Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This is an interesting read on the planning of the new CAS we just got:

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
In REALITY, I simply exist.....

Comments

• Options
    kingkong192kingkong192 Posts: 953 Member
    Thanks!
  • Options
    BeanfootBeanfoot Posts: 602 Member
    Not to mention, given the assortment of stories this update can facilitate, the team also worked very closely with GLAAD to assure that the update was authentic and respectful to the transgender community.

This is my favourite part. :)
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    See, this article is proof (Imo), that the sims team work a lot harder than we give them credit for.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yeah I thought it was interesting too. I remember the unisex conversion took about a year to do for Gaiaonline as well. So interesting to see it was same amount of time for the Sims 4.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    This is awesome:

RF: Now you can customize, create or modify your Sims with any kind of body type or clothing style.

LP: Players will be able to select almost any piece of clothing or accessories for their Sims, regardless of the initial gender setting. They will also have even more direct control over their Sims’ frame and body shape.
  • Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    I appreciated seeing this article, even if it came out ex post facto. Rare when we get a look into the mindset from the studio, but for a move like this, it makes sense.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    ENolan wrote: »
    I appreciated seeing this article, even if it came out ex post facto. Rare when we get a look into the mindset from the studio, but for a move like this, it makes sense.

Yes it is over on the main EA page in the EA News.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    It was tweeted out early this morning New Zealand time... about 8 hours ago. Interesting read for sure.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    It was tweeted out early this morning New Zealand time... about 8 hours ago. Interesting read for sure.

Yes - it was nice to actually see them and how they approached the whole thing and all. I enjoyed reading the whole thing. Wish they would share more of that kind of planning with us. I love reading it all.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    So did I. I'm always fascinated to learn anything about the 'inner workings'. It seems like an interesting work environment to say the least!

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    Most definitely.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Interesting read, but the final result doesn't appeal to me at all. Seeing how the article says they spent a year developing this, I really am not impressed. There is too many things this game lacks for this to be their top priority.

Love the totally staged pics tho.
  • Options
    Interesting read, but the final result doesn't appeal to me at all. Seeing how the article says they spent a year developing this, I really am not impressed. There is too many things this game lacks for this to be their top priority.

Love the totally staged pics tho.

I bulked at the 'year' comment also but I think the actual developing was 6 months. It does seem like an unusual addition to focus on first when so many other areas need development too but I guess this is their vision and so on. Also maybe it only seems that way because these changes weren't on my list of priorities.

• Options
    CapraCorn104CapraCorn104 Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited June 2016
    The way I see it is that they focused on improving what they already had rather than adding more, and I can agree with that. I want them to make what we already have better before they focus on stuff like adding other life stage(s) to the game. And this was an improvement in my eyes, as they gave us more freedom with sim creation.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Wow, this has been in the works a lot longer than I initially thought it would have been. Great read, thanks for sharing Writin_Reg!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg