Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cool Kitchen being ripped to shreds in LGR Comments

To those who like Cool Kitchen Stuff.. you're in the extreme minority, because it's being torn apart in the comments section of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD2xzH1fc7g

(To view comments, watch this on the actual site.)
Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]

Comments

• kanivarakanivara Posts: 41 Member
    I'd honestly like less "stuff" and more gameplay, but I'm probably in the minority -there- too!
  • Eddie SimsEddie Sims Posts: 121 Member
    kanivara wrote: »
    I'd honestly like less "stuff" and more gameplay, but I'm probably in the minority -there- too!

I guess that's why they call it "stuff packs". LOL. But I agree with you when it comes to the game packs. I feel like the game packs offer a lot more new stuff than new gameplay options. I feel like the producers behind the Sims should have player based focus groups because it doesn't seem like they really try to be insightful when it comes to designing these new EPs, GPs, and SPs. A lot of the time it's like don't really try to make the content of packs truly reflective of the theme and well developed. For instance, you have a GP called Outdoor Enthusiast and yet you introduce 'natural pools' in Get Together EP? Or you have retail stores in Get To Work which allow you to sell baked goods and food but only offer functional restaurants in the new Dine Out GP? I understand we can't have everything all at once but still. It's like they're in such a rush to develop and get these packs out that they're not thinking cohesively.
    The Sloane Legacy |Eddie's Sims World | Origin ID: EddieSims4 | Twitter: _EddieSims | Follow me on YouTube

gen1-7-resized-2.jpg
  • ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Eddie Sims wrote: »

I guess that's why they call it "stuff packs". LOL. But I agree with you when it comes to the game packs. I feel like the game packs offer a lot more new stuff than new gameplay options. I feel like the producers behind the Sims should have player based focus groups because it doesn't seem like they really try to be insightful when it comes to designing these new EPs, GPs, and SPs. A lot of the time it's like don't really try to make the content of packs truly reflective of the theme and well developed. For instance, you have a GP called Outdoor Enthusiast and yet you introduce 'natural pools' in Get Together EP? Or you have retail stores in Get To Work which allow you to sell baked goods and food but only offer functional restaurants in the new Dine Out GP? I understand we can't have everything all at once but still. It's like they're in such a rush to develop and get these packs out that they're not thinking cohesively.

They took their time with Dine Out GP though, so you can´t claim they rushed this pack.
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    So.... (shrug). It's a stuff pack and it wasn't my favorite at first but honestly I use it ALL THE TIME. In the end it was pretty versatile and it gave some needed variation. Frankly right now I'd pay ten dollars for a pack that was just called BEDS! That's it, just beds. Stuff packs are just to offer more choices in clothes and furniture with maybe a game play item or two thrown in. That's it.
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Why does it matter? If you like it then why would you pay attention to those comments?
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    ...............Anyways the problem with Cool Kitchen was it wasn't much of a kitchen pack but a CAS pack. When you here Cool Kitchen you think something that will expand the kitchen not just give you some good hairstyles and little to no kitchen content and some ugly ones at that. I'm still waiting for Groovy Bathroom Stuff Pack (that contains more shoes than bathroom related content). :D
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member

I agree and I prefer to download cc anyways so I haven't bought any stuff packs.
  • BIHEMUIBIHEMUI Posts: 4 New Member
    Same, here!
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I loved Cool Kitchen, and I don't give a plum if I'm in the minority. The CAS items were great, and I use a lot of the kitchen items in my modern builds.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    It's a Youtube comments section.
    Of course it's full of people talking sass about each other's fat, promiscuous mothers.

What did you expect?
    wJbomAo.png
  • m11kjm11kj Posts: 410 Member
    ^^^ agreed. I like cool kitchen as well (well, i like all the packs i bought otherwise i wouldn't buy them). and interesting enough i like the "stuffs" in it not the cas parts.

W79XhDj.png
  • Arkster93Arkster93 Posts: 154 Member
    Cool Kitchen Stuff & Spooky Stuff are the stuff packs I haven't got because they simply don't appeal to me. There's what? Only 1 type of counter in Cool Kitchen Stuff? 50% of the stuff is CAS items. Honestly this seems like a lazy pack, they didn't even add a new animation for licking the ice cream, they just bite into it. Meh.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I just like using the CAS, and I love CAS items, so it's all good for me. :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member
    It never looked good to me anyways
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Eddie Sims wrote: »

I think they should combine Grahams' team with the GP team and forget stuff packs and produce many more GPs and with lots more content in them. That works for me.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I don't see anything outrageous in the comments :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • CreoleSimCreoleSim Posts: 334 Member
    I honestly haven't seen it as a priority ( I was actually waiting til my Sim has kids, which I ALSO want the Toddler experience, but how long will that take? and I hate the shape of the cones sooooo much. I prefer more of a waffle cone myself, it's classic, and it screams "Ice cream"). PLUS I did my research and there ain't JACK in this pack, sure we have a million ice cream toppings, but what about new recipes, actual stylish clothing, More normal kitchen stuff, this was the chance for blenders, juicers, etc. It was a huge wasted opportunity.

I'm only contemplating it now because of The restaurants. Plus it's not like we can do an ice cream parlor (Which would have been a HUGE opportunity for Dine Out, All we really need is a functional ice cream tub display. So I'm deciding.....Still trying to hold off on the kids too. My Sim prefers the wine, so we'll be good.
    8zjsc9.png
    Origin@ Simday1
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    edited May 2016
    I love Cool Kitchen, just because there are some people 'ripping it to shreds' in a comment section doesn't prove I'm in a minority. Considering the video about the Stuff Pack is negative towards it, it doesn't surprise me that the comments also express similar negative opinions towards the pack on that specific comment section. Even if I really am in the minority, I honestly couldn't care less, I love the Stuff Pack, what does it matter if other people don't?
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • cookiesimmerrrcookiesimmerrr Posts: 159 Member
    These comments don't bother me, despite being a Cool Kitchen fan (but heck, I've enjoyed every stuff pack so far!). However, I find them interesting to read because with LGR's videos, which I love, there are plenty of people with insightful POVs on The Sims 4. You all should check them out, as well as the rest of the videos on the Lazy Game Reviews channel!
  • xSpoiledxxSpoiledx Posts: 228 Member
    I just picked it up today and I love it! Not my #1 fave, but I'm very glad I picked it up. I especially love the pre-built kitchen. Glad I didn't listen to the naysayers.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Adding stuff packs is about more than just adding new stuff. Many cc creators specialize in recoloring existing game object meshes. And since I love having many choices in colors, I buy the stuff packs to have a better selection when building Sim homes. And I was amused by LGR's review. He truly disliked that pack. LOL
  • GeekeryGeekery Posts: 46 Member
    I love this gamer -- I watch his reviews all the time. He's the only reason I've bought certain packs for the Sims 3 as well as the Sims 4 -- even packs he doesn't like, I love listening to because I can see a lot of his point of views very clearly. I just bought Cool Kitchen with a 30 percent off for Memorial Day weekend. I did it because I really wanted the ice cream machine... but I was disappointed, knowingly of course, that there was a lack of kitchen furniture, items, and other things (maybe more cooking options would be great. There are a lot already, but I LOVE cooking in the sims).
    [Fan since The Sims]

• peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    I avoided this for the longest time, but when EA recently had a 30% off sale on origin, I finally picked it up along with another game. I figured the ice cream could be used in restaurants when dine out is released today. Furthermore, it would give my sims another treat to eat while watching movies.
    True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member
    the commenters are just concerned about ralph's Health ;)
  • allisoneg02allisoneg02 Posts: 2,870 Member
    I was excited for Cool Kitchen because kitchens are honestly my favorite room to decorate and my sims spend a lot of time in there ;) BUT that said I was pretty disappointing with the lack of stuff. One new counter option? Pfft.. I was expecting at least 3. I DO like the decorative objects we got and ice cream is better than the sims 3, lot's of options anyway, but it still felt empty in comparison to some of the stuff packs we got.
    - Check out my youtube channel and my sims 4 legacy on tumblr-
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy