Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Not So Happy Play Thread & Neutral , No Bashing just your thought's

Comments

• BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I like the game but I am a little disappointed that the family tree can't resemble what it does in the tree in the game. Like I think its really stupid that the 4th generation isn't even recognized or that like a step parent that has raised their spouse child from a baby lets say can flirt with them when they become a YA. Or that when sims marry into the family they aren't family.

Yes I agree, stuff like this should of been fixed right away, But I am hoping that it was not intended for this stuff to happen, cause then that would just be gross to me, because Incest is something I want no part of in my Sims games.
    Voeille wrote: »
    This won't end well... I can see it turning into a flame war. :D

Saying that a thread will turn into a flame war is pointless. Completely. If you see posts that break the forum rules, report them. If everything is fine, there’s no point saying something like that. Isn’t it better to contribute to the OPs topic?

TS4 is a huge disappointment for me. I won’t go into details about every single thing I dislike about this game, because I’d have to spend hours on writing an extremely long post, but this is a great thread to pop up in every now and then and complain about something that annoys us.
    Overall, I hate the direction/vision of this game. Everything is shallow, sims are cheaters by default (I hate that really, it isn’t fun for me at all; it only can be if I decide that a certain sim should be a cheater, all of them being unfaithful is the last thing I want), and the mainly advertised features aren’t really that great. Emotions aren’t based on any in-depth system, build mode and CAS are limited, removing CASt was one of the worst decisions ever... It doesn’t seem to be an AAA PC game, it’s more like a cheap tablet game for kids. ‘Features’ that ‘work as designed’ are game-breaking, and it only makes the impression that the devs didn’t play The Sims at all. Lots of things seem half baked; had the game been improving over time? Sure, but I doubt it can become a sims game I really like. If I dislike its main direction/vision, EPs can’t change that.

I agree 100% , I do not like that My Sims cheat, I am one for family play, I do not want My sims running off with another sim, when they are in a tight knit loving family, it is just so wrong in my book.
    Cinebar wrote: »
    This is a great idea OP if others would stop trying to derail it. I will start it by telling you what happened the last time I played in my game. It will work if people will tell what happened to their Sim while they were playing them and it totally went haywire. As my game often does.

About three weeks ago I was playing my Stoddard-Collins family. I had added Quentin (not yet a ghost) to the west wing of their house and locked him away because in the old soap he is trapped there and possesses David and Amy to cause havoc for others. Even hurt others.

O.K. Barnabas visited them (their pretend vampire cousin from the 1700's) which they don't know that. While he was leaving David grabbed his bowl and started running after him. Of course Barnabas couldn't stop because he was on his way home. I couldn't stop David from going anywhere. I was like screaming at him to stop as I watched the scene from the old western movie play out in my game. Shane! Come back, Shane!

I was not a happy camper. He finally stopped when Barnabas disappeared into his invisible portal to go home. There was nothing for me to click to send David back home. I had to zoom back to the house, click on something so David (the little boy) would go back home.

In the meantime, Quentin had gotten out of his room somehow and gotten under the roof, stuck there. Imagine my frustration. I would have to quit without saving or go into manage worlds and knock them all out into the front yard, but not really their front yard but just right on the edge of their land where there would be no option to send them all back home. Great.

So, I had to go do that, and of course Quentin also landed outside because that was the only way I could get him out from under the roof.

So, I had to go to more trouble not to let him talk to anyone and get him locked back up in a hurry.

They all stood outside doing nothing not really on their actual property just beyond it, with no option to send them home. I had to click on something inside the house for eight Sims to do so they would all go back into the house. Isn't that a load of fun?

Vickie who narrates most of the very first episodes of DS wouldn't finish writing her novels. Every time she started one and had to be interrupted it all started over again. (That was supposed to be fixed along with the other bug Sims getting outside a wall months ago).

So, it was forget trying to finish a novel. Carolyn (Elisabeth's YA daughter caught the kitchen on fire three times) no cooking skills at all. She was jinxed. Maybe Quentin was hexing her.

After paying to replace the counters and clean up the kitchen Mrs. Johnson (housekeeper) and Roger (the brother of Elisabeth) kept getting the tense moodlet though the fire was over hours ago. It would come back over and over every time the entered the kitchen.

Roger ran out of the house a few times long after the fire was over and everything replaced. I don't think he got the memo the fire was over hours ago, and all cleaned up.

Elizabeth kept going to Carolyn's locked room to talk to her though the door is locked. Over and over day after day she would go up those stairs to talk to Carolyn. I guess it fits in with DS but it got annoying.

The decided the half wall used as the stair railing was a good place to place food every time the seven of them went upstairs to Carolyn's room or to wave at each other. Though Carolyn had long since went downstairs to the drawing room to play the piano or mix drinks.

That is only about one third of what bugs popped up that day and or what went wrong with them playing musical chairs all over the house. And Vickie often jogs to lose weight (she has gained way too much) but never turns around and comes back. I have to go searching for her.

How is your game?

Thank you for your post, I am so sorry that you had all those problem's with your game, I am also sorry that I had to giggle at some of those, again so sorry, This is why I made this post, so other's can get out their frustrations, and talk it out, I hope it has helped, and you feel a little better, I hope that the game only gets better for you from now on, :)
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I had to start my DS story over in a new game three times in the last few months. The first time one of my other Sims, Burke, accidentally killed Roger in the Blue Whale by making him too angry. (auto pilot) when I wasn't paying attention. I had Burke grab is urn and rush it back to Roger's house where his sister, her daughter, and his son lived. Lo and behold his son is no longer kin to his aunt and cousin because he (Roger) is dead in that save.

The next time I started over, in a brand new game, replacing all the buildings and houses again, with my own (In WB) Professor Stokes suddenly became extra thin for no reason when I was playing him. Morbidly so. His legs looked like tooth picks compared to his shoulders. I deleted him and added him back but it just wasn't the same. So, I quit save and started again.

No one better say to me how buggy TS3 is and they had to start over because this is the fifth time I have started over in WB due to bugs.

Again I am so sorry you had those problem's, I do Luv your DS stories, I so Luv that series, I would never say anything bout TS3, cause I for one have not had problems in that game yet, so I guess I am one of the lucky ones for TS3, anyhow I hope they fix the bugs for those problems , so that you can finally have a decent game to play, thank you so much for sharing Cinebar.
    Gruffman wrote: »
    I wish there were more negative emotions ... or maybe the negative emotions were stronger.

I don't fully understand the hates children trait. While I don't expect a sim to be mean to his own child ... i don't think he should also just go around auto-hugging, cuddling and spontaneous acts of love. He gets tense around the friends of the child ... he loves to smash the dollhouse and make the kids cry ... but here champ, have a hug.

My insane sim isn't really insane ... sure he talks to himself a lot ... but if that is the definition of insanity then I am insane as well. And sure, his moods can quickly change ... but thats about it. Let him be obsessive ... let him do something crazy, let him decide its a good time to go jogging outside naked ... but no. He is insane cause a box says he is insane.

I wish they would just push the limits on the negative side. Let your hot-headed sims want to fight everything that passes by on the street when they are angry and not just angry walk all over the house. Let the gloomy sims stay all sad and gloomy and mope around and make others be miserable with them. Let the evil sims be evil ...

Let the darker sides out to play some.

Thank you for sharing Gruffman, I agree, the emotions of the sims needs to be fixed, so they can actually act the way they are suppose to.
    I wish when I switch households (because I like to play rotationally), my sims would be where they need to be (work, school, etc.) instead of all standing in front of their house.

I wish I didn't have to deal with random romances with my played sims when I change households. If I wanted them to have a specific romance, I would initiate it. I don't like it when the game takes that choice from me.

I wish I had at least double the room in the worlds. I like to play a large variety of sims over multiple generations. In Sims 2, I bounce around from household to household and I really enjoy being able to play all the sims in my world.

I wish instead of culling (and relationship culling) being a thing that "works as intended" that it didn't exist at all. When I decided to play the Sims, I chose to upgrade and improve my computer as needed so that I could have the best gaming experience possible. I would rather continue to have that responsibility than a downgraded game.

I wish that the family tree worked correctly, and I wish we had community cemeteries so that I can see and enjoy for myself how my Sims world grows over time. The multi-generational history of my families and the town they live in is a big deal to me.

I wish the traits worked properly. Many of them seem to be just a name tag, not really impacting the gameplay. Emotions kind of take over and shunt any "personality" the sim is supposed to have to the side. It's frustrating, and it makes all my sims seem the same.

Yes they all seem to want to act the same way, and I agree, that can be annoying at times, thank you for sharing, :)
    I'm not happy because there's still no toddlers. Things have gotten so desperate that story tellers are phototshopping sims 2 babies and toddlers into their stories.Sad

Yes I have noticed that myself, that the baby & toddler pics are from previous games, none of the baby pics are from Sims 4, so yup that is sad indeed, thank you for your post.
    edited June 2016
    SiliClone wrote: »
    Another thing I dislike A LOT, the "wants to flirt with"... another post made me think about this. I had a sim who married a childhood friend, and they where living at his parent house for a couple of days because I wanted his elder parents to know their daughter in law. Suddenly his father rolled the wish to flirt with his son's fiancée... over and over again, because he was "friend" with her. I found it disgusting, she was always playing at his house as a child and he was already an adult at that time.. "flirt with" just because they are friend is something I don't understand, especially for married Sims.

Ya that would of upset me as well, I like to play my sims to be faithful and loving to only their spouses, it makes me wonder just why they made it so the sims would act like this, it is not fun when you can not control what your sims are doing, yup.
    PS thank you for your post as well, :)
    edited June 2016
    -content removed-

We are not here to tell the Guru's ,EA or Maxis anything, so they do not have to listen or do anything, this thread is for those of us Who need to vent and just talk bout what is bothering them with the games, I made this thread to help other's like Myself, who get so frustrated with no where to go and vent, again as long as we keep this civil and no bashing, then there should be no reason to take this thread down, thank you for your post.
    Post edited by SimStaffBethelle on
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited June 2016
    -content removed-
    We are not here to tell the Guru's ,EA or Maxis anything, so they do not have to listen or do anything, this thread is for those of us Who need to vent and just talk bout what is bothering them with the games, I made this thread to help other's like Myself, who get so frustrated with no where to go and vent, again as long as we keep this civil and no bashing, then there should be no reason to take this thread down, thank you for your post.

Did you miss the part where I agreed there was no problem with this thread?

Well, I don't know about you, but EA, Maxis and the Gurus are *exactly* who we need to be talking to if you want to see *any* kind of improvement in this game. Just venting for the sake of it gets nobody anywhere and there are plenty of negative places to post on this site, trust me, I've probably commented on them lol.

--T

To7m wrote: »
    To7m wrote: »
    Don't have a problem with the thread. Sick and tired of telling who ever (EA, Maxis, Guru's)* what is wrong with this game and getting no where. But you know what, a company can only listen for so long without action before there will be consequences.

Not really much else to say.

--T

ETA: *

Did you miss the part where I agreed there was no problem with this thread?

Well, I don't know about you, but EA, Maxis and the Gurus are *exactly* who we need to be talking to if you want to see *any* kind of improvement in this game. Just venting for the sake of it gets nobody anywhere and there are plenty of negative places to post on this site, trust me, I've probably commented on them lol.

--T

Really? I have not seen any other post's of late to be able to vent on, the only one's I have seen is for Happy people, I did post once on another post My feelings about some of the stuff in the game, and was attacked for it, So I think on My post, many will be able to vent and not be judged or attacked for it, cause that is what this post is for , to vent out your frustrations about the game, and what problems you are having with it, so maybe other's can help, and as far as talking to the Guru's and EA and Maxis, I am sure if they see the problem's others are having with game on this post, they will be able to work on fixing it, We can only hope anyway.
    edited June 2016
    meeoun wrote: »
    I'm so happy I have the Sims 3.
    I feel bad for simmers who couldn't play Sims 3 due to technical difficulties. Missing out man.
    Pity.

The Sims 4 is really boring to me. There's not a lot to do. At least interesting things for me to do. The half baked features ruin it to me. Aspirations are not fun..."purchase 30 columns"..yay, fun. :| Whims are dumb too .."Buy a toy"..when Sim "A" clearly doesn't have children...mmhmm, smarter sims. :|

I like how we have rocket ships, yet no cars. I also like how the slogan is "You Rule"..yet, when I play rotational my inactive sims have love interests with the whole town.

"There's more sims walking the neighborhoods" they say. Yeah, because a parade of sims walking through suburbia makes perfect sense. "There's no lag" they say. Yeah, given that everything is stripped from the game there shouldn't be. But ya know, I sure love dem bugs! Five stars to the Sims 4 Tester team. :|

I want to rant more but what's the point? We spoon feed the team improvements but nothing significant changes. Feedback here is as useless as a glass hammer this time around.

In all IMO, The Sims 4 is the "Special Fred" of the franchise.

Yes Sims 4 has a lot of problem's that need to be fixed, thank you for your post.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Haven't got much to add to this topic relating to the content, but I do belong here. Unfortunately.
    5JZ57S6.png
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Haven't got much to add to this topic relating to the content, but I do belong here. Unfortunately.

Welcome to the post, hope it helps you feel at least a little better once in awhile , :)
    Vagenius wrote: »
    I am kind of neutral, kind of not so happy, a little of both I guess. I think I do have a lot of problems with the game though so maybe I am a not so happy simmer more than neutral. I was excited about Dine Out but the more info I get about features I'm starting to realize that the people making the game are not going the extra mile with small details and depth overall. Like not being able to work every position when running a restaurant, that's incredibly lazy imo and should have been a detail that was added. What are we supposed to do when running a restaurant as a manager? Just sit there and watch npc's basically run it for us. I get that we can hire/fire/set menu etc but after that it just seems like we will sit there and what talk to people eating there or stand around? It's not out yet though so I should probably wait and see how it works before I'm to critical.

The lack of cohesion between packs is what I'm having a problem with(minus Dine out.) For example, with Get To Work they added retail and active careers, why did it stop there after that pack? Why not with Spa Day, you can own a spa now as a new type of business, that's expanding game play, features, meshing ep's/gp's together. Why wasn't I able to own a club, a coffee shop when Get Together came out? It's like everything that comes out is a stand alone game with all new features and completely makes the last thing you bought irrelevant. A new ep comes out it's like ok it's time to move on to the new content and the past content is now just unimportant because it has nothing to do with or it does not work with the new content. I'm not talking about clubs/groups whatever, ya they were a nice idea but I'm talking about adding in new venue types and not expanding on the features from the previous expansion(which would be owning and running a venue.)

On top of that why no new careers when Get Together came out? They put in active careers so why wasn't that expanded? Careers in general how many have we gotten since the base game was released? Just look and you'll see, it's not a lot and that's bs. The careers we do have well some of them are great but some of them are silly. Why the hell have we not gotten many new careers? How am I supposed to create a diverse neighborhood and stories when all of my sims have the same careers(because I'm not interested in having a bunch of secret agents or villainous bad guys, I'm not 12.) I don't consider retail anything but one option for a career(which is a broken mess of a system anyways) and just because I can run different types of shops doesn't change that it's just one feature. Where is the expansion of careers? I don't want every career to be active, although it would make sense for them to make more active careers and continue to expand on that but just MORE careers to create a community of sims that have different types of lives.

How many new aspirations have we gotten, in almost 2 years? How many new skills have we gotten, in almost 2 years? How many new traits have we gotten, in almost 2 years? Not a lot, how do they expect their players to be invested in the game when there isn't that much stuff to be invested in? When beyond the features of the base game there has been minimal expansion on basic features. It's like after a couple weeks of something new coming out you've explored all of it and you're right back here on the forums saying "when can we get more content?" How long is it going to take to actually fill the voids of the base game, you'd think by now there has been a lot of time to fill in those things but nope it's still going in the same direction it started out with, shallow, lackluster and with no longevity of entertaining features. Why is it that I was completely content waiting on expansions in the other sims games? I felt there were many ways to play and many new things to do, my game play was always expanded on, there was longevity in every new ep. Now it's like ok I played this for a week and I think I've done everything so when is the next thing coming out to entertain me for a week.

I don't like the whole approach to this iteration of the franchise. The whole "completely new ideas" thing is just untrue, I haven't seen any new ideas really, where are they? Is active careers a new idea? No(Ambitions.) Is owning a business a new idea? No(Open For Business.) Is clubs a new idea? Could be considered one but I'd say it was more of an expanded idea upon the original idea of jock/nerd/rebel. Are careers a new idea? No, careers are in every game. Is Outdoor Retreat a new idea? No and at least in the past with a vacation it was a lot more fleshed out. Spa day? well we've had a spa before, now we can go there and do a few things, woohoo, except own and run one or work at one(boooo.) There are no new ideas here, it's still the same sim stuff, it's just in the past there were details and depth and now they just scratch the surface and hand out a watered down version of the past ideas. I don't have a problem with new ideas if they're actually new, what I do have a problem with is taking features from previous games that everyone loved and only doing them half as good as they did before.

My opinion of what overall is really wrong with the game is that they spent just way to much time with the emotions crap(that is almost completely irrelevant for me because I've come to realize it has no real actual impact on my game or it's just completely broken.) They spent a lot of time on the sims themselves(which is great) and neglected the environment our sims live and thrive in(not so great and that's where the void is.) I'm not talking about open world or any crap like that, I'm talking about the lives we build for our sims and the interaction between sims through their every day lives: i.e, careers/families/diverse communities(because of careers/environments they live in, not everyone lives in a pretty little suburb), lack of space to build communities and have community lots for our sims to interact on, lack of places to have interesting and meaningful interactions to build stories(why can't my sim go to the hospital if they are sick and meet that doctor working there that just so happens to be my other sim and form a relationship/story, why can't my sim go to a retail lot and meet my other sim that owns it and create a meaningful relationship etc.) The sims is about making stories/creating something, it's not a rpg, a mmo, a moba, a rts, a fps, it's a life simulator and when I'm being given limited tools to really create that life then well that's just not what it is anymore.

I understand some may not agree with me and that's fine but this is my opinion and well I'm not going to argue about it because you may not feel the same, that's kind of what an opinion is.

Welcome to My post, I do agree with you on this 100%, I thank you for posting here, I can only hope that this thread helps the Guru's, EA & Maxis see what needs to be fixed for sims 4, and that the bugs finally get taken care of finally, I do hope that more on careers and such also get added for this game, a lot of content is still missing from this game, I can only hope it gets better for the future, if not then I guess there will be no hope for future Sims games then, again thank you.
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    @Vagenius The sentiment of your post really resonated with me. I feel the same about Dine Out... that after I've explored the new features I'll be left sitting at my desk watching again. Part of me feels a bit silly that despite reading other simmers opinions that this is exactly what would happen and no amount of content would 'fix' the game.... I kept hoping and thinking that more content would make the game feel like a deeper simming experience. I am still holding all judgement until Dine Out has actually been released, but I'm pretty sure that what you and I think will actually occur. Actually, tbh I'm hoping like anything that Dine Out will not leave me empty of in-depth game play and that this time something really complex and fascinating will be released. (See, even now I am reluctant to 100% give up on a sims game!) *face palm*
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    @Vagenius The sentiment of your post really resonated with me. I feel the same about Dine Out... that after I've explored the new features I'll be left sitting at my desk watching again. Part of me feels a bit silly that despite reading other simmers opinions that this is exactly what would happen and no amount of content would 'fix' the game.... I kept hoping and thinking that more content would make the game feel like a deeper simming experience. I am still holding all judgement until Dine Out has actually been released, but I'm pretty sure that what you and I think will actually occur. Actually, tbh I'm hoping like anything that Dine Out will not leave me empty of in-depth game play and that this time something really complex and fascinating will be released. (See, even now I am reluctant to 100% give up on a sims game!) *face palm*

Do not feel bad, I have been hoping from day 1 to get the stuff that I use in the Sims Franchise, And I am still waiting and hoping to see the stuff that I use, I have not given up hope yet, but I am sure I won't wait forever, Thank you for your post, :)
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    That's exactly the problem, we do not want to believe our beloved game stinks. After The Sims had kept on making newer and better versions who and why would they regress and make a watered down poopshoot of a game?
    We instead keep buying packs to try and make TS4 better or even playable. This should not be the case! The base game being the 4th in the series should have been the best one yet!
    I just get upset every time I try to play. I feel duped into believing 4 was going to be this fab game.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited June 2016
    I just miss the amount of creativity I felt with other games. I know you can still be creative in 4, but I felt like each generation had been building on the creative tools from the one before it, and this was the first time in the series where we as players saw fewer ways to create. And it's an odd time for such a decision too. Everywhere you look, more and more games are touting player freedom and creativity, and finding more ways to give players control, and you get to TS4 and it's actually pared down compared to TS3, or even 2.

This series used to feel so unique and innovative, but I feel like they're less interested in innovating and keeping competitive in the gaming world, and more interested in making small packs that don't make much of a difference in our gameplay, but will turn a quick buck. I always say, I don't hate this game, but I know it could have been so much better.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • DeeB424DeeB424 Posts: 35 Member
    It's not so much of a dissatisfaction as it is to the constant delay in the response of the game. Not an internet thing - Example, when you click on a Sim 4 to pull up his/her menu it is such a delay. I've had new conversations before the menu comes up for me to choose a discussion to begin. Not very fluent for stirring a conversation my way.

ALSO - GENERATIONS! If I'm not on top of each of my families, Mom and/or Dad die but they are nowhere to be found. Because they wander ALL the time everywhere, when they die their urns disappear. IF the game would by default put the urn into the families Inventory, at least then it's up to us what to do with them. I've had spirit of family that I did not want spirit of . But because i couldn't release them, they wander as ghosts and texting my kids...really? Pain in the keyboard.

When a family member gets an invite but you have active with other family members, it would be nice to be able to "SEND" them on their way and keep with your current play. I've clicked on sister and trying to connect them up to play while the other one gets an invite and if I let them go, I have to go with them :(

The longggggg drawn out wait in between worlds is getting tiresome too. I've had my labor situations get stuck in long world change to the hospital and get there and she's having the baby in a basket outside the hospital. Then she goes home but then comes back to the hospital. EEeeck.

OH and the facial color changes - I still don't know how to fix this.

These are just a few of my pet peeves that I would think could get changed and make it better.