January 21: Today is patch day! 😃 To read the patch notes, click here!
January 15 - Is everyone ready for the Friday Highlights? Check them out here.
Welcome to all new Simmers joining us over the holiday season! 🎉 Have fun on the forum and please make sure you check out the forum rules and
the rules about necroposting.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

  • VoeilleVoeille Posts: 474 Member
    edited June 2016
    I also like the @HIFreeBirdIH’s building, especially the outside picture :)

    There is a thing about the lighting that concerns me though... The sunlight looks great and all, but the rooms are still dark overall. In real life rooms are pretty light when sunlight is visible like that, unless it’s nearly sunset and the sunlight inside is really delicate.
    “Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
    Pond & Sea Water Overhaul (TS2)
    Simblr (my TS2 CC)
    MTS Profile
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    @Cabelle1863 congrats on the new job! Hope you enjoy the new shinies. :)
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

    Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Allison18Allison18 Posts: 393 Member
    I still haven't opened the game since I updated, but I think I finally found a challenge I could live with; it's described here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=538452

    Read through this challenge and it sounds fun! I wasn't even aware there was a mentor aspiration reward that helped your kid sims learn skills faster. I'll be sure to get that for my family-oriented sims!

    @HIFreeBirdIH really stunning! Loving the new lighting update on your lot.
    ch_dadpost.gif
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 24,970 Member
    Well, I went ahead and did it. :) I treated myself to the stuff packs I don't have, as a reward for my new job. After a little over two years I now have a job for what I went back to school for. It means my game time will be limited, but overall I'm very happy and excited for the new opportunity.

    Good luck :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • VanGoslingVanGosling Posts: 82 Member
    Well, I went ahead and did it. :) I treated myself to the stuff packs I don't have, as a reward for my new job. After a little over two years I now have a job for what I went back to school for. It means my game time will be limited, but overall I'm very happy and excited for the new opportunity.

    Congrats on the new job @Cabelle1863 :)
  • ThrippaThrippa Posts: 675 Member
    @Cabelle1863 Congrats on the new job. Now you'll have money for the things you won't have time to do, instead of the other way around!

    Last night I started a new Sims 3 game, with a chef husband and an angler/gardener wife. (It was going to be the other way around, but the random sim in Create-a-sim looked enough like the lead character in 'Chef!' that I had to switch.) Assembled the characters of the couple (including Diva on the chef) with an eye towards earning some of the badges I'm still missing, placed them in Monte Vista, built the starter of the house, which has a final floor plan but not one that can be broken into smaller parts well, hit save. . . and hit the stupid power button on top of the computer with my foot (the computer is on the floor, and the button is not only not recessed, but actually raised) shutting the whole thing down before the save was done! :s

    Fortunately, the couple themselves were saved, so I only had to rebuild the house and re-recolor some of the added buildings - a bright red brick firehouse clashes with the gold and cream stuccos - and download the festival park, which I had somehow missed earlier. But I got that one saved, at least, and Chef up to third level in his job. He'll be dabbling into alchemy as well as cooking, and the wife will be mixing Street Art into her fishing and growing for her LTW. Meanwhile, my fifty-foals challenge is on the 33rd and 34th mares and galloping onward.
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    @Thrippa, what a bummer! Gah! Glad you got it restarted anyway. And 34 mares toward your challenge is awesome!

    @Allison18 I thought it sounded fun too! Which was rather miraculous since usually I can't think of a single fun thing to do in TS4. However it might all be for nothing! I realized last night that I won't have internet where I'll be staying (leaving on Wednesday I think) so I think that means I won't be able to play TS4. Because doesn't have to 'phone home' every time you start up the game?

    If so I guess I'll be playing TS3 or TS2 instead.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

    Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 12,323 Member
    Good to see you are alive @Sennie - so what you been up to? We haven't heard from you for a month, just wondered what all your news is? Are you excited about the new Dine Out pack?

    Today's the day... 7 hours to wait before I can download it. Of course, I have to buy it first :D

    I am looking forward to taking some kiddies out for crayoning and munchies :)
  • SennieSennie Posts: 2,708 Member
    edited June 2016
    Good to see you are alive @Sennie - so what you been up to? We haven't heard from you for a month, just wondered what all your news is? Are you excited about the new Dine Out pack?

    Today's the day... 7 hours to wait before I can download it. Of course, I have to buy it first :D

    I am looking forward to taking some kiddies out for crayoning and munchies :)

    Hi @elanorbreton :) it's good to see you again :) yes sorry I wasn't here, I had to get a lot sorted out with the car and other family things :)

    Haven't seen or heard much about Dine Out until recently but I am very excited about this pack :) !! It looks amazing, not to mention all the cool content we'll be getting with it :) do you have a favourite thing from Dine Out? I'm most excited about running a restaurant :)
    I'm going to be making a restaurant called Le Luxury, which I'll probably add on the Gallery over the next week :)

    And regarding me, well I'm still listening to Elvis' music :) and I've been busy writing, as well as tending to a few family things as well :) after I was here on May 11th I had a lot of emailing to do regarding the Senator (my Dad's car), but sadly it wasn't good news regarding the car. Considering it once looked like this.

    Originally the insurance company labelled the Senator as a category C write off, but it was later changed to category B which means the car can never be returned to the road :( at first I was very upset, after all this car was my favourite and we'd owned it for quite a long time. But I only had to go through the pictures I had taken and I could clearly see why it was a category b...
    The insurance company explained it to me, the other car hitting us caused the right front wing to smash inwards, as a result it caused the engine bay to shift to left, knocking the left wing outwards towards the road and bending the chassis as the picture below shows :(

    So the Senator was taken away to a scrapyard as a category B, meaning it will now be taken apart for spare parts for other Vauxhall Senators which was gutting :( this was the last time I saw the Senator, it's my last picture of it :(

    It's a shame because it was a really nice car :( but these things happen, and as I've said before, at least no one was hurt :) the insurance company paid out £1,600 for the Senator so we can buy a replacement car now :) it won't be a Senator, but I'll definitely make sure we get a classic again as well as hopefully buying myself Dine Out ;)

    As for me I've been doing really well :) I've been doing a lot of writing and this morning played the Sims again :) I thought the new update was pretty cool and I especially liked the new lighting, that was amazing :) but other than that I've just been listening to Elvis.
    I'm very excited to be back here again :) literally I only left before so I could sort out the business with the car, wasn't expecting it to be a category B write off but like I said, we're all fine so that's the main thing :)

    I hope you've been ok @elanorbreton :) is everything in life going well for you? Are you excited for the new game pack, have you brought it yet?

    Have a lovely day <3

    Matthew.
    Post edited by Sennie on
  • juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    Glad to see you alive @Sennie! all is well if it ends well, but that´s why I think we have to be very carefull with whatever private information we bring to the fórums and/or internet!
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

    I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • SennieSennie Posts: 2,708 Member
    junceda wrote: »
    Glad to see you alive @Sennie! all is well if it ends well, but that´s why I think we have to be very carefull with whatever private information we bring to the fórums and/or internet!

    So true, I'm going to be a lot more private about rl stuff now :)

    Matthew.
  • More_MooreMore_Moore Posts: 408 Member
    Sennie wrote: »
    Hi everyone :)

    If you read that I died this past week then please, please ignore it! It's not true, not a word of it! My Origin account was hacked, emails were changed and someone got access to my forum account :( what they posted is not true and as soon as I heard what had happened I came back here to get control of the account. I've been in talks with Bethelle and SimGuruDrake for the past few days now and they've been really helpful and have given me loads of support :)
    So I apologise if you've heard this news :(

    I now have security measures set up on my Origin account, so this will never ever happen again I'm pleased to say :)

    I have some news about what's been happening in my life but will update you all on that later on :) I have to send some messages first to the people who were tricked, so will be doing that for some time.

    I missed you all and hope that you are all doing well and are having a great day :)

    Oh and also, congratulations to you @Cabelle1863 :) that's great news about your job, and about buying yourself some stuff packs :) I'm so pleased for you :)

    Sending you all big hugs <3

    Matthew.

    Happy to see you're alive! I've had my account (not here, elsewhere) hacked a few times before so I know how it is. >: It's cool to finally meet you!

    Really excited for Dine Out. I can barely sleep. XD
    Simmer since day one. Owns every Expansion and extras. Even the console games. XD

    Feel free to chat me (I like games/RPGs, game dev, and animu/anime)
  • SennieSennie Posts: 2,708 Member
    More_Moore wrote: »
    Sennie wrote: »
    Hi everyone :)

    If you read that I died this past week then please, please ignore it! It's not true, not a word of it! My Origin account was hacked, emails were changed and someone got access to my forum account :( what they posted is not true and as soon as I heard what had happened I came back here to get control of the account. I've been in talks with Bethelle and SimGuruDrake for the past few days now and they've been really helpful and have given me loads of support :)
    So I apologise if you've heard this news :(

    I now have security measures set up on my Origin account, so this will never ever happen again I'm pleased to say :)

    I have some news about what's been happening in my life but will update you all on that later on :) I have to send some messages first to the people who were tricked, so will be doing that for some time.

    I missed you all and hope that you are all doing well and are having a great day :)

    Oh and also, congratulations to you @Cabelle1863 :) that's great news about your job, and about buying yourself some stuff packs :) I'm so pleased for you :)

    Sending you all big hugs <3

    Matthew.

    Happy to see you're alive! I've had my account (not here, elsewhere) hacked a few times before so I know how it is. >: It's cool to finally meet you!

    Really excited for Dine Out. I can barely sleep. XD

    Hello :)

    It's very nice to meet you as well :) I love your avatar. Yes having your account hacked is not very nice at all, an experience I don't want to go through again.

    Dine Out looks like one of the best game packs, so I'll definitely be getting that one :) it's exciting that it releases today, I can't wait to see everyone's pictures :)

    By the way, slightly off topic but the song in your signature, is that your voice? If it is, you have a lovely voice :)

    Have a wonderful day :)

    Matthew.
  • crystaldacitycrystaldacity Posts: 79 Member
    I do too think we need toddlers. And preteens since you can't make an 11 or 12 year old, aims 4 kids are too immature and teens are too tall.so toddlers and preeteens. Also,gurus can't say anything about future content. It's an ea rule. Sorry about my English I'm polish :)
    Hello! I'm Crystaldacity. I love the sims! <3
  • More_MooreMore_Moore Posts: 408 Member
    Sennie wrote: »
    More_Moore wrote: »
    Sennie wrote: »
    Hi everyone :)

    If you read that I died this past week then please, please ignore it! It's not true, not a word of it! My Origin account was hacked, emails were changed and someone got access to my forum account :( what they posted is not true and as soon as I heard what had happened I came back here to get control of the account. I've been in talks with Bethelle and SimGuruDrake for the past few days now and they've been really helpful and have given me loads of support :)
    So I apologise if you've heard this news :(

    I now have security measures set up on my Origin account, so this will never ever happen again I'm pleased to say :)

    I have some news about what's been happening in my life but will update you all on that later on :) I have to send some messages first to the people who were tricked, so will be doing that for some time.

    I missed you all and hope that you are all doing well and are having a great day :)

    Oh and also, congratulations to you @Cabelle1863 :) that's great news about your job, and about buying yourself some stuff packs :) I'm so pleased for you :)

    Sending you all big hugs <3

    Matthew.

    Happy to see you're alive! I've had my account (not here, elsewhere) hacked a few times before so I know how it is. >: It's cool to finally meet you!

    Really excited for Dine Out. I can barely sleep. XD

    Hello :)

    It's very nice to meet you as well :) I love your avatar. Yes having your account hacked is not very nice at all, an experience I don't want to go through again.

    Dine Out looks like one of the best game packs, so I'll definitely be getting that one :) it's exciting that it releases today, I can't wait to see everyone's pictures :)

    By the way, slightly off topic but the song in your signature, is that your voice? If it is, you have a lovely voice :)

    Have a wonderful day :)

    Matthew.

    I love my avatar too! He's the best <3 And yeah, once I had someone hack my accounts and use my Paypal as well >_> taking money from me. It was horrid.

    I've been aching for restaurants since TS2's. Was so disappointed that we didn't see them in TS3 and that was nothing but rabbit holes. >: So I can say, this GP has got me really excited. I hope to see what you make. I'm going to try to replicate my favorite IRL Hibachi Grill.

    And yes! That's me singing. >///< Thank you!

    You have a wonderful one too. And I know we all will with Dine Out coming out. lol
    Simmer since day one. Owns every Expansion and extras. Even the console games. XD

    Feel free to chat me (I like games/RPGs, game dev, and animu/anime)
  • SennieSennie Posts: 2,708 Member
    I feel like I've been asking for toddlers for hundreds of years, I still like to believe that they're currently being developed :) when they come to the Sims 4 I think it will be before a family expansion pack featuring pre-teens is released :) what interests me most is how we're almost halfway through 2016 already, so I assume this means we'll only get one expansion pack this year? Of course that doesn't bother me :) I'm happy with all the great stuff and game packs we've been getting :)

    I just hope the expansion is a family themed one as though the Sims 4 is getting better, we still don't have many family themed options :)

    Matthew.
  • MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,378 Member
    edited June 2016
    Wrong thread, sorry
  • crystaldacitycrystaldacity Posts: 79 Member
    i hope we get toddlers adn preteens so much!!! also, i dont want the preteens to be as tall as teens, or as short as kids, in the middle.
    Hello! I'm Crystaldacity. I love the sims! <3
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Aww @Sennie I'm very glad you are okay. At least you could see you are cared for around here :) *big cuddles*

    It's really sick what trolls get up to :'(

    After the lighting update I may use TS4 as a building simulator for a while *as live mode doesn't yet drag me in*. I'll let you know how I get on of I do :)
  • crystaldacitycrystaldacity Posts: 79 Member
    @sparkfairy1 i love your avi :D
    Hello! I'm Crystaldacity. I love the sims! <3
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    Glad to hear @Sennie is well :)

    I'm sooo excited for Dine Out. Prepare for a picture spam later! My dad is giving me the money as a sort of pre-birthday present (I only get money this year, because I'm so broke XD Sooo boring) and while getting the pay safe card, I found out they are hiring at the gas station that is directly next to my apartment. That would be an ideal job next to being a student, so Sims might have helped me get less broke XD.
  • MaddannaMaddanna Posts: 127 Member
    Reading the thread and came to awesome news, @Sennie! *Runs, jumps on and hugs* *uncontrollable happy sobbing*
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    @Sennie I am SO GLAD you are OK! I was really upset when I heard that you'd died. You are just one of the nicest people I have ever met over the Internet so I am glad you are still around to spread your brand of special joy. Which includes Elvis, of course. :D
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

    Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 12,323 Member
    @Sennie you might want to take those car pics down, or block the reg number off. Unscrupulous people can get personal details from a reg no.

    I've been on a 4 mile hike today around a nature reserve. Well, it was meant to be 4 miles... but we got lost :D So it was considerably more. I've been bitten, stung and scratched and my scalp under my hair got sunburned. But, since it took us so long to find our car again, I now only have an hour to wait until DO is ready to download. Oh yeah, I ought to go and buy it now or I won't be downloading it at all lol.

    I'm excited to make some different themed restaurants and take some families out to new locations. Since my sims are always pretty poor, I won't be able to own a restaurant for a very long time.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top