Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pick 3 expansion packs you couldn't play without?

If you could only play with 3 expansion packs which ones would you choose??

I would pick:
1). Seasons
2). Pets
3). Generations

Comments

• lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,277 Member
    Well this is a hard question as I love all of them. But if I had to choose which ones, it would be Seasons, Supernatural and Island Paradise... :)
  • R3B3CKVHR3B3CKVH Posts: 473 Member
    For me, it would have to be
    1.) Late Night
    2.) Island Paradise
    3.) World Adventures

I don't have Seasons, Showtime, or Into The Future. Plan to get the first two soon.
    Split Reflections: A Sim Story by R3B3CKVH
    www.splitreflections.wordpress.com
    Be Sure to Subscribe
    "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
    tumblr_lz7l7oGCyn1qevqqyo1_500.gif

• Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Ambitions, World Adventures and Seasons
  • AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    Same as you. Generations, pets, and seasons are my holy trinity.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • dw4518dw4518 Posts: 263 Member
    late night, supernatural, island paradise
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    If I really had to choose: World Adventures, Seasons and Showtime (I'm just nowhere without my genies...). But I'm afraid it wouldn't be enough anymore, I really need them all. I'm very bad at having to say goodbye to things I got used to.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • marstinsonmarstinson Posts: 367 Member
    It's actually easier to point to the ones that I CAN live without: Showtime, Island Paradise, and Late Night. It's not that they're bad, but only that I almost never use their features.

If I have to pick the three to be stranded on a desert island with for an indefinite time, then Ambitions, Supernatural, and Generations.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Supernatural Seasons World Adventures. I really want them all though. :)
  • fionaloveserranofionaloveserrano Posts: 584 Member
    Because I'm a high school teenager my parents didn't let me get Late Night until well this year.. I started playing since I was 11. So I've played many years without it so I'm used to it and I hated Into the Future. I mean as soon as it was installed I uninstalled it. I have every other expansion pack but those are defiantly my top 3!!
  • AJbackstAJbackst Posts: 146 Member
    1. Generations
    2. University
    3. Ambitions
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I wouldn't be able to play if I removed any of my expansions or stuff packs.I would disable some and load a save without them to create a populated save for a new world using the packs I want the world to require.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • RsandaRsanda Posts: 257 Member
    1- Supernatural
    I just can't live without this pack anymore. Normal life is just way too much boring after experiencing with this pack. I have never played with a non occult sim for a long time.
    2-Into the Future
    I love everything about this pack. Almost every game I play, there is a always a plumbot, hover cars, hover board, and sprite pets. And also I love the option of engineering a baby. Also being a Whovian helps as well :)
    3-World Adventures
    Being a Tomb Raider fan since 1996, I was immediately hooked with this pack. (Only fan of Core Design's TR's though. New ones shouldn't even be TR... Anyway...) All of those tombs are so much well designed. And there are so much tombs that after all these years, I am sure I left something behind. Also I love Nectar Making skill.
    Not a native English speaker. Sorry for any mistakes
  • Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    So far, for me it's Supernatural, Generations, and Into the Future. Even if not using an occult sim, the fashion items from Supernatural get used quite regularly. I'm constantly using stuff from Generations, sometimes without realizing it. As for Into the Future... Let me just say, I love the All-In-One bathroom. Plumbots are kinda nifty too. And I get so much chuckling out of watching sims trying to use a hoverboard.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • zagbooruleszagboorules Posts: 474 Member
    Generations, Seasons & Pets
  • Lucky25Lucky25 Posts: 544 Member
    Seasons, World Adventures & maybe Pets. It's hard to decide but those all give a slightly more realistic feel to the game. But I mean really I couldn't play without ANY of them. I love it all :D
    ace46abf-17de-4ccb-b09d-2f869a1566dc_zpswzf3im24.jpg
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    Gosh, it's hard to just pick 3! But I think mine would be Ambitions (for the self-employment careers), Generations (for the family play added), and World Adventures (for more skills and self-employment careers and the traveling to other worlds that mods allow).
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
    Technically you can do the whole self employment thing without Ambitions. It just gives you a ranking to track how much you've made while self employed.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Currently I have Late Night, Ambitions, Pets, Seasons, and Showtime. They're all awesome and fun for me to play for various reasons.

Late Night is fun for the bars, the drinks, and the clothing.

Ambitions is fun for the new jobs.

Pets is fun for the animals.

Seasons is fun for the realism it adds with weather.

Showtime is fun for the careers, and the genies.

University Life I want for the bowling alleys and college life.

Supernatural I want for the clothes and objects and new occult sims.

Generations I want for the family stuff, and the treehouses, kids activities, prom, and bachelor/bachelorette parties.

World Adventures I want for the travel stuff.

Into the Future I want for the future gadgets and items.

Island Paradise I want for the beaches, and water activities.

Its tough to choose just three. And its tough to choose which one to get next.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
    @KevinL5275 Ain't that the truth.
  • KethKeth Posts: 165 Member
    World Adventures, Supernatural, and Generations.

Pets and Seasons are the only two I don't have. IRL, I'm an animal lover but, in the game, I just have no interest in Pets for whatever reason.
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Generations brings more to life to my sims, seasons just amazes me and creates this ambiance that's amazing and ITF is really interesting plus I love that kind of thing.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • picklesthecat114picklesthecat114 Posts: 2,690 Member
    1. Generations
    2. Seasons
    3. Late night
    Lantern-flying-in-Tangled.gif
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    1. World Adventures
    2. Supernaturals
    3. Ambitions

it's hard to decide against Generations though :blush:

Faerie197 wrote: »
    Technically you can do the whole self employment thing without Ambitions. It just gives you a ranking to track how much you've made while self employed.
    technically yes, but without i wouldn't be able to have all the detective interactions which are my favourite :grimace:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • fionaloveserranofionaloveserrano Posts: 584 Member
    KevinL5275 wrote: »
    Currently I have Late Night, Ambitions, Pets, Seasons, and Showtime. They're all awesome and fun for me to play for various reasons.

Late Night is fun for the bars, the drinks, and the clothing.

Ambitions is fun for the new jobs.

Pets is fun for the animals.

Seasons is fun for the realism it adds with weather.

Showtime is fun for the careers, and the genies.

University Life I want for the bowling alleys and college life.

Supernatural I want for the clothes and objects and new occult sims.

Generations I want for the family stuff, and the treehouses, kids activities, prom, and bachelor/bachelorette parties.

World Adventures I want for the travel stuff.

Into the Future I want for the future gadgets and items.

Island Paradise I want for the beaches, and water activities.

Its tough to choose just three. And its tough to choose which one to get next.

Wow that is tough to pick what's next. University adds more trendy, modern day things. Such as smart phones, clothing we wear now that wasn't cool or popular when the game first came out. And Generations like you said adds more family-kid activities! Those two are my favorite on the list of what you don't have. I hated Into the future and Isla Paradiso doesn't always work for every game. Lot's of people have and sill have issues with the lagging. I did, so I rarely play. I rarely play with the not humans but everything about supernatural is awesome especially since you can opt out the supernatural if you don't want them in your game. World Adventures is cool but I rarely play with the countries.. only if my sim is really rich lol.
  • dogdancerdogdancer Posts: 447 Member
    Late night, Ambitions and Seasons.