Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Writer's Hangout (The Original) A Place to Share Stories and Hangout!!

Comments

• Clairezy018Clairezy018 Posts: 980 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Jake_960 wrote:
    Could someone please read my Burns legacy? The links are in a couple of posts up.

I read and rec'd good job! Wow you are fast at getting updates out. Jeez I feel like I just reviewed your story yesterday. :D KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND REMEMBER WRITE IT FOR THE FANS THAT CARE! like me. ;)
  • Jake_960Jake_960 Posts: 334 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Thanks BlueChan :D

I'll give yours a read now :)
  • TheSeventhSinTheSeventhSin Posts: 92 New Member
    edited November 2009
    First off, thanks for making this thread. It's so much easier to find sims stories on the sims2 for some reason. Here we have all of those stories with the premade pictures, or ones that spew "pregnant teen!" all over the page and actually get recommendations. I'm a story writer too, and really only got veiws when my movie was featured, but few recommendations on my stories. I know that my stories are not going to be for everyone, but i feel that they are not getting to the people who would appreciate them.

It's good to get that out of my system, haha!

I clicked on your story, and i can tell you really thought it out from the first page. Let's see what you can do with these vampires! :)

-Seven
  • BlueChanBlueChan Posts: 1,600 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Jake_960 wrote:
    Thanks BlueChan :D

I'll give yours a read now :)
    You don't have to, I'm here to read quality stories, not advertise my own. :mrgreen:
    edited November 2009
    Thanks Clairezy, I love your legacy, keep it up!

BlueChan, I just read your first chapter, amazing!
  • I_am_beanI_am_bean Posts: 1,568 Member
    edited November 2009
    Here's the link to mine, I'm already going into the fourth chapter and hardly anyone has commented or rated it :?

http://justcallmebean.wordpress.com/2009/10/06/chapter-i-on-the-run/
    edited November 2009
    Vera wrote:
    I know what you guys mean. Not only is it frustrating to have your own creations buried under junk, but you have to dig through all the flame stories and such to find the good stuff! I wish they would clean up the site a little.

I checked out your story, Inner Universe. It looks like you put a lot of effort into it! I want to say that Chapter 2 is the most successful so far, for the shots and the gray story background thing. I'm not sure if it's just on my computer, but in Chapter 2, the white background with the black designs makes the black text a little difficult to read. I think it also takes attention away from the images, whereas in Chapter 2, the viewer's attention is drawn to the pictures instead of the background. Anyway, I hope this helps. :mrgreen:

If you're looking for a decent non-legacy story, you should check out Solace. It hasn't received many recommendations, particularly my most recent release, Episode 2. I have a website for it, though.

Here are some links:

Vera's My Page
    Solace: Episode I
    Solace: Episode II

Spark Stories
    Episode I : A New Beginning
    Episode II: The First Day

Let me know what you think! 8)

I love the story! I read it and hope you continue it!
    edited November 2009
    I_am_bean wrote:
    Here's the link to mine, I'm already going into the fourth chapter and hardly anyone has commented or rated it :?

http://justcallmebean.wordpress.com/2009/10/06/chapter-i-on-the-run/

I love it. It's good try networking with other blogs by adding them to your blog roll. I added you to mine!

@vera love your stuff. You know that already just thought I'd repeat myself.
    edited November 2009
    Thanks for the tip! I'm going to read your rotten legacy now...do you have a wordpress site for your stories?
    edited November 2009
    never mind, I found you....ty for commenting on my story!
    edited November 2009
    I_am_bean wrote:
    Thanks for the tip! I'm going to read your rotten legacy now...do you have a wordpress site for your stories?

Yeah here it is http://clairezy018.wordpress.com/
    I still upload my stories to the sims 3 but the links can be found on my wordpress.
  • TheSeventhSinTheSeventhSin Posts: 92 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Hey kids, i love this post, and am stalking all your stories!

Unfortunately, i'm not much of a legacy reader. :oops:

Swishstar, it's so cool that you made a websites to give more info about your stories! It's like you're really connecting with us readers. I'm definetly staying tuned. I'm anticipating the confrontation of the vampires and witches. My favorite character is the sarcasticly wonderful, Raya!

Vera, I am so curious about Solace! You set it up great, and can go so many places with it. Keep writing it, and i'll keep reading it!

vamp200080, i read the haunted prolouge and really like it! I must read the rest and see where you're taking this.

Bean, I'm glad the bully got hers. :) Very mysterious. I'll keep reading.
    edited November 2009
    Ty soo much for creating this thread! I love reading stories and its so hard to get yours noticed int the forums, within seconds its buried under rubbish...lol
    They should have a separate section on the for for "Stories" that way everyone could find these wonderful blogs more easily!
  • SwishStarSwishStar Posts: 392 New Member
    edited November 2009
    To all who have posted on this thread.

I am just so happy that this thread got the attention it needed. I read all the stories given out...and I just have to say, there are really good writers out in this site after all!

I enjoyed all of your stories (Legacies are funny, I luff them. And even the ones that were legacies, I enjoyed very, very much.)

So just a few little shout outs for a few of you that have posted:

Jake_960: I just love The Burns Legacy.
    Elijah! WHY! D: (I believe that was his name. xD)
    I like where it is going. More more more!! Don't stop!

Vera: Well, you already got my response. Don't stop writing! It is really good; well done!

typicalgemini: If you didn't already noticed, I booked marked most of your chapters because I want to read them over, and over, and over. Ahh! Its just so cool ^_^

Clairezy018: I voted your Legacy as my favorite (Sorry guys, I like all the others as well, but A Rotten Legacy takes the gold for this one.) I am waiting for more, and I can't wait to see what happens with Onion. <3

TheSeventhSin: I. Love. You.
    XD
    Well, you know what I mean. Thank you very much for your kind words. And yes. Raya happens to be one of my favorites, besides Nabil (o_O You will find out more about him, or if you did read the site xD You Already know who he is.)
    Don't stop reading.

And Finally:

I_am_bean: MEEP! Luff luff luff your story =D And yes. I kind of get annoyed when other things bump this thread down. =/ It should be viewed more, and people should read it. . .

edited November 2009
    :D this is turning into more of a writers' hangout :) I like it. Being surrounded by my own kind that is. WRITERS UNITE! :P
  • Mandy14Mandy14 Posts: 73 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I agree 100%!

I'm tired of all the pointless movies getting all the views!

I absolutely hate all those stories and movies with the pre made stuff! They didn't play the game then! :thumbdown:

I love to read legacys and stories!

Vera: I love your stories!! Abosolutely wonderful! :thumbup:

SwishStar: I'm going to look at your's next! :)
    edited November 2009
    I read several of your stories!

I absolutely loved the Rotten Legacy - Whens the next chapter, I want to see what happens with Onion and Darleen!!

Solace = love the story, I can't wait to find out whats in the attic!

Take Me Away = love the Drama in your story! I hope that Stephanie didn't get pregnant from that sleaze ball Steve

edited November 2009
    Bump! Other simmers need to read these blogs! They are to amazing to just have this thread buried!
  • VeraVera Posts: 218 New Member
    edited November 2009
    SwishStar wrote:
    Vera...I am just in love with your story.
    I love the way you did it! And the school, the background. The effects! You need to give me some advice on the effects that you did. Completely dying to read more! If there is anymore.

If you could tell me how you did those effects, I would greatly appreciate it.

Also, it gives me sort of a movie/anime/manga feel. Which I love. Chapter 3 will be out tomorrow, by the way. So keep an eye out.

And I'll fix chapter 1 back ground so it can be easier to read.

Once again, I just love Solace. I haven't read the other stuff, though. But I will now.

P.S. Your story is the best read I have seen on this site, when it comes to fantasy.
    The best Legacy has to be "A Rotten Legacy" By Clairezy018

Are you going to continue Solace?
    Thank you for your comments! =)

I have been thinking about creating a new post discussing the steps I take along with tips and tricks for story creation. Now that there’s an interest, I’ll try to work on it. The effects are actually fairly simple using Adobe Photoshop.

I’ll have to check out that legacy and your next chapter!

I’m definitely going to continue Solace. I only have time to update once a week, though. Eventually, I plan on adding other stories to my site. The World Adventures expansion and the World Creator Tool will open up some interesting possibilities.
    I_am_bean wrote:
    I love the story! I read it and hope you continue it!
    Thank you! I'll definitely continue it. I have big plans... BUAHAHA!
    Vera, I am so curious about Solace! You set it up great, and can go so many places with it. Keep writing it, and i'll keep reading it!
    Glad you're enjoying it. I have a lot of back story that I'll slowly reveal, like the history behind her grandma's attic and such. And with the end of the second episode, it really does have so many places I could go with the story. I'm having a lot of fun with it. :mrgreen:

Sorry about the long post. :shock: This is a great thread! 8) Now I'm behind on my reading...
    edited November 2009
    I_am_bean wrote:
    I read several of your stories!

I absolutely loved the Rotten Legacy - Whens the next chapter, I want to see what happens with Onion and Darleen!!

Solace = love the story, I can't wait to find out whats in the attic!

Take Me Away = love the Drama in your story! I hope that Stephanie didn't get pregnant from that sleaze ball Steve

thanks ;) love yours too. The next chapter should be out soon. hopefully tursday or friday.

Ha I've read so many stories today it's hard to keep them all straight.
    edited November 2009
    *thread is bookmarked and have added you all to my blog roll*

I just posted Chapter Four...Five will be up in a few days...ran out of photos, right now its time to go simming :wink: .
    edited November 2009
    I_am_bean wrote:
    *thread is bookmarked and have added you all to my blog roll*

I just posted Chapter Four...Five will be up in a few days...ran out of photos, right now its time to go simming :wink: .

Bean! 8D I LUFF YOUR STORY! lol.

Aweee! Amelia and Rowan seem to be getting along! ^_^ I can’t wait for more!

And I just have to say, Chloe is beautiful O.O

We should all bump the thread so it gets on the first page. lol.
    =D This is like a writers hangout.
    I check it everyday.
    omg. Chapter 3 will be uploaded today guys O_O
    I hope you all like it =D

I'll post it here when I upload it. ^_^
    edited November 2009
    I love finding new stories to read :mrgreen:

Chapter 5 should be out sometime this week, hopefully. I was dead chuffed at the 11 or so recs I got on Chapter 4- it dosent sound a lot but its the most (i think) i've got.
    edited November 2009
    http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=122894

chapter 3 guys! ^_^
    Hope you like!
    tell me what you think.
    edited November 2009
    O: Jake and I were the only ones to post today. How strange.

btw Jake: Looking forward to it ^_^