Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gnomes/Vampires - Not Related But a Question about Both

I didn't want to start two threads, so I figured I would just combine my questions into one.

1) Gnomes - how do I get them? I don't have any gnomes AT ALL in any of my saved games. None. I see pics and hear stories about all kinds of gnomes, but I can't seem to figure out what I'm supposed to do to get them in my games. I have Generations, Seasons, Late Night, and World Adventures EPs, shouldn't I at least have one type of gnome just because? Is there something I should be doing in order to get them?

2) Vampires - there are literally NO vampires in any of my games, either. I have Late Night, I know they are supposed to come with that game, but are they only in Bridgeport? Wouldn't they be in any of the other worlds now that I am playing with that EP? I am wondering if it's because I have a few NRaas mods in my game, do I need to do something in order to get vampires in my games now too?

I feel like I have the most boring games! LOL

Comments

• Options
    marstinsonmarstinson Posts: 367 Member
    As for #1, they just kind of randomly appear here and there. The game tells me that I've found them in backpacks, laundry hampers, WA tombs, dressers, and wherever. If you turn on cheats and then turn on buydebug, you can buy any that are available with the base game and your expansion packs in Buy mode. Frankly, I find them to be a bit of a pain since they kind of randomly move around your lot, so just sell them whenever they crop up.

As for #2 (and leaving the outhouse humor in the outhouse), I'll defer to someone who knows more about Late Night vampires. I started out with Supernatural where they are completely different.
  • Options
    HollyL73HollyL73 Posts: 1,452 Member
    marstinson wrote: »
    The game tells me that I've found them in backpacks, laundry hampers, WA tombs, dressers, and wherever.

How does the game tell you that? Do you get a popup or something? I've never seen anything like that before.
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    I believe finding magical gnomes is somewhat random, you can find them by doing laundry, exploring the cemetery, fishing, and a few other activities. Consider yourself lucky, I find them insanely creepy haha.

For vampires, try hanging out at a bar ( the vampire lounges), cemetery, or (the theater?) - not sure how true these are, just a few things I've heard. My bet goes to you building or placing a vampire lounge.
  • Options
    Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Trashmagic wrote: »
    I believe finding magical gnomes is somewhat random, you can find them by doing laundry, exploring the cemetery, fishing, and a few other activities. Consider yourself lucky, I find them insanely creepy haha.

For vampires, try hanging out at a bar ( the vampire lounges), cemetery, or (the theater?) - not sure how true these are, just a few things I've heard. My bet goes to you building or placing a vampire lounge.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The martial artist gnomes from China... Well, creepy gnomes are creepy. And disturbing. And did I mention how creepy they are?

For vampires, dive bars are my go-to place to find them usually. or work at the criminal career. Waylan's Haunt (or whatever it's called) is my preferred dive bar to meet people/vampires. The other clubs rarely seem to get anyone, even when they're the "hot spot". Also, just outside the theater in Bridgeport is another social hot spot. And remember, you're more likely to meet a vampire in the evening.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    I have the wishing well in my Sim's home lot and send them there to fish. They often catch gnomes.

Otherwise find out which activities produce particular gnomes and get the sims to do those things. A gnome will eventually appear.

This thread has been going for a few years now and people are still adding to it. It is full of information about gnomes including lively discussions about where to find them and other things about them. Some pictures are missing now due to it being moved across from the old Sims 3 forum but it is still useful.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/678757/mysterious-mr-gnome/p1

• Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited June 2016
    1. Here's a list of gnomes and how you get them:

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Mysterious_Mr._Gnome

Every trip to University gets me at least one graduation gnome. My gardening sims frequently get several Bucktooth Butternut gnomes appearing on the lot and getting in the way. The only Gnome of the Darned I've gotten was from the claw machine. Others have bought from the concession stand, showed up randomly on the lot, or were found in WA tombs.

edit: I've also gotten the Cracklin Nackerbell grome from the haunted house from Seasons, and the Laundry gnome from Ambitions. I didn't see the Mech gnome on the link. I think that's from ITF. You need to find 5 lama statue statues in either the crashed space ship or by dumpster diving and combine them to make the Mech gnome.

2. I don't get any occults in new games anymore, except for Moonlight Falls. I suspect it's one of the NRaas mods (StoryProgression perhaps) which I have installed, but don't really know. However I will see them in University, so I'm not sure what's up. You could manually turn some residents into vampires with MasterController (and the Cheats module probably) if you want more in your game.
    Post edited by TreyNutz on
  • Options
    SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    You only get vampires in other towns if you have story progression turned on, I'm not sure if it makes random vampires without supernatural, I've never played without both Late Night and Supernatural.
    If you have NRAAS story progression, you will need to get the appropriate personality module for it to make vampires other other life states.
    If you want a do it yourself method of adding vampires to town, you could consider alchemy, or NRAAS Master Controller (with cheat module) and go MC> intermediate> life state add.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited June 2016
    Under EA standard, some inactive human sims will occasionally turn into occults for no reason. Under NRaas StoryProgression, this does not happen. So, if you are using SP and playing a world that does not already have vampires as part of its starting out population, then you aren't likely to see any. But first, check the demographics of your world to make sure there really aren't any and they aren't just hiding in their houses (coffins) all the time.

On City Hall or an in-game computer, NRaas > MC > Demographics > Population > (X to dismiss the filter) and look at the occult breakdowns towards the end. Or try, again on City Hall/computer, NRaas > MC > Sim > Focus > (Filter to Occult Type) and see if any show up that way on whom you can focus the game camera.

There are several ways to bring occults into an existing world that has none.

- Create some yourself or add the occult state to existing sims using MC Cheats as mentioned.

- Foster some immigration. Under NRaas SP, the percent chance of occults immigrating in is 0 by default, so of course adjust that setting first.

For resident sims:
    NRaas > SP > General Options > Options:Lots > Options:Immigration/Emigration > Chance of Occult

For service and roommate NPCs:
    NRaas > SP > General Options > Options:Sims > Options:Immigration/Emigration > Replace Service Sims/NPC Roommates with Immigrants > (change to True to unlock the next one)
    NRaas > SP > General Options > Options:Sims > Options:Immigration/Emigration > Chance of Occult
    (SP Population add-on module required)

- Use the SP Personality add-on modules that each contain some element or method of inactive human sims being converted by story lines. Vampires and Slayers would be the relevant one here. I never use these myself, my games are chaotic enough without them.

Anyway, eventually the brought-in occults will breed with each other and with the resident human population so after a generation or two, there might well be vamps coming out of your ears where once there were none. :)

You may find eventually that you have too many and might consider adjusting the occult ratios in SP. These are soft caps and will not harm existing occults or affect the active household, but will prevent new ones from being born or immigrating in with an occult status if one's town is over the limit.
    NRaas > SP > General Options > Options:Sims > Town Occult Ratio > (default is 50 for each occult type)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    I have taken the extra step of un-checking the occult boxes in Options to prevent any of my unplayed Sims from turning into any occult type. This went a bit off the rails when I had a NRAAS mod that had fairies running around town turning all my human toddlers into fairies. I got rid of the mod as I was afraid the entire town would be populated by fairies when my current batch of toddlers aged up. I like to control who are occults in my towns.
  • Options
    Karritz wrote: »
    I have taken the extra step of un-checking the occult boxes in Options to prevent any of my unplayed Sims from turning into any occult type. This went a bit off the rails when I had a NRAAS mod that had fairies running around town turning all my human toddlers into fairies. I got rid of the mod as I was afraid the entire town would be populated by fairies when my current batch of toddlers aged up. I like to control who are occults in my towns.

That's the StoryProgression Fairies and Werewolves Personality add-on module. The extent to which those fairy conversions on babies (and toddlers I think) runs can be scary. It can be dialed back with options settings, but like you after trying it for the first time I removed that module and set over half the converted kids back to humans myself with MC.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Thanks for all the tips and links and help, guys! :) I will see what my occult numbers are when I go in game. I just feel like I used to have vampires running around in my older games, to the point where I was asking myself "why are there so many of them?" to having absolutely none anymore.

And the only gnome I've ever had is the Evil Mr. Gnome (which I guess comes with Seasons) but I saw him once in one lot and then never had another one again. So I guess I will have to try a little harder to get some gnomes. I've heard they can have babies and sometimes there will be a whole bunch in your yard. I want to be the crazy gnome lady!! :D LOL
  • Options
    igazor wrote: »
    Karritz wrote: »

That's the StoryProgression Fairies and Werewolves Personality add-on module. The extent to which those fairy conversions on babies (and toddlers I think) runs can be scary. It can be dialed back with options settings, but like you after trying it for the first time I removed that module and set over half the converted kids back to humans myself with MC.

I decided their wings were pretty colours so left them all as fairies. I may eventually convert them back to human if a sim makes a cure elixir or something. Besides they are all living in a world I'm not playing in at the moment so it is not a big deal - just so long as it stopped.
  • Options
    MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    edited June 2016
    Gnomes I can help you with as I have a massive gaggle of them in my current family.

Below examples offer a percentage chance of getting the gnome, if I know and only in my personal experience:

Vampires - You'll get one if you plant and grow plasma fruit - moderately rare.
    Mariner - You'll get one if your sim scuba dives a lot - rare.
    WA - Chance only of finding one in a tomb (or just stealing one from the museum as noted in the link above).
    'The bunny looking one' - You'll get one if you start a garden (I've never received one by egg seeking or noticed the woo-hooing thing).
    'The trogledite one' - Random, I've received one, but can't remember what I did to get it.
    'The laundry one' - You'll get one if you do laundry, pretty common.
    Magic Gnome Original - Random, can be got fishing or in the claw machine, common. - These are the gnomes that will have 'babies'.
    'The bot one' - By putting together all the pieces you find in tombs (Oasis Landing) (as far as I remember).
    Dog one - You'll be swimming in these if you have a dog, very common.
    Cat one - Much rarer in my experience, but you'll get one if you have a cat.
    Horse one - You'll get one if you have a horse.
    Freezer Bunny - Rare, I've only gotten one in the course of all of my playthroughs.
    The Ghost one - Rare, I've only got one after throwing a spooky day party (No cursed sims on the property).
    Summer and Winter Gnome - Chance to show up in their season, but it seems to increase your chances if you throw a party on the given season.
    'Rapper one' - I've never got one of these, but I'll assume they're related to LN as this is when they were brought out. Sorry.
    Evil Mr Gnome - Random, I've received one but don't remember what I did to achieve it. Sorry. Just showed up on the property.

Finally, the most important one:

The Education Gnome - You'll often find one in your text books etc at university. I say most important because this gnome single handedly deals with gnomes appearing in random locations and blocking your sims way to certain things. You'll notice if you have one of these, all of your family gnomes will crowd around it as though taking class lessons etc. If I have gnomes on my property, I will no longer do without one of these.

I'm sure there are some I've forgotten but hope this helps!

Vampires

If you don't have Supernatural, Vampires will only appear in Bridgeport. That's as far as I'm aware. I'm trying to remember way back when I got LN before Supernatural and I'm fairly certain that I started saving Bridgeport vampire families to my library and then adding them to other towns. If you have MC apparently you can create them without Supernatural, or perhaps the ability came in, in a patch, but otherwise you can't create vampires unless you have Supernatural.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    MiyuEmi wrote: »
    Gnomes I can help you with as I have a massive gaggle of them in my current family.

Below examples offer a percentage chance of getting the gnome, if I know and only in my personal experience:

Vampires - You'll get one if you plant and grow plasma fruit - moderately rare.
    Mariner - You'll get one if your sim scuba dives a lot - rare.
    WA - Chance only of finding one in a tomb (or just stealing one from the museum as noted in the link above).
    'The bunny looking one' - You'll get one if you start a garden (I've never received one by egg seeking or noticed the woo-hooing thing).
    'The trogledite one' - Random, I've received one, but can't remember what I did to get it.
    'The laundry one' - You'll get one if you do laundry, pretty common.
    Magic Gnome Original - Random, can be got fishing or in the claw machine, common. - These are the gnomes that will have 'babies'.
    'The bot one' - By putting together all the pieces you find in tombs (Oasis Landing) (as far as I remember).
    Dog one - You'll be swimming in these if you have a dog, very common.
    Cat one - Much rarer in my experience, but you'll get one if you have a cat.
    Horse one - You'll get one if you have a horse.
    Freezer Bunny - Rare, I've only gotten one in the course of all of my playthroughs.
    The Ghost one - Rare, I've only got one after throwing a spooky day party (No cursed sims on the property).
    Summer and Winter Gnome - Chance to show up in their season, but it seems to increase your chances if you throw a party on the given season.
    'Rapper one' - I've never got one of these, but I'll assume they're related to LN as this is when they were brought out. Sorry.
    Evil Mr Gnome - Random, I've received one but don't remember what I did to achieve it. Sorry. Just showed up on the property.

Finally, the most important one:

The Education Gnome - You'll often find one in your text books etc at university. I say most important because this gnome single handedly deals with gnomes appearing in random locations and blocking your sims way to certain things. You'll notice if you have one of these, all of your family gnomes will crowd around it as though taking class lessons etc. If I have gnomes on my property, I will no longer do without one of these.

I'm sure there are some I've forgotten but hope this helps!

Vampires

If you don't have Supernatural, Vampires will only appear in Bridgeport. That's as far as I'm aware. I'm trying to remember way back when I got LN before Supernatural and I'm fairly certain that I started saving Bridgeport vampire families to my library and then adding them to other towns. If you have MC apparently you can create them without Supernatural, or perhaps the ability came in, in a patch, but otherwise you can't create vampires unless you have Supernatural.

Vampire gnomes start appearing when you have a few plasma fruit plants producing plasma fruit in your garden.

Breeding and selling vampire gnomes is an excellent way to get wealthy fast - if your Sim is short of cash.

The way to breed vampire gnomes is to firstly have a garden and grow plasma fruit. Once you have a vampire gnome buy a lot of teddy bears and place them on your lot. The vampire gnomes will turn the teddy bears into vampire gnomes that you can sell. Teddy bear costs about 40 and Vampire Gnomes sell for about 1,000 so you can get rich selling them.

One issue with having vampire gnomes is they do occasionally turn your baby/toddler's teddy bear into a vampire gnome while baby/toddler is sleeping.

You'll know it's happened when you see this...
    Gnome005.jpg

Mariner Gnomes are occasionally found in treasure chests at dive spots. If you have the Collection Helper they will show up if you set it to find Seashells.

The three gnomes for the world adventures worlds can appear anywhere in those worlds. I once picked up one on a table in the market place in Shang Simla. And I often find the French in the grounds of the museum.

My Sims regularly find these WA gnomes in the wishing well at home.

The Gnome of Spring time loves your garden. He's a pink bunny. The easiest way I know to get him is to search for Easter eggs at the festival grounds. If you find enough special eggs you will get a gnome. Then they just start turning up until you are eventually overrun with them.

Mysterious Mr Gnome is found in the mailbox if you send metals off to be smelted. Sometimes you get a gnome instead of the smelted metal bar you were expecting. My sims also find them when fishing in the wishing well or fishing elsewhere - the come in a box the sim opens. They love the garden and hide there. They have baby gnomes and they age and die. When they die they leave a golden tombstone that can be sold or kept. Either way they are valuable as they are worth a lot to sell and 5 environment points if kept. Several other gnomes die and turn in to this gold tombstone as well - even though the tombstone looks like Mysterious Mr Gnome.

Gnomes that age and die and leave this gold tombstone that I can remember off the top of my head include Mysterious Mr Gnome, Gnome of the Darned (ghost), Mech Gnome from ITF, Vampire gnome.

There is a cheat that lets you see if your gnome ages and what life stage it is at. The ghost gnome changes colour as it ages.

I have found the ghost gnome in the claw machine several times. Once you have a ghost gnome your household will get lots of visiting ghosts.

I've never found a troglodyte gnome but apparently they can be found when dumpster diving. My sims rarely go dumpster diving.

The laundry gnome can be found in your inventory when getting clean clothes out of the dryer. It helps to have the more expensive washing machine and dryer. I forget exactly which one though. I think it is the bayside machine and dryer and the other cream coloured pair. All of this is in the link I gave you earlier in this thread.

If you have the washer and dryer they favour you can end up with lots of laundry gnomes.

Mech Gnome is constructed from parts you find by going into the crashed ship in the wasteland in Oasis Landing. They age and die and turn into tombstones so I tend to keep a few spare parts so I can make new ones as the old ones die - or I cheat and set their age back to toddler every so often.

I usually only have one dog gnome in my households with dogs.

I usually am inundated with freezer bunny gnomes in my households with dogs. They way to get the freezer bunny gnome is to have a dog with the noisy trait bark at the fridge. Once you have one (and it can take a while or happen quickly) the dogs tend to autonomously keep barking at the fridge and you get lots of these little pink gnomes. It's interesting to see what they are doing as they have lots of different accessories such as an ice cream, a lady bug and a llama. The fastest I've got one has been after my dog barked 3 times. Other times it has taken a few sim days.

I've never had a cat gnome. I think the cat has to freak out at the fridge but I've never worked out how to get my cat to do that and I rarely have a cat in my households so my chances of getting this gnome are slim. There is info on it in that above mentioned thread though.

Horse gnomes are easy to get and they can soon over run the lot. You have to have a horse and buy it a salt lick. When it has licked it's salt a few times a horse gnome will appear. It is supposed to be 60 🐸🐸🐸🐸 but I don't know if it needs to do it that often.

Summer and Winter gnomes just seem to turn up. I found a summer gnome in France once. I think to increase your chances of getting a winter gnome you need to have plenty space on your lot and make igloos, snow men and snow angles. I've got one or two this way.

Apparently the summer gnome likes bar-b-ques but I find they are a lot of work and rarely turn up.

This is the Summer Gnome I found in France and brought back to Sunlit Tides where it was snowing.
    Gnome004.jpg
    EDIT: I just noticed a stray Freezer Bunny gnome half hidden in the background of this pic.

I usually get the Cracklin Knackerbell Autumn gnome by sending a few Sims through the Haunted House at the Fall Festival. It can take a while but one of them will eventually get a gnome in their inventory.

Bingaloo is often found in the Wishing Well when I send my sims there to fish. They are not common though - although I often have 2 or more of them in a household.

The 3 gnomes that come with Show Time careers turn up if you have someone in one of those careers in your household. Or they come out of the wishing well. The singer gnome is great to have as most sims, depending on their traits, get a 24 hour +20 moodlet every day they have one of these gnomes on their lot.

I also often find the Showtime gnomes in the wishing well.

I rarely see Evil Mr Gnome. I don't remember how to get him to turn up but he is fun to have.

I've never had the Education gnome because I keep thinking I'll have to send a Sim to University one day.... it just hasn't happened yet. Except for one sim I sent for one term and never sent her back to finish her studies.

BTW: I get a notice when someone posts in my Mysterious Mr Gnome thread and someone has done that while I've been writing this so, even though it's an old thread people have not stopped posting in it and it is full of great info on Gnomes from lots of different people and how/where they find specific gnomes.

• Options
    MiyuEmi wrote: »
    Vampires

I'll have to call bunk on this. If your not running mods, vampires show up in any city so long as you have Late Night and have that population demographic checked in options. It's not an "only in bridgeport" thing. Although you may not notice them outside of Bridgeport. They appear rarer.... initially. And your less likely to encounter them at random if there's no bars. However, I had vampire co-workers when in the criminal career in Sunset Valley before I got Supernatural.

Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • Options
    MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    @Faerie197 I suppose it's because I run a story progression mod (as EA story progression is terrible). But am I right in saying that without Supernatural you cannot actually create a vampire, or did they bring this out in a patch?
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley
  • Options
    Your right about that. You can turn into a vampire without Supernatural, but new sims can't start as one.
  • Options
    I looked up the wiki link about gnomes and it seems like you have to have certain EPs in order for certain gnomes to appear. I won't have a dog, cat or horse gnome cause I don't have Pets. No laundry gnomes either, cause I guess you have to have Ambitions (even though I do laundry all the time, but I don't have the EP). Oh, well... I will keep trying to get the other ones I can have.

I put a few hangouts and bars in a couple of my saved games, so maybe I will start getting vampires again. I have my story progression set to accept occults, so hopefully I'll start seeing them again.
  • Options
    Just wanted to throw it out that I went in game and played one of my families earlier and found this gnome standing by my kids' bunk bed. Zoomed in cause I was so excited... :hushed: What.the.PLUM?!?!
    2ih9mhf.jpg
  • Options
    Well, Generations only provides one washer, one drier, and a clothsline I think. All of which are rather crappy quality. Ambitions adds a few more washers and driers of better quality. Also, others have mentioned the Nrass story progression mod skews the way vampires are spawned. Try without that mod for a while if you normally run it.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Faerie197 wrote: »
    Well, Generations only provides one washer, one drier, and a clothsline I think. All of which are rather crappy quality. Ambitions adds a few more washers and driers of better quality. Also, others have mentioned the Nrass story progression mod skews the way vampires are spawned. Try without that mod for a while if you normally run it.

There is a point to the way SP "skews" the spawnage of occults. You go to school or work one day and see your best friend, cousin, boss, whoever, and they are human as always. You go the next day and, for no particular reason, they are now an occult. Some players like the randomness, others do not.

The random way is EA's version of handling occult spawnage, or at least something it can be known to do when starting up a new game. With the NRaas version, there has to be a reason for the conversion, the occults must immigrate in, or they must be born to other occults, thus inheriting the life state. To many of us, this seems more realistic. Okay, maybe "realistic" is not the right word since this is all make-believe anyway, but for many of us it seems more logically satisfying for there to be a reason for a sim to be who they are.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member

There is a point to the way SP "skews" the spawnage of occults. You go to school or work one day and see your best friend, cousin, boss, whoever, and they are human as always. You go the next day and, for no particular reason, they are now an occult. Some players like the randomness, others do not.

The random way is EA's version of handling occult spawnage, or at least something it can be known to do when starting up a new game. With the NRaas version, there has to be a reason for the conversion, the occults must immigrate in, or they must be born to other occults, thus inheriting the life state. To many of us, this seems more realistic. Okay, maybe "realistic" is not the right word since this is all make-believe anyway, but for many of us it seems more logically satisfying for there to be a reason for a sim to be who they are.

So, there's no way to get NRaas SP to do an initial conversion of some residents to occults on a new game? Perhaps then I should decline to enable NRaas SP initially on a new game, just until EA's SP randomly converts some of the initial population to occults, then enable NRaas SP. NRaas SP won't remove occult status, will it?
  • Options
    TreyNutz wrote: »

So, there's no way to get NRaas SP to do an initial conversion of some residents to occults on a new game? Perhaps then I should decline to enable NRaas SP initially on a new game, just until EA's SP randomly converts some of the initial population to occults, then enable NRaas SP. NRaas SP won't remove occult status, will it?

No, it won't remove an occult status already in place. I'm trying really hard here, but cannot actually think of an objection to this strategy. SP does not have to be in place from the very start. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    HSmith2016 wrote: »
    Just wanted to throw it out that I went in game and played one of my families earlier and found this gnome standing by my kids' bunk bed. Zoomed in cause I was so excited... :hushed: What.the.PLUM?!?!
    2ih9mhf.jpg

If your sim wakes up and sees an evil gnome in the bedroom they can display some fun messages about the effect of unexpectedly seeing an evil gnome has on them.
  • Options

Thanks @igazor. That particular behaviour of EA Story Progression is the specific reason why I have all occults turned off in Options. I have lots of occults in my games but I choose who will start out as an occult and I love to wait and see what the baby of occult parents will be.

I still haven't played one for long enough yet to really work out if I have any hybrids. I probably don't.

I seem to move on to another world to play for a while before the toddlers age up and even have a few new babies in worlds I've left behind. But not to worry - I'll get back to them one day.

I think this game of mine is going to go on for a really long time now I'm using NRAAS Traveler mod to have Sims living in lots of different worlds in the same big game.