Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ASK A GURU: Dine Out Twitch Live Stream [LINK IN MAIN POST]

SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
UPDATE: LiveStream replay can be found here - https://twitch.tv/thesims/v/70329065

Ideally it would be best to watch the Twitch replay (on your PC / Mac rather than mobile) as Twitch has a new feature where the chat will now replay with the full conversation of when the stream started to when it ended which will enable you to see questions we answered in chat that may not have been answered in the video.

Hey everyone!

By now you will have seen that we will be doing a live stream this Friday at 1PM PDT on our Twitch Channel focused around The Sims 4 Dine Out Game Pack and more specifically around owning /running a restaurant. The stream will be hosted by SimGuruNinja, SimGuruHolms, and SimGuruMegs.

I wanted to give you the opportunity to get your questions in so if you have questions about the pack please ask them below and we will try to get as many answered as possible during the stream.

Questions should be focused on the Game Pack (any questions regarding future content will not be answered as this is focused on Dine Out specifically.)

Hope to see you in stream chat on Friday!
Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
Post edited by SimGuruDrake on

Comments

• sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Do the sims need to own a restaurant in order to make the new dishes at home?
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Will our Sims be able to rate their experience when they visit NPC restaurants?
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    How often will the food critic appear?
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Can any member of a family owned restaurant work as the manager? Can elders, teens and children be managers?
  • CoffeeBeanPopcornCoffeeBeanPopcorn Posts: 1,587 Member
    Are there new food that aren't experimental food?
    I'm back!
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Is there a dishwasher/busboy or was that staging? If there is a dishwasher/busboy, are they automatic or do we hire them like the host, chef and wait staff?
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

Hi Gurus!

Is there a chance that if our Sims meet the requirements of the role (eg. chef) will they come up as potential staff options, or are staff only avaliable outside the family?

Is there any chance that a Sim that lives in-game be able to work as an NPC (like Bob Pancakes often works as a Bartender) will be appointed to work and actually keep the job if the player decides to play as them, or will they lose that job and it's generated to another Townie?

Thanks Guys!
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Hi,

1- Will having a Cafe area bring any profit to the restaurant? Will we be able to assign an employee to work as a barista?

2- Are there any new tattoos in this pack. And if not, could you please add new ones soon? I am in urgent need of more variety and I don't use CC.

Thanks!
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Freckles1971Freckles1971 Posts: 507 Member
    Will we be able to have take out menu in dine out?
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Will Toilet Stalls or Urinals be returning with Dine Out? We really need them asap! Hopefully patched in!
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Will Sims be able to bake and cook dishes from the restaurant lots?

Can more than one Sim visit the lot when they run it?

Will restaurants run like active careers, normal careers, clubs, or like retail lots?
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Will we be able to transfer ownership (through gameplay) without losing accumulated perks or rating? (E.G. passing ownership down to the next generation on "retirement")

Do fish get used for cooking directly from the aquarium, or do we have to transfer them to the fridge first? Or are the fish in the aquariums separate from ingredients and just for décor?

When we visit restaurants as a customer, do we (the players) decide the rating at the end, or is it calculated automatically on how much our sims enjoyed it? (Thinking of the ability to sabotage rivals)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited June 2016
    Can you turn the bubbles on and off in the aquarium windows?

Can you add fish to the aquarium windows?

Can you add your own fish to the aquariums?

Are there any new fish to catch?

Any new table romantic interactions other then feed a bite?

Any new woohoo locations?

Would you mind showing some of the premade restaurants?
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 949 Member
    Hi,

1. Can you tell a bit more on the restaurant in 0:04 in this video. It looks like a food stall rather than a restaurant. How does it work?

2. Is a restaurant staff like waiters and a chef spawn if the restaurant equipments are put on other community lots like a park or a museum?
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    edited June 2016
    Oh, I have a question!

When my sim owns a restaurant and I switch households to visit that restaurant, will those sims see the other sims running that restaurant? Sounds confusing, but I hope I explained it right. :blush:
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Danial6492000Danial6492000 Posts: 1 New Member
    Why is proposing at the table not a thing?
  • mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    Are the pre-made restaurants on new lots or do you have to install them on an existing lots?
  • mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    If nobody owns a restaurant will you still be able to dine out at it using NPC Sims?
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    What does opening a business from home involve.
    Can we appoint a manager and do they have to meet skill requirements.
    What does franchising mean? Ie owning lots of resturants and how do they operate if the manager is at another one.
    Are there skills for employees and or managers
    Who owns the resturant - the family or individual, can any family member be the manager from day to day
    Will the npc reviewer and ratings be added to retail.
    Are there new romantic interactions other than feed a bite.
  • Callum2000Callum2000 Posts: 802 Member
    Hi Guru's! Will families be able to run restaurants like a retail store? So will other family members be able to go around the tables offering free meals and talking to the customers, or just the person who has bought the restaurant
  • NicoleNicole Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello,Gurus! Please tell me whether to have a new trait: Vegetarian? ))
  • eliasbingo1997eliasbingo1997 Posts: 1 New Member
    Give me two thing you like the most and like the least about this game pack?.
  • BrunieBrunie Posts: 29 Member

How does the bar work within a restaurant? If you own the restaurant, do you earn money from bar drinks?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Any new traits and aspirations?

Are we getting lasagna as a new recipe?