Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

the sims 2 isn't working,ins't even opening

MacicoMacico Posts: 6 New Member
I have the sims 2 Ultimate on origin ,i tried everything but isn't working ,can someone help me please? i love the game please
my OS is windows 10

Comments

• MacicoMacico Posts: 6 New Member
    i tried to run as admin
    i tried Graphics Rules Maker
    i tried to run on windows mode
    the game even starts
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,847 Member
    have you tried repairing the game, right click the game in origin and click the repair option, if that doesn't work try uninstalling and reinstalling.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • willow_kiddwillow_kidd Posts: 45 Member
    http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Delete_Cache_Files

Try doing as this site advises. It helped when I couldn't open the game at all.
    have you tried repairing the game, right click the game in origin and click the repair option, if that doesn't work try uninstalling and reinstalling.

yes, i tried

Try doing as this site advises. It helped when I couldn't open the game at all.

I tried that,but still the same,the game doesn't open
  • FearlessButterflyFearlessButterfly Posts: 336 Member
    Have you deleted your cache files? Cause they can make the game not start
  • kamra19610kamra19610 Posts: 461 Member
    As of today my game will not open either. Can't get to work and I did uninstall and reinstall. So depressed not getting my sim fix.
  • LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    @kamra19610
    I am not sure when you might read this - was your Sims2 game working yesterday (07/06/2016)?
    Why did you uninstall?
    Did you make any other changes to your computer that might cause other programmes not to run properly?
    After uninstalling, did you do computer maintenance - disk clean-up and defragment your drive, restart - then re-install?
    Are other programmes, running in the background - try turning them off along with the internet.
    Did you restore your computer to an earlier time (system restore) or even back to factory condition with a recovery disk?
    System Restore does not change documents; and consequently doesn't always fix a problem and it's always advisable to do computer maintenance after it.
    Recovery disks are probably the best option if your computer is not functioning well; however Sims2 disks/link consider it a new computer being used and only permits you to use the disk/link to install on five computers.
  • kamra19610kamra19610 Posts: 461 Member
    Wow, no I did not do recovery or disk cleanup. I need to run that tonight. But I just deleted the catch file and it is working fine today. Yesterday it was down, worked the day before. Did not do anything to my computer or add anything that I know of. Oh well just glad to have it working