Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A dine out did you know thread

Did you know the aquarium makes bubble sounds?

Post little facts you find out about.

Comments

• MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I found out adults can also draw on place mats! I wasn't expecting that!
  • ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    They get a comfy moodlet from sitting on expensive furniture.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    If you leave a restaurant without paying (remember that in the sims 2?!) you get a notification when you get home and the money removed from your funds.
  • DeeTsimsDeeTsims Posts: 176 Member
    My foodie sims liked that the red nectar paired nicely with their meal.
  • Nicwebb82Nicwebb82 Posts: 447 Member
    Even if you aren't on a date with your spouse, if you still go out to eat with them, you will get a flirty moodlet
  • siennaSTARsiennaSTAR Posts: 739 Member
    You get a moodlet depending on what time of day you eat (breakfast, lunch, and dinner).
  • LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    Drawing on the placemat isn't just open to everyone, but it also counts towards the art skill!
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Great thread! So excited to see what you discover.

Thank you. This gamepack is awesome. I love it.
    Did you know the jazz station is only available for the higher end stereos?

Did you know there is a new jazz wall speaker?

Did you know the restuarents you download from maxis creator don't have the menus set to hardly anything? You have to set them. The only thing I saw in one of the restuarents I downloaded from maxis is water.

• NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    When you pair the perfect wine to food your sims get a happy moodet.

Sims with high gourmet cooking skills unlock different friendly socials to discuss about the food.

That when sims pull faces and have to hold their noses while eating an experimental dish.. they might still like it at the end! LOL (I'm sure my sim was lying just to make himself look good in front of his new b/f)

Date goals change to be about dining out when choosing a restaurant as the location .

Moodlets reflect the time of day e.g. breakfast/lunch/dinner.

Tell thing chef what you really think about his rubbish cooking can cause an untimely death... opps. :s Hope he didn't have a family to provide for.

If you are the last couple in the restaurant you can get all the wait staff hovering around you checking up on you... lol, fluke or design I don't know but sims definitely got the message that it was 'time to go home'!
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
    Did you know if you have Spooky Stuff the Spooky Halloween Cookies are on the menu?
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    The drinks from the Fountain of Mirth from the first stuff pack Luxury Party are on the menu too.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    There are root beer floats!
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    It looks like objects that affect moods can effect your employees.
    Did you know that sims can only feed each other a bite if their sitting next to one another side by side?

Did you know that the Jazz Station has romantic piano music and is now an even better reason we need the slow dance back.

The Cheese Eyeballs from Spooky Stuff are also on the menu but the Frankenstein Cookies don't appear for some reason.
    edited June 2016
    Did you know that clam chowder is a new recipe?
  • CristianoCristiano Posts: 138 Member
    As an owner, you can request a table in your own restaurant and order from the menu if your sims is hungry. While waiting on the food you can get up and interact with other customers.
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    My Sim was at home cooking and made Italian Meatballs for dinner. I don't recall this being on the menu.

You can have a high star rating but be still be losing money lol. My Sims are working 12 hours daily, and can't turn a profit. I've got to tweak something ASAP. Totally loving this game!!

When dining out, you can complain to the chef or praise the chef's food!!
  • LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    I think if you go out for dinner with your SO it gives you the hot dinner date moodlet which is flirty +2

tumblr_o8g3asMSZt1tlsj96o1_400.png

(my sim is called Chaz XD)
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    edited June 2016
    Your sim can get food poisoning, when they call to complain they can get gifted money and told to drink lots of water.

The busier the restaurant the longer it takes to get served. If it is nearly empty the faster the service.

If you order drinks and appetizers, then order your meal. You might have to clean the table before you can be served again. If the staff cleaned your table then you will just be served.

If your sim has too low of a cooking skill, you will get a notification telling you that you can't experiment with foods to learn a new recipe until you reached level 5.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´