Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 has already sold 5 million copies

TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member
Simguru Ninja posted this picture of a silver 5 M pin with sims 4 plumbobs in the background

These pins seem to be something official every developer gets

Now confirmed:
KT0YDZM.jpg
Post edited by TheSimer on

Comments

• ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Zafireria wrote: »
    I want that plumbob pin :(

I wish they had a Sims merch store!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • GentleSimmer1990GentleSimmer1990 Posts: 125 Member
    Hi everybody!

Am I reading this right? Sims 4 sold 5 million copies just on origin :open_mouth: ?
  • GentleSimmer1990GentleSimmer1990 Posts: 125 Member
    Hi again!

This is insane, Sims 2 only sold 6 millions during its life span. I've just looked it up :open_mouth: .
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Zafireria wrote: »
    I want that plumbob pin :(

I wish they had a Sims merch store!
    I wish they had one too. It would do really well.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I bought 2 of these. Physical Collector's Edition and Digital Deluxe.
  • GleestickyGleesticky Posts: 508 Member
    Yeah! That means we'll get more content for Sims 4 and they most likely will be a Sims 5.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    It's a winner! And will blow past series out of the water. :p
  • SlawfishSlawfish Posts: 431 Member
    Cool! Sims 4 is definitely my favourite of them all, glad it's doing well! o:)
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Sounds like we can expect many more packs in the future, awesome !
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    With regards to the thread title, that doesn't surprise me.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Woot! Now they have money to add what the rest (Me) of the players want?!

I like the "me" in that :) <-- completely friendly, genuine liking. It made me smile, which is awesome because today is mostly not so much, so thank you :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    So happy for the news :blush:
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I was going to joke 5 million followers pin, but nope still in 552K. Seems like the Sims page has 12,776,651 likes though.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • thesimsisepicthesimsisepic Posts: 102 Member
    edited June 2016
    And again arn't we kinda back to sqaure one? No one knows what the 5M stands for AT ALL. No one from either side should get hyped up about this. This also would not change the fact of TS4 improvments, lack there-of, and the FACT (Not Opinion) that TS4 has recieved more negativity and controversy surrounding it than any other Sims game. It could sell 500 million for all anyone cares, it doesn't change anything and doesn't mean TS5 could be any better or worse.
  • SimonSimpsonSimonSimpson Posts: 1,223 Member
    Not to take anything away from Sims 4 sales achievements, because I think it's very admirable. Any time you compare the different versions you should keep in mind that The Sims had no copy protection and Sims 2 had very poor copy protection. So the 11M sales record of the The Sims doesn't even including pirates and resales.
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Excellent! The Sims 5 is being funded! :smiley:

Not necessarily
    The money that TS3 made was used for some other games and part of it was used for TS4.

There is a big chance that TS5 if there will be one will get funds even less than what TS4 got!
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif