Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ISSUES/BUGS with Dine Out

Comments

• Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    Iv'e encountered the bug with disallow new customers. But the thing that get me the most is a bug that'll pop up every once in a while (it's not very common) where the waitstaff refuse to serve finished dishes. I had 4 critics in my restaurants once, and none of them got their food thanks to this bug. But I closed the restaurant because it was too late anyways and my 5 star rating remained.
  • JordojordJordojord Posts: 578 Member
    jsn wrote: »
    I......can't visit any restaurants :D
    I tried going out to lunch with my new couple and got an error saying that the lot was incomplete even though it was a premade one that came with the pack. Then after that message pops up, it just kicks me back to the world select screen

It's probably a mod issue :/

Sounds like a mod issue for realsies
    My Top Picks for an EP:
    University
    Seasons
    Bonvoyage style (Loved those hotels)
  • JordojordJordojord Posts: 578 Member
    Jordojord wrote: »

I never thought about that. I also have the faster eater perk, but I think it was happening before that.

So I went back to the earlier save and didn't add the Faster Eater perk. No musical chairs. Well, almost. One guy did seem to wander around a little, but he sat down at a large table with some sims he didn't come in with and he did get served (and talk to the sims). This is similar to what they were talking about on the live broadcast, a group may break up into separate tables if a large one isn't available. Well, it's almost like what they were talking about.

Anyway, that worked out much better than the Faster Eater perk. The sims stayed at their tables and ate their meals and had a good time. Except for the wanderer. I'll just headcanon that to mean he came into the restaurant and decided to join some friends at their table.

Okay well that makes sense. How about when youre a customer?
    My Top Picks for an EP:
    University
    Seasons
    Bonvoyage style (Loved those hotels)
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    edited June 2016
    After reading about your experiences with the faster eating perk bug I decided not to use it. So far only very minimal musical chairs where customers stand to consume their drinks. Mostly they sit back down and manage to complete their meal but occasionally, if a waiter is serving the table at the same time as the 'drinking sim' goes to retake their seat the waiter and the 'drinking sim' resets but not any other sims who are already sitting and eating. Interestingly this hasn't happened while visiting an NPC lot and I played that side of things for about 7 hours today.

*All the hired staff have been working failry well, a few needed a bit of prodding but seeing as that is part of the game play it is to be expected.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member

Okay well that makes sense. How about when youre a customer?

Someone else will have to answer that. I've only been in one (premade) restaurant as a customer. I had a group outing, we had to sit at two separate tables and for some reason we got our drinks but not our food. My playable sims got so hungry they placed plates of food (that I stupidly had in their inventory) on the table. Maybe that borked the food being served Or maybe the service was just horrible.

• jsnjsn Posts: 624 Member
    jsn wrote: »
    I......can't visit any restaurants :D
    I tried going out to lunch with my new couple and got an error saying that the lot was incomplete even though it was a premade one that came with the pack. Then after that message pops up, it just kicks me back to the world select screen

It's probably a mod issue :/

Sounds like a mod issue for realsies

Yes, it was either the "Faster Sim Spawning" or "Less Random Townies on Community Lots" mods. I'm not sure which because I just deleted them both lol
    Hopefully if someone else had this issue they'll see this and can fix it easily
    tumblr_ntxblj8QDK1s6z4zdo2_250.gif
  • Brieanna19Brieanna19 Posts: 307 Member
    So far I really enjoy Dine out, however I have two issues, maybe some of you have experienced these too.

Guests all just stand around, none of them will take a seat, I even welcome them and they all just continue to stand next to the hostess.

Waiters just stand around and guests get mad and leave because no one is taking their orders. I lost a darn star over this :| I have done praises, criticizes and promotions. Nothing seems to work on these knuckleheads. Haha.

Also, this probably isn't a bug but ALLL my chefs I hire die on me :D Like I know you'd an elder but I just dropped all this money into your training annnnd then you drop dead on me. Not cool. :|
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,304 Member
    I disabled all script mods to see if that was the issue, and it wasn't.

I went to Chez Llama, everything went smoothly until after we were seated, I clicked on the waiter and selected order for table once, Nothing happened. Then did it again, and the game screen turned grey like when you have a pop up menu or message, except there was no message box, and nothing to click on. So the only way i could get out was to alt-tab and end task.

@MeteoricDragon I had the same problem. When I ended the task there was an error message that my graphics driver was not responding. I updated my driver but I have not had time to go into my game again. I hope it sorts it out. :/
  • RomireRomire Posts: 2,418 Member
    Im missing a cook
    Romire - Australian Gamer
    An Nurodirvgent player from the land downunder.
  • dreita95dreita95 Posts: 237 Member
    edited June 2016
    Something weird happened at my sim's restaurant today.

The Bjergsen family came to my restaurant they got their table and everything. After they ordered their food, I noticed Bjorn was literally walking out of the restaurant and his wife was walking behind him. I thought they got impatient or something because their food was taking forever but noooooo, their food was already at their table excellent quality and everything. After like 1 sim hours they came back from outside, sat down and ate their food.
    Analogue at birth, digital by design.
  • FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    I am having an issue with my cooks not doing a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 thing. they come in, put something on the stove, then wander off and do whatever else they want. I can't access management when clicking on them. It isn't even available. I've hired and fired 3 cooks now and all of them do the same thing. I even had a staff come in and then steal something! Ugh.
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited June 2016
    Beanfoot wrote: »
    Here's a bug: my chef showed up for work, then not only stopped working but went home. I called her back the only way I could: "hangout at current lot" and she came in plain clothes with no way to get her to work. Blegh, lost a whole day because of her. I ended up hiring another chef at the last second so I would at least be not too deep in the red.

I had a waitress not show up.. had to close and re open ;l
    maybe that's not a bug but harder gameplay with sloppy workers

Fizzstix wrote: »
    I am having an issue with my cooks not doing a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 thing. they come in, put something on the stove, then wander off and do whatever else they want. I can't access management when clicking on them. It isn't even available. I've hired and fired 3 cooks now and all of them do the same thing. I even had a staff come in and then steal something! Ugh.
    hm, interesting
    do you use mods ? CC ?
    have you tried it with repairing the game, remove localthumbcache ?

the staff stealing something, you should just fire them, that's gameplay not a bug :grimace:

that might be the answer as well :grimace:
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    *All the hired staff have been working failry well, a few needed a bit of prodding but seeing as that is part of the game play it is to be expected.

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    So, I thought when we hovered over a sim who is eating at our resturaunt, it's supposed to show a little blurb above their head about their current thoughts on their experience (good/bad service, good/bad food, etc) but I'm not getting that. Just the regular 'name, age and clubs" pop up when hovering over a sim... Am I missing something or could this be a bug? Is it only critics that show this?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    Fizzstix wrote: »
    hm, interesting
    do you use mods ? CC ?
    have you tried it with repairing the game, remove localthumbcache ?

the staff stealing something, you should just fire them, that's gameplay not a bug :grimace:

that might be the answer as well :grimace:

Yes, I have mods and cc. I had other issues before I even got to be able to open my restaurant. First conflict was not being able to access the menu. I went through my mods/cc in batches to find it. After I added them back in batches and got through them all.. I was able to access the menu again. No idea other than maybe my computer was having a conniption at the time. Second problem after buying my restaurant (one that I made), and hiring my staff and opening the restaurant, everyone just stood around outside. I then found what mod was causing that issue. Turned out to be the Debug Cheats Enabled. I put the updated version in my game and they all started moving around. Except for the cooks being difficult.

As for the thief.. yep.. I know that is game play, but 🐸🐸🐸🐸 that is frustrating. My sim didn't witness it, so they actually got away with it.

So, I decided to go try some gameplay at the maxis made restaurant. Everything is fine except the cooks there too. The put something on the stove, then go wandering around, or just standing around and not even in the kitchen.
  • xSpoiledxxSpoiledx Posts: 228 Member
    I found another one, in addition to the "standing up to take a sip of drink" one I posted about before. This time, loads of dirty dishes are turning up on the floor. I didn't see whether it was the waiters or the customers putting them there, but the waiters were not picking them up. My customer sim had to clean up!
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    The dining experience seems to be working fine in my game, in regards to eating out, going on dates etc.

On the business side, the disallow customers doesn't seem to be working (as already mentioned). It worked the first few times I used it on different days. But on this particular day the critic came to the restaurant & there were like 3 other guests. My employees worked 12 hours and were exhausted.

Also, my cook comes in every morning dragging...very tired. I'm wondering if there's a "cool down" period before you open the restaurant again. If I close at midnight, I usually open at 11AM the next morning. That's like almost 12 hours...the cook should not be dragging lol. It's actually kind of funny...she's all hunched over. I just keep praising her to keep her motivated for 12 hours lol.
  • VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    The only issues I have had so far is sims not eating their meals once the received them. This only happened right as I had opened my restaurant for the first time. After those guest left due to "Not getting their food" all guest afterwards acted normal. My other experience was sims crowding around the hostess with another restaurant i had placed but again after that first initial set of costumers had left everything went on as it should.

I haven't had any issues with musical chairs or sims standing up to drink. I am also currently playing with no mods or cc in game. I also ran a repair on my game after the pack had installed just in case.

My only advice for those with issues is remove all mods & cc (not just disabling them), repair your game and see what happens.
  • VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    Also I remember one of the guru's tweeting about how with dine out there would be some changes to retail in gtw, does anyone know what those are exactly and did they improve the AI in retail because I also had my sims open up retail because I wanted to what changes dine out brought to it and my employee was way better at staying on task and working then before and customers were easier to persuade into purchasing. Before I was lucky to break even when I first opened a short but this time I actually managed to make a decent profit.
  • shay480shay480 Posts: 880 Member
    edited June 2016
    I tried playing a seafood restaurant that I built and put into the only save I have with people in it. At first everyone stood on the sidewalk. Then finally the chef and waiters came up (actual restaurant is not on ground floor), but the host continued to stand outside. I couldn't request a table by clicking on him, the station, or a table. Just nothing. So I went into build mode and removed one of the two host stations, thinking that would clear it up (also removed fridges while I was there, and swapped entry arches for actual doors, since everyone came in and went straight to the restroom). This allowed me to "request table", but the host would not engage until one of us had greeted him ("funny greeting"), and even then he wouldn't come up. So I took the one remaining host station and put it in front of him by the stairs, and it was good. We could finally get a table.

Otis took a seat, but his family was no longer part of his group (probably from all the in-and-out of build mode). I had him order, which got him nothing. I had him order again, which grayed out the screen. It's frozen. I can't even close it from the desktop. I'm getting ready to reboot and try it again if I have time, but there are a few suggestions people might try if they're having trouble getting things to go right.

If nothing else, I really like the new stuff, and I usually just build anyway. I just thought I should try the place since I've already uploaded it. Now I'll need to pull it and upload a working version once I get it right.

EDIT: I opened a build save with two people in the entire world, and put down the edited restaurant. Everything worked until I tried to order, and it froze again. Last resort - should have been step one - remove all mods and go again. And then delete the sim with all the cc, because she will be a hot mess after this experiment is over. HA. But no more time for playing right now.

Post edited by shay480 on
    "I'm hungry! Bring me a neighbor!"
    b9b8f6e8.jpg
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited June 2016
    I'm having some of those bugs too. One I don't think I've seen mentioned (I might be wrong) is the one I just encountered. When customizing the uniforms, they don't get saved. It goes back to the three options Maxis made as soon as you exit CAS. I'm repairing my game now to see if that helps, it's been frustrating. I could only save a customize Female Waitress, the rest, no chance.

I have no CC nor mods.

UPDATE: I just repaired my game and this is still happening.

I CAN'T CUSTOMIZE MY STAFF'S UNIFORMS :s

SECOND UPDATE: I found a way around. Editing the already existing uniforms seems to work.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
    The maid from my sims house turned up in the restaurant instead of the house, knock on the restaurant's door and said that it looked like we didn't need her services today. What? :D
    06_08_16_10_49_05_AM.png
    imagen jpg
    edited June 2016
    The woman standing up approached the table and took the drink that belongs to the woman sitting. Then, she started chatting to them and drinking the stolen beer.

06_08_16_11_10_04_AM.png
    subir imagenes

UPDATE:

She finished the drink, went inside the kitchen and left it on another table (that was intended to be for staff as it is in the kitchen, but I guess now it would be the "chef's table") where other customers were waiting for food. She seems very pleased with what she is doing.
    06_08_16_11_15_29_AM.png
    subir imagen
    Post edited by AlbaWaterhouse on
  • Bumblebee1989Bumblebee1989 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having a huge problem with mine! Everytime I click a restaurant option, there is no writing just a restaurant symbol... how do I fix this so I get the writing too? x
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Looks like musical chairs arent fixed at all. And they have spent most their time on that? pff.. horrible.
  • dcampbell405dcampbell405 Posts: 8 New Member
    I was excited about this pack but I am having some issues that is affecting the main gameplay of this pack.

1. When I go to eat at a NPC's restaurant the Chef is invisible, and the waiter gives the invisible chef the order but no one in the restaurant receives any food.
    2. When trying to own a restaurant apparently there is an invisible Chef there too because my hired Chef will not go into the kitchen to cook anything and I am unable to manage them.

Please Fix!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top