March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What art style do you want sims 5 to have poll.

167891012...Next

Comments

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Sonia016 wrote: »
    Something that isn't like the sims in 3. They were awful.

Exactly. Especially the clothing from TS3 were so badly done, if you run your game with high graphical you can see all those poor details.
    Zwerver_1262_zpspvtjvun5.png

"Hi, I'd like a different stylist please? The one I have leaves me with all those poor details. I'm thinking more in the direction of... I dunno.... plastic?"
    5JZ57S6.png
  • thesimsfairy47thesimsfairy47 Posts: 6,116 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Sonia016 wrote: »
    Something that isn't like the sims in 3. They were awful.

Exactly. Especially the clothing from TS3 were so badly done, if you run your game with high graphical you can see all those poor details.
    Zwerver_1262_zpspvtjvun5.png

"Hi, I'd like a different stylist please? The one I have leaves me with all those poor details. I'm thinking more in the direction of... I dunno.... plastic?"

Are you sure there isn't even a small amount of cc in that photo? :wink:
    Sims 5 artstyle poll Here
    monday-to-friday-workweek-graphic.jpg
  • TarruviTarruvi Posts: 1,227 Member
    i do not care about the arty style of the sims5 since i clearl;y do not went and have no plans on moving on to the sims5 witch is way to soon to think of right now

I'm with you on that. It is too soon. But, if there was an art style to choose. It would have to be somewhat like The Sims 4's.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2016
    I sort of like the way Sims Medieval clothing looks but love the way the towns in Sims 3 look better than Sims 4. Sims 4 needs to seriously focus on the greenery though as it looks like paper and not at all real. I sort of wish we could have the artistic style Star Wars has. I like games that look like I could just walk into it. I do not expect to see 2 dimensional trees and plants in the world I play - it takes away all that is likeable about the world otherwise.

Water also needs some work - as Sims 4 has jello looking water. The Castaways had some great looking water for an older game - but again styles like Star Wars, the witcher 3 - well I could really get into their world if they were in the Sims. Again is the factor it looks like I could walk right into those games.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Lovely_KristyLovely_Kristy Posts: 643 Member
    Sims 4 but with more detail. I havent owned any of the other sims games, but watching LPS and whatnot, the style of those ones dont really appeal to me.
    I love the maxis-match style, I also love realistic cc. Somewhere between is something I would like to see.
    giphy.gif

• Lovely_KristyLovely_Kristy Posts: 643 Member
    We're thinking of a Sims 5 already?

I say the same thing. Its crazy how alot already want a Sims 5, I wonder if there will be one.
    But I doubt itd be any time soon - especially considering theyre still creating content for TS4
    giphy.gif

I say the same thing. Its crazy how alot already want a Sims 5, I wonder if there will be one.
    But I doubt itd be any time soon - especially considering theyre still creating content for TS4

Plans have already been set in motion for the sims 5 :smiley::smiley::smiley:

OMG OMG OMG I'm DED

http://sims5game.com/
  • NoogsterNoogster Posts: 627 Member
    You didn't include Sims 2? :( I'd love TS5 to be a more proportionate Sims 2-esque style.
    Noogster wrote: »
    You didn't include Sims 2? :( I'd love TS5 to be a more proportionate Sims 2-esque style.
    Noogster wrote: »

@Noogster that's why there is an other button, I could only give 6 options plus the other button :)
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    If it was just for me, I would want a hybrid of realistic-anime, as seen in the sunjung manhwa The Bride of the Water God. I've always thought it looks like a cross of fashion sketches and anime.

Soah-and-Habaek-the-bride-of-the-water-god-28290649-608-776.jpg

Bride.Of.The.Water.God.full.962354.jpg

r25.10.jpg?v=1295502429

However, from a business standpoint, I know this would be foolish, because lots of people DON'T like this style and would be put off buying it. So my second choice would be similar to what it is now. I would not want ultra-realistic, because of the Uncanny Valley.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    I want Sims 5 to be like GTA 5
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

• AuzzPandaAuzzPanda Posts: 1,235 Member
    Ah for me, a realistic TSM-TS3 kind of thing. But more realistic, with gorgeous lighting and things like hair physics. Like The Witcher 3. Of course it sounds incredibly demanding :D
    23rif7.gif
  • kaynolzkaynolz Posts: 33 Member
    I want Sims 5 to be like GTA 5

YESSSSS THIS!!!!
  • pandaslayer08pandaslayer08 Posts: 23 Member
    Does anyone know if there's going to be a TS5? That would be really cool if there was :D
  • CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    More like TS3 but with improved skin, eye and hair textures and colors.
    I really don't want the low poly plastic playmobil TS4 world again. Even the prettiest textures can't hide the lack of details in meshes. The only thing from TS4 I'd be happy to have in TS5 would be random townies with unique facial features and body shapes.
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    I am surprised to see this thread back again but I'm guessing people are starting to think seriously about TS5. We are over two years into TS4. My original comment about art style still holds. Having seen other AAA games with avatars which look human it makes me wonder what the developers of TS 4 thought they were doing. I do not believe the low polycell count was to accommodate those with underpowered computers or to prevent us from developing Happy Valley syndrome. It strikes me as a money saving measure and I sincerely hope the budget for TS5 is much bigger.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • ari100ari100 Posts: 74 Member
    I don't like the sims 4 look really at all. I would prefer more realistic or in between cartoonish and realistic. However I don't care than much on the style. I care more about the detail and the gameplay. Any style is in no way a deal breaker for me.
  • trashpacatrashpaca Posts: 15 New Member
    Something that's a balance of the Sims 3 and Sims 4 style. I like the realness of the sims in 3, and the cartoon style in 4!