Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I thought she was my friend

Had a huge house party last night because the family was getting ready to move to a new town. We invited all our friends over so we could say goodbye. The party went was verging epic but one problem arose as everyone went home. The neighbor (mind you she was best friends with both my adult simmies) STOLE our baby!!!

My mama sim marched over there as soon as she realized the baby was gone (thankful for map tags) she yelled and argued with the neighbor until a fight broke out, then took her baby and went home.

Totally changed the family's perspective about moving though as now they can't wait to get out of Apaloosa Plains and make a fresh start in Aurora Skies.

Comments

• MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    If you ever see someone say they have to leave and their carrying your baby, just reset the baby and it will end up on the ground. This is a bug that's existed, as far as I'm aware, in some form or another since Sims 2 (when the babysitter could 'steal' your baby). Glad you got your baby back!
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    I know I've mentioned it before so sorry for repeating, but my sister had a burglar steal her baby when she was first learning to play. She wasn't sure how to get her sim's baby back. She had her chasing after the burglar and doing the "stop that" interaction. The burglar would stop for a moment but then continue running away. I think she finally quit without saving. She now knows that resetting is a sure way to get the baby back.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    When I play a lot of different households in a single game I often return to a household to find one or more babies or toddlers are missing. I have NRAAS mods and reset the sims on the lot by clicking on the roof of their house and so far I've always got them all back.
  • Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Wait, you people get babysitters who steal the baby? Odd, I get ones which ignore the baby in favor of the water slide in the back yard or watch TV while doing the absolute minimum possible.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    I've had that happen to a kitten, but not a baby.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    KevinL5275 wrote: »
    I've had that happen to a kitten, but not a baby.

I've had it happen to a baby - the babysitter was a good one too and had been looking after the baby very well for ages then one day he went home while holding the baby. Fortunately the baby was easy to get back in this case. I've read of lots of people losing babies to babysitters though.
    So, basically your babysitter one day said "Wait a minute, I'M the one raising this child, the parents are never home... Screw them, I'm taking my child home"?
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • FroggyKarenFroggyKaren Posts: 398 Member
    Oh wow I can see how this can get very bad especially if the person who steals your baby is not in the world. I was very lucky.
    ... Yeah, you were. I'm now glad I moved away from hiring babysitters. I now have one parent home at all times, or a plumbot with the Robonanny trait chip. Possibly both for newborns.
  • FroggyKarenFroggyKaren Posts: 398 Member
    "The Hand That Rocks the Cradle"...so creepy!