Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I did some happy sobbing too and so happy Sennie is ok. I did play some restaurants in the Sims 2 and yeah I could see why they went the management only decision. The other tasks were pretty mundane when I played them but the pack I think keeps pretty true to the Sims 2 style of restaurants with some Sims 1 flare mixed into it.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • ThrippaThrippa Posts: 678 Member
    @Sennie So glad that the rumors of your passing were exaggerated. Proof that we are the family play thread. Sorry that the car turned out to be worse than anticipated, but glad it was only the car totaled and not the people!
  • SennieSennie Posts: 2,708 Member
    @Sennie you might want to take those car pics down, or block the reg number off. Unscrupulous people can get personal details from a reg no.

I've been on a 4 mile hike today around a nature reserve. Well, it was meant to be 4 miles... but we got lost :D So it was considerably more. I've been bitten, stung and scratched and my scalp under my hair got sunburned. But, since it took us so long to find our car again, I now only have an hour to wait until DO is ready to download. Oh yeah, I ought to go and buy it now or I won't be downloading it at all lol.

I'm excited to make some different themed restaurants and take some families out to new locations. Since my sims are always pretty poor, I won't be able to own a restaurant for a very long time.

Thank you @elanorbreton :) I have removed the pictures from my post :) I didn't think the reg mattered as the car is no longer with us, but thanks for the warning :)

Matthew.
  • HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    So glad you're alive @Sennie ! It was my first experience with death over the internet, and I didn't really know how to respond to it. Thanks for clarifying everything!
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
    Hi @Scobre I replied to your message :)

Matthew.
  • angl2005151angl2005151 Posts: 149 Member
    wow that's quite a story @Sennie! But good to read that you are still alive and kicking :wink: And to still have a chance to meet you! :)
    Nicole's Sims Story's
    www.nicolesimsstories.weebly.com

• crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member
    Thrippa wrote: »
    @Sennie So glad that the rumors of your passing were exaggerated. Proof that we are the family play thread. Sorry that the car turned out to be worse than anticipated, but glad it was only the car totaled and not the people!

Agree,I
    I'm glad to find out you're alright
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    I just thought I'd drop by quickly and show you what an awesome time Kelly and her family had at the edited Hare and Hedgehog:

06-07-16_6-18-38%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0

Everything seemed to go pretty smoothly. They travelled there for breakfast before school and work (it was 5.40 am when I loaded it up, they were all starving!!) - Gianni went in and asked for a table, he got shown to one outside and all the family followed and sat at the same table (they were not in a club or group). One of them ordered for the table and they all chatted while they waited, one of the kids did a bit of colouring (you can just see his placemat underneath his plate).

Time for school and work came, the kids and hubby went off and left Kelly on her own to pay the bill lol. One of the kids left without having his drink, not sure if that was a glitch or he just didn't want it.

I enjoyed their first meal very much :)
  • mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    Sennie wrote: »
    Hi everyone :)

If you read that I died this past week then please, please ignore it! It's not true, not a word of it! My Origin account was hacked, emails were changed and someone got access to my forum account :( what they posted is not true and as soon as I heard what had happened I came back here to get control of the account. I've been in talks with Bethelle and SimGuruDrake for the past few days now and they've been really helpful and have given me loads of support :)
    So I apologise if you've heard this news :(

I now have security measures set up on my Origin account, so this will never ever happen again I'm pleased to say :)

I have some news about what's been happening in my life but will update you all on that later on :) I have to send some messages first to the people who were tricked, so will be doing that for some time.

I missed you all and hope that you are all doing well and are having a great day :)

Oh and also, congratulations to you @Cabelle1863 :) that's great news about your job, and about buying yourself some stuff packs :) I'm so pleased for you :)

Sending you all big hugs <3

Matthew.

Oh my god, I'm so happy you're okay!! My heart's literally racing right now, haha. Gosh gosh gosh gosh that's so good...this is so good.
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    Sent my favourite family to the fancy new restaurant...apparently, they think they're still too good for that place :D
    334uk9j.jpg

Their chef was an alien, so maybe that was the reason. I hope they are not xenophobic...
    de78gp.jpg

But before I was able to test out if an alien chef is any good, my sims' sister in law went into labor...so we had to end my first Dine Out session a lot sooner than expected :D
    2yxkt54.jpg
    edited June 2016
    LGR's review is out too.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=537N3EzLq4o&amp;feature=youtu.be&amp;a&amp;ab_channel=LazyGameReviews

You can see from it that not only kids can color, but insane Sims can color too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    LGR's review is out too.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=537N3EzLq4o&amp;feature=youtu.be&amp;a&amp;ab_channel=LazyGameReviews

You can see from it that not only kids can color, but insane Sims can color too.

:open_mouth: Superfast!!!
  • angl2005151angl2005151 Posts: 149 Member
    Time to show some pictures of my new legacy.

Screenshot-16_1.jpg
    Hello Nashira!
    The family cat that was owned by Ethans family, moved with Ethan and Charlotte to Salmon Woods

Screenshot-10.jpg
    Charlotte is the towns first witch. In my previous legacy, I had a lot werewolves, now I hope I will have a lot witches in the future :) Young Austin already has his mommy's witchy side :)

Screenshot-8.jpg
    But when she's not busy with her crafts, she's cooking. She's an aspiring chef and thanks to college she already has cooking at max. Lucky Ethan and Austin will have a lot nice dinners.

Screenshot-13_1.jpg

Nice times in the bedroom...

Screenshot-22_4.jpg
    With a not so suprising consequence :wink:

Screenshot-29_4.jpg
    Time to tell Ethan the news

Screenshot-31_2.jpg

And you can see his happy reaction :smiley:

Screenshot-32_4.jpg

Screenshot-33_2.jpg

Screenshot-35_2.jpg
    With that news Ethan was able to pain a beautiful painting.
    With Charlotte working in a diner, Ethan stays at home to take care of Austin and so he can paint. He already earned a lot money with his master paintings.

Screenshot-17_3.jpg
    Ethan and Austin :smiley:

Happy Simming everyone!
    Nicole's Sims Story's
    www.nicolesimsstories.weebly.com

Anemone7 wrote: »

:open_mouth: Superfast!!!
    EA gave it to him. I'm so glad they did. I just really love LGR's reviews because he says it how it is and usually right on them. Doesn't linger too long on CAS too which I like.
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    Awesome pics, everyone!

I'm not keen on seeing aliens as restaurants chefs. Mostly 'cause I'm not keen on aliens at all! lol! Anyone know if it's possible to completely mod out the aliens? Not that I want to bother with mods right now, with as frequently as they patch, but still. Guess I just need to keep playing TS3 and wait for a better game with more options.

For those of you who do play TS4, does anyone play offline? And when you restart the game, do you have to go online and sign in before going offline again? Still trying to figure out if I should bother checking out the new patch when I go out of town for the next 5 days or so.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
    Awesome pics, everyone!

I'm not keen on seeing aliens as restaurants chefs. Mostly 'cause I'm not keen on aliens at all! lol! Anyone know if it's possible to completely mod out the aliens? Not that I want to bother with mods right now, with as frequently as they patch, but still. Guess I just need to keep playing TS3 and wait for a better game with more options.

For those of you who do play TS4, does anyone play offline? And when you restart the game, do you have to go online and sign in before going offline again? Still trying to figure out if I should bother checking out the new patch when I go out of town for the next 5 days or so.
    MC Command Center should do it I think. @egwarhammer on what settings to put it on to work.
    Hi, Scobre! Are you referring to getting rid of aliens or are you referring to my online/offline question? I know asking two questions probably just confused the issue - sorry! But thanks, I would use that mod to get rid of the culling regardless. Not sure I will bother when I check out the patch because to be honest I doubt that the game will hold my attention long. It hasn't so far, and sadly I've not seen much added that changes that.

Hi, Scobre! Are you referring to getting rid of aliens or are you referring to my online/offline question? I know asking two questions probably just confused the issue - sorry! But thanks, I would use that mod to get rid of the culling regardless. Not sure I will bother when I check out the patch because to be honest I doubt that the game will hold my attention long. It hasn't so far, and sadly I've not seen much added that changes that.
    The alien question. I think there are alien options with MC Command Center. I just like aliens, so I didn't tweak them.
    OK, I thought that's what you meant. Thanks @Scobre.

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Awesome pics, everyone!

I've never played offline so can't help with that one. But the latest patch is pretty good, I can recommend it - probably better than any previous ones.

I have had GTW since it came out and never had aliens in my game. If you get invited to a themed alien night you can turn it down and that way the aliens do not get spawned. Not sure if anything else brings them into the game, I have not had a single one. I thought I would have to mod them out, but I've had no need yet.
  • clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    @Sennie glad your alive and well :)

I actually brought dine out as I wanted more places for sims to eat. I'm not a big lover of clubs so restaurants is right up my street. Anyway the hour that I managed to have a quick go, it's not that bad, but that's only eating at the restaurant can't really give an opinion on the rest. Finally somewhere my sims can date and go and have family meals yay.

Hopefully when this awful bug leaves the house (it started with my sister my niece and nephew got it then my little one now me) it's been hanging around a Couple of weeks now so hopefully it will go soon, I shall have a proper play of the game pack.

Love everyone's pics
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    For anyone who is interested I set my butterflies free last week and have photos for you here http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/886409/raising-small-tortoiseshell-butterflies#latest

I'm glad you guys seem happy with Dine out <3 loving the pictures!
    Thanks for the info, @elanorbreton

Love the butterflies, spark! Awesome!

I love you all :) you're all amazing people!!!

Keep loving Elvis <3

Elvis_Presley_zpsydneh0ng.jpg

With love and hugs <3

Matthew.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    edited June 2016
    @Sennie It is lovely to know that previous reports were highly exaggerated. I'm sorry this was done to you and hope things are going well for you and your family.

I've survived day 2 of my new job and am enjoying being back in the field again.

I watched LGR's review of the new pack and sounds like even though he likes it, weird stuff still happens. I can't imagine someone just dropping down in the middle of a restaurant and doing push ups. You would think a line or two of code would take care of that...'no pushups allowed within framework of restaurant' etc

Great pics @elanorbreton @Anemone7 and @angl2005151
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top