Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TheSims3.com Undergoing Maintenance

SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
On Thursday, 9th June 2016 starting at 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern / 7pm UK / 8pm Central Europe (Check your local time - http://bit.ly/1UnOKXi) we will be carrying out scheduled maintenance on www.thesims3.com. This maintenance window is expected to be slightly longer than usual and during that time the website will be unavailable. The Sims 3 game and http://store.thesims3.com will be available but some features may not function as expected during the maintenance. The Sims Forums will be unaffected.

Please monitor this post for status updates.

(Apologies for the late post as it seems the forums ate my original post -__-)
Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims

Comments

• SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    Update: The maintenance is now complete.

We are aware of an issue in The Exchange where you can not currently use "View Details". We are currently investigating and working on resolving this issue as quickly as possible.
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    edited June 2016
    @SimGuruDrake: I know you said you're still working on things, but I thought I'd give you heads up on a few specifics.

1) Some of the items in the store can't be accessed. When I tried to access "Barrier to Entry" from Le Cinema Plumbob page, I got a never-ending wait icon, and the page never loaded. When I tried going to the page directly (I have a link I've saved to my bookmarks), I get a blank page that never loads.

2) Many Exchange items (read: all lots, so far as I can tell) don't load at all. You get the Exchange page, but it's absolutely blank as to the item. I can see the lots within my friends' Studios, but clicking the link to the lot brings up an Exchange page, which is absolutely blank in the area for the lot. It's not just the description that's blank, it's the lot, the name of the lot, and ALL information/images that should be on that page. There's NOTHING there.

I hope that helps you somewhat!
  • LieseMietzeLieseMietze Posts: 74 Member
    Good morning, similiar issues on the german page also. Before the maintenance was made, the exchange runs fine for, but a friend from the US had this problem already and couldn't see any of my uploads, she was able to see only households, no lots, no sims. As I saw today, it seemed to me, the exchange is stuck again. Can't see any new upload from yesterday evening. Thank you everybody for trying to help.
  • rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    Hi, just thought I'd bring something specific up.

When trying to access specific Worlds, only one of them loads (Riverview). The rest of them never do. I don't know if that was being looked into, but there it is just in case.
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • R3B3CKVHR3B3CKVH Posts: 473 Member
    edited June 2016
    @SimGuruDrake
    Well, the website is up again, through my browser, but for me at least, when I open my launcher to initially start my game, it says that the website is down(in the area where the daily deals usually are)- mentions something about a programming error being a possible factor.
    Split Reflections: A Sim Story by R3B3CKVH
    www.splitreflections.wordpress.com
    Be Sure to Subscribe
    "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
    tumblr_lz7l7oGCyn1qevqqyo1_500.gif

• Kylieb191Kylieb191 Posts: 4,653 Member
    Thank you for letting us know, when looking at items, at the bottom it usually tells us what part of the set/compilation that item came from has disappeared :)
    Friends?: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Kylierose19
    Proud member of the "I own the store" club
    Zpj9msL.png
    The real me:https://twitter.com/CupidStupidLov3
  • BazajayteeBazajaytee Posts: 33 Member
    Seems to be working again now, Worlds pages are loading properly which they weren't yesterday and The Exchange seems to be updating again.
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited June 2016
    The lots for me are still having all the above problems. On occasion it will show the new uploads but for the most it shows 26 from yesterday. Also still no info when you click on a certain lot to check it out. Just says "Oops" or I get a blank page.
  • SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    Thank you for alerting me to issues you are experiencing and I've alerted the team to investigate.
  • babay_jbabay_j Posts: 21 New Member
    Blank pages everywhere! "My Studio", which is on the right side of "My Page" was showing greeting cards from my games in 2013 and 2014! When I refreshed, it went back to current items, but they are still blanks when pulled up in the exchange. Just adding my 2cents worth about the inconvenience we are all experiencing, with great hope for a speedier 'fix' than we usually get from EA! =(
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Just uploaded a sim household, the page is blank with no image,no info, no add to game button.And sometimes get the Liam if not the blank page.Just adding that it is still not working correctly.Thank you for looking in to the issue. o:)
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • R3B3CKVHR3B3CKVH Posts: 473 Member
    @SimGuruDrake
    Any way we might all get free Sim points for the inconvenience? O.o :lol: Just Kidding... But, can we? :lol:
    Split Reflections: A Sim Story by R3B3CKVH
    www.splitreflections.wordpress.com
    Be Sure to Subscribe
    "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
    tumblr_lz7l7oGCyn1qevqqyo1_500.gif

• bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I tried to download @cravenlestat's sim and I get the oops page and just now when I tried again it is blank which is a major bummer as I neeeeed his Sim for my game desperately. :) I have a Sim who needs rescuing.
  • Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    R3B3CKVH wrote: »
    @SimGuruDrake
    Any way we might all get free Sim points for the inconvenience? O.o :lol: Just Kidding... But, can we? :lol:

LOL!!! Well, if not SimPoints, well, maybe then enable the "Complete Your Set" discount on remaining Store items? ;)
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    Thank you for alerting me to issues you are experiencing and I've alerted the team to investigate.

Thank You! :) I do hope it's something they can fix before they head home for the weekend.
  • LieseMietzeLieseMietze Posts: 74 Member
    edited June 2016
    I wonder, how long it will take this time, until they manage to fix it. Perhaps we should begin to count again.
    original.jpg
  • Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I wonder, how long it will take this time, until they manage to fix it. Perhaps we should begin to count again.

Unfortunately, that might be a good idea... :/
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • STATIONARYSTATIONARY Posts: 8 New Member
    When hiring two chefs or waiters in Dine Out only one of each shows up for work. Why is this? Also, it says you can be your own chef, but it does not allow you to do so. Please fix this.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    STATIONARY wrote: »
    When hiring two chefs or waiters in Dine Out only one of each shows up for work. Why is this? Also, it says you can be your own chef, but it does not allow you to do so. Please fix this.

This really should be asked over in the Sims 4 section as this is the Sims 3 section... ;)

• Shifty62Shifty62 Posts: 14 New Member
    I'm having issues with The Exchange..when I click on a sim for more detail, all I get is a blank page where the info usually is. Is this an ongoing problem from the 'maintenance' ?
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @SimGuruDrake -I got a broken exchange link yesterday when I tried to check a lot uploaded.My page has been glitchy lately and post were showing the wrong times.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • olaf28olaf28 Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm having the sames issues with The Exchange..when I click on a sim for more detail, all I get is a blank page where the info usually is. What's going on?
  • HeledrielHeledriel Posts: 465 Member
    edited June 2016
    The welcome page of the Launcher is just blank and I'm unable to login to the game.
    Post edited by Heledriel on
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.
    wW5u961.gif
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    edited June 2016
    I just tried to log in, my log in page is in Portuguese and will not allow me to change it back to English. What are you (collective you, not you @simgurudrake) doing? Why, oh why, always on Friday, before the weekend. Can you please schedule maintenance for Monday's so you have a whole week to fix the mess ups? Unless this is going to be a 'EA priority' and take several months again. Thanks. I guess I can find out if this would count for foreign language credits while I try to navigate the page. :)

PS: Ok...I logged out and logged back in the Sims 3 page and it is in English now. The exchange is still not working as clicking on sims to dl goes to blank page. There are no new sims uploaded since I checked yesterday as it is still Victoria Simmons at the head of the list.
    Post edited by bekkasan on
  • marstinsonmarstinson Posts: 367 Member
    @SimGuruDrake: bought Dragon Valley Gold from Origin yesterday (6/10) before taking a look at this thread (silly me). When I went to my account to redeem the product code, it kept kicking back an invalid code error. Spent an hour or so on the phone with support and the support person was not able to fix the problem, so there is something behind the scenes at the Store that's out of whack. Not sure what, but it's an issue.