Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Answers for Dine Out "Food Never Served" issues - fix for Shimuzu (and others)

Comments

• SkewedReality04SkewedReality04 Posts: 1,450 Member
    I thought it was just me and the restaurants I was downloading from the gallery. Everyone around me was getting served, and Bob and Eliza got zilch. I thought maybe it was the table they were at but literally nothing was blocking their way, so 8 hours later I just gave up and sent them home hungry.
  • ShadyLady_DQShadyLady_DQ Posts: 476 Member
    edited June 2016
    Wow I am glad to know that I am not the only one having this issue! I'm so sorry for everyone else who is also experiencing this problem!

Unfortunately this makes the game pack pretty much unplayable for me, since I have zero interest in managing a restaurant and all I want is to eat out with my families, go on dates and generally use the restaurants as guests.

I am going to tag a few gurus with the hope that they have some ideas on what is causing these problems for us!

@SimGuruNinja @SimGuruHolms @SimGuruMegs @SimGuruGrant

Edited for spelling
  • SimGuruMegsSimGuruMegs Posts: 242 SimGuru
    Tagging our Live QA team @SimGuruArvin and @SimGuruNick to look into this issue.

Just checking, do any of you play with mods?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I hope this gets fixed quickly.
    Tagging our Live QA team @SimGuruArvin and @SimGuruNick to look into this issue.

100% Vanilla game from the beginning. No mods or CC at all.
  • SkewedReality04SkewedReality04 Posts: 1,450 Member

I play with mods, when I get a moment today I'm going to remove them and see if it makes a difference. I will report back later.
  • rudolpharudolpha Posts: 995 Member
    No mods and and 9 restaurants I've used so far were good (on one I had to move the host podium a bit), but Shimuzu does not work for me as far as the chefs producing food.
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Just bought the game. Added one restaurant by Maxis, the LeBlanc. (LaBlanc?) Took my family there. After nine or so hours of no food served, sent them home.
    Great first time experience with a new pack... themed to be restaurants. SIGH.
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    I am strongly suspecting chef skill instead of seating or object placement. @blewis823 do you know if you can change chef skill in build/buy also? Grr I wish I was home and able to hop into game lol.

I have McCommand center in my game and it's easy to change skills of townies using the cheats module. I'm kind of busy now but hope to get in my game later and see about the seating. If that is a problem, I will remove it. I will let you know.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.

I play with lots of mods and the ones I do have are updated to the latest patch. I've found success in playing unplayable restaurants by moving the furnishing around or making sure they are snapped to grid.
  • bouquetcatcherbouquetcatcher Posts: 1,355 Member
    I usually play with mods, but I have not since installing DO. In fact, I completely repaired and reset the game, fresh new save.
    16975504789_dfde933ce1_o.jpg
    So Crin says in the Answers HQ thread that chef skill should not affect this, the food would just be poorly made, but they can make it. Dunno if the speed of making would still be the same.

HOWEVER! Interesting note: there is a new version of Shimuzu up, the one I downloaded was created 6/9 and says it had of over 9k downloads, the one in the Gallery now says 6/10 (today) and has about 600 downloads.... Did they fix something? I'll have to try it out.

REJOICE! I think I have figured out the issue! The issue I have discovered when I visit various restaurants that I built or that were created by Maxis revolve around the "I Dream of Sous" Chef Station, which is NOT the one with the window opening in the wall.

This station uses the area to the right to place the finished dishes for the waiters to pick up for the tables, however if that area is blocked NO ONE will receive any food. This is the issue with the Shimuzu restaurant. Please refer to the photos below to see examples.

sST6Qm4.jpg

How to fix Shimuzu: First pick up both chef stations and make sure they are "clicked" to the grid per a suggestion from @blewis823 , then follow the photo directions.

7M4Kft3.jpg
    Good point and research @ShadyLady_DQ. Thank you and I will fiddle around with the restaurant to see if I can work the chef stations around, keep them both. Good job!
  • SimGuruArvinSimGuruArvin Posts: 16 SimGuru
    @ShadyLady_DQ Great job figuring this out!

That is exactly what was going on with that lot. The Shimuzu restaurant was re-uploaded earlier today to correct the issue with the decor being in the way. The underlying issue was that the shelf was blocking the serving slots on the chef station, making it impossible for the food to be delivered. It would only get delivered occasionally because of the other chef station.

It's a good thing to keep in mind when building restaurants, especially if ALT or the MOO cheat are used. :)
    edited June 2016
    I also realized I do need the fridge and microwave if the menu call for items that use them. Like ice cream and microwave dinners.

@ShadyLady_DQ I used your photos to make a post on my blog. It's on tumblr. I hope you don't mind. My tumblr is http://blewis50.tumblr.com/.
    edited June 2016
    @ShadyLady_DQ YOU ARE A FREAKING GENIUS!!!! Everyone give her an Awesome! I deleted the shelf and it worked fine. I did not have to move the fish tank forward for mine, but it doesn't hurt. I had noticed that the only food came from the other station.

I would like to note: the newer version Maxis put up today still didn't work for me. The shelf looked higher, and the chef did put the plate up, but the waiter didn't pick it up until I deleted the shelf again. Now, I noticed he also had to pee :D so maybe there was just a delay with the npc, not the shelf. I wish Maxis had made a note in the new version on what it was all about.

Anyway, yay for a bug solved!

@SimGuruMeg @SimGuruArvin @SimGuruNick thank you and thank whoever uploaded the fixed Shimuzu.

Edited because I can't type, and the forum is following my cursor around with the smilies menu...
    @ShadyLady_DQ YOU ARE A FREAKING GENIUS!!!! Everyone give her an Awesome! I deleted the shelf and it worked fine. I did not have to move the fish tank forward for mine, but it doesn't hurt. I had noticed that the only food came from the other station.

I would like to note: the newer version Maxis put up today still didn't work for me. The shelf looked higher, and the chef did put the plate up, but the waiter didn't pick it up until I deleted the shelf again. Now, I noticed he also had to pee :D so maybe there was just a delay with the npc, not the shelf. I wish Maxis had made a note in the new version on what it was all about.

Anyway, yay for a bug solved!.

@SimGuruMegs;14904217 @SimGuruArvin @SimGuruNick thank you and thank whoever uploaded the fixed Shimuzu.

Thanks for the kind words! I think your right that moving the fish tank is over kill, but I wanted to make sure they could access the second station's pick up area.
    blewis823 wrote: »
    I also realized I do need the fridge and microwave if the menu call for items that use them. Like ice cream and microwave dinners.

@ShadyLady_DQ I used your photos to make a post on my blog. It's on tumblr. I hope you don't mind. My tumblr is http://blewis50.tumblr.com/.

Thats totally fine! I want everyone to be able to fix this issue!
    @ShadyLady_DQ Great job figuring this out!

That is exactly what was going on with that lot. The Shimuzu restaurant was re-uploaded earlier today to correct the issue with the decor being in the way. The underlying issue was that the shelf was blocking the serving slots on the chef station, making it impossible for the food to be delivered. It would only get delivered occasionally because of the other chef station.

It's a good thing to keep in mind when building restaurants, especially if ALT or the MOO cheat are used. :)

Any chance that can be fixed so we can put the shelves above it without it blocking?
  • barraakenobarraakeno Posts: 489 Member

oh, really? that could explain lots for me. So I would need fridges, coffee machines, bars, ice cream and popcorn machines on the lot? I would need the decorative Nectar Display too?
    Brazilian guy here, so my English is not that good.

fB7mWIn.gif
    Spinning toilets confurm3d!!!!11!!1!1!!!!11!
    SimGuruDrake

Can you sticky this thread?
  • BiorasBioras Posts: 50 Member

Wow, why didn't I think of that? I've been playing for days trying to figure out what the issue is. I observed which customers this happened with, which tables, if I recommended a menu item etc.... After reading your post I put every small appliance on the list in the kitchen and haven't had an issue with tables not getting their food since.
    It makes sense when I look back. One night I changed one of my restaurants and accidentally zeroed out my menu. I couldn't figure out why all my customers where just ordering water. Later I figured out what happened to the menu, but every single table got their water. BTW I got a 5 star review from a critic on our water, must be extra filtered.
    Thank you so much for your post!
    barraakeno wrote: »

oh, really? that could explain lots for me. So I would need fridges, coffee machines, bars, ice cream and popcorn machines on the lot? I would need the decorative Nectar Display too?

Oh my, didn't think about the coffee machines. I will test that out now. Thanks. I didn't add a wine machine, bar or fridge on one of my lots and my sims had wine, so I'm not sure about it. It wouldn't hurt, I guess.
  • wickedjr89wickedjr89 Posts: 1,777 Member
    I'm sorry I didn't think to mention it last night. I downloaded a restaurant and went to it with my Sim, had that problem. I went looking around in build mode to see if I could find the problem as i'd played successfully in another restaurant and it just seemed weird, found some wall decor over the chef station, removed it, and viola, it worked. I didn't even think to mention it here. I'm glad someone else did! Also glad it's an easy fix, at least with just not having anything on the wall over it. :)