Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch Disturbs Me

123457...Next

Comments

• blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    Love your avi @GoddessSims!
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    blewis823 wrote: »
    Love your avi @GoddessSims!

Thanks!! Shinya found his Halloween costume already this year!!!!

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    There are a million other "this is weird" posts that this could have been posted on without you having to make another one.

I don't care how many people 'awesome' your post, this snarky comment was not necessary. This is a forum, where people share their thoughts and sometimes they don't always align with your own but that's no reason to get nasty.

To the OP, I agree, my mind was a little boggled when I started playing with the new options-but after a while I started to have a lot of fun. I haven't figured out how to play with hairstyles yet-which is a bummer because I really want some of my guys to have some flowing locks. I will play with it more tonight.

If you are uncomfortable, there is a good news....

This does not auto generate in townies from what I understand.
    This is an optional download-so you don't have to have it at all.

Now if you have already installed it and don't want it, I, personally don't know how to remove it, but maybe someone else can chime in.
  • shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited June 2016
    blewis823 wrote: »
    You are not forced to change anyone and it's not random, you have to change the sim's gender status and the filters for the options to show.
    ScreenShot006.png

I'm excited to finally get some heels on my sim Prince!
    06-02-16_10-15-09nbspPM.png

Now I need to find more appropriate boots for Prince, not happy with the EA ones.

OHMAHGOSH! I recognized him right away! <3 *Screams like a fangirl*

Very well done, he is beautiful! :)
  • Ralf453Ralf453 Posts: 1,158 Member
    There are a million other "this is weird" posts that this could have been posted on without you having to make another one.

There are also a million "This is Great!" posts but I assume you don't have a problem with someone making another one of those?
    grumpy-cat-lick.gif
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Ralf453 wrote: »

There are also a million "This is Great!" posts but I assume you don't have a problem with someone making another one of those?

I don't have a problem with "this is not what I wanted" posts. (Even though it's optional, like the pool content in that one patch. LGB options are already available in the game, so...)

It's when simmers start insulting certain groups of people is what I have a problem with....

~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • mrswoo5mrswoo5 Posts: 2,143 Member
    To7m wrote: »
    I don't like it. But as others seem to be saying; I can avoid it. Not much else to say.

*shrugs*

--T

I don't like it either but yeah you can avoid it, I played last night and had no issues. So for me case closed move on and looking forward to the Dine Out pack.

• The-2-LsThe-2-Ls Posts: 104 Member
    This patch just got me playing for the first time in about 18 months :D I reinstalled around the time Dine Out was leaked & I've been planning to check out the base game again since then, but have had no reason to. More CAS options for all Sims enhances the only part of the game I currently do enjoy, & the ability to make cross-dressing & transgender Sims is but a bonus.

For me though, it's wasn't the CAS changes that made my decision to finally fire up the game again - it was the carpets! More carpet options gives me hope that other aspects of the build/buy catalogue will have more options in the future, & as a CASt-lover, this can only be good news. @SimGuruDrake Any chances of further updates to the colour options in the build/buy catalogue, please?!

OK, perhaps it was carpets & the lighting :) I didn't reinstall the game on my gaming laptop, I installed onto my 2012 iMac. I went from Ultra (at release on a Windows laptop) to Medium options (on the Mac), as the stuttering & lag was unbearable. I have been able to put lighting up to Very High though, & the game looks better already. Rubbish interior lighting was one of my personal bugbears, so it's another tick in the right box for me.

Anything that adds OPTIONS to the game is a win, in my book. Options that allow minority groups to feel represented, but are totally player-driven & therefore easily avoidable for those that don't want it, is a very definite win-win.

It's still got a long way to go before I'll prefer it to TS3, though ;)
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    mrswoo5 wrote: »
    To7m wrote: »
    I don't like it. But as others seem to be saying; I can avoid it. Not much else to say.

*shrugs*

--T

I don't like it either but yeah you can avoid it, I played last night and had no issues. So for me case closed move on and looking forward to the Dine Out pack.

I may not use it too much, either, but I know it's optional, and should not affect Townies. :smile: No biggie.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    @gizzinator1: You said "I do not want to go into this save file and find that his best friend Don is now wearing a dress and changed his name to Donna."

I can understand not liking npcs acting out of the norm/not doing what you want, but that's specifically transphobic commentary. You're so afraid/against of a simple theoretical NPC doing something different that you wont even touch your own game. Like...bruh...that's just silly. Also, the commentary on "traditional families" (which I'm assuming is the straight, heterosexual kind) was also silly because that's been catered to/given content since the very beginning?? And I'm just ???????

@Cinebar: I stand by that "transphobic" isn't an insult, imo. And if folks think it is, idk flag me or something. I was rude/slightly passive aggressive but not slinging names or anything. Not like I'm calling someone an idiot/dinglehopper/whatever. You feel?
    Sorry but no it's not. I'm by no means a supernaturalfobic in this game and still it irritates me intensely when I see sims in my town transforming into vampires, mermaids or fairies. That has nothing to do with fobia. Fobia by the way is an illness and it takes a real doctor to diagnose someone. Are you a doctor and do you know this 'patient'?
    5JZ57S6.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top