Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will the gtx 760 work for the sims 4???

I'm thinking about buying the gtx 760 and was wondering if it would work on the sims 4???
giphy_1.gif

Comments

• Options
    DockIeeDockIee Posts: 23 Member
    Yes. The GTX 760 will be able to handle everything all the way up to ultra, although there might be some dips in fps if there's too much stuff to render (which shouldn't happen in most cases). Other than those very rare cases you should be having a smooth 60fps the whole time even on higher resolutions.
  • Options
    Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    I'm thinking about buying the gtx 760 and was wondering if it would work on the sims 4???

Try searching for a 770 or 780 on ebay if you want to save money.
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited June 2016
    The GTX 960 vs the 760. http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-960-vs-GeForce-GTX-760

The 960 is newer. They don't make 700 series cards anymore unless you buy new leftovers or used. Used would not be a good idea if you don't have a warranty with the card

PS are you upgrading your computer or buying a computer?
  • Options
    The GTX 960 vs the 760. http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-960-vs-GeForce-GTX-760

The 960 is newer. They don't make 700 series cards anymore unless you buy new leftovers or used. Used would not be a good idea if you don't have a warranty with the card

I'd add that the upper 700 series is ideal for the The Sims 4 despite the lack of support for next gen APIs and the performance won't be much less than 900 series.
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options

I'd add that the upper 700 series is ideal for the The Sims 4 despite the lack of support for next gen APIs and the performance won't be much less than 900 series.

You should ask the person if they were upgrading their computer or buying a new one? Is the card used? If used does it come with a warranty?

The 960 performs better than the 760, it' also newer . I would always advise people to go for newer hardware if their budget permits it and depending on if they are upgrading or buying a new computer
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    edited June 2016
    I was thinking about getting a used one but i'm not sure because if it doesn't have warranty im done for, so I might get a new gtx 950 instead because it's cheaper and has warranty but the only thing is that if I was to get a used one of any of the graphics cards they would be cheaper being used so im not sure?...
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options

You should ask the person if they were upgrading their computer or buying a new one? Is the card used? If used does it come with a warranty?

The 960 performs better than the 760, it' also newer . I would always advise people to go for newer hardware if their budget permits it and depending on if they are upgrading or buying a new computer

I suggest greater quality and extended value, rather than following of market trends. The 700 series architecture is superior to 900 series and I'm not buying another card until a Dual 'Titan X' is available since SLI is really a waste of money for gaming. The 780 would be a good choice for someone who wants simulators and if they've chosen the 760 then they're likely not concerned about warranties.
  • Options
    I was thinking about getting a used one but i'm not sure because if it doesn't have warranty im done for, so I might get a new gtx 950 instead because it's cheaper and has warranty but the only thing is that if I was to get a used one of any of the graphics cards they would be cheaper being used so im not sure?...

The 950 will run the game no problem. The 900 series overall is better than previous nvidia series . I own both 900 and 700 series at the moment. I do not agree with Forrest Ninja .

I would not buy a used card unless you have a warranty
  • Options

I suggest greater quality and extended value, rather than following of market trends. The 700 series architecture is superior to 900 series and I'm not buying another card until a Dual 'Titan X' is available since SLI is really a waste of money for gaming. The 780 would be a good choice for someone who wants simulators and if they've chosen the 760 then they're likely not concerned about warranties.

I own both 900 and 700 series and I disagree. This thread is not about you. OP is looking for help so try to keep this thread on topic
  • Options
    DockIeeDockIee Posts: 23 Member
    The 950 will run the game no problem. The 900 series overall is better than previous nvidia series . I own both 900 and 700 series at the moment. I do not agree with Forrest Ninja .

I upgraded from a 760 to a 970 myself some time ago and while it's very much true that the 970 is better in every way possible, my 760 didn't have any problems running The Sims 4 at all. So if money is an issue the 700 series will get the job done.

Just make sure you ask for the receipt if you do get a used card. I think Nvidia has a 3 year(?) warranty on all of their products and considering the 700 series got cut off late 2014 there's bound to be cards with plenty of warranty left.
  • Options
    DockIee wrote: »

I upgraded from a 760 to a 970 myself some time ago and while it's very much true that the 970 is better in every way possible, my 760 didn't have any problems running The Sims 4 at all. So if money is an issue the 700 series will get the job done.

Just make sure you ask for the receipt if you do get a used card. I think Nvidia has a 3 year(?) warranty on all of their products and considering the 700 series got cut off late 2014 there's bound to be cards with plenty of warranty left.

The 900 series is better.

The Nvidia warranty state they will warranty 3 years if purchased "New" . States nothing about warranty for buying used
    FOR HOW LONG?
    Three (3) years from the date of purchase of your new Warranted Product based on product specific warranty.

OP is better off with the 950 if budget permits and they will have a 3 year Nvidia warranty if they purchase new
  • Options

The Nvidia warranty state they will warranty 3 years if purchased "New" . States nothing about warranty for buying used
    FOR HOW LONG?
    Three (3) years from the date of purchase of your new Warranted Product based on product specific warranty.

OP is better off with the 950 if budget permits and they will have a 3 year Nvidia warranty if they purchase new

Okay i'll try and save a little bit more money for the 950 then, it seems like it's worth it :)
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options

FOR HOW LONG?

Okay i'll try and save a little bit more money for the 950 then, it seems like it's worth it :)

I agree you would be better off with the 950 and a new card
  • Options

FOR HOW LONG?

I agree that the warranty is recommendable however, if you can handle maintenance, you can get a 780 within the price range of a 960 and the performance will be multiples of the 950.
  • Options
    No one needs a 780 for the sims games :s:s
  • Options
    @Ciarassims for got to ask and mention. Do you know how to upgrade? If you need help with that ask user @chersterbigbird or send her a private PM http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/profile/chesterbigbird
  • Options

You'd be surprised... <3
  • Options
    @Ciarassims for got to ask and mention. Do you know how to upgrade? If you need help with that ask user @chersterbigbird or send her a private PM http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/profile/chesterbigbird

I've done it before but thank you for the advice much appreciated :)
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    Your very welcome
  • Options
    edited June 2016

You'd be surprised... <3

This game is more CPU heavy. If EA designed this game to need a 780 or equivalent card they would loose a lot of customers. The sims 3 is more powerful being it is a complete game and you do not need a 780 for that either

As you see the op is on budget so advising them to buy something that is out of their budget and on top of it something they don't need for this game is not good advice
  • Options
    SnowWolf58SnowWolf58 Posts: 382 Member
    I have the GTX 950 and it runs the game just fine. I have all the settings on High with the Lighting set to Very High. I don't keep track of the FPS but my game runs very smoothly and efficiently -- doesn't heat up and I never "hear" the graphics card running whether in Live Mode, CAS or doing any sim activities. I found it at a great price on Amazon... so be sure to check their website too. :smile:
    Ryzen 1700X • 16GB • RX 580

INFJ -A/-T