Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch Disturbs Me

Comments

• Options
    Dreagen1Dreagen1 Posts: 570 Member
    Dreagen1 wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    And please stop saying 'opinion' like this thread title wasn't offensive.

The OP knew what they were doing and the same 'opinions' some of you are defending could be cut & pasted in as when someone was racist back in the day and FELT that they had merit to their 'opinion'.

Truth be told, opinions aren't even really NEEDED on this TOPIC since it's been SAID..and said...and said...AANNND said again that everything regarding the CAS IS optional.

'disturbing' sure offended me and the OP should've probably found another word if she was gonna make the same thread that's been made a dozen times today. You all want people to respect your opinions but you're not being very respectful to the transgender posters who're probably already logged off of this forum due to the amount of ignorant things posted here today.

'opinions' aren't supposed to do that.
    The only thing 'disturbing' is how you all use the 'opinions' shield to play off the sheer ignorance and hurtful things that have been said about the update and be honest, most of it was due to the trans-friendly portion of the update.
    If you don't want it in your game, IGNORE it.

There's literally no reason to be creating threads with the words 'disturbing' in it.
    No. reason.
    adu4i9k8
    I hate this patch it is disturbing. I have no problems with this in real life but when I am forced a patch with content I never asked for in my game then I am upset. You have to realize that not everyone is ok with cross dressing in the game. Though having said that I am giving it a chance for telling stories.

🐸🐸🐸🐸.. What part of optional do you not get? Seriously. The option for unisex clothing and all that is under three little dots and is filtered out, YOU DONT HAVE TO CLICK ON OR USE THEM.
    Random sims WONT be using unisex clothing so YOU WONT SEE THEM.
    Honestly... I do not see the forced part!!! Just because you don't want a certain feature in the game doesn't mean someone else doesn't! It's better to have the OPTION rather than it not to be there at all!!!

The forced part to any patch is maybe players want the option to opt out of said content patches? I know I would like to download new ways to play and new content separately from my bug fix patches. Today it is whatever, tomorrow maybe it's something you really didn't want. But had to take it even if you didn't want it.

In all reality, this is optional. It's like adding spooky stuff to the game, there is no holidays in the game but you can have Halloween whenever you want. You use the Halloween decor whenever you want it to be Halloween. If you don't want it to be Halloween, then you simply don't use the Halloween decor. Simple...
    Wow really that isn't the same as a patch that fixes bugs.Of course you don't have to buy the content if you don't want it.
    Ughhhhh you... If you you don't get it there's no point.... Ughhh....... *puts Palm to face part 2*
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,422 Member
    Noogster wrote: »
    CandyCadet wrote: »
    Yes because men who wear "female" clothes, and females who wear "male" clothes, and trans people are so disturbing. I wish they wouldn't shove it down our throats!!11!! If only it was optional....oh wait! :|

They never said it was disgusting, they only stated they don't want it in their game. So why are you putting words in the OP's proverbial mouth? Just because they have a differing opinion to you doesn't mean you need to speak so harshly of them. Everyone has the right to their own opinion, or at least that was what I was always taught.
    No she put her own words in her own mouth. Read the title. And where did I use the word "disgusting"?
    PATCH DISTURBS ME
    Considering the patch includes transgender sims, as well as non-gendered clothing, I think she might be saying that it's disturbing. Idk you tell me.

One word, autocorrect. Also the patch disturbs her, and that's her prerogative. Also, I don't see transgendered sims in this patch. I see unisex clothing, unisex hairs, peeing options, awesome lighting, and the ability to change a sim's bodytype and voice to be more inclusive. So yes, that's what I see, the ability to make the game more inclusive rather than exclusive.

It is hinting at trans sims, with the inclusiveness of mascluine and feminine voices together, masculine and feminine body types and the ability to conceive or not. All of that can create a trans sim.

I guess, but why can't it just be people. I mean deep down we're all humans so why the need for labels? I've never really fully understood that unless you're talking in biological terms, and even one day that may be done away with at the rate science is going.

No.

I'm a female and Ase.xual, and proud of it. Please respect my right to be called whatever it is I want to be called or addressed as.

I'm Hispanic. You want to take away that "label", too? :frowning: Oh, I'm also Christian. You want take away my religious label, too? (Since people are all the same, so religions must be the same too, right? Why do we need all of those denomination labels and stuff? /sarcasm)

Let's be real: The real world is not color-blind, race-blind, sex/gender-blind, or orientation-blind, blind to religion, etc.

For some people, they need labels to form communities with common interests and have similar experiences and support each other.

Some of us need our personal support systems and our various communities.

I would ask you if you could please respect that.

I respect that but to me everyone is just a human. Then again my world view is probably different than 99% of the planet, so yeah ...
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Where are you seeing the patch is optional when I need the fixes? I don't see where the content is an optional thing its already in my game as an option I don't call that optional I call it forced on me because I want the fixes.

????? This makes no sense. You literally DO NOT have to click the button to make a sim a cross dresser. So unless your computer mouse is possessed by demons, the button will not be pressed at any time. Are you not understanding? Are you purposely being difficult? I honestly can't tell.
    Don't twist what I said the patch added the content in my game already I don't care if its optional in the game not to use it. It's already there and the options to use it are there. Meaning that I rather have had it be an option for the content to be added in my game because its a patch to fix bugs. That is what I mean by forced to have it.

You're mad because the options are in your game? Wow... *puts palm to face* I feel my headache coming back...
    Your comments sound like a 6 year old throwing a fit because their sibling is looking out their window...
    Yes I am mad I never asked for that in my game. Everyone plays differently and I don't play that way. That is very inappropriate to say that because I don't like the forced content. You don't play my game and I am not sitting here telling you to accept something you might not like in your game so don't do that to me.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Yes because men who wear "female" clothes, and females who wear "male" clothes, and trans people are so disturbing. I wish they wouldn't shove it down our throats!!11!! If only it was optional....oh wait! :|

They never said it was disgusting, they only stated they don't want it in their game. So why are you putting words in the OP's proverbial mouth? Just because they have a differing opinion to you doesn't mean you need to speak so harshly of them. Everyone has the right to their own opinion, or at least that was what I was always taught.
    No she put her own words in her own mouth. Read the title. And where did I use the word "disgusting"?
    PATCH DISTURBS ME
    Considering the patch includes transgender sims, as well as non-gendered clothing, I think she might be saying that it's disturbing. Idk you tell me.

One word, autocorrect. Also the patch disturbs her, and that's her prerogative. Also, I don't see transgendered sims in this patch. I see unisex clothing, unisex hairs, peeing options, awesome lighting, and the ability to change a sim's bodytype and voice to be more inclusive. So yes, that's what I see, the ability to make the game more inclusive rather than exclusive.

It is hinting at trans sims, with the inclusiveness of mascluine and feminine voices together, masculine and feminine body types and the ability to conceive or not. All of that can create a trans sim.

I guess, but why can't it just be people. I mean deep down we're all humans so why the need for labels? I've never really fully understood that unless you're talking in biological terms, and even one day that may be done away with at the rate science is going.
    We need labels because it's easier to convey your emotions/opinions/ect. whenever you use them.

Instead of saying "I'm attracted to people of the same sex" you can just say "I'm gay" to the same effect.
    Instead of saying "I don't identify with the gender that was given to me at birth" you can just say "I'm trans."

Are labels always necessary? No, because people question things sometimes and what they identify as or what their sexuality is can change. But they are helpful.

Yes but labels just complicate things. I think I need to be abducted by aliens and sent to another planet sometimes because humans just confuse me sometimes.

Yes, sometimes labels do complicate thing.

However, for some of us, we still feel comforted and reassured with labels and having those support systems and communities.

Could you please respect that, at least?

You don't have to be labelled yourself, of course, but you have to respect other people labeling themselves. It's part of their identity and gives them a sense of comfort or community.

There is a history for various disenfranchised groups, for all groups, really, but the disenfranchise groups are still being discriminated against and still having struggles, so the groups still need support systems and communities to feel safe and comforted in or get guidence from, etc.

There are still people being beaten and killed for not fitting into society's norms regarding gender, sex, orientation, gender expression, and yes, still even race.

Real life is not blind, and those members of such groups still have to deal with real life.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,741 Member
    edited June 2016
    *people complain about not having options for the 1st year the game is out*

*maxis gives them options*

*people complain about having options*

I'm sorry if this is offensive to anyone, but this is literally what's happening. The good thing about options is you have the option NOT to use the options :disappointed:

Exactly. Also, by default, it won't affect townies or your own sims that you didn't change yourself, so I don't understand why people would get mad.
    DeKay wrote: »
    I thought you all liked options?

Here I thought options expanded the game and made it better, not backwards and "disturbing".. :/

I know right? Meh, I think people will just get over it sooner or later.
    My Top Song of the Day: The Blackest of Birds by Fightstar
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

I love options and love when games don't force me to play the way you want to play. :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    CandyCadetCandyCadet Posts: 517 Member
    Where are you seeing the patch is optional when I need the fixes? I don't see where the content is an optional thing its already in my game as an option I don't call that optional I call it forced on me because I want the fixes.

????? This makes no sense. You literally DO NOT have to click the button to make a sim a cross dresser. So unless your computer mouse is possessed by demons, the button will not be pressed at any time. Are you not understanding? Are you purposely being difficult? I honestly can't tell.
    Don't twist what I said the patch added the content in my game already I don't care if its optional in the game not to use it. It's already there and the options to use it are there. Meaning that I rather have had it be an option for the content to be added in my game because its a patch to fix bugs. That is what I mean by forced to have it.

You're mad because the options are in your game? Wow... *puts palm to face* I feel my headache coming back...
    Your comments sound like a 6 year old throwing a fit because their sibling is looking out their window...
    Yes I am mad I never asked for that in my game. Everyone plays differently and I don't play that way. That is very inappropriate to say that because I don't like the forced content. You don't play my game and I am not sitting here telling you to accept something you might not like in your game so don't do that to me.
    But if it's an option, and you can choose whether to play it or not, and it's not even very noticeable in CAS unless you click on the little button, then WHO CARES?! I didn't want that Star Wars patch, but guess what? I just don't use it. S I M P L E.
  • Options

First of all, I am NOT telling you how to play your game. Second, I am NOT telling you to accept it. I am simply informing you that this patch is an OPTION. Inappropriate? Lol. About every plum comment you post is offensive and is reported, So don't tell me I'm being inappropriate. If you don't like it then DONT USE IT and direct your temper tantrum somewhere else ma'am....
  • Options
    xtahwyashctibxtahwyashctib Posts: 39 Member

I love options and love when games don't force me to play the way you want to play. :)

How is it changing your gameplay at all? Besides your sims getting water autonomously which surely can't be that big of a deal?
  • Options
    CapraCorn104CapraCorn104 Posts: 1,184 Member

buttttt no one is being forced?

If you don't click the three little dots (...) everything stays the same!!!
    What's the problem???
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Pardon me, but is the optional part some sort of toggle thing? (I haven't updated my game yet.)

Because many simmers have asked for those...toggles...like for turning on/off almost everything, from Supernaturals to even toddlers!, etc...

Wonder what would happen and the reactions would be like if toddlers ever came in a patch, lol? Hmm...
    (She/her)
  • Options
    Pardon me, but is the optional part some sort of toggle thing? (I haven't updated my game yet.)

Because many simmers have asked for those...toggles...like for turning on/off Supernaturals, even toddlers!, etc...

Wonder what would happen and the reactions would be like if toddlers ever came in a patch, lol? Hmm...

It's literally three little buttons under the gender tags in cas... Also the clothing is filtered separately, so it's not even different what so ever to pre patch..
  • Options
    FluffusCanarusFluffusCanarus Posts: 103 Member
    edited June 2016
    EA gave everyone, who didn't want the content, the option to not use it. But people are upset that they weren't given the option to have the patch? When have patches been optional? I don't think patches will ever be optional, however content in patches may be.....oh wait
    In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different.- Coco Chanel
  • Options

They're not forcing you to change your sims. It's literally the same, they've just added a new feature that you can enable if you want.
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options

How is it changing your gameplay at all? Besides your sims getting water autonomously which surely can't be that big of a deal?

It's not if I don't use it, I assume. I was speaking about 'options' and we need more options don't we like turn this off, turn that on, and mayve I can get back alien abduction pregnancy. But no option for that. Don't single me out as one who is mad about this patch. I said I prefer other things and that doesn't make me a bigot or make me crazy for being a little aggravated I didn't get enough bug fixes today. And when players can play their game their way then happy game, when they can't unhappy place.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

First of all, I am NOT telling you how to play your game. Second, I am NOT telling you to accept it. I am simply informing you that this patch is an OPTION. Inappropriate? Lol. About every plum comment you post is offensive and is reported, So don't tell me I'm being inappropriate. If you don't like it then DONT USE IT and direct your temper tantrum somewhere else ma'am....
    I am expressing my opinion and I don't appreciate being called a 6 year old having a temper tantrum. I said I hate the patch and no you won't change my mind that the content I never asked for was forced. But flagging me because I express an opinion isn't right since I never flagged you for your comments I found offensive.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    lalalalanalalalalalanala Posts: 102 Member
    edited June 2016
    I am expressing my opinion and I don't appreciate being called a 6 year old having a temper tantrum. I said I hate the patch and no you won't change my mind that the content I never asked for was forced. But flagging me because I express an opinion isn't right since I never flagged you for your comments I found offensive.

But honestly, you don't have to even touch the gender option. We should be grateful they even gave us that option.
  • Options
    edited June 2016

Because many simmers have asked for those...toggles...like for turning on/off Supernaturals, even toddlers!, etc...

It's literally three little buttons under the gender tags in cas... Also the clothing is filtered separately, so it's not even different what so ever to pre patch..

What about Townies? Are they affected? (Is this why some simmers are freaking out about this optional content?)

If the Townies aren't affected, and it's like an on/off switch kind of deal...what in the world are some simmers feeakinf out about (besides getting blinded by cross-dressers and transgendered folk)?

I mean, if we're talking about content "forced upon" us, then maybe I should be complaining about every bit of content from every patch and EP/GP/SP possible, like the pools, the clown, the gardener, the aliens that came with GTW, and so on.,.

I've heard some simmers wanting toggles for toddlers. Toddlers! Really? With that mentality, I want a toggle for every supernatural being "forced" upon me. (I dislike most Supernaturals, except fairies and mermaids.) What about a toggle for YA, teens, or Elders? (I don't like playing some stages, and some are identical in TS4.)

Let's make toggles for everything some simmers dislike, lol. :smiley: Maybe TS5 can be just a blank sim with an empty neighborhood and then we pay everything else in optional dlc (and download CC)? (Because no way is a business going to make money with free or free optional content. And it's not realistic, easy, or cost-effective to make every little thing optional...)

(She/her)
  • Options
    lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member
    you disturb me op. where can you be made optional?
  • Options
    CaronteCaronte Posts: 44 Member

You are not being forced to use any of these features, by default everything works as it did before. It's like saying The Sims 3 Generations forced you to make hairy sims.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Townies are not supposed to be affected by the patch and if they are, let SimGuruNick know about it.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    CapraCorn104CapraCorn104 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Sanriel85 wrote: »
    Let me show you something to understand the author of this thread.

In our country this is a music star - Azis. I am from Bulgaria .Can you imagine this ? For me its more than disturbing, its disgusting. And now EA & Maxis allow this to happen here to. This is not simulation anymore for me, its a... i dont know how to call it. My beloved game turn out to be something other, something i dont like and this make me very sad :(

So a guy.
    A guy you don't even know personally.
    A guy that probably isn't even harming someone physically/emotionally.
    A guy is disgusting just because of what he's wearing?

Idk, I'm just done today.
  • Options

What about Townies? Are they affected? (Is this why some simmers are freaking out about this optional content?)

If the Townies aren't affected, and it's like an on/off switch kind of deal...what in the world are some simmers feeakinf out about (besides getting blinded by cross-dressers and transgendered folk)?

I mean, if we're talking about content "forced upon" us, then maybe I should be complaining about every bit of content from every patch and EP/GP/SP possible, like the pools, the clown, the gardener, the aliens that came with GTW, and so on.,.

I've heard some simmers wanting toggles for toddlers. Toddlers! Really? With that mentality, I want a toggle for every supernatural being "forced" upon me. (I dislike most Supernaturals, except fairies and mermaids.) What about a toggle for YA, teens, or Elders? (I don't like playing some stages, and some are identical in TS4.)

Let's make toggles for everything some simmers dislike, lol. :smiley: Maybe TS5 can be just a blank sim with an empty neighborhood and then we pay everything else in optional dlc (and download CC)? (Because no way is a business going to make money with free or free optional content. And it's not realistic, easy, or cost-effective to make every little thing optional...)

They're not affected. Or at least they're not supposed to. I don't know if any future patch is going to break that. :D
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options

They're not affected. Or at least they're not supposed to. I don't know if any future patch is going to break that. :D

Could be because someone has posted earlier today their male Sim has a female voice and they didn't change it themselves. So, we know there are going to be bugs don't we as in many things are going to mess up just like the clown hair that wasn't supposed to generate on townies etc. Be prepared for bugs because it's already caused other bugs in my game not sure why my Sim's house wall is missing. Just a line like someone tried to start drawing it but yeah totally gone.
  • Options

Nope! Townies aren't affected! Just hating on it because they can! No real problem, just ignorant views..
    Yes! It's the same with toddlers! I don't get it either! It's not forced at all but they still cant grasp the optional definition >.<
    If everything were all toggles like you said people would still scream "you forced this on me!!" Lol
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top