Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Faulty CC since 14th July Patch

gramatiquegramatique Posts: 526 Member
edited November 2016 in Mods Bugs & Issues
This post covers a list of broken CC since the 2nd of June patch and pack releases.

These files causes the game to crash during the loading screen:

These files cause a glitch in CAS where your Sim's eyes gets larger in addition to weird skin (ongoing issue)

Broken CAS CC
Pyxiidis default skin replacement - NOW UPDATED!
LumiaLover's Smoothish Skin - is not updated and based on their response here they plan on a complete rehaul instead of fixing the current version. UPDATED! Please check here!
Gday Base Game Recolours - OLD files are borked due to the 27th October patch, linked is the updated version! :D

October patch did some things to these:
Flannel Recolours
Ombre Shirts

These files cause issues during interactions with certain items:
Puresims Assorted Pillows and Prints - causes booths to stop being functional (Sims will complain that there's no route). Also causes issues with using Void Critter battlestation.
Brazen Lotus Table Overrides - older version has some conflicts with booths. They recently updated it (linked).
Urban Jungle Set (Chest of Drawers) - causes issues with booths.
Mango Sims 4 - Set Courcelles (Tapis_RC1) - causes issues with booths.
IMHO Sims 8 Paintings - causes issues with the Void Critter Battlestation
Simpops single bed matresses - causes issues with battlestations

These mods causes relationships to disappear completely
Platicbox - Clutter Anywhere

Enhanced Physique Range - someone else updated it, and according to the replies after that, it's a working update. It can be found at the very bottom of this page by SoyAndrew.

While the game does not crash, it does mess up the CAS UI (and many other things UI-related):
PlasticBox Wrench CC override (to even more specific, I was using "Thumb Plus Grey") - if you were using this, try an alternative (updated) version: link

I will continue updating this as I go, if you have a piece of CC that has caused problems in your game, let me know and I can add it to the first post. :)

Thanks!

Post edited by gramatique on

Comments

• egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Thanks for taking this on!

You might want to check on UI Cheats, or add a version number (1.5 ?) to the one that's broken, weerbesu said he's updated this mod for the new stuff. 1.6 is supposed to work (I haven't had time to try it yet).

I know of some newly-broken cc, but it's things we can't talk about here... skin details stuff from cmar.
  • gramatiquegramatique Posts: 526 Member
    Thanks for the heads up! And I know that mod, and due to reasons you stated I didn't add it in here haha.

MaySims hair 94 has also been updated!
  • isabellasimmer908isabellasimmer908 Posts: 8 New Member
    thank you for sharing this because i have had some issues too after the latest patch. i have checked the items that you listed above but sadly i don't have any of these and therefore i have not found the culprit for this problem. i have tons of mays hairs but not from your list . i have some mods but not much so could it be a mod conflict? could it be andrews pose player? i am really confused about this issue because i have no solution. my game won't start up it says unable to open so clearly its a cc or mod conflict going on but i have no idea which so please let me know who the other culprits could be asap thank you.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    thank you for sharing this because i have had some issues too after the latest patch. i have checked the items that you listed above but sadly i don't have any of these and therefore i have not found the culprit for this problem. i have tons of mays hairs but not from your list . i have some mods but not much so could it be a mod conflict? could it be andrews pose player? i am really confused about this issue because i have no solution. my game won't start up it says unable to open so clearly its a cc or mod conflict going on but i have no idea which so please let me know who the other culprits could be asap thank you.

Unfortunately, there are so many CC items that it could be almost any of them. If the game won't open, it's more likely something along the lines of CC than a mod, but I do have a known-issue mod list here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/889265/broken-updated-mods-not-cc-june-2-patch-dine-out-gp?new=1 For CC, try pulling it out and see if it helps. If it does, you can add the CC back in gradually to see which ones stop the game from starting.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.

Unfortunately, there are so many CC items that it could be almost any of them. If the game won't open, it's more likely something along the lines of CC than a mod, but I do have a known-issue mod list here: For CC, try pulling it out and see if it helps. If it does, you can add the CC back in gradually to see which ones stop the game from starting.

thank you for replying to my question. i'm starting to think that its a broken cc item(s) rather than a mod conflict because i have none of those mods from that list or from the cc so i still have no idea how to narrow this down. the last time this happened it was due to May's hairs where they became broken because of the last patch update, but i do not have any of the may's hairs from the cc list so i'm stumped here. my cc/mods folder is massive to say the least so this is really getting on my nerves. i have checked your list and i'm still in the dark on this one sadly. my only solution is to divide my cc list and find the culprit myself just like last time but my mods folder is much bigger this time so.... i don't see that happening unless i want to spend hours of my life sorting through it. is there a mods conflict detector mod? i could download and i would narrow it down a bit maybe? whats your opinion on this? thank you for reading from a stressed out simmer here. :|
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member

Unfortunately, there are so many CC items that it could be almost any of them. If the game won't open, it's more likely something along the lines of CC than a mod, but I do have a known-issue mod list here: For CC, try pulling it out and see if it helps. If it does, you can add the CC back in gradually to see which ones stop the game from starting.

thank you for replying to my question. i'm starting to think that its a broken cc item(s) rather than a mod conflict because i have none of those mods from that list or from the cc so i still have no idea how to narrow this down. the last time this happened it was due to May's hairs where they became broken because of the last patch update, but i do not have any of the may's hairs from the cc list so i'm stumped here. my cc/mods folder is massive to say the least so this is really getting on my nerves. i have checked your list and i'm still in the dark on this one sadly. my only solution is to divide my cc list and find the culprit myself just like last time but my mods folder is much bigger this time so.... i don't see that happening unless i want to spend hours of my life sorting through it. is there a mods conflict detector mod? i could download and i would narrow it down a bit maybe? whats your opinion on this? thank you for reading from a stressed out simmer here. :|

Hello @isabellasimmer908
    Because you have a lot of mods/cc, try using the 50/50 method. Put half of your mods/cc into the mods folder then start the game and see if the issue is still there. If the issue is not there, then you know that those items work okay with the game. Then you can test the other half of your cc/mods.
    If the issue is still there with the first half, you will need to keep testing them to see what is causing the problem. Then you will need to test the second half of your cc/mods too.

There is a package conflict detector that some simmers use. This is a link to it.
    http://modthesims.info/d/572482
  • JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    Thanks for taking this on!

You might want to check on UI Cheats, or add a version number (1.5 ?) to the one that's broken, weerbesu said he's updated this mod for the new stuff. 1.6 is supposed to work (I haven't had time to try it yet).

I know of some newly-broken cc, but it's things we can't talk about here... skin details stuff from cmar.

I have the new version of the UI cheats (1.6) and it is working just fine in my game...
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

rosemow wrote: »

Hello @isabellasimmer908
    Because you have a lot of mods/cc, try using the 50/50 method. Put half of your mods/cc into the mods folder then start the game and see if the issue is still there. If the issue is not there, then you know that those items work okay with the game. Then you can test the other half of your cc/mods.
    If the issue is still there with the first half, you will need to keep testing them to see what is causing the problem. Then you will need to test the second half of your cc/mods too.

There is a package conflict detector that some simmers use. This is a link to it.

thank you for replying to me and thank you for providing a method of solution to me. i have done this the last time i had the same exact problem but it took about 4 hours or so and therefore it will clearly much more time since i have much more cc this time around. is the conflict detector easy and straight forward to use? because i wouldn't be best at those things . i have found some blogs where fellow simmers have posted that if you have this it might be your problem but sadly i don't so i'm still in the dark here but i guess i will either download the mod or do what i did last time so that is just great. i will change my origin settings so that it won't update automatically for next time but this is a real inconvenience for me . thank you for replying !.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member

Hello @isabellasimmer908

thank you for replying to me and thank you for providing a method of solution to me. i have done this the last time i had the same exact problem but it took about 4 hours or so and therefore it will clearly much more time since i have much more cc this time around. is the conflict detector easy and straight forward to use? because i wouldn't be best at those things . i have found some blogs where fellow simmers have posted that if you have this it might be your problem but sadly i don't so i'm still in the dark here but i guess i will either download the mod or do what i did last time so that is just great. i will change my origin settings so that it won't update automatically for next time but this is a real inconvenience for me . thank you for replying !.

Hello @isabellasimmer908 .
    I hope that you will soon find the cc/mod tthat is causing the issues in your game
  • SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
    Hey guys,

If you have any CC (CC only, not UI or game mods) that is causing the game to crash as of the June 2nd patch, I would like to take a look at it so I can see why. So if you could post a link that would be much appreciated. The three items listed above (May Sims Hair) have been taken down by the creator so I can't download them.

Thanks!
    SGMS
    edited June 2016
    @SimGuruModSquad Hey! Thanks for stopping by. I haven't found anything in my mods folder (and it's... pretty big), but according to this post, this CC makes you unable to start the game.

MaySims was very quick to respond (very pleasantly surprised), but I'm sorry the link was taken down. :(

@isabellasimmer908 You can assume that aside from mods, most of the CC that was broken by this patch is most likely CAS-related. So instead of doing the 50/50 method on all your CC, perhaps only do so for your CAS folder. I hope that would cut down some time. :)

I've also updated the list (though it's not significant), but do check if any of those hairs are ones that you do have in your game. :)
    Post edited by gramatique on
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    edited June 2016

Hello @isabellasimmer908

There really isn't an easy quick fix-it-all way, at this point. ALL cc should be suspect, IMO. Everybody with CC is pretty much in the same boat, having to go through and see what this update melted in older cc files.

The people maintaining the broken/updated mods and cc lists can only post what they're given info on, so, if something anybody has either IS or IS NOT working, post patch, or has been UPDATED for the patch, please post mod info to @luthienrising 's mod thread, or cc info to THIS thread.

It's big... but it's only happened with BIG game updates, on the GTW and GT (and now DO) scale. Most cc usually weathers other patch updates fine, it's only when they make sweeping changes to things like CAS or Clubs or the Careers system that we've had HUGE all-encompassing mod/cc storms like this.

Scumbumbo's mod conflict detector may help.

But really, my best advice is to take EVERYTHING out (unless it's been verified to work with the June 2 patch), and start adding it back in, a little at a time. Keep an eye out for LastException files, they'll let you know when something snags. And please, share your findings! :)

I've gone from vanilla, to adding MC, and I think maybe 3 other mods/cc files. VERY light for me. But worth not having load problems, for sure.

Good luck!
    @SimGuruModSquad Hi again! There's another CC that causes the game to crash on start-up: link.
    gramatique wrote: »
    @SimGuruModSquad Hey! Thanks for stopping by. I haven't found anything in my mods folder (and it's... pretty big), but according to (.......) makes you unable to start the game.

MaySims was very quick to respond (very pleasantly surprised), but I'm sorry the link was taken down. :(

@isabellasimmer908 You can assume that aside from mods, most of the CC that was broken by this patch is most likely CAS-related. So instead of doing the 50/50 method on all your CC, perhaps only do so for your CAS folder. I hope that would cut down some time. :)

I've also updated the list (though it's not significant), but do check if any of those hairs are ones that you do have in your game. :)

thank you for the much needed help and i think i'm just going to do what i did last time , which was taking all cc out and adding it back in sections. i have a feeling its maysims hairs because thats is what it was last time and only that but i don't have any of those hairs listed so i guess i'm wrong but its definitely a CAS item for sure because its never been cc clutter or anything like that. i only have around four mods in my game and they are poses and andrews pose player and lots so i'm assuming its not that. thank you for the help though. i will make sure to keep an eye out for any new updated lists of broken cc.
    i also forgot to add that i am able to start my game but it crashes every time on startup. this was the exact same way that it crashed the last time when it was due to maysims hairs. i'd say this is just proof that its a cc issue but maybe it could narrow things down because then i would be looking for cc that causes your game to crash on start up so if anyone has any idea let me know thank you. :)
  • buzz_infamousbuzz_infamous Posts: 814 Member
    i dont know where i have this content from and what this is, but it caused issues with 'change appearance' (or whatever it's called in english) option when clicking on a mirror : MissPuff_FIX_PlanOutfit_Mirror
    Origin ID: minimalcanary
  • SlyStarDustSlyStarDust Posts: 341 Member
    i dont know where i have this content from and what this is, but it caused issues with 'change appearance' (or whatever it's called in english) option when clicking on a mirror : MissPuff_FIX_PlanOutfit_Mirror

That was fixed according to their page at MTS. Link here: modthesims.info/d/563128
  • VageniusVagenius Posts: 487 Member
    This is not related to any cc specific because it is happening for all of my cc tables and chairs, they do not count towards filling a dining spot. The only chairs and tables that work are the ea/maxis ones. I'm not sure if it has something to do with the musical chairs fix or what but I can't complete any restaurant dining spot with anything but ea/maxis table and chairs.
  • FeyonaFeyona Posts: 145 Member
    @SimGuruModSquad I kept May sim hair just in case when I cleaned out my CC folder. Glad that I didn't delete it right away. Here is May_TS4_Hair88M.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/inn7jwvrf1bknvi/May_TS4_Hair88M.package?dl=0
  • catalina_45catalina_45 Posts: 359 Member
    Vagenius wrote: »
    This is not related to any cc specific because it is happening for all of my cc tables and chairs, they do not count towards filling a dining spot. The only chairs and tables that work are the ea/maxis ones. I'm not sure if it has something to do with the musical chairs fix or what but I can't complete any restaurant dining spot with anything but ea/maxis table and chairs.

Hello @Vagenius
    Me too... the same bug... everything has been happened after the last patch, before Dine out cames out. (sorry for my English)
    Words are soul's image
  • _orangemittens__orangemittens_ Posts: 512 Member
    MaySims is notorious for fiddling around with the resources in her .packages to stop people from making recolors of her items. The game tolerated this semi-breakage in the past, and we've updated Sims 4 Studio at least four times to accommodate the oddities she's come up with so the tool would be as forgiving as the game was. It sounds like the game may not be allowing certain .package deviations from the norm anymore. If that's the case, I'd be interested to know which of the unusual edits it is that's causing the problem so we can back our changes to Studio out.
    i just realized that i have so much maysims hairs in my game and retextures so i will list all the ones that i have down below and if anyone knows any problems with them like if they crash the game then could please let me know thank you.
    MAY_TS4_HAIR27G.package
    " " 30F
    " " 31M
    " " 38F
    " " 51M
    " " 52F
    " " 64M
    " "67M
    " "71F
    " "73F
    " "76F
    " "79F
    " "81F,G
    " "83C
    " "83M
    " "85F
    " "293F
    " "98F
    " "103_C
    " "108F
    " "111_F
    " "112_F
    " "113_F
    " "127M
    " "139B
    " "140F
    " "155F
    " "166F
    " "170F
    plus some misparaply retextures too. the last time my game crashed on start up it was due to mayhairs so let me know if you had encountered the same problem and what was causing it for you .
    i just realized that i have so much maysims hairs in my game and retextures so i will list all the ones that i have down below and if anyone knows any problems with them like if they crash the game then could please let me know thank you.
    MAY_TS4_HAIR27G.package
    " " 38F (retexture dani paradise)
    " " 30F
    " " 31M
    " " 38F
    " " 50F
    " " 02B
    " " 02M
    " "06G (retouching)
    " " 103F
    " " 121F
    " " 11G
    " " 14G
    " " 15B
    " " 15M
    " " 18F
    " " 18G
    " " 27G
    " " 27F
    " " 51M
    " " 52F
    " " 64M
    " "67M
    " "71F
    " "73F
    " "76F
    " "79F
    " "81F,G
    " "83C
    " "83M
    " "85F
    " "293F
    " "98F
    " "103_C
    " "108F
    " "111_F
    " "112_F
    " "113_F
    " "127M
    " "139B
    " "140F
    " "155F
    " "166F
    " "170F
    plus some misparaply retextures too. the last time my game crashed on start up it was due to mayhairs so let me know if you had encountered the same problem and what was causing it for you .

edited June 2016
    103 has just been fixed, so redownload that and see if it fixes the problem. As for missparaply, the one file that I had trouble with was her Parallel retexture. I'm not sure if it was due to the file being corrupted or what, but that particular file stopped me from loading the game. I haven't tried to redownload it though, so perhaps it was just a one-time issue. If you have that, see if it's also causing you problems. :)
    yeah i just noticed that a moent ago and deleted the corrupted version. i have some missparaply retextures of maysims too. they are : missparaply_cf_maysims06 , 11,16,14,43. i don't have the parallel retexture.