Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Live Stream for Dine Out Announced!

Comments

• aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Just the interacts seem much same as we had before...basically talking. No new intimate table interactions, no proposal. Should have given us the option to be the chef or waiter (didn't need to be a intractable career, they could have went into automatic mode) Even the management interactions aren't anything new, just what we had with get to work. Also silly things like having a bar in your restaurant doesn't earn you money. It's an "independent contractor" as they described it.....which is basically spin for we forgot/couldn't be bothered/didn't think about that. But really whole of sims 4 feels flat to me, so for me its just more of the same.

Yep just recycled animations with a new label. Its Get To Work retail portion as a GP instead of a $40 EP. o:)
    Really lacking in content and feels too restrictive but then again that's The Sims 4 in general; its always been a highly strict linear restrictive game. I'm going to save my money and buy a TS3 Stuff Pack or the World Bundle for $20 instead, this was a huge disappointment. Especially since the musical chairs issue is only been fixed within the restaurant lot type as they said in the stream which showcases why it took so long because of the technical standpoint. I'm just getting more bored of TS4 due to its lackluster restrictive linear nature compared to the past sandbox nonlinear Sim games such as TS1, TS2, and TS3, and their console and handheld versions.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • aelias24aelias24 Posts: 220 Member
    Well Ultra, I really like the social aspect of the pack. That's the reason I'll have it on Tuesday.
    Real Life Is Never As Interesting As the SimswIiJK39.jpg
  • UltraUltra Posts: 826 Member
    I suppose it feels to me like they gave us a lot but very little. Some great new objects for sure. But what I would describe as extended gameplay rather than new gameplay. Like the gameplay we already had has been extended into a new restaurant pack. Like it is all the same interactions and gameplay we could do before but given a "restaurant skin" I don't know if I'm making any sense with that. I just don't feel like there was anything special or stand out with what i've seen so far and while they have very detailed management menu the actual gameplay didn't feel very detailed or in depth.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Well I guess that I get to miss today's live broadcast on Dine Out! All on the count of it not showing up on my screen. :(

You should watch it when you can. You got a question answered (sorry, don't remember which one).
    It was the first one that was on SimGuruDrake's list of questions for today's live broadcast. I'll see it eventually, I just have to wait for the replay is all. :(

@aws200 thats it exactly, it feels very linear
    @aelias24 Thats great if you liked the look of it, for me it fell flat and i expected/hoped for something more in-depth
  • DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    When EA first announced The Sims 4: Dine Out with the two minute trailer that revealed more about the game pack my money fell out of my wallet but when I watched the live stream it blew away to the studio...strange thing is there was no wind....I must really want that game pack to say "Take My Money! Just Take My Money!"
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    🐸🐸🐸🐸!!! I missed the stream!! I totally forgot :'(
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    🐸🐸🐸🐸!!! I missed the stream!! I totally forgot :'(

You can watch it later, people record it and I think there's a saved file on their channel to see past streams or something.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Just the interacts seem much same as we had before...basically talking. No new intimate table interactions, no proposal. Should have given us the option to be the chef or waiter (didn't need to be a intractable career, they could have went into automatic mode) Even the management interactions aren't anything new, just what we had with get to work. Also silly things like having a bar in your restaurant doesn't earn you money. It's an "independent contractor" as they described it.....which is basically spin for we forgot/couldn't be bothered/didn't think about that. But really whole of sims 4 feels flat to me, so for me its just more of the same.

There is new intimate table interactions aka feed a bite. They just didn't mention that.
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    Well, I thought the objects and clothes that we saw looked very nice, and that the gameplay, especially around managing the restaurants themselves, looks fun and manageable. I do wish we could have our sims cook their own meals some of the time, though, or else have their cooking skill otherwise add a benefit to the restaurant. It's disappointing that my most talented Sim Fresh chef, who has completed the cooking aspiration and has level 10 skills in cooking, gourmet cuisine and baking, cannot cook the finest meals at her restaurant if I want her to do so.

Why didn't EA give management sims the ability to train their own chefs by teaching them new dishes as soon as they are hired? Or Sims could have the ability to give their chefs cooking tips while they are working, or else the chance to demonstrate a dish if a chef is having trouble with it. These sorts of things would greatly enrich game play for me, and make me feel more invested in the restaurant's menu and its improvement.

However, I must say that I was very happy to hear that, in addition to the 20 new experimental dishes, the pack adds some more normal recipes like clam chowder. And I was also encouraged to hear that they are planning on adding new foods in upcoming packs, and that when they do so these dishes will be supported for restaurants. (I think this was mentioned at the end). If true, that's awesome; I always want more new foods with each pack, along with new ingredients (sadly we haven't gotten any of those since the basegame).
  • TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member
    edited June 2016
    I love it. The restaurants look very vibrant and full. I'm impressed of how well the npcs and the sitting works. Can't wait for the pack :smiley:
    In the stream they mentioned a "Patio heater". Is that some sort of gameplay object? I do not remember it from previous iterations.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • HannieHannie Posts: 608 Member
    The pack looks really good, can't wait!
  • WingardimLeviosaWingardimLeviosa Posts: 204 Member
    I don't know, it feels a little "flat" to me

I feel the same way. I was expecting a lot more out of this GP.
    C0gfE.gif
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    @aws200 thats it exactly, it feels very linear

I think that's a complaint many have been making since the game first released and for those who have felt that way I don't think the basic game-play or game structure is going to change much for future packs.
  • ST7_MTNMANST7_MTNMAN Posts: 172 Member
    In the stream they mentioned a "Patio heater". Is that some sort of gameplay object? I do not remember it from previous iterations.

They did mention it, and it is meant for if you have outdoor seating, it will give your sims a comfort level that might determine your restaurant rating!
  • AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    I actually loved it, it just feels like it has so much replay ability to me. I'm building a cake shop asap!
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
    This may seem a bit weird, but I have to say, the Guru with the cowboy hat is actually pretty cute :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    This may seem a bit weird, but I have to say, the Guru with the cowboy hat is actually pretty cute :p

That's exactly what I said...I'm glad I'm not alone in that....very cute!
  • Olivesims2Olivesims2 Posts: 362 Member
    Anywhere to watch this yet? Looked on you tube but no vid that I could find
    I get my games free using this site :) To earn gift cards
    http://www.instagc.com/115196
  • QuaayQuaay Posts: 556 Member
    Olivesims2 wrote: »

https://twitch.tv/thesims/v/70329065
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Olivesims2 wrote: »

SimsVip now has it uploaded to youtube for people who have the freezing issues on twitch.
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member

I don't think it's necessarily a new "gameplay" object but more of a decoration that does have some type of function and I guess gives off a model I suppose. I know we've had objects like that in the past where they don't technically count as new gameplay but they did add a little something.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I got to see part of the replay of the live broadcast, and the pictures was all blurry like camera was all out of focus. Since I didn't get to see that one live. I was wondering if it was streamed like that or was the picture much clearer than that during the live streaming.