Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How does your house look?

191011121315...Next

Comments

• soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member

Your WIP is coming along beautifully @Sindocat . Very entertaining walk through :smile:
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    Your WIP is coming along beautifully @Sindocat . Very entertaining walk through :smile:

It's quite finished. :) Everything worked as intended, but I made a few adjustments here and there - mostly matching door and window frames to the trim in the rooms they connected.

For any interested, it's in my studio on the exchange as "Upmarket Abbey", here.
  • KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    Wow, that is stunning @Sindocat! That spire especially...

I'm curious about the greenhouse, did you put down a flat roof or floor before placing the greenhouse roof pieces? I've found that plants inside will go dormant without the roof added, so it might be the same for a vampire's delicate skin. The roof pieces make the floor transparent when you place them, so it still looks the same.
    In fact I merely built walls to the outline of the roof pieces, and placed the greenhouse roof above them instead of flooring/flat roofing. I will make the experiment, however, and see if roofing it allows him to use it in daytime without penalty. Thanks for the tip. :) He's making progress in Alchemy but has yet to discover Vampiric Sunscreen yet. :D
  • SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    @Sindocat Thank you for reviving this! ^-^ And what a magnificent build!!!!! ^-^ And yay! When I get home, I'll definitely give it a download! ^-^
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    edited June 2016
    I must say that I absolutely luuuuurrrrvvveee threads like this; it really gets my creative juices flowing. I do love building/decorating and reading through this thread, I've definitely picked up some good tips that I'm going to use moving forward, especially, building the entire exterior, even landscaping (eek!) before moving inside.

I still have difficulties with landscaping, window placement (weird, I know!), and sometimes decorating - even though I love it - throws me (is it too matchy-matchy, too many patterns, etc.).

I'll stop rambling and I'll share some pics:

This is my most recent build:

Screenshot-267_zpsww204cc0.jpg

A build I did awhile back:

8b5998dd-7652-41d6-9270-6180c0dfbcf9.jpg

Some of my favorite interior shots of houses I've built over the years:

Screenshot-265_zpshvpvmzdg.jpg

Screenshot-230_zpsxoxmtki0.jpg

d720aceb-19a0-49e0-b476-e072f02d90bc.jpg

7b62627f-baf6-4368-97c6-6326606aeda0.jpg

de3ecb1a-67c2-48a6-a726-8a04ec4b8da7.jpg

c3382bb4-45bd-4a79-b084-6efe9ecd47e7.jpg

Screenshot-2714.jpg

0c645a3e-1312-49c5-bb12-ddee6574916d_zpsprojmh8u.jpg

aricarai wrote: »

Oh my goodness, I LOVE this for like an art studio type home! LOVE IT! May I ask where you got that fence/wall thing?
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    aricarai wrote: »

Oh my goodness, I LOVE this for like an art studio type home! LOVE IT! May I ask where you got that fence/wall thing?

Aww thank you - I built that little studio house about two and a half years ago for a contest I was hosting in Gift Gathering. I *think* it's a fence from Late Night.
    Ohhhhhhh, I have Late Night! Now I need to go see if I have that fence. XD
    @Sindocat Sadly, I don't have four of the main things needed for it to work. :( Island Paradise, Town Life, Fast Lane, or Movie Stuff. V.V
    If you have Supernatural and the Store pieces, it will probably work fine. :) None of the 4 packs you mention are essential.
  • Nora_675Nora_675 Posts: 65 Member
    Hey,

I hope you don't mind me sharing this in here. This build has been such a long time in the making; it starting off ridiculously big and just spawned error code 12 messages all the time. However after much revision it's finally playable, finished and up for download!

0173c158-1269-4bbe-a7d5-e19f78606c45_zps7ad1y3kq.jpg

The20Mural20Hall_zps2uig5hnc.jpg

The20Gilded20Library_zps4w1zotow.jpg

The20Dining20Room_zps6curfsm8.jpg
    @Nora_675 Ohhhh, it's beautiful! Much like your profile picture. ^-^ Though might I ask if you have a download link?

Hi SilentWorlf101, thank you! Not sure my profile picture is that great, been thinking of changing it as it's just my avi from the old forums. Keep thinking I'd like to try something cool like yours and so many others but I'm such a dunce with photoshop.

Anyway... the you can find the download here: Teach Conchobair
    Hehe, I simply found the image on Google. What I like is the "old" feel to it, like its a photo of a great grandparent.
    I never thought of that! Ha, yes I suppose it does. I was just trying to make my simself look less cartoony!
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member

My sims currently live in a house in Cape Garner Islands that I have remodeled.

Original house called Rustic Charmer (or something like that) created by Johnnywr:
    5xJ5VQz.jpg
    kNwNlJ1.jpg

My version:
    AivOfaY.jpg
    Vz4O2LB.jpg
    QM0n6mq.jpg
    wz83eZx.jpg

Cape Garner Islands is a beautiful world, as is, but I can't help "fixing" it to my tastes.