Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The topic that will make you all want to kill me

2...Next

Comments

• DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    she misread what jules said, jules left off "if you" don't like it, "then" don't play it. olives thinks she said "I" don't like it and I don't play it.
    anyway, the OP also trolls Sims 3 forums .. and then shows pictures of his sim and his sim's friends jogging through a park, with flat blurry grass and flowers from kindergarten paintings
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    she misread what jules said, jules left off "if you" don't like it, "then" don't play it. olives thinks she said "I" don't like it and I don't play it.
    anyway, the OP also trolls Sims 3 forums .. and then shows pictures of his sim and his sim's friends jogging through a park, with flat blurry grass and flowers from kindergarten paintings

Lol. I was saying I love her and agree with what she was saying, then after I was responding to OP. No shade at anyone but OP.
  • SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    Again, sorry for the misunderstanding. It was *I* who misread Olive's post.
    @JULES1111
    Oh, OK. It just looked like she was scolding you.

@Olivesplum06
    Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I love how people from the other forums are free to come in here and make bashing threads, and the mods/admins don't stop them, but if someone goes into the Sims 3 or 4 forums and makes even the SLIGHTEST negative comment on the game, the thread either gets quashed, or moved here. Why is it OK for others to come in here and bash the game we all love, but no one is allowed to do the same to the other Sims games? Something is rotten in the State of Denmark, methinks.

it goes on in 3, it's 4 that doesn't allow it.
  • aavemyrskyaavemyrsky Posts: 143 Member
    edited June 2016
    Everyone has a right to express their opinion, and it's ofc totally ok that you don't like the game! But with the click-bait headline and ''there, I said it!''-rhetoric this does not really come off as a start for proper discussion but rather as attention-seeking. I'm sure you just wanted to share your opinion and did not mean it like that, but that's why people can get defensive about this.

To share my point of view: It's 2016, and I'm playing a 2004 game, and of course it is different than new games, but I like it for the same reasons I liked it when I was 12. I don't know if the younger generation, who were not there to experience the Sims 2 at its time, can appreciate it without the nostalgic aspect. For me that was why I enjoyed it at first, and now I've gone past that and continue playing it for other reasons besides nostalgia. Why I prefer the Sims 2 to the Sims 4: it has soul, it's storyline is deep and interesting, the characters have carefully thought backstories and their family trees go way back, every pre-made family lot has a history. When I play the sims 4, it feels very shallow: when my sim gets pregnant and has the baby, it's like it does not even matter, because she never really wished for it - she has a lifetime aspiration of attending a zillion parties (??) and her wishes are just ''whims'' that really have no meaning. With the Sims 2, I can lock wishes like ''get married to John'' or ''have 10 children'' or fear that someone dies, or divorces, and I can fulfill these wants or fears and make them miserable if I want a little challenge. Sure, the Sims 4 game looks good, and that's why the only thing I enjoy doing with it is building houses (even though compared to sims 3 it is boring as well, it has limited options, and you can't really be creative because the furniture, floors and walls all come in sets of styles, which you can't really mix, at least I can't without feeling like it looks silly)

The Sims 4 is shallow and soulless, nothing really matters, you can do anything. They put a lot of effort to the visual appeal, because that's all there really is to it.

@joleaco exactly! Argument on point!
  • SleepycatDSLSleepycatDSL Posts: 271 Member
    edited June 2016
    The OP is just a attention seeking troll.

I have to say though that a sim looking at you isn't creepy. Creepy is when (in TS3) you PAUSE the game and THEN the sim turns it head and looks at you.

I can't comment on 4 since I wouldn't touch it even if EA gave it out for free but IMO, 2 did it right when it comes to how sims look. I tried to love 3 but I couldn't stand the maggot babies (the mod that gives them legs makes them even scarier), the pumpkin headed toddlers (that all look alike) and the bobble-head teens (adult heads on teen bodies). I despised their lips/mouths.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,849 Member
    while we push away from the obvious troll, my opinion is that I'm a happy simmer in general I play with a story in my head always even if they were just one game instead of having any extra content I would still enjoy them. Each has their flaws, sims 2 mainly being easily corrupted, sims 3 having a large amount of bugs constant crashing and memory issues easy to meet now a days quite a few players need mods to keep it playable and it takes forever to unistall and reinstall if it gets so bad that that's the only fix. Sims 4 is full of bugs too however it gets a lot more updates and fixes to better show they care about the project. As far as sims go, they all have their own touch ts2 I think is the best for family game play, their autonomous actions not just what we can pick speak a lot more for them one of my favorite sims was very helpful aroud his parents house always tucking his little sisters into bed, when he got a girlfriend it was like they were just designed to be perfect together, his parents never fell out of love, and his sisters never fought they were a very close family taken by hood corruption that made them unplayable.

In ts3 well, there's plenty to do I suppose but for a lot it's hard to enjoy with the various problems the game has, now forever unless they had a reason to start updates again. One o my favorites was a story I didn't really plan, Gavin, which I forgot his name until it was mentioned lol, is a premade doctor that comes in the pets ep town, my sim met him since they were in the same field. I leave free will on and watched them closely to see how they interact and they were in that stage of I love you but I don't want it serious. Now three sons later I forgot they weren't married..or even dating always having those little wishes for one another and not being able to keep them apart most o the day when they were together and their sons were in bed. It was sweet, well that family was also killed when the freezing every few seconds with a crash after made them unplayable no matter what I did.

Then in sims 4 I've had a lot that I really liked, some that are used to either could have the opinion that there is nothing there and yes they don't have the same ts2 feel but there is something. I always leave autonomy on and watch them closely. My most recent family was supposed to be a legacy, I don't really do those but I wanted to, their emotions led to a long story, I took to "kidnapping" sims of others that were friendly on the forums to add to the game, my sim rushed into a marriage and she wasn't happy with tan in game sim, then I kidnapped Jordan and moved him in next door. At first he was resistant not knowing too much about her but they fell for eachother while she was still married, first she had his son, he met another kidnapped sim that was a realtor and got them set up with a house, story wise of course that's not in any fo the games I don't think the actual career I mean. The other sim, Jaques was supposed to be an idiot in my story and he was, he congratulated Jordan on the kid in a text message...heh. Anyways, there was fight and Jordan realized that her "brother" as he was supposed to think was still her husband I belive they were on their second kid. He kicked her out so I moved her to the "wilderness" chopped of most of her hair and took away all her mate, loading her house I saw her son who had always been a momma's boy around the lot just standing there like he might have seen her.

Moved her back in after a little reunion and he forgave her enough to have a couple more kids, moving on to the two oldest I paired them with sims I created a while ago with make overs. The son had no issue with the woman I chose for him, they were perfect without even trying but his sister had way more trouble trying to woo the hot and cold man I picked for her their whims mostly decided what would happen next, I lost them when my computer died horribly the one I have now is not impossible for the game ut I was spoiled by the no lag and crashes so I have to take a break.

Each sim in looks, matches their own game and I'm fond of multiple art styles so that always stands out for me, point is, there is enough pointless negativity, these are just games and everyone has a right to like or dislike whichever. No one should bash anyone for their favorite, that's childish and unneeded, but these threads get moved here because it's peaceful there are less people being bashing brats and in the ts4 and 3 section it's way more common for little fights to break out, the mods have to control it in some way. Let's just be respectful of one another's opinions instead of fighting.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    @RedDestiny92
    I like your story explanations. You put a lot of thought into your gameplay.

OK, I understand that the mods need to keep control somehow, but instead of bringing the chaos here, why not just lock the thread(s) or better yet... DELETE them so the chaos is better maintained!?

For those of you in the U.S. who remember the Rodney King incident... "Can't we all just get along?" lol
  • Eileen0001Eileen0001 Posts: 67 Member
    I love TS2, have been playing it for 8+ years, and no other game compares to it. It will forever be No.1 to me, regardless of how many other Sims games EA releases.
    Check out my stories: Cederville Heights (TS2) and The Delios Legacy (TS4)
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,849 Member
    @SataiDelennn I do try, makes it more fun no matter what I have to work with, when I was on the other sections more often I noticed that though were locked or removed the trolls were faster than them just refreshing the page would bring more, some not even hurtful but disgusting posts would be mixed with the normal ones then of course the mini fights for no reason. It seems like moving them then deleting them might be their best control. I can't be sure but the trolls here have even more time on their hands than trolls in other places it's ridiculous really.
    Even if we couldn't all get along, maybe those of us that aren't trolls can be extra flowery awesome, share more pics! :smile:
    @Eileen0001 well ts2 is pretty awesome :smiley:
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    edited June 2016
    here's a Sims 2 story, can't do this with 4:
    http://www.bobbiedivsworks.com/index.php/2016/06/13/willburke-graylands/

The thing about The Sims 4, is that it is marketed to and made for children and tweens. For the OP to have fallen hook line and sinker for that, indicates he does belong to one of those age groups. The build tools have been simplified so much that it doesn't take a clever person to build something great.
    Whereas, The Sims 2 and 3, were marketed and made for teens and adults, a mature audience. For the OP to dislike them so much indicates he does not belong to either of those age groups. The build tools are tricky, and it does take a a bit of a clever person, with a lot of effort, to build something great.
    Perhaps the OP's IQ has trouble handling these older versions.

The thing about The Sims 4, is that it is marketed to and made for children and tweens. For the OP to have fallen hook line and sinker for that, indicates he does belong to one of those age groups. The build tools have been simplified so much that it doesn't take a clever person to build something great.
    Whereas, The Sims 2 and 3, were marketed and made for teens and adults, a mature audience. For the OP to dislike them so much indicates he does not belong to either of those age groups. The build tools are tricky, and it does take a a bit of a clever person, with a lot of effort, to build something great.

And that's the problem with Millenials. They want everything handed to them. They don't want to work for anything. Everything should be easy. They have no social skills because they grew up "talking" through this "social media" 🐸🐸🐸🐸. And anything that takes a little work/effort in their eyes, "svcks." So, a game that takes a little thinking to get someone to do something is apparently too hard for them to comprehend. Whatever happened to pride in workmanship?
  • joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member

The thing about The Sims 4, is that it is marketed to and made for children and tweens. For the OP to have fallen hook line and sinker for that, indicates he does belong to one of those age groups.
    The build tools have been simplified so much that it doesn't take a clever person to build something great.

Re: Bolded part above. Oops, I am definitely way above those age groups :blush:, but I do love the Sims 2 & 4 and play both. (Not TS3 though.) The statements you make above make it seem like we need to be barely functioning to be able to enjoy TS4. I manage to get around ok and can still hold a fairly decent conversation, so I must be one of the lucky ones, ay?

People can dislike whatever they want, but I found the OP's post to be nonsensical, because the logic behind the argument was bad. However, it does not reflect on the intelligence of Sims 4 players as a whole, we aren't all kids and tweens or even teens. I really dislike TS3, but I'm still clever enough to play TS2.

Why the OP posts things like this is likely due to his age, boredom, need for attention, and he probably wants some "forum jail time" because it's "cool". These are the only things I can think of as being the reason for some of his threads lately.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
    edited June 2016
    and here is a Sims 2 video, can't do this with 4:

https://youtu.be/9mpInGx5oZ8

this music video will never be muted by you tube because I own the copyright to the song, because I wrote it, and I own the copyright to the sound recording, I also have a paper document from EA games giving me permission to use the video, hence the clause in the start credits which I was required to put there as a condition stated in the legal document.

@joleaco 4 does appear to be marketed to kids and tweens - have you seen the promotional video from before it came out, where the lady was addressing an auditorium of people, showing them video of the rocket etc? Listen to the way she is speaking to them. You'll see what I mean. Then there is the "My Sims" art style and gameplay too similar to "Sims Social", as well as the lame bedroom animations. I have played 4, the building tools are very simple to use, and the art style of all the objects makes it simple to match everything up. I am suggesting that because it is so easy to use, especially compared to 2 and 3, the OP's reasons might be because he finds the older versions too tricky, dismissing them as outdated.
    Post edited by DivinylsFan on
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    I went to think about this in depth and made a video reviewing all of sims games. All have some good and all have some bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW48J3fzZzo
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    The sims 2 is still my favourite of all four sims games. It always will be. And I like the sims 4, but the sims 2 wipes the floor with it. Of course all four games have bad points, heck no game is perfect but for me the sims 2 was the sims at its best. It had taken everything great from one, expanded upon it and made it unique and amazing.

By the time the sims 3 came out I admit I wasn't ready to move on, In fact I remember playing the sims 3for the first time thinking: "This is so easy" My sims took care of themselves, I missed the fact that if I say forgot to pause my game and went to the bathroom something would have happened in my absence in the sims 2. I hated the open world, I felt I couldn't play the game properly as the game was making decisions about sims I wasn't controlling that I didn't like. The sims 3 wasn't all bad but even now when I load it up I feel I can only have one sim household per world. It really doesnt suit my play style at all.

That's why I was relieved when 4 went back to its roots. I like it. It's my second favourite sims game but I'm not sure it will ever pass the sims 2.
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I'm not at all surprised to see who the author of the original post is
    /eyeroll

Everyone is entitled to give their opinions about their favourite and least favourite game in the series, but most people don't try to turn their opinions into click flame/troll - bait, which is apparently the only way the OP seems to know how to introduce a topic.

I personally think that despite its now whimsically dated art style, TS2 still owns the richest and most rewarding gameplay in the series. The sims themselves were really loveable, especially when directed to do something against their nature, and would turn to look at the camera and point at themselves as if to say "Who, ME? - Ugh."
    As much as I love TS3 for what it is, it still lacks the wonderful depth and richness, whimsical charm and humour of TS2.

As for TS4, well, it's nothing more than a shallow fakebook social network game of selfies, dudebro's and crude, unfunny toilet humour. Literally.

Pee like a champion? Angy poo anyone?
    Urgh.

Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Pary wrote: »
    I'm not at all surprised to see who the author of the original post is
    /eyeroll

Everyone is entitled to give their opinions about their favourite and least favourite game in the series, but most people don't try to turn their opinions into click flame/troll - bait, which is apparently the only way the OP seems to know how to introduce a topic.

I personally think that despite its now whimsically dated art style, TS2 still owns the richest and most rewarding gameplay in the series. The sims themselves were really loveable, especially when directed to do something against their nature, and would turn to look at the camera and point at themselves as if to say "Who, ME? - Ugh."
    As much as I love TS3 for what it is, it still lacks the wonderful depth and richness, whimsical charm and humour of TS2.

As for TS4, well, it's nothing more than a shallow fakebook social network game of selfies, dudebro's and crude, unfunny toilet humour. Literally.

Pee like a champion? Angy poo anyone?
    Urgh.

I love this. :+1:
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,185 Member
    I really don't understand the pint of this thread ? The Sims 2 is dated , well due to the fact the game came out in 2004 . Acourse some things is dated, but they are still enjoyaable. Take books and movies. I read , and watched them a lot . Some them are classics like Carrie, or The Christmas Carl. Does that make them bad acoyusre not, there still enjoyed by people in this day an age. So to me Sims 2 is still enjoyably game, I like it better than Sims 4
  • fionaloveserranofionaloveserrano Posts: 584 Member
    since I was way way too young to play TS2 when it came out I bought the base game and most of the expansions and 3 stuff packs because I think TS2 is really cool and looks fun to play! I used to really really hate TS4 but I realized every sims game has it's strength and weaknesses. So TS4 is really the lacking on the base game, no color wheel or toddlers, having to unlock certain things, and no open world. Sims 3 was there were too many expansions and the game glitched (not so much for me but for others), and I haven't played sims 2 to really know but it'll have it's weaknesses.
  • Crazy_SimsLoverCrazy_SimsLover Posts: 30 Member
    SimFan298, you make me feel sick.
  • ForeverFearless7ForeverFearless7 Posts: 8 New Member
    I agree with many people's comments that whatever your opinion, it's irrelevant. For anyone to even even be a part of the community they must like at least one of the games in the franchise. Personally, I still love the sims 2 and think that it's extremely modern for the time that it was produced. I find the sims 4 really difficult to play, which I find really sad because I've played the sims since the sims 1, but am I going to keep whinging about it? no. because yes there are many things about it I would like to change but none of them are without fault. The sim creation for example is fantastic in the sims 4! I just don't think it is worth the argument. everyone's opinion on their favourite/ least favourite is going to differ, so why can't people just play what they like and stop trying to compare them. They are all part of the franchise and I think that should be celebrated not criticized. plus, we wouldn't have the modern aspects of the later games if the sims 2 didn't exist.
  • DiamondkoolDiamondkool Posts: 4,481 Member
    SimFan298 wrote: »
    I find The Sims 2 very outdated.

Nice one!
    7ef6931fe80152dcec309a30cbe73f13.png
    Click on my signature to access my tumblr blog!