, but you can just send them back to their store to eat, sleep, shower, etc.

Even if you're living on the retail lot, you can still hire other sims. At the moment, my sim who is managing a restaurant lives on the restaurant lot. She only has a tent, a cooler, and a shower because she can't afford more furniture, but as soon as she makes enough money, she'll build an addition. Her chef, waitress, and hostess all show up when she opens the restaurant and go away when she closes it.

ETA: Oh, by hiring, did you mean hiring a maid, a repairperson, etc.? I think you probably can. You would have to unlock the door for them, though. I'd advise closing your store while they're there. I hardly ever hire a maid so I'm not sure.

Anyway, sorry to go so far off topic.

No problem, thanks for the advice, but I had tried to have My owner of the restaurant go there to own it But she had to move in with another sim in order to own it, cause all My lot's are full, I will have to try and move her to the restaurant at a later time, thank's.
  • DyingLightDyingLight Posts: 309 Member
    No, I'm not happy with the sims 4 right now. It's been almost 2 years since the sims 4 was released and I'm feeling nostalgic about the good ol' days of the sims 1-3. I discovered the sims via simcity 3000 (the disc had a sims trailer and the moment I saw it I wanted the game!) I miss the physical formats, the expectation of getting something good, spending hours playing the game. Somehow it's not the same with the sims 4. There are no surprises, no excitement. What they show you is what you're gonna get. I know times change, but I really miss the old days. :(
    DyingLight wrote: »
    No, I'm not happy with the sims 4 right now. It's been almost 2 years since the sims 4 was released and I'm feeling nostalgic about the good ol' days of the sims 1-3. I discovered the sims via simcity 3000 (the disc had a sims trailer and the moment I saw it I wanted the game!) I miss the physical formats, the expectation of getting something good, spending hours playing the game. Somehow it's not the same with the sims 4. There are no surprises, no excitement. What they show you is what you're gonna get. I know times change, but I really miss the old days. :(

You and Me both, I have to go back to Sims 2 and 3, just to relieve the stress from being on the Sims 4, I have to go back to see My Toddler's My cars, My Vampires, My Werewolves, oh the list goes on and on, :).
  • Scrab22Scrab22 Posts: 42 Member
    The game's features are more superficial and less deep.
    Emotions:
    Superficial - Sim's emotion pose in bottom-left screen. Shiny, with colorful colors, and with dynamic poses. Nice little whim objectives.
    Depth - More/less skill gain and more/less socializing chances, yet the differences are very small, and this feature is too simple and not interesting. Whim objective rewards are, again, stats gain (more money from selling, more skill at morning/night (also very hard to notice a differene), better plants...) and nothing interesting such as a huge trampoline, a "slave maker" machine, an automatic watering system, a triple bed... the list of creativity can go on and on - oh.. so that's what's missing. NOTHING EXTREME!
    We don't need to use our imagination to make the game interesting. The game ITSELF has to be interesting, with very interesting objects, objectives and socializing. Make the game feel like a world of chaos, both in happiness and total destruction (really, it's almost impossible to kill sims in this game)!
  • RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    edited June 2016
    I like the game but I am very disappointed with the lack of family play and not much to do

I have all of the packs so far and I try to find things for my sims to do but I still feel like something is missing

I kinda wish we had a University or Freetime pack sometime soon

Also why isn't fear an emotion in game ? We got some similar to it but it's not enough
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
    I wish to thank everyone for their Post's, I hope that this one is helping you all out , at least to feel a little better in the end, :)
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I think I'm just getting frustrated over the speculations and debates over toddlers. I want toddlers, but how the whole situation has been handled has been cruel. Maxis should take better care of their community. To let community members get divided to this extent is just low. I just want to know that there is an end in sight for them or not. I want to see the community not feel alienated anymore.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    Scobre wrote: »
    I think I'm just getting frustrated over the speculations and debates over toddlers. I want toddlers, but how the whole situation has been handled has been cruel. Maxis should take better care of their community. To let community members get divided to this extent is just low. I just want to know that there is an end in sight for them or not. I want to see the community not feel alienated anymore.

Yup I Agree, :)
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member

Yeah, it's making me a bit frustrated as there is a lot that I like about the game, but what it is lacking has me not playing.
    I am waiting to see if this game will have toddlers and pre-teens. I am no longer buying anything because I have no idea if where the game is going. I've made up my mind that I won't go any further with it with age stages as they are. So, I am just waiting to see what develops.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    CK213 wrote: »

Yeah, it's making me a bit frustrated as there is a lot that I like about the game, but what it is lacking has me not playing.
    I am waiting to see if this game will have toddlers and pre-teens. I am no longer buying anything because I have no idea if where the game is going. I've made up my mind that I won't go any further with it with age stages as they are. So, I am just waiting to see what develops.

Yes I agree, I should stop buying the pack's, but at the same time, the game is so lacking, that the only way to add anything, is to buy the pack's, I am wondering if EA & Maxis, made the game this way for a reason, cause without those packs I bought, the game would just stay the same and be empty, and that is probably what they were counting on, so We would buy the packs to add stuff, even though I am waiting for Goth Stuff from day 1.
    edited June 2016
    Okay, Last night was the first time I even tried to go to that new world of Sixam, I went there with My scientist to see what it was all about, When I got there I was blown away by all the awesome color's and all the stuff that could be dug up and harvested, My Sim met a few of the Alien's there, 1 of which stood out to Me, I wanted My sim to befriend that one which was a Male Alien named Ian, I got her to meet him and chat for awhile and such, But then she had to go to work so they tossed her over to the work place, then she ended up going back Home and not back to Sixam, I then noticed after she got home, that None of the Alien's she had met there was even in the list of people she meet's, I looked through them all, and they had vanished, I had her go back a few more time's last night to try and Find him again, But he was no where to be seen, I am so mad that they made it so the Alien's Vanish like that after you leave Sixam, they really need to Fix that problem, cause I wanted her to be in a relationship with him, that would of been so kool, I am not happy that I can not find him again, GRRR.
    P.S. Even after I saved the meeting's while on Sixam after that happen, when she goes home, they still go poof, So I am wondering if they made it so they do not Exist after your Sim meet's them, that would be horrible.
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    Yes I agree, I should stop buying the pack's, but at the same time, the game is so lacking, that the only way to add anything, is to buy the pack's, I am wondering if EA & Maxis, made the game this way for a reason, cause without those packs I bought, the game would just stay the same and be empty, and that is probably what they were counting on, so We would buy the packs to add stuff, even though I am waiting for Goth Stuff from day 1.

WHAT??? Sorry, I have zero sympathy for anyone who complains and complains about the game yet keeps buying everything EA shovels out. You have to vote with your wallet. When something new is released, wait for reviews and game play videos, then decide if it's worth buying. Buying every piece of plum only leads to more plum being produced. OF COURSE they made it that way, to get you to spend more money. If you hate it, STOP. Enough is enough!

Might as well be wearing a big sign on one's back that says, "Thank you sir, may I have another?," just asking to be slapped. Sheesh.