Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• VoeilleVoeille Posts: 474 Member
    @Horrorgirl6
    What are your screenshot settings? It’d be nicer to see bigger pictures :)
    “Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
    Pond & Sea Water Overhaul (TS2)
    Simblr (my TS2 CC)
    MTS Profile
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    Voeille wrote: »
    @Horrorgirl6
    What are your screenshot settings? It’d be nicer to see bigger pictures :)

I just realize today I have them in sims 2 . So next time, i'm going to edit them to get bigger pictures.
  • simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    This forum use to be so fumn to me . And it breaks my heart people are fighting.

Change is hard to get used to for many people.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    Okay, so I finished a build, finally, and I'll probably have it tested, uploaded, and post screenshots on here with the new lighting. I think you guys will like it!
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    Hi everyone, I have an all-equal-answer-toddler poll that you vote on.
    If you can vote, that will be great. One time vote only.

http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=5752f93de4b00996e5ce0a67

I voted
    No friends requests, please.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Seems like with the recent patch, children can now have nightmares. I haven't caught a picture of it myself yet. Anyway, I'll try to write a proposal for toddlers today and see what Gurus think of it. Hopefully I don't overwhelm them with it, but I'll try to have it written out in word or something.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • VanGoslingVanGosling Posts: 82 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Seems like with the recent patch, children can now have nightmares. I haven't caught a picture of it myself yet. Anyway, I'll try to write a proposal for toddlers today and see what Gurus think of it. Hopefully I don't overwhelm them with it, but I'll try to have it written out in word or something.

Nightmares? This sounds interesting, if I get to play the Sims 4 later then I will try and see if one of my child Sims has a nightmare. I'm glad children are getting new features and options in the Sims 4. In TS3 they seemed to have nothing to do except go to school and be rebellious, so it's nice to see them getting a lot of new things in the Sims 4. I wonder if parents can comfort children who have nightmares? When I find out I'll let you know.
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @HIFreeBirdIH look forward to seeing it :)

Nightmares? That's cool :)
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    Awww... wouldn't it be cool if they woke from their nightmares and had to go and squish in the middle of mum and dad in their bed?!
    Awww... wouldn't it be cool if they woke from their nightmares and had to go and squish in the middle of mum and dad in their bed?!

That would be so darned cute...
    bekkasan wrote: »
    The nightmares are probably remnants of memories from their days as babies stuck in the bassinet and then suddenly out of nowhere being warped into kids and bypassing that all important toddlerhood. That IS nightmarish. :lol: Sorry...couldn't resist. :grin:

PS: I voted!

Lol!! :D so funny.
  • SprayleemaeSprayleemae Posts: 1 New Member
    Does anyone know if toddlers are FOR SURE coming back?? If so, how long will it take approximately..? Life in the sims isn't the same without our beloved diaper crappers :'(
  • MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    There is nothing 'for sure' about toddlers coming back. Just a lot of people hoping and speculating... we've been told nothing. EAMaxis won't comment one way or another.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Allison18Allison18 Posts: 399 Member
    Seems like with the recent patch, children can now have nightmares. I haven't caught a picture of it myself yet.

The only thing I've seen related to nightmares so far is that the child will wake up, sit up really quickly looking startled, and look around the room. Sometimes I listen to music while playing the game but I'm pretty sure when I've had the sound on, they yelp and breathe deeply. Not sure though! I've noticed that this animation only seemed to occur when the sim was waking up for the day, not spontaneously through the night, although I'm not always watching them!

The last time I commented on this thread was probably about 1000 pages ago, no exaggeration. Glad to see it is alive and well!
    ch_dadpost.gif
  • alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    So I decided. Im still into both games currently. But I decided to go with my original plan and get the sims 3 things I had planned to get before the new patch came out for 4. So I might be playing new saves and continueing old saves in the sims 3 once I get the things I want. After that I dont know whats next. Probably buying Dine out. For right now I feel like the sims 3 is calling me more and I think Im going to focus on new content for it for awhile anyway.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    That's gorgeous, @HIFreeBirdIH, absolutely gorgeous! <3 It would be an artist's paradise with all the beautiful light.

Amazon is having a sale on the Sims 4 packs right now, even the stuff packs. I'm so tempted because there are a couple of stuff packs that I think I'd like to have in my game, Movie Hangout Stuff & Romantic Garden Stuff. I do like the little touches that make my sims's worlds a little bit more well rounded.
    That's gorgeous, HIFreeBirdIH, absolutely gorgeous! <3 It would be an artist's paradise with all the beautiful light.

Amazon is having a sale on the Sims 4 packs right now, even the stuff packs. I'm so tempted because there are a couple of stuff packs that I think I'd like to have in my game, Movie Hangout Stuff & Romantic Garden Stuff. I do like the little touches that make my sims's worlds a little bit more well rounded.

Thank you! I am considering getting one or two stuff packs from Amazon, Romantic Garden and Movie Hangout, and I know that I would make so many more Sims too with the patch. I'd probably run out of livable space if I keep making them.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
    I know what you mean about the "run out of livable space." I already run out too quickly. Along with toddlers being a big deal to me, it's also important to my family play preferences to have enough space. I really hope that they will be able to do something to increase the size of our worlds, or give us more worlds. And a world edit, so that I could have different backgrounds in the worlds. My family play preferences entails a large world with lots of families and sims from all different backgrounds.
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @HIFreeBirdIH it's gorgeous-great work! :)

Thanks for the tip @Cabelle1863 :) I'm still waiting for tots but it's nice to know there are offers available to those who may be able to take advantage of them :)

I hope if any of you do that you'll share your experiences :)
    I know what you mean about the "run out of livable space." I already run out too quickly. Along with toddlers being a big deal to me, it's also important to my family play preferences to have enough space. I really hope that they will be able to do something to increase the size of our worlds, or give us more worlds. And a world edit, so that I could have different backgrounds in the worlds. My family play preferences entails a large world with lots of families and sims from all different backgrounds.

I really want to see them add in another free world with 64x64 lots for us to build on without needing GT, also being empty. I want the world to be different from the one's we have now, where we can experiment with new styles of buildings and not have to worry about fitting it in, although, I'm not really one to talk about fitting builds in.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • MaddannaMaddanna Posts: 127 Member
    So I finally finished my build and tested it. Red Herring Apartments is up on the gallery! I'll spare you all the screenshots, but here are some of my favorites.
    tcVQUM9.png
    oHt2Cb0.png
    m1ps87q.png
    9O95obl.png
    What do you guys think?

They should make an apartment EP or GP to go with this. It's gorgeous btw. I think an apartment expansion would suit TS4 so well, since you can't put too many families in with the lack of space in the communities.
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    That's a beautiful house, @HIFreeBirdIH. The indoor shots with the sunlight streaming in look very pretty.

I still haven't opened the game since I updated, but I think I finally found a challenge I could live with; it's described here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=538452

I'm going to be away from home for about a week so I might wait until then since I only have TS4 on my laptop anyway. Any how I hope everyone is having/has had a good weekend. :)
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
    Well, I went ahead and did it. :) I treated myself to the stuff packs I don't have, as a reward for my new job. After a little over two years I now have a job for what I went back to school for. It means my game time will be limited, but overall I'm very happy and excited for the new opportunity.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top