Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

'Family Play' isn't just toddlers

Comments

• the11thmoonthe11thmoon Posts: 249 Member
    I haven't been posting here long, but one thing I've noticed?
    A lot of people here feel like every post is ABOUT THEM.
    I don't even know any of you.
    This is about Maxis/EA, at the core.
  • kphillips2977kphillips2977 Posts: 135 Member
    @Scobre You do bring up some good points. I must confess that I agree with 99.9% of what you said. I was sad when I noticed their was no cuddling in bed. I have not played the Sim 2 much. However someone posted the sims 2 make out on a couch and I was thinking to myself, wow they didn't even have that in the Sims 3. That is why I can see the point of view from most people whom played the Sims 2 because there is a lot missing and even though I <3 the Sims 3 because it was my first Sims game, I cannot deny that it lacked those features as well.
    [img][/img]001701c.gif

• KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    I thought that this discussion was about family play and how that can be different with or without toddlers, not "we need an official statement about toddlers right now".
    I feel like we're slowly drifting to a place we really don't want to be.
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
    Anything about toddlers... will result back to this place, IMO.
    Elephant in the room.
  • NoogsterNoogster Posts: 627 Member
    @Kiwicantdie It's already there to be honest.
    Nobody is going to be happy with any direction, but that's just from my own experiences.
    The Sims community could be more vocal, IMO.
    Maxis gets away with a lot of stuff.

Vocal? Vocal should be the rightful url for this forum, to be honest. TheVocalSims.com :smiley:

Well, that makes it all the more disgraceful.
    You have a forum of people discussing an issue and STILL nothing is said about it?
    Yet, they expect us to continue to support their product?

The point is: I've noticed that you use "us" like all of us here are mad or feel the same about the toddler issue or the game itself.
    A LOT of players do really enjoy TS4 and will support the product even with toddler still missing, maybe waiting for them to make a happy return or maybe wishing they're never coming at all. We're all different and we all want different things, we play differently too. But this game still has a lot of supporters and satisfied or just contempt players.

When I say US I'm talking about the ones who want toddlers in the game.
    If you are not that person, it doesn't APPLY TO YOU. that goes without saying, IMO.

Untrue. You have to be specific, or your "us" is going to comprehend "me" too.
    KEBB11a.png
  • ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    mskube wrote: »
    @scobre very well said. I laughed so hard when I read the part about the ducks kissing.
    Well they do. XD I mean there isn't a gap anymore but sigh like Sims do the duck face selfie look when kissing. I just can't take it seriously. :lol:

To be honest, it's hard to take anyone in reality doing a duck face.

Small footnote: it's bad when I miss the U in duck repetitively and the autocorrect thinks nothing went wrong.
  • MorriSanMorriSan Posts: 412 Member

The part of the Sims community that is upset about absence of toddlers is vocal. But I hope you can understand that many of us enjoy the game as it is and don't necessarily feel that our a few-days-long life stage needed by other people than us in a video game is what we want to take a big stand on, where we want our energy to go.

I respect that.
    And I think anyone with some sense, should realize that a supporter of the toddler stage does not mean others can't enjoy the game. Or shouldn't be enjoying the game. No one wants Maxis to go down in flames. We may not get another Sims if they went out of business.

But for me, there is TRUTH, my truth, of the game not being family orientated. In the least.
    It plays like a social media, online, bachelor, type of gameplay.

I play families in 4. I enjoy them. I think that was the OP's point: "family play" isn't the same thing for everyone.

Several months ago there was a really interesting topic here in which people who are playing families in 4 described what "family play" means to them. It was a calm, rational, interesting discussion, and showed many different ways of interpreting "family play" and how Sims 4 meets that for some better than Sims 3, and vice versa.

Would you be so kind and point me towards that post? I think I know which one you are thinking of but just in case? And yes, that was what I wanted to point out, that family play has many faces and that I'm someone who considers myself a family player, just one who doesn't need toddlers.
    edited June 2016

Vocal? Vocal should be the rightful url for this forum, to be honest. TheVocalSims.com :smiley:

Well, that makes it all the more disgraceful.
    You have a forum of people discussing an issue and STILL nothing is said about it?
    Yet, they expect us to continue to support their product?

The point is: I've noticed that you use "us" like all of us here are mad or feel the same about the toddler issue or the game itself.
    A LOT of players do really enjoy TS4 and will support the product even with toddler still missing, maybe waiting for them to make a happy return or maybe wishing they're never coming at all. We're all different and we all want different things, we play differently too. But this game still has a lot of supporters and satisfied or just contempt players.

When I say US I'm talking about the ones who want toddlers in the game.
    If you are not that person, it doesn't APPLY TO YOU. that goes without saying, IMO.

Untrue. You have to be specific, or your "us" is going to comprehend "me" too.

Unless I quote you, it's not about you.

When you talk about people being happy with the game, I don't feel anything... cause you're not about talking ME, cause that's NOT my experience.

When I talk about people wanting toddlers, you shouldn't feel anything either... cause that's NOT your experience...

Just my view.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    @Scobre You do bring up some good points. I must confess that I agree with 99.9% of what you said. I was sad when I noticed their was no cuddling in bed. I have not played the Sim 2 much. However someone posted the sims 2 make out on a couch and I was thinking to myself, wow they didn't even have that in the Sims 3. That is why I can see the point of view from most people whom played the Sims 2 because there is a lot missing and even though I <3 the Sims 3 because it was my first Sims game, I cannot deny that it lacked those features as well.
    Yeah I still think the Sims 2 brought the best multiple Sims play to the table. Why it is still my favorite. The Sims 3 did bring a lot of Sims 2 interactions back, but honestly the family tree in that game was amazing. I liked the photo album too. I guess the explanation why family ties are rare in the Sims 4 is because of performance. SimGuruEugi said that and number of Sims was the main reason why loading times were so long in the Sims 3. Now I'm curious what that .1% is. XD
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    @Noogster it looked like a nice conversation to understand how players play and explore families in this game even without toddlers, but now it's looking like it might just go back to war, blackmail and incomprehension between "factions", and dispute about how "bad" this game is with the lack of toddlers and issues and yadda yadda, so I think I might just leave once again.
    This forum is really tiresome. Not the people in it, just the way that every conversation seems to go every. single. time.
    So... happy simming, everyone :blush: I hope you have a nice day, all of you!
    KEBB11a.png
    ENolan wrote: »

To be honest, it's hard to take anyone in reality doing a duck face.

Small footnote: it's bad when I miss the U in duck repetitively and the autocorrect thinks nothing went wrong.
    LOL true it is. It actually reminds me of this Austin Powers' pose.
    960.jpg

Yeah the curse of a mobile device is that autocorrect function.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • NoogsterNoogster Posts: 627 Member
    When I talk about people wanting toddlers, you shouldn't feel anything either... cause that's NOT your experience.

Okay, you need to cut it out. You have no right to dictate how someone should feel because of their experiences.

That's completely unfair. :/

• kphillips2977kphillips2977 Posts: 135 Member
    Yeah I still think the Sims 2 brought the best multiple Sims play to the table. Why it is still my favorite. The Sims 3 did bring a lot of Sims 2 interactions back, but honestly the family tree in that game was amazing. I liked the photo album too. I guess the explanation why family ties are rare in the Sims 4 is because of performance. SimGuruEugi said that and number of Sims was the main reason why loading times were so long in the Sims 3. Now I'm curious what that .1% is. XD

Well from what I seen it was actually 100% but after taking a statistics class I learned its best to never say 100% of anything XD.
    [img][/img]001701c.gif

Well from what I seen it was actually 100% but after taking a statistics class I learned its best to never say 100% of anything XD.
    That's smart advice then. Yeah very true and cool you took statistics too. It actually is a beneficial class.
    Noogster wrote: »
    When I talk about people wanting toddlers, you shouldn't feel anything either... cause that's NOT your experience.

Okay, you need to cut it out. You have no right to dictate how someone should feel because of their experiences.

And no one has any right to dictate who I should specify when I'm discussing MAXIS. I don't even know any of you to specify you.

"Us" is a term I'm using for those who want toddlers. Period.

It's not my fault someone will assume I'm talking about them.

You strike me as someone who wants to control others and how they feel on here.
    Not gonna happen.
    edited June 2016
    MorriSan wrote: »
    And every single one of this options would cause a commotion, just with different flavors of outrage. They can't win, and silence is the answer.
    Honestly I take any answer over the silence at this rate. I've seen more commotion over the speculations over toddlers more than anything. It is damaging to the community and I hold Maxis responsible for that. For allowing the community to get this bad and ignoring their customers for so long. It is like a sick twisted game they are playing to torture Simmers in the worst way possible and it just isn't working. They did this silence thing with SimCity and it isn't working for the Sims either.
    And every single one of this options would cause a commotion, just with different flavors of outrage. They can't win, and silence is the answer.
    Honestly I take any answer over the silence at this rate. I've seen more commotion over the speculations over toddlers more than anything. It is damaging to the community and I hold Maxis responsible for that. For allowing the community to get this bad and ignoring their customers for so long. It is like a sick twisted game they are playing to torture Simmers in the worst way possible and it just isn't working.

TRUTH

And no one has any right to dictate who I should specify when I'm discussing MAXIS. I don't even know any of you to specify you.

Not gonna happen.

Please calm down and don't escalate this to a verbal brawl. I am not very happy about the tone of your response and ask you kindly to please consider how you might hurt others with your words. I know many toddler fans and I think I can tell you without stretching myself that some of them wouldn't agree with your tactics.
    edited June 2016

Not gonna happen.

Please calm down and don't escalate this to a verbal brawl. I am not very happy about the tone of your response and ask you kindly to please consider how you might hurt others with your words. I know many toddler fans and I think I can tell you without stretching myself that some of them wouldn't agree with your tactics.

No one is brawling.
    I'm stating a fact.

And you can tell him/her to also restrain from silencing my comments.
    Thanks.
    There is actually a good thread here in which many Simmers find the babies dull and boring to play with so they age them up.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/890329/does-anyone-not-play-babies-in-the-sims-4/
    There is actually a good thread here in which many Simmers find the babies dull and boring to play with so they age them up.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/890329/does-anyone-not-play-babies-in-the-sims-4/

Thank you.
  • mskubemskube Posts: 483 Member
    @scobre very well said. I laughed so hard when I read the part about the ducks kissing.
    Well they do. XD I mean there isn't a gap anymore but sigh like Sims do the duck face selfie look when kissing. I just can't take it seriously. :lol:

I know I agree it just made me laugh. I'll have to check that I didn't know the gap is gone. I always thought it was funny to watch them kiss the air between them.

I know I agree it just made me laugh. I'll have to check that I didn't know the gap is gone. I always thought it was funny to watch them kiss the air between them.
    Yeah I still have a picture of that gap. XD
    02-16-15_10-33nbspPM_zps8bf059f8.png
  • mskubemskube Posts: 483 Member

Yeah I still have a picture of that gap. XD
    02-16-15_10-33nbspPM_zps8bf059f8.png

I didn't realize how far the distance is from each other.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top