Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ISSUES/BUGS with Dine Out

JordojordJordojord Posts: 578 Member
I LOVE DINE OUT, but A few things need to be ironed out in my opinion.. like:
  • The "Disallow new customers" .. new customers are still entering. Am I doing this wrong?
  • The Customers who I recommend dishes for are NEVER greeted by a server and the dishes arent made. Its like " You recommended it huh? well go make it.
  • Dinner Parties arrive late. One sim (Finally takes their seat) and a few sim hours later another sims joins their table (sometimes from the same household)
  • Sims (when they finally sit and order) Take the the drink and place elsewhere (after getting up) so they are just standing there not doing anything.
  • After ordering I notice sims tend to get up.. probably go back to the hostess stand, I know shes cute with her make up and all but sheesh.
  • Sometimes Wait staff do not show up for their shift. I don't know if they knew we were open or just had to take a sick day which never came in the mail.
  • Cannot add a new uniform.. we have to edit an existing uniform
  • Booths are not registering as proper seating
  • Sims are leaving their books on tables

So Far these are the issues that I have in my game. Everything else seems to run smooth.
When go out as a customer things are fine (Less sims at restaurant though) but when I'm running my restaurant that is where I have problems.

Feel free to add to this list or if you have any solutions <3

Some solutions I have:
  1. Ensure mods are disabled. Major Key Alert
  2. If your employees are disappearing or not coming back the next day I believe this is because of culling. what I did was hire the sims then place them into a household.

y3ZiuKC.jpg
Sims bundling around the the Host, The highlighted sims was seated. then he got up and went to the Host

XnB27nF.jpg
^ After getting their food, they got up to eat it.

LnODzDf.jpg
^ She got her food and decided to go over to the other table with her food to eat it.
My Top Picks for an EP:
University
Seasons
Bonvoyage style (Loved those hotels)
Post edited by Jordojord on

Comments

• MeteoricDragonMeteoricDragon Posts: 245 Member
    When in a dating event, if i order for table once, nothing happens. If I try again, the game becomes unresponsive. and no menu appears while entire screen is greyed out as if there was a pop up menu.
  • JordojordJordojord Posts: 578 Member
    When in a dating event, if i order for table once, nothing happens. If I try again, the game becomes unresponsive. and no menu appears while entire screen is greyed out as if there was a pop up menu.

Hmm this hasn't happened to me though, my date ran smoothly.
    My Top Picks for an EP:
    University
    Seasons
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Jordojord wrote: »

Hmm this hasn't happened to me though, my date ran smoothly.

I'm not having issues with dating that sounds like it might be a mod related issue.
    I disabled all script mods to see if that was the issue, and it wasn't.

I went to Chez Llama, everything went smoothly until after we were seated, I clicked on the waiter and selected order for table once, Nothing happened. Then did it again, and the game screen turned grey like when you have a pop up menu or message, except there was no message box, and nothing to click on. So the only way i could get out was to alt-tab and end task.
  • KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    I have the disallow problem. When "disallow" is on, I'll get a lull in business during off hours, but during peak meal times, they just keep on coming so I have to close and lose the profits from those who were still in the middle of their meals.

Also, my customers in restaurants, whether it's my place or I'm just visiting, get up to eat and drink and wander to talk to people at other tables, so at times, I've got entire gangs of people just standing there chatting with each other and sometimes eating.

Those are the only two problems I've run into so far.
  • ST7_MTNMANST7_MTNMAN Posts: 172 Member
    I disabled all script mods to see if that was the issue, and it wasn't.

I went to Chez Llama, everything went smoothly until after we were seated, I clicked on the waiter and selected order for table once, Nothing happened. Then did it again, and the game screen turned grey like when you have a pop up menu or message, except there was no message box, and nothing to click on. So the only way i could get out was to alt-tab and end task.

Try clicking on the table that is what you are supposed to order from so perhaps something else got clicked on at the same time and caused the program to go into nonresponsive mode? Good luck!
  • ST7_MTNMANST7_MTNMAN Posts: 172 Member
    • The "Disallow new customers" .. new customers are still entering. Am I doing this wrong?
    • The Customers who I recommend dishes for are NEVER greeted by a server and the dishes arent made. Its like " You recommended it huh? well go make it.
    • Dinner Parties arrive late. One sim (Finally takes their seat) and a few sim hours later another sims joins their table (sometimes from the same household)
    • Sims (when they finally sit and order) Take the the drink and place elsewhere (after getting up) so they are just standing there not doing anything.
    • After ordering I notice sims tend to get up.. probably go back to the hostess stand, I know shes cute with her make up and all but sheesh.
    • Sometimes Wait staff do not show up for their shift. I don't know if they knew we were open or just had to take a sick day which never came in the mail.

So Far these are the issues that I have in my game. Everything else seems to run smooth.
    When go out as a customer things are fine (Less sims at restaurant though) but when I'm running my restaurant that is where I have problems.

y3ZiuKC.jpg
    Sims bundling around the the Host, The highlighted sims was seated. then he got up and went to the Host

XnB27nF.jpg

LnODzDf.jpg
    ^ She got her food and decided to go over to the other table with her food to eat it.

Also make sure the actions that you are trying to do don't require a perk to do! You may be trying to do some of the stuff too soon. It is a Business you have to work your way up. At the beginning i believe their was a msg that said 56% of all restaurants fail within the first 6 months, this is not supposed to be an overnight success. Good Luck!
    KatsKats wrote: »
    I have the disallow problem. When "disallow" is on, I'll get a lull in business during off hours, but during peak meal times, they just keep on coming so I have to close and lose the profits from those who were still in the middle of their meals.

Also, my customers in restaurants, whether it's my place or I'm just visiting, get up to eat and drink and wander to talk to people at other tables, so at times, I've got entire gangs of people just standing there chatting with each other and sometimes eating.

Those are the only two problems I've run into so far.

Yeah Like I want to stop having people in around 9pm and close the restaurant around 11:30.
    My Top Picks for an EP:
    University
    Seasons
    ST7_MTNMAN wrote: »

y3ZiuKC.jpg

XnB27nF.jpg

LnODzDf.jpg

Also make sure the actions that you are trying to do don't require a perk to do! You may be trying to do some of the stuff too soon. It is a Business you have to work your way up. At the beginning i believe their was a msg that said 56% of all restaurants fail within the first 6 months, this is not supposed to be an overnight success. Good Luck!

Lol what you're saying has nothing to do with what we are talking about which is sims walking about and not eating. Restaurants would fail yes if people were not coming in.
    My Top Picks for an EP:
    University
    Seasons
  • MiwaPROMiwaPRO Posts: 220 Member
    edited June 2016
    This top makes my Sims hand like a puppet doll or something
    TNsXpRL.png
    ***THE SIMS 4 - BRASIL***
    Repaired the game and no change.
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    I don't know if this is a bug yet. I didn't have any problems with musical chairs UNTIL I got the Faster Eater perk. Almost immediately they started to eat faster, and they would stand up as soon as their food arrived, wander over to different diners and even leave the restaurant with their food untouched. This is with 5 star customers. I guess they left good reviews so I can't complain, but I want my customers to enjoy their meals. I may go back to an earlier save and not get the Faster Eater perk.
    Disabled all mods and it worked. I'll have to enable a few at a time and repeat to find out the mod. and I'll post it here when i find out which one it is.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Disabled all mods and it worked. I'll have to enable a few at a time and repeat to find out the mod. and I'll post it here when i find out which one it is.

If it's something not on this list, please do let me know! http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/889265/broken-updated-mods-not-cc-june-2-patch-dine-out-gp?new=1
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    I don't know if this is a bug yet. I didn't have any problems with musical chairs UNTIL I got the Faster Eater perk. Almost immediately they started to eat faster, and they would stand up as soon as their food arrived, wander over to different diners and even leave the restaurant with their food untouched. This is with 5 star customers. I guess they left good reviews so I can't complain, but I want my customers to enjoy their meals. I may go back to an earlier save and not get the Faster Eater perk.

I never thought about that. I also have the faster eater perk, but I think it was happening before that.
    My Top Picks for an EP:
    University
    Seasons
    Repaired the game and no change.

New save?
    My Top Picks for an EP:
    University
    Seasons
    It's UI Cheats Extension 1.5
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    It's UI Cheats Extension 1.5

Yeah, that broke at the patch update, but people who weren't using CAS might not have noticed till now. 1.6 is available and works.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • BeanfootBeanfoot Posts: 602 Member
    Here's a bug: my chef showed up for work, then not only stopped working but went home. I called her back the only way I could: "hangout at current lot" and she came in plain clothes with no way to get her to work. Blegh, lost a whole day because of her. I ended up hiring another chef at the last second so I would at least be not too deep in the red.
    Beanfoot wrote: »
    Here's a bug: my chef showed up for work, then not only stopped working but went home. I called her back the only way I could: "hangout at current lot" and she came in plain clothes with no way to get her to work. Blegh, lost a whole day because of her. I ended up hiring another chef at the last second so I would at least be not too deep in the red.

I had a waitress not show up.. had to close and re open ;l
    My Top Picks for an EP:
    University
    Seasons
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    The main bug, at least as dining goes, is Sims getting up out of their chairs while dining, and just standing absolutely still, doing nothing, before sitting back down.

This has to be fixed. The "musical chairs" bug that has plagued the game for a very long time is still rampant in the game, and this glitch prevents you from doing anything at all with the Sim it affects. I knew this would happen, as I saw it on the live stream just as they were explaining how hard they worked towards preventing it happening.

I understand it must be a hard glitch to fix, but it definitely should not be left without getting fixed for good.
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    The main bug, at least as dining goes, is Sims getting up out of their chairs while dining, and just standing absolutely still, doing nothing, before sitting back down.

This has to be fixed. The "musical chairs" bug that has plagued the game for a very long time is still rampant in the game, and this glitch prevents you from doing anything at all with the Sim it affects. I knew this would happen, as I saw it on the live stream just as they were explaining how hard they worked towards preventing it happening.

I understand it must be a hard glitch to fix, but it definitely should not be left without getting fixed for good.

I hope we get a quick patch update really soon to at least iron out some things :l
    My Top Picks for an EP:
    University
    Seasons
  • jsnjsn Posts: 624 Member
    I......can't visit any restaurants :D
    I tried going out to lunch with my new couple and got an error saying that the lot was incomplete even though it was a premade one that came with the pack. Then after that message pops up, it just kicks me back to the world select screen

It's probably a mod issue :/
    tumblr_ntxblj8QDK1s6z4zdo2_250.gif
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    edited June 2016

I never thought about that. I also have the faster eater perk, but I think it was happening before that.

So I went back to the earlier save and didn't add the Faster Eater perk. No musical chairs. Well, almost. One guy did seem to wander around a little, but he sat down at a large table with some sims he didn't come in with and he did get served (and talk to the sims). This is similar to what they were talking about on the live broadcast, a group may break up into separate tables if a large one isn't available. Well, it's almost like what they were talking about.

Anyway, that worked out much better than the Faster Eater perk. The sims stayed at their tables and ate their meals and had a good time. Except for the wanderer. I'll just headcanon that to mean he came into the restaurant and decided to join some friends at their table.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited June 2016
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

I hope we get a quick patch update really soon to at least iron out some things :l

Me too. I just find it so ironic though that, exactly 30 mins into the live stream, they were going on and on about how they worked hard to prevent it from happening, yet there is a Sim doing it RIGHT as they said that (look at the ginger Sim 30 mins in if you want to see for yourself).

I'm sure they know it's an issue though, and I hope it will get fixed ASAP.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top