Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

All we need: Sims 2 with better graphics

ReginalBooBellaReginalBooBella Posts: 24 Member
Honestly... all they needed to do was improve the textures, lighting, and polygon count of sims 2. Why spend all this money creating a "next generation" base game that won't allow sims to play active roles in the restaurant due to "bugs". It was fully implemented along with a complex retail system in sims 2, a game you guys created TEN YEARS ago. Why don't you just go back to the sims 2 and modernize the graphics. Perhaps add some open world elements.

To those who will are about to ATTACK me:
Sims 4 is the best game in the world. It has sold over 3 trillion copies and is the best selling PC game with the highest rated scores from all major game outlets. It not only expands on open world it also implemented OPEN UNIVERSE allowing players to travel galaxies without loading screens. It has a better retail and restaurant system than sims 2. Sims 4 is tactile and intuitive and emotional.

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I don't think I want to go back to where making a baby involved a whole lot of kissing only.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I don't think I want to go back to where making a baby involved a whole lot of kissing only.

Um, wasn't that 1? :tongue: I'm pretty sure my Sims in 2 disappeared under the sheets to create a baby.
  • DarciTheFoxDarciTheFox Posts: 1,589 Member
    *conjures up TS4* Bam! Your wish is granted!

TS4 is nothing but an updated version of TS2. Well, at least in my opinion.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Yea, I forgot. I was playing it on the console the other day, Making babies was no fun in those games.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    TS4 reminds me a lot of 2 in some ways, but 2 was definitely the superior life simulator.
  • DarciTheFoxDarciTheFox Posts: 1,589 Member
    edited June 2016
    Simanite wrote: »
    TS4 reminds me a lot of 2 in some ways, but 2 was definitely the superior life simulator.

It had a smoother progression through the life cycle of sims that was for sure. (*cough toddlers cough*) Also a lot of other nice details that made it stand out in it's time.
  • GleestickyGleesticky Posts: 508 Member
    I do love Sims 2 but the whole forced wants gets on my nerves. Like if you don't do what your Sims want they go crazy or something.
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    But TS4 has those too, it's just that now they are feelings instead of wants. If your sim gets angry from chatting with an angry sim, good luck doing anything with them until you go find a mirror and use the 'calm self down' interaction. That's also forced play in my book, and it gets on my nerves.

I also think TS4 is more like TS1 than TS2. If it had been an updated TS2 I could probably get my money's worth out of it. :p
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited June 2016
    Nope, that wouldn't be enough for me. Really need open world and CASt more than great graphics. I'd love them to experiment with a combination of the personality/memory system and traits and moodlets though.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Bluefairy286Bluefairy286 Posts: 254 Member
    I like how in the Sims 2 when sims are eating they go to the nearest table, rather than the closest sim. Sim actions also don't keep cancelling .
  • NoogsterNoogster Posts: 627 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Really need open world and CASt more than great graphics.

Unfortunately that won't be a TS4 thing.
    They may bring it back in TS5 though, so fingers crossed!

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Nope, that wouldn't be enough for me. Really need open world and CASt more than great graphics. I'd love them to experiment with a combination of the personality/memory system and traits and moodlets though.

I disagree. It's not just the great graphics, it's what the sims can do. Where they can go. I prefer the open lots. Open restaurants. Open spas. In detail. I missed those immensely in sims 3. And no, I didn't buy the half-baked content at the store for that. I was disappointed enough with what I did buy in terms of Eps and other store stuff. Everything was a let down to me in sims 3.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

Graphics aren't everything. I agree with @fullspiral comments. CASt was nice but the open world to me felt like a very tiny version of sim city. I was and still do find it annoying when your sims say go to say a restaurant and your view is the outside of the building. I despised rabbit holes!

I do agree with the last part though.
  • NoogsterNoogster Posts: 627 Member
    Goldbear86 wrote: »

Graphics aren't everything. I agree with @fullspiral comments. CASt was nice but the open world to me felt like a very tiny version of sim city. I was and still do find it annoying when your sims say go to say a restaurant and your view is the outside of the building. I despised rabbit holes!

Super true for the open-world part. I felt it was more eery personally? Like it was just too quiet and open for my liking. Then again, I grew up to enjoy the cozier mechanics for TS1 (console) and TS2 (PC). It made lots feel more packed and streets more crowded.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

Exactly. And this is what I mean when I say they were trying to meld" the two genres. Sims 3 showed it wasn't possible. "You either have sim city, or you have the sims. I prefer to play the Sims.
    edited June 2016
    fullspiral wrote: »

I disagree. It's not just the great graphics, it's what the sims can do. Where they can go. I prefer the open lots. Open restaurants. Open spas. In detail. I missed those immensely in sims 3. And no, I didn't buy the half-baked content at the store for that. I was disappointed enough with what I did buy in terms of Eps and other store stuff. Everything was a let down to me in sims 3.
    I was referring to the title: all we need is Sims 2 with better graphics. Nope I said, that wouldn't be enough for me. So i don't quite understand your post, which contradicts something I never said (because indeed, it's not just about great graphics) and I was speaking for myself (which is why I said 'for me'). Your post confuses me, leaving me with a feeling my comment went like this:

"Nope, that wouldn't be enough for fullspiral, because she really needs open world and CASt more than anything and that's why she loved Sims 3, like everybody does."

Didn't say that though ;) I was giving my personal opinion. And not talking about Sims 4. I don't think the OP was talking about Sims 4 either btw, but merely dreaming about the perfect Sims game. Which for them means Sims 2 with better graphics but for me that imaginary game needs other elements. Elements more important than graphics. For me.

Hope I made myself more clear now ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    No, they need to put the Sims 2 interaction and game play in the Sims 4.
  • Xavy_CatXavy_Cat Posts: 350 Member
    edited June 2016
    I need Sims 2 and 3 to have a baby, with the charm of Sims 1 thrown in. Take that, add some shiny new graphics and you have the perfect base game.
    ms-gif-sims%201_zps4784kijd.gif
    edited June 2016

I love rabbitholes because to me they are the best solution where it comes to sending your sims to places where you can't follow them, which all the versions have. I don't like rabbitholes in 3 when they are used as an easy solution, like prom. That was a disappointment. I also understand why restaurants and stores in the basegame were a disappointment to players who were used to Sims 2 (though open restaurants and stores were added later). Open world however doesn't rule out open venues, as Sims 3 clearly proves. And closed neighborhoods don't guarantee open venues, as Sims 2 and 4 prove. One of my major issues in Sims 4 is how I can't control sims that belong to my own household just because I chose to follow one family member.

For me that realistic open world simply is a very important part of feeling immersed. My sims living in a real world. Funny you mention SimCity by the way, because the very first time I had that Sims feeling was in 97 or so, when I watched my father playing that game. I loved it, but I wanted to go inside those houses, see who lived there. It was that open world experience that did that to me, I'm simply not a loading screen fan. And the teleporting system in Sims 4 is the worst for me personally, I need my sims to at least walk or drive away. But again, that's me.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member

I disagree. They are indeed chasing after TS2, but they are not, by any means, capturing what made it great.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    well the sims2 is outdated so long live the sims4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited June 2016
    I love rabbitholes because to me they are the best solution where it comes to sending your sims to places where you can't follow them, which all the versions have. I don't like rabbitholes in 3 when they are used as an easy solution, like prom. That was a disappointment. I also understand why restaurants and stores in the basegame were a disappointment to players who were used to Sims 2 (though open restaurants and stores were added later). Open world however doesn't rule out open venues, as Sims 3 clearly proves. And closed neighborhoods don't guarantee open venues, as Sims 2 and 4 prove. One of my major issues in Sims 4 is how I can't control sims that belong to my own household just because I chose to follow one family member.

I love rabbitholes too. I never wanted to see my sim sitting at a desk at work or school. I couldn't imagine anything more mind numbingly boring.

Also, people conveniently seem to forget that you weren't limited to staring at a RH restaurant in TS3. The Bistro had an "eat outside" option where you could watch your sims and their party eating. It wasn't as great as restaurants in TS2, but nothing in the series has measured up to that game in my opinion.
    TS3's open world is really nice, but I would have been thrilled with a graphical overhaul of TS2, and all the in depth play that went with it. I don't think TS4 is anything like it. It's too shallow.

ETA - If you have ITF installed, there are food synthesisers that come with it, that spawn an NPC waiter, so placing that on a lot and setting it up can give you a workable restaurant.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • ReginalBooBellaReginalBooBella Posts: 24 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

I disagree. They are indeed chasing after TS2, but they are not, by any means, capturing what made it great.

And failed miserably.
  • Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Can't even compare the two games. Sims 2 has rich, deep content. A game you can tell people put SO much effort into making great. Memories, attraction system, turn on and offs, hobbies, interests. Family play is so extensive, yet you can still throw a sports party and invite your friends. This is a game that was made over 10 YEARS ago. The Sims 4 is basically a shell of that.
  • SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    well the sims2 is outdated so long live the sims4

Wow, way to totally insult TS2 fans. TS2 is AWESOME! So, let me ask you this. If you buy a house, and it becomes old, are you just going to dump it, or are you going to continue investing in it? Just because something is old, doesn't make it bad. Millennials. *shakes head*