Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA has turned out the sims 4

Comments

• Options
    sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    i really wish naughty dog would make the next sims game.. the company that makes uncharted..
  • Options
    Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »

I'm really trying to understand. You created a thread not so long ago that you'd welcome a unisex CAS because you wanted an Afro style to create Bob Ross. What happened between then and now?
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/887059/we-need-a-lush-glorious-afro-for-males-ea/p1

create your own gender, male on male and female on female pregnancies, standing up peeing and sitting down peeing. That's what happened.

SO. Do. Not. Use. Them. So so so so simple.
  • Options
    CapraCorn104CapraCorn104 Posts: 1,184 Member

I'm really trying to understand. You created a thread not so long ago that you'd welcome a unisex CAS because you wanted an Afro style to create Bob Ross. What happened between then and now?
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/887059/we-need-a-lush-glorious-afro-for-males-ea/p1

create your own gender, male on male and female on female pregnancies, standing up peeing and sitting down peeing. That's what happened.
    But it's not creating your own gender when these genders literally exist in real life.
    All that happened is that they put it into the game.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    i really wish naughty dog would make the next sims game.. the company that makes uncharted..

They are not a company, they are a studio owned by Sony Entertainment. And if that decision is based solely on this update than no. Also, I don't think they would have any experience with this community's players or a life simulator much less a sims game.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    NoogsterNoogster Posts: 627 Member

But it's not creating your own gender when these genders literally exist in real life.
    All that happened is that they put it into the game.

Once it touches their game they have problems with it, it seems. Oh well, more options for those who want them. :)
  • Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member

What a tragedy. I may not know anything about you, but since you say you've been through a lot, why are you so adamant in causing pain onto others? We have told you numerous times that your comments are hurtful, please understand even if you don't agree. How would you feel if I said that in my opinion, anxiety is a made up disease for special snowflakes and i find it creepy, then made several posts about it?
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2016
    The team themselves confirmed that it was to include trans and nonbinary people in the game. So yes, it's understandable why saying "I don't like this feature in the patch" is upsetting to many people on the forums.

Yup. sims-gets-glaad-approved-progressive-change-its-gender-restrictions

EA/Maxis apparently consulted with someone from GLAAD. You know, that LGBTQA advocacy organization for inclusion of various groups of people, including Transgender and Bisexual groups. It is against the discrimination of marginalized groups of people. That includes calling those groups "disgusting", etc. If EA/Maxis is collaborating with such a group, that means they should not tolerate hate speech, defamation, insults, etc, against all those various groups of people, especially the marginalized groups that GLAAD stands for. Which is why many threads are being closed. They're dangerously on the edge of calling those real life groups certain names or treating them like disgusting non-humans. (They're being represented in digital form in the game. Representation in various media and mediums is very, very important for many marginalized and disenfranchised groups, like women, People of Color, and LGBTQA, etc.)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    believe it or not ea there are still plenty of people out her that love tradition and that are old fashioned that still would enjoy a sims 1 and 2 feel with out all of this sadom and gomorrah stuff going on..i use to go to sims for relaxation after a long day at work or just needing to fantasize about a perfect family and neighborhood to live out my dreams a while.. now it is as scandalous as real life.. just gone crazy..
  • Options

Males can pee while sitting, I think it's common on certain countries.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    ASDF0716ASDF0716 Posts: 1,703 Member
    The team themselves confirmed that it was to include trans and nonbinary people in the game. So yes, it's understandable why saying "I don't like this feature in the patch" is upsetting to many people on the forums.

Yup. sims-gets-glaad-approved-progressive-change-its-gender-restrictions

EA/Maxis apparently consulted with someone from GLAAD. You know, that LGBTQA advocacy organization for inclusion of various groups of people, including Transgender and Bisexual groups. It is against the discrimination of marginalized groups of people. That includes calling those groups "disgusting", etc. If EA/Maxis is collaborating with such a group, that means they should not tolerate hate speech, defamation, insults, etc, against all those various groups of people, especially the marginalized groups that GLAAD stands for. Which is why many threads are being closed. They're dangerously on the edge of calling those real life groups certain names or treating them like disgusting non-humans. (They're being represented in digital form in the game. Representation in various media and mediums is very, very important for many marginalized and disenfranchised groups, like women, People of Color, and LGBTQA, etc.)

jesus. you are just a ball of 🐸🐸🐸🐸 sunshine.
  • Options
    believe it or not ea there are still plenty of people out her that love tradition and that are old fashioned that still would enjoy a sims 1 and 2 feel with out all of this sadom and gomorrah stuff going on..i use to go to sims for relaxation after a long day at work or just needing to fantasize about a perfect family and neighborhood to live out my dreams a while.. now it is as scandalous as real life.. just gone crazy..

This is what closes down threads... Reporting.
    (She/her)
  • Options
    NoogsterNoogster Posts: 627 Member
    That includes calling those groups "disgusting", etc. If EA/Maxis is collaborating with such a group, that means they should not tolerate hate speech, defamation, insults, etc, against all those various groups of people, especially the marginalized groups that GLAAD stands for.

@pepperjax1230
    @mirta000

Are you two reading this with your eyes?

• Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    edited June 2016
    Then go create your perfect happy families in whichever sims game you prefer. And by the way, you can still do that even in 4 because the features are, keyword, OPTIONAL. Or are you just here to stir the pot some more? Again.

hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,067 Member
    Haters everywhere...
    Townies generated by game are straight... OK?
  • Options

Lol what?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member

You know you can still play those games.... I don't play TS4 anymore, only 2 and sometimes 3, and if I were, I guarantee I wouldn't use any of these features. Not because they make me "uncomfortable" but just because I can't see myself with my playing style, implementing these features. But guess what, I'm not going to make a thread about it, or make a fuss about FREE content. Clearly it makes other people happy, it's optional, so what is wrong with that?!
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    sad that "traditional" and "old fashioned" basically means "intolerant of other groups of people" nowadays. you can still be traditional and accepting of other people
  • Options
    MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member

So don't use any of the features that you find so offensive or "scandalous". Problem solved.
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png
  • Options
    ASDF0716ASDF0716 Posts: 1,703 Member
    edited June 2016
    sad that "traditional" and "old fashioned" basically means "intolerant of other groups of people" nowadays.

'cuz that's what it is? like- is there anyone that watches Mad Men and thinks: "Man, I miss the good ol' days when you could just slap a woman on the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and call her "babe"!"
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    The only thing that changes in the game for those who are not fond of the new features is that there's an [...] button in the CAS menu, and a few extra filters in the outfit designer (which are also ticked off by default I believe). That's literally it. The 'traditional' gameplay that you felt was there before is still there, and will always be there for you.

It's a single player game. The only odd playstyle is the playstyle you give it. Not counting ghosts, aliens, and supernaturals, of course. This has all been blown way out of context and proportion.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    ASDF0716 wrote: »
    sad that "traditional" and "old fashioned" basically means "intolerant of other groups of people" nowadays.

'cuz that's what it is? like- is there anyone thates Mad Men and things: "Man, I miss the good ol' days!"
    what i meant is that that's not what it always has to be :tongue:
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Amiutza wrote: »
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    @rudy8292 Interesting points but of course, the toddler thing still remains a great mystery, one that no one even has an answer for yet one that follows a thousand questions

Yeah agree. Somewhere I want to have a little hope for them to make a return someday, because there is a certain demand for them for sure, but when? I don't know.

I think that is also the core of the unsatisfaction really. People don't know if they are being heard and if they are even being considered.

However, the story has two sides of course. Like Guru's mentioned how they cannot announce future content if it is not going to be released within the 3 month quarter, also because most of the paid content comes together with free patch stuff, I can understand.

But it would be nice to have at least someone say they are in fact doing something with it. I think it will calm down the community a lot. But well, we will see!
    My issue is people's reaction to this patch. While I completely understand the toddlers topic and whatnot, I don't think it's right to say that takes priority over this, while at the same time hurting people's feelings. And honestly, after what I've seen in the past two days, I don't think the reception would have been any better even if we had said mentioned features from the release of the base game.

I've always disliked comments like "well they had time to work on this, but not toddlers? They are more important", that being the reason I stay off the forums mostly. I'm losing track of my idea. My final point is, this time, it has resorted to actual hate speech against a whole community and I don't think anything would have changed that (no, not even toddlers). That's just my personal point of view.

I'm 100% this update. It's inclusive and not only this-it's 100% optional to prevent those with issues with it from having to deal with it. If they feel that strongly that's their game and as much as I don't agree they get to craft their game their way.

What I absolutely do not understand is not wanting it in game at all as an option (that you have to go out of your way to use!)-when it makes other people/players happy!

It's nothing to do with toddlers.

What's sad is that people are so worried about how limited resources are that they have started to see anything they don't like as a threat to their play because they don't want to miss out on features in the future they want. I've never seen this around the community before (but I didn't really bother pre TS4 so I may have missed it) but it just makes me sad.
    Instead of excitement at potential it seems to be an endless cycle of concern at whether they will ever see a full sims experience they will enjoy.

I truly hope EA learn from this and instead of pushing out a game unfinished giving it the time and resources it deserves to be a great game from day one-no excuses. No squeezing themselves too far trying to catch up with what they didn't have time for pre release while trying to create new paid content.
  • Options
    edited June 2016

Yeah. It's not like we went through the Civil Rights movement, women's liberation/rights movements, various LGBT movements, disability rights movement, or anything like that, back in the good ol' days. Back then, People of Color, people with disabilities and mental illness, women, gays and lesbians, etc, were totally treated equally back then...
    (She/her)
  • Options
    ASDF0716 wrote: »

'cuz that's what it is? like- is there anyone that watches Mad Men and thinks: "Man, I miss the good ol' days when you could just slap a woman on the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and call her "babe"!"

There are traditional people that will still play this game gladly, knowing those options are in their games.

mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited June 2016

Yeah. It's not like we went through the Civil Rights movement or anything, back in the good ol' days. Back then, People of Color, people with disabilities and mental illness, women, gays and lesbians, etc, were totally treated equally back then...
    Noo, what I meant was that people can still be traditional (in regards to how they life their life, not their opinions of others) and still be accepting of others.

Like you can still have a traditional styled house, and not want to use technology and still be an accepting and tolerant person.

What I also meant is that I hate how whenever people use those terms, they're basically referring to the day where really only white, neurotypical, straight, men were able to live freely and that they want to go back to those days. I expressing that I wanted to get away from that use of the word.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top