Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tutorial on how to hire your own sims you made, to work in your Restaurant

mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
edited February 20 in Nominated Threads
Please note that the sims you want to hire have to be not in the world and also not employed in another job.

I made this tutorial very 123 abc step by step so it has 20 Photos to share. Its for simmers just starting out or those that battle to follow instructions without pics. Hope you enjoy it and that it will help you hire your own sims. It comes in 5 parts with 4 photo's each so I don't break slow internet users computers ;)

Once you have made your playable sim and she/he bought their restaurant and is at the restaurant then you can follow these steps

Step 1

GdNraB0.png
select and empty lot and then click on create a new household, that wil take you to CAS

Step 2
2e3KM6n.png
Import or make your worker sims in CAS and then hit the play button

Step 3
l3vE0PY.png
Confirm by clicking save and play

Step 4
ziZCjrI.png
Click to purchase the home.

More steps to follow ........

Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited June 2016
    Step 5
    tKvQo54.png
    Click on the workers lot and then evict them in the options

Step 6
    y1O49vk.png
    Confirm the eviction

Step 7
    1rmbGwu.png
    Click on your sim's restaurant and hit the play button (remember your sim has to be at the restaurant)

Step 8
    0CeoGpM.png
    Select manage employees

More steps to follow
    edited June 2016
    Step 9
    eBW4Hbo.png
    You will see all the npc workers there.

Step 10
    3lkwUiG.png
    Click on options and manage worlds

Step 11
    ASjWMXW.png
    Save and go to manage worlds

Step 12
    j649LHo.png
    Click on household management

More steps to come
    Post edited by mcrudd on
    edited April 2020
    Step 13
    uPg0Ou2.png
    Select the unplayed households and then click on not in world, you will see the Npc's you just saw at the restaurant.

Step 14

ycEkUzY.png
    click on each one and delete them one by one. Please remember to not delete Npc's your sims has an important relationship with.

Step 15
    uC40eLv.png
    You have to confirm each delete as well, so make sure you are not deleting important Npc's

Step 16
    1WCpMc5.png
    So now all the potential workers are gone. I have no other Npc's there because I am not fussed about them and did not have relationships with any of them.

Hi Simmers a big change has happened with added tab's in an update we had. We now have two tab options. We have My households and Other households, you will need to check and delete both of their Not in world/unplayed sims. Just be super careful, important npc's like Father Winter and the sorts are in there so delete accordingly. Thanks to @J2Trumpet for bringing that to my attention. Below is a pic of what the new tab looks like ;)

qYk2069.png

Last steps to follow
    Post edited by mcrudd on
  • BeanfootBeanfoot Posts: 602 Member
    Thank you so much for this! Very informative and useful.
    Thank you so much for everyone's patience, the Tutorial is now done :)
    Beanfoot wrote: »
    Thank you so much for this! Very informative and useful.

Its a huge pleasure :)
  • Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    Idk if I've gotta bug, but I need 1 more waiter to hire in Bob's Pancake house, and no matter what I do, she won't show up for hire as a waiter, she shows up for chef and host every time, but NEVER for waiter. I've put her in her own household, as played but not in world, as unplayed and not in world, in a larger household as played and not in world, unplayed but not in world.... Deleted all other not in world sims, but the game automatically generates a handful of new unplayed sims to choose from.... Is there a cheat I can use to get her hired? Ive also tried hiring her as a chef then firing her.,.. Ugh, it's infuriating!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Jesf8312 wrote: »
    Idk if I've gotta bug, but I need 1 more waiter to hire in Bob's Pancake house, and no matter what I do, she won't show up for hire as a waiter, she shows up for chef and host every time, but NEVER for waiter. I've put her in her own household, as played but not in world, as unplayed and not in world, in a larger household as played and not in world, unplayed but not in world.... Deleted all other not in world sims, but the game automatically generates a handful of new unplayed sims to choose from.... Is there a cheat I can use to get her hired? Ive also tried hiring her as a chef then firing her.,.. Ugh, it's infuriating!!!

Aww that is no good, perhaps you can try to make a huge not in world household of 8 of the same sim then put them all in the not world part and one of them is bound to show up as a waiter ;)
    Hmm, perhaps. I'll give that a shot
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You will just have a lot of them running around in town LOL
  • cloudmakacloudmaka Posts: 119 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »

You will just have a lot of them running around in town LOL

If it does work you could just give them all different names and delete the ones you do not pick while editing the household in manage worlds

Nope... Doesn't work. I had 10 Nancy Holders (from the household maxis created with the pack, the Back of the House Flair household from maxiscreator_01) and the game didn't show her as an option for waitress, just chef and host.
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    This also works for retail stores.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    Thankyou for that tutorial, have bookmarked this thread for future reference :wink:
    cloudmaka wrote: »

If it does work you could just give them all different names and delete the ones you do not pick while editing the household in manage worlds
    Very clever :)

Nope... Doesn't work. I had 10 Nancy Holders (from the household maxis created with the pack, the Back of the House Flair household from maxiscreator_01) and the game didn't show her as an option for waitress, just chef and host.

Oh wow, did you repair your game in Origin, perhaps there is something buggy going on. Hope you get it sorted.
    This also works for retail stores.

Thank you, I have not tried retail stores yet, cause I was not to fond of open for business. Might give it a go some day ;)
    Thankyou for that tutorial, have bookmarked this thread for future reference :wink:

Its a huge pleasure :)
  • mickeyaleamickeyalea Posts: 41 Member
    Thanks for this. Will make it a lot more fun to play with sims I've created.
    mickeyalea wrote: »
    Thanks for this. Will make it a lot more fun to play with sims I've created.

Its a pleasure, have fun :)
    @mcrudd yep, yep, yep, I sure did. Lol. Idk, I'm leaving it alone for now. I'll try to play around with it another time. Thanks for the help, tho :smiley:
    @mcrudd yep, yep, yep, I sure did. Lol. Idk, I'm leaving it alone for now. I'll try to play around with it another time. Thanks for the help, tho :smiley:

Its a pleasure, what a pitty that you did not come right, perhaps another day :)
    Here are the three employers I picked from my workers family I made :)

Chef
    KPiX1F4.png

Waiter
    9ZT0toC.png

Host
    LbYwsPh.png
  • KnoxhoodKnoxhood Posts: 266 Member
    Can't wait to have chef Gordon Ramsay sim in my restaurant kitchen hahaha :D
    EA ID: Knoxhood
    VzZNxCw.gif
    PC Specs: Corsair 760T Black Case, Intel core i7 6700K CPU, Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Mobo, MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Founders Edition, 64GB DDR4 Geil 2400MHz RAM, 2x 240GB HyperX Savage & Samsung 850 EVO SSDs, 9TB WD Red HDDs, ID-COOLING FrostFlow 240L Red LED CPU cooling,750W PSU.
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Nice tutorial and thank you for that.
    I dont own Dine out but when I own it I can't use this because my townies are not just game generated but my own too and each have a background story they are more precious to be deleted for a few bunch to work in a restaurant.

I wish there was a better way to do this.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
    Knoxhood wrote: »
    Can't wait to have chef Gordon Ramsay sim in my restaurant kitchen hahaha :D

Now that sounds interersting B)
    Nice tutorial and thank you for that.
    I dont own Dine out but when I own it I can't use this because my townies are not just game generated but my own too and each have a background story they are more precious to be deleted for a few bunch to work in a restaurant.

I wish there was a better way to do this.

I hope you get dine out quick, its a very fun game pack. Yeah I hope they make it easier for us to hire whom ever we want in the future ;)
  • OliiveSimsOliiveSims Posts: 73 Member
    This was really helpful thank you :smile:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top