Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    @Lebanna - I'm confused over costings too, have just added up my walk in closet individually and it comes to just under 8k, but in the room upload section, it's over 10k! Bizarre :confused:
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    @Lebanna - I'm confused over costings too, have just added up my walk in closet individually and it comes to just under 8k, but in the room upload section, it's over 10k! Bizarre :confused:

Glad I'm not the only one XD

I just placed the lot in managed world again. Without a Sim.
    Costs says: 160k something.
    I add a sim with the free real estate cheat. Give her exactly 95,000 after she has moved in.
    Place the rooms I created again.
    she still has 3k left (YAAY!)

I look at property value in the top bar. 155k? How did it decrease!?

Uploaded to the library it says 249,792. Which is just within budget, so that's alright.
    But I'm confused why it says it's only 155k in build mode.

Oh well. Gallery says I'm within budget.
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
    Lebanna wrote: »
    Glad I'm not the only one XD

I just placed the lot in managed world again. Without a Sim.
    Costs says: 160k something.
    I add a sim with the free real estate cheat. Give her exactly 95,000 after she has moved in.
    Place the rooms I created again.
    she still has 3k left (YAAY!)

I look at property value in the top bar. 155k? How did it decrease!?

Uploaded to the library it says 249,792. Which is just within budget, so that's alright.
    But I'm confused why it says it's only 155k in build mode.

Oh well. Gallery says I'm within budget.

Long as the gallery says you're in budget, you're good to go :smiley:
  • smashleecsmashleec Posts: 79 Member
    Okay, question, Do we get to use all floors for this one person? She is buying the entire build?
    My Stuff:
    Youtube
    Tumblr
    Origin Id: smashleesim
    Oh, and it says the shell of the apartment uses only the base game, but can we use all the expansions inside??
    My Stuff:
    Youtube
    Tumblr
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    smashleec wrote: »
    Okay, question, Do we get to use all floors for this one person? She is buying the entire build?
    Oh, and it says the shell of the apartment uses only the base game, but can we use all the expansions inside??

@smashleec , the challenge to is to turn the unoccupied space on the top-most floor of the apartment building into a two-bedroom, two-bathroom apartment, meeting all the requirements of the challenge. The apartment building was built with base game materials so that anyone can download the lot and enter the challenge. You may use whatever expansion packs, game packs, stuff packs and custom content you choose. (If you use custom content, be sure to credit the makers on the entry form.) We are looking forward to seeing what you can come up with! :smiley:
    GArBA5W.jpg
    The sims gallery was acting a little crazy so while I was waiting for it to stop being crazy I decided to make Ute Wagner!!

SIM: h t t p s : //www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/FCBEF06D267311E6817152EB898A7C17?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=BnS45&max=50&maxis=false

SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: I am not sure how to make a slideshow? If someone could tell me how??

ENTRY DETAILS: Ute is very ambitious and enjoys being in the inner circle of the coolest sims. She has worked very hard for her money so she loves the finer things in life and enjoys spending her Simoleans! She has also worked to keep her supermodel body so she enjoys showing it off in tight/short clothing.
    My Stuff:
    Youtube
    Tumblr
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    @smashleec , your version of Ute Wagner is great! To create a slideshow, you might want to take pictures of her in her various outfits in Create-a-Sim and then more images of her enjoying her new apartment. Upload the images to an album at a site like Imgur, Photobucket or Tinypics and then link the slideshow of the album in your entry. Hope this helps! :smile:
    The sims gallery was acting a little crazy so while I was waiting for it to stop being crazy I decided to make Ute Wagner!!

SIM: h t t p s : //www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/FCBEF06D267311E6817152EB898A7C17?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=BnS45&max=50&maxis=false

SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: I am not sure how to make a slideshow? If someone could tell me how??

ENTRY DETAILS: Ute is very ambitious and enjoys being in the inner circle of the coolest sims. She has worked very hard for her money so she loves the finer things in life and enjoys spending her Simoleans! She has also worked to keep her supermodel body so she enjoys showing it off in tight/short clothing.

I figured out how to make an album with picture of her

h t t p : / /tinypic.com/m/jfjndg/1
    My Stuff:
    Youtube
    Tumblr
    Wow!!!! So I had the lot all made and I took screenshots and uploaded them and THEN MY GAME CRASHED. I didn't get to save my entry!!!!! So, I might try to make a new entry for this challenge, but I think I might just wait till the next challenge. I still want you guys to take a look at my entry though and I would love and tips or constructive criticism based on what you can see in the pics. There was also a 2nd bedroom with an ensuite bathroom but I didn't get to take pictures. I made a very long dining table so that Ute could have big parties :)

h t t p : //tinypic.com/m/jfjnfs/1
    My Stuff:
    Youtube
    Tumblr
    ATTENTION ESTABLISHED ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #44 - ONE FOR THE BRONIES

Your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    ATTENTION EXPERT ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #44 - THIS ONE'S FOR THE BRONIES

Your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Wow!!!! So I had the lot all made and I took screenshots and uploaded them and THEN MY GAME CRASHED. I didn't get to save my entry!!!!! So, I might try to make a new entry for this challenge, but I think I might just wait till the next challenge. I still want you guys to take a look at my entry though and I would love and tips or constructive criticism based on what you can see in the pics. There was also a 2nd bedroom with an ensuite bathroom but I didn't get to take pictures. I made a very long dining table so that Ute could have big parties :)

h t t p : //tinypic.com/m/jfjnfs/1

Oh no!! That sucks!

• popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    edited June 2016
    Hi @BuildnShare , am I right to say that the exterior of the apartment can't be touched at all? Even repainted? It has to be left just as it is? And no landscaping can be changed?

Also, do I need to keep the griund floor gym and pool intact or can i change or delete it?

Sorry about all the questions:)
    Post edited by popettypop2012 on
    Hi @BuildnShare , am I right to say that the exterior of the apartment can't be touched at all? Even repainted? It has to be left just as it is? And no landscaping can be changed?

Also, do I need to keep the griund floor gym and pool intact or can i change or delete it?

Sorry about all the questions:)

You are correct, @popettypop2012 , the exterior. landscaping and common areas should be left unchanged. The challenge is to design the apartment space on the top floor, and your entry should showcase the interior of the apartment (as well as the two balconies) and not the rest of the building or landscaping. :smiley:
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Remind myself... Enter BnS45... It's all done, just upload the screenshots (Will do tomorrow)

I'm decorating the apartment at the moment and didn't realise how BIG it is. After fitting in all the necessary stuff there is still so much space and my budget is less than half.
    @Lebanna - remember to enter BnS45 :tongue::wink:
    edited June 2016
    CHALLENGE #: 45 - Pied à terre
    FORUM ID:popettypop2012
    ORIGIN ID:popettypop2012
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT:Pied à terre BnS45
    Gallery Link: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/59E954372CEA11E686DD3F3C9DAB756E?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=popettypop2012&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 92,289
    BUILD COST: 157,990
    TOTAL COST: 250,279
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s373.photobucket.com/user/cillaben/slideshow/Pied a terre
    ENTRY DETAILS: Sorry @BuildnShare but I made a mistake an decorated the 3rd level and not the penthouse. By the time I realised it, it was too late. There is no way I could start and redo everything again at the top level. I hope that's okay:)
    Sorry @BuildnShare but I made a mistake an decorated the 3rd level and not the penthouse. By the time I realised it, it was too late. There is no way I could start and redo everything again at the top level. I hope that's okay:)

I had the same thing! Though I saved every room to the library, and placed those on the top floor :D

edited June 2016
    CHALLENGE #: 45 - Pied à terre
    FORUM ID: Lebanna
    ORIGIN ID: Annabelli22
    LEVEL: Established (normally Expert, but I'm a bit out of it, you can change me)
    LOT: Build 'n Share 45 - Entry
    Gallery Link: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/3575B4AB2DB111E687E9782A5866B965?category=lots&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=BnS45&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 3000
    BUILD COST: 252.812 (Gallery value)
    TOTAL COST: 255.812
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s125.photobucket.com/user/Bel-Anna/slideshow/Sims/Build n share 45 - Pied a terre?sort=9
    ENTRY DETAILS: Modern cozy apartment, that is by no means small. This apartment is meant to host and entertain. 2 bedrooms, 2 bathroom, a walk in closet, office and 2 balconies. Where ever the sun shines, you can sit outside.
    Post edited by Lebanna on

I need to reorder the screenshots still.. but it keeps reverting back to it's old order. I don't get it...

• Don_OelloDon_Oello Posts: 269 Member
    @Lebanna same issue, what i do is after making the screenshots naming them and put them a new folder and when i upload them to photobucket sort by filename and click on the 1st picture and give them all the same titles as in my folder.
    mh0CjH8.png
    Check out my showcase
    Don_Oello wrote: »
    @Lebanna same issue, what i do is after making the screenshots naming them and put them a new folder and when i upload them to photobucket sort by filename and click on the 1st picture and give them all the same titles as in my folder.

Yes! that seemed to do the trick :D Thanks!

Good afternoon all, challenge #45 is now closed, and challenge #46 will be posted shortly. :smiley:
    GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top